What the fuck did I just watch?

what the fuck did I just watch?

Attached: end-evangelion-netflix-neon-genesis.jpg (1440x810, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY&t=17
youtube.com/watch?v=_W_lidMIZ-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4HALL5-PZu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you read your own filename? Cause that's what you just watched retard.

kino

You evafags are getting on my nerves, stop making threads, also Shinji had sex with Asuka and no can prove me wrong.

Attached: 1555363221938.png (818x659, 328K)

He only ever had sex with his own hand, and so have you and no one can prove me wrong.

You watched The End of Evangelion (1997), written and directed by Hideaki Anno and animated by Production I.G.

yeah, but what the fuck was it? They all became tomato soup at the end except a redheaded chick and some autistic boy? wtf.

does this require a rewatch to fully appreciate? I looked up a guide afterwards to understand what Kaworu was talking about by him and Rei were the same and what Lilith was and why angels were coming after her. It clarified a bit but I suspect I need to rewatch this.

Did anyone else feel like this?

>he needs to rewatch it
dummy

but I left more confused than I did after finishing the series.

some films are better with multiple rewatches.

Both Asuka and Shinji became orange juice as well. They just got their body back together after the fact.

Yeah one of the guides explained it is like the primordial ooze where life came from and all the other people are gonna creep out of it. Presumeably we will get Misato back from the dead and shit?

They have to want to comeback, but if they do they can.

woah, that completely went over my head. That's from when "rei" was sat on Shinji's dick at the end and asks if he wants to go back?

It happen during the part where the giant Rei falls apart.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion - 26' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][84BEB803] (1920x1080, 258K)

Not sure how that works out with people that died before becoming tang

Thinking about doing another "Yea Forums watches EVA" run someday soon.
Mite b fun

Yeah yo

Crossboarder-kun is right, you just watched a kinographic work of art.

>[Sephirotic]
My nigga.

I vote for a Yea Forums draws evangelion Op too.

hmmm maybe it was the translation I used but I dont recall that line and I only watched it a few hours ago.

How does Yea Forums feel about the Sephirotic translation?

It's possible that their souls lingered for a while before Instrumentality started.

The greatest work of fiction ever produced.

Attached: EoE Zoetrope.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

It's funny because the more I watch EVA 3.0, the more I start to convince myself that I don't hate it, and that it being a weird fucking movie is what makes it better and kind of like a weird long episode of original EVA.

why am I a crossboarder?
I actually watched the Sephirotic translation, is it the best?
Maybe I just need to rewatch now that I have delved into the lore a bit.
I really did love teh animation and the whole series (up until Kaworu started to confuse me with his Lilum talk)

I believe that the plan was we would watch an ep or two per day after the Netflix release, pretending it's 1995 and none of us have seen it before.

Attached: evangelion shitposting.gif (500x375, 1.68M)

I unironically believe that EoE is one of the greatest animated movies ever made.

Anime, yes, but Ulysses is widely regarded as the greatest piece of modern literature

guys is there any movie out there that has similar mind screw vibed to EoE i really want more like it

that's the Rebuild right? Not seen that yet.
By the way, Did I miss anything watching EVA 1-26 and EoE only?
Did I need Death/Rebirth or something?

>why am I a crossboarder?
Kino is crossboarder lingo from Yea Forums, but i wasn't trying to offend you user :3
>I actually watched the Sephirotic translation, is it the best?
In my opinion yes, especially for english and br portuguese. Some people dislike his color correction and a lot of encoders are assblasted by his release till this day.

If you watched Sephirotic then the line should be the same since this is from Sephirotic

>How does Yea Forums feel about the Sephirotic translation?
There are some minor issues, though nothing that should impact the experience. There was one fag claiming he was going to put out an edited version that supposedly "made it less awkward", don't know what happend to that though.

barely, the last madoka magica movie might have something reminiscent, but nothing really captures what happened in End of Evangelion

you didn't miss anything. Death / Rebirth was just a recap movie.

Nah I mean a rewatch from last year when I streamed all of EVA+EoE + Rebuilds for people. It was a fun time. Good discussion was had.

Attached: EhStreams.png (1813x782, 1.12M)

you think I would benefit from rewatching it again? I think it might do now I have confirmed a bit more about the lore.

I would recommend watching the Death part of Death and Rebirth. It is probably the best handled recap movie I've seen.

No. Give it time to settle - like a week or two - then either move onto the rebuilds or rewatch the entire show from beginning to end.

>but i wasn't trying to offend you user
Ah I see, nope I wasn't offended I just wondered if this was an Yea Forums term as I don't frequent this board.
>translation
Cool I will stick with it. Maybe I am just a brainlet cos I still didn't get what was really going on when Kaworu was talking to Rei about being the same, or what Shinji's dad was doing with that weird dino embryo. Who knows.

I wouldn't be against the idea of someone re-encoding the Sephirotic Edittion. Shit is fucking big.

Attached: 2019-04-22 17_56_52-Window.png (455x512, 20K)

>not using the raw BDs that are like a half terabyte total

>post yfw you watch the extended live-action sequence

On the topic of the rebuilds I've only a few select things to say:
Watch them or don't.

Do NOT expect TV EVA + EoE if you are going into the Rebuilds.
I find it's a healthier experience to just put a big wall between Rebuilds and NGE and just think of them as their own things or thinking of it as the popular theory that the Rebuilds are a second loop of events.

haha I was afraid you might say that. Spent all of easter watching it through. If I were going to do that, I would have to leave it a long time. But yeah, I am REALLY sure that I have just not got the whole of what the movie is about. I suspect this cos I did actually enjoy the movie overall.

The scenes near the end of EoE?

yeah I was gonna rule them out for now, knowing that the series is infamous for being mid-bending and I know I would wanna isolate the series and get to grips with it first.

Well Rebuilds are less mind-fuckey and more just.. stuff. A lot of stuff.
1.0 is pretty tame where it's just a movie of the show up too the Remial fight which is really cool.
2.0 is where things sort of unhinge from being like the original show and deviate wildly.
3.0 isn't even about the original series which I think is one of the big reasons people don't like it. I actually kinda like that it's not touching NGE and instead trying to do its own thing, but at the same time it's just jarring and odd.

Attached: 0089-019.jpg (1131x1600, 359K)

>3.0 isn't even about the original series
It is really just a longer version of episode 24, basically.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: mind.jpg (1442x1614, 733K)

yeah, they look interesting, but I think I will keep that at arms length until I can fully appreciat what NGE has to offer. Did you feel the same about the series when you first saw it?

I found the lore and backdrop incredibly murky and I suspect they meant to do this to make it harder to guess.

For example, I never even got that Rei had Lilith's DNA but I did suspect she was a Yui clone after she was revealed to lookjust like her.

I love Asuka!

Attached: 1436078592627.jpg (499x697, 54K)

The girls are so fucking hot in SIRP.

Attached: sirp.jpg (1035x1500, 465K)

/thread

This was peak humanity

It's all downhill from here

How worth it is SIRP? Does the romance go anywhere or is it just harem shenanigans?

The backdrop and the world of EVA is pretty murky by default. Rebuilds flesh it out a little more I guess. But Eva from NGE + EoE were less about the setting and far more about the people in it and the relationships they have with eachother.
NGE really is a character drama.

Romance goes pretty much nowhere. It's wish fulfullment for people that want to see Shinji hang out with Asuka and Rei.
I will say it's got some great jokes in it though. I wish it stayed as a humor manga instead of a wankfest with Shinji slipping an falling head and dick first into ass and tits LITERALLY EVERY CHAPTER.

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Chapter 74 Page 21.png (534x631, 311K)

They really are. best thing about this manga is that they are technically official tits and I can't get banned for it.
THIS MANGA IS OFFICIAL. LOOK IT UP YOURSELF, JANNY.

Attached: 0058-022.jpg (1131x1600, 388K)

I love Asuka!

Attached: 1500786481341.png (504x3855, 2.87M)

youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY&t=17

Downloading already

that's not how nsfw works on Yea Forums, before April almost all nipples were pruned, seems this month the mods changed policy

I love Rei but Asuka deserves to be loved and cherished!

Gendo is also the best in SIRP

Attached: gendo.jpg (1024x1449, 317K)

sure but i also watched it for its symbolism and themes about religion and spirituality too. I am just watching Wisecrack's series about Philosophy in media and the NGE is claiming that EVAs are angels, but if i recall EoE says they are actually made from Lilith's DNA. This is what I mean, it's super murky. Am I wrong onn this one?

is that yui?
also, those calendars and the strip mahjong game also included official tits. they were in the show sure, but I really wonder why gainax loved to sell ecchi themselves. I guess they knew it was a thriving market.

is it best to watch it in the dub if I think it's a bit murky to follow?

Oh user. Something you need to realize about EVA is that the symbolism a lot of the time is nonsense because they simply thought it looked cool.
Not even kidding. Like the cross explosions? simply because it's cool. A lot of the religious symbolism is simply there with no meaning, unless you somehow create meaning out of it - which admittedly NGE is very good at doing.

god my wife has perky tits

You are doubly wrong.
The descendants of Lilith are also angels. That is why humanity is the last angel.
And only unit-01 is made from Lilith, the rest are made from Adam.

>AHAHHAHA so trippy xD
Fuck off underage dimwit

I love both Rei and Asuka!

Attached: 1498538312093.png (1280x800, 1.17M)

That's Yui and Asuka's mom.

Eh. It's not like it'll help you either way.
I think the voice acting in Jap is A+. Especially during the last 10 episodes + EoE.

Kyoko a best.

Attached: 0098-005.jpg (1130x2260, 1008K)

>Gendo is also the best in all eva works
ftfy

Attached: 1554622109221.jpg (853x1200, 269K)

read rule 6 pls newfriend

>Something you need to realize about EVA is that the symbolism a lot of the time is nonsense because they simply thought it looked cool.
redditors will actually defend this opinion. It's pretty obvious the religious symbolism has a bit more meaning than just looking cool. If you actually watched the show rather than posting on reddit you could easily see this, despite what Hikekianno says.

Attached: 1545934634263.png (511x511, 114K)

Asuka's mom to the right? I thought that was Misato
Misato must be the one with her head out of the picture

Sit and think, don't just go and ask for solutions.
This is your puzzle and journey.

i thought angels are adam's children and the rest is liliths?
Isn't that the whole point of the conflict? Angels are trying to attack the body of lilith?

Also, why build EVAs if Gendo and Seele WANTED the third impact to happen. It's it when Adam meets Lilith (an angel makes it to the crucified body of Lilith)?

anno know's very well how much symbolism he put in and what it was referring to (selee = you know what), why he says such random contradictory stuff sometimes is probably just a symptom of his manic depression

since when is Misato blonde, user?
Misato is the one on the left slightly out of frame.

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Chapter 89 Page 18.png (1029x675, 627K)

It may help as I was cnstantly back skipping 5 seconds to re-read a line and make sure I was following shit, especially when SEELE was telling me about their plots.

The hairstyles are similar, and I didn't even know Asuka's mom was in this.

No shame in pausing if you need to read them.
I personally just went in and didn't pause. I remember people saying it's a little convoluted so I wanted to watch it all the way through with no pausing to see if I could figure out what was happening. I ended up still enjoying it a lot.

If the angels caused 3rd Impact, they'd just wipe out all Lilith based life (humans) and replace Earth's ecosystem with their own.
The 3rd Impact Gendo/SEELE were aiming for was one they controlled on their own terms to cause instrumentality.

It's an alternate timeline r whatever where everything is happy. It's an SoL mango.

They are both angels since Adam and Lilith are both aliens from the same place that happens to land on the same planet.

They don’t want any third impact to happen. Since that would simply result in the annihilation of humanity. They want a controlled third impact were all of humanity return to their primordial state.

this bait, please at least try a little harder faggot

Yep

ah I understand. But I am sure I read somewhere that EVAs are cloned from Lilith and Angels are Adam's children? Surely this user is not correct regarding Agels coming from Lilith?

It aint bait, this is a very murky show regarding its lore.

Reminder that OP made this thread after his first got zero replies. Stop giving attention to this sad faggot.

Lilith herself is an Angel. So is humanity. They say this in EoE if I remember correctly.
Adam and his descendants are just a different type of angels.

It is made explicitly clear in the show that the Evas are made from Adam, except for Unit-01.

I think the proper term for Lilith and Adam are Seeds of Life, and the angels are their offspring.
So being refereed to as the 1st and 2nd Angels is a bit of a misnomer.

Nah, that’s just Stockholm Syndrome.

damn it gets worse. So the question then is why teh 16 (or so) angels are trying to get to lilith in the first place? I know it is to wipe out life, but why would lilith be an angel/seed and create life only for adam's bois to come and destroy it? I'm so unhappy I was born this autistic and need to have every scrap of lore straightened out in my head to feel I have fully gotten a story.

Yeah maybe. though I end up disliking 2.0 more because Mari and her unnecessary existence are still in it.

acting like a retard is bait whether you're actually acting or not

gotta sell more merchandise user

Attached: 009.jpg (640x527, 37K)

don't respond to trolls, just report and continue civilly discussing anime & mango

i hate her desu
if she had problems like everyone else and wasn't in literally 3 scenes of the entire movie things would be different. the preview of 3.0 at the end of 2.0 was showed something akin to that but lo and behold that preview actually doesn't fucking exist.

>report the trol
>the troll is OP
>unintentionally bumping OP's thread
genius

What is she drinking in her entry plug?

Also she literally never comes out of her Entry Plug in 3.0, does she just live in it?

Attached: drinks.png (1280x544, 685K)

I've honestly never wanted to kill anyone as much as Anno, watch him delay eva 4 and end the series with zero explanation for mari
asuka's ****** *****

I actually don't know. I'm actually more confused on HOW she's drinking it when pods are filled with LCL - a liquid - AND SHE'S DRINKING A FUCKING LIQUID INSIDE OF IT

what's the amtter user, never seen Spongebob take a bath?

Attached: big_1477350155_image.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Spongebob is a comedy.
Eva couldn't be farther away from being a comedy.

Spongebob justifies having a beach with it being denser goo, could be the same idea?

let it sink in a bit first

yeah, after 6 hours it seems to be coalescing much more already. I think I will wait a couple of weeks and do the whole thing again.

>one of
That's your mistake. It's THE best.

Yea Forums here. It's refreshing to see people outside of Yea Forums talking about Ulysses.

The only anime i watched twice. And the second time was much clearer and gave me many AHA moments

kinda this. takes a couple watches

Lilith and Adam are two separate Seeds of Life. There was some precursor race that created these seeds of life that were sent to different planets. There was never supposed to be more than one seed on a planet and the Lances of Longinus and Cassius are meant to contain a seed if that happens. That's what Lilith is impaled by on the cross. This is more speculation but it seems that Adam's angels believe that Lilith IS Adam and are trying to merge with it. The results would be Third Impact.

>They all became tomato soup at the end
Excuse me, the term is Tang™.

Was Cassius ever actually mentioned in name verbatim or did it just fucking show up?

Just this statement alone is guaranteed to rustle many eva-posters jimmies on this board.

It just fucking showed up. Granted though, this was in the Rebuilds. It's only Longinus in the anime and EoE

Wasn't Longinus and Cassius in 3.0 though?
Also for fucks sakes I hate 3.0 because it feels like we missed an entire movie's worth of development.

This stuff is mostly buried in the supplementary materials.

Basically Adam called dibs on Earth first.
Lilith crashes his party and loses/destroys her lance in the process of landing on Earth, so she doesn't get put to sleep like she should have.
Adam's Lance activates its automatic contingency since Lilith is still present, and forces Adam to sleep.
Lilith steals and populates his planet.
Adam is woken up in Antarctica when SEELE has the lance removed, and Adam is left wondering what all these little fuckers that shouldn't be there are doing, and so 2nd Impact happens.

Yeah, both were in 3.0. Cassius shows up in 2.0 at the very end. 3.0 feels that way because we pretty much did, the trailer for 3.0 at the end of 2.0 shows completely different events happening such as Kaji being alive and Mari looked like she was going to get some development. Kind of a shame since I think Mari has the best english VA.

Why the fuck Asuka came back if she died before shit happened?

Does that mean Misato, Kaji and manga Toji can come back, too?

I didn't know you Yea Forumsizens ventured outside of your library (board), what's the novel of the month?

This user explained the Seeds of Life deal alot better than I did/could.

b-based

Yeah but they don't want to. Asuka and Shinji were the only two people (seemingly of everyone) who would rather starve to death in the real world than lie to themselves in a false one.

Ok, I understand they were able to.

But I meant, why exactly?
The Tangification mechanics revert all matter and people's souls were collected inside Rei.

Kaji's, Misato's and Asuka's souls departed the terrenal world back to Guf when they died, before Third Impact, so their souls weren't physically inside Giant Rei.

If they can come back from inside Rei, it implies every single fucker that ever died (if souls aren't recycled for reincarnation) can come back.

>In the deserted remains of Berlin, I single figure emerges from the Reichstag

Rei had started the soul collection process just before 3rd Impact began.
We see for those who died that Rei appeared before them, and Rei was collecting the souls of the already dead bodies of NERV employees in the hallways.

We don't see Asuka's soul get collected, but presumably she got the same treatment as Misato and Ritsuko did, unless maybe Unit-02 tanged her first when she was dying.

>starve to death
Nah, they're fine.

Attached: 1512540089347.jpg (720x749, 245K)

what do impacts accomplish. are they just something that happens to wipe the slate clean or are they a terraforming process?

you're an eva fan and don't know what instrumentality is?

Attached: 1511202543988.png (657x3213, 326K)

Oh, you're right, nice catch.

So no Kaji then? He was a total bro.

Probably Book of the New Sun right now, all things considered. But yeah, I browse this board on occasion.

I remember reading about that one on the science and fantasy general, super dark and stuff right? I remember reading the first couple pages, I must've lost the epub when I switched computers
Given how low quality most the content on Yea Forums is im honestly surprised people versed in literature can stand it, most the content being so thematically simplistic and childish, save for very few like eva and others

I haven't watched it in a while and my understanding of it is rusty.

instrumentality is the supposed amalgam of all human consciousness, those alive at the catalyst being blended into one godlike mind, knowing seele, with them in some way or position at the center of it, or perhaps they did it for the genuine benefit of mankind
It's starkly similar to some transhumanism concepts, leading to some say it's a play off the real life illuminati and their plans

kek

3 is the only rebuild I actually like because it actually tries to be different instead of a poorly paced movie version of the original series.

I mean 3.0 still has some pacing problems and character problems.
Funnily enough all of those moments take place on Willie

how deep in are u user

Attached: how deep.jpg (1577x2216, 968K)

LCL is only a yellow liquid when its inert, when it has a current running through it it's a colorless gas. It's never explicitly addressed but it's depicted at multiple points in the series, like when 01 is running out of power inside leliel and the inside of the plug is getting murkier and more yellow

Yes it definitely has character issues. There should’ve been a movie entirely dedicated to character depth but nobody would’ve liked that.

isn't it only translucent when oxidated?

could be, now that i think about it i'm not sure exactly what it was

bottom for shitposting
Yea Forums in terms of believer

mine was about the rebuilds.

anything south of Yea Forums is autism

Do you belong on a deeper layer if you only believe one or two from there?

this depends; which ones do you believe

>this depends; which ones do you believe
Just curious, I don't really go deeper than Yea Forums but just for the sake of argument let's say I think Kaworu did nothing wrong and Maya is the best girl.

Best damn mindfuck

>Shinji killed Kaji
Sounds good to me, I always knew Shinji had a dark secret in it all.

Karl did everything wrong and also Maya is a Lesbian and is therefore revoked from being best girl.
Please choose again

Answer the question, damn it! I won't make up more imaginary scenarios.

You did not ask a question, user. You made a statement. What is you question though? also have an inage if the mentally frail cutie.

Attached: 4DAF0D01-0B10-4210-9686-932D77C91273.jpg (708x1000, 449K)

>You did not ask a question, user.
user.
Please.
>Do you belong on a deeper layer if you only believe one or two from there?

Since what you believe in is wrong, no. I think you stay on Yea Forums.

>Since what you believe in is wrong, no.
By that logic even the ones believing everything in the deep layers don't actually belong there.

>Wasting time with EOE when you could have been watching Lagann-Hen.

I've pretty much thought that it is the best animated movie ever made since I first saw it, but really I think it's probably one of the greatest works of art ever made... No one is going to go cry looking at the Sistine Chapel these days, of course that took more technique to do, but it isn't the most emotional as fiction, the art of canvas and oil is not as complex as sequential art, and books lack visuals. Modern art takes no talent so it is basically pointless. There are loads of good anime, but... NGE was beautifully told, had great colors and art direction, and ended up telling a really avant-garde and emotional story... I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if people still talk about it in hundreds of years. It's not going to age poorly.

Attached: 57453.png (1536x864, 2.03M)

>you guys could be watching garbage
thanks user

IT BEGINS.

Attached: 1507872101310.jpg (279x304, 16K)

>unnecessary existence
I think she's going to be the key character in 3.0+1.0

youtube.com/watch?v=_W_lidMIZ-Y

she isn't supposed to have problems like everyone else.
She literally doesn't belong in the series.
She is a generic positive anime female heroine
The movie was made to insult you.
All of the characters are wrong, they all act inappropriately.

Hey OP, if you are still there, i recommend re-watching the instrumentality sequence, as its the climax of the series. Pretty great stuff.
Also about lore, i can always answers most questions, i love to discuss this shit.

The main plot (seele, gendo, instrumentality) of series was purposely made a bit obscure, as it wasnt the point of the show. The point of the show was the psychology of the characters. Eventually anno answered some of the more techinical questions, such as Lilith and Adams origins, but that really doesnt matter.

What matter is the character stuff. Savor it, understand their problems, shinji's cowardice, asuka's strong girl mask, rei's existential crisis, and so on.

youtube.com/watch?v=4HALL5-PZu4
>what the fuck did I just watch?
the ending of devilman.