Bunny Girl Senpai

What makes him so great?

Attached: IMG_20190422_135425.jpg (1280x1440, 97K)

He's not, he has shit taste in girls.

Rio a best
Tomoe a second best
Mai a shit

Attached: a34d22b931fc7a6f3b4f237af9b4ebc3.png (884x1134, 505K)

He didn’t take forever to pick a girl and takes a very active approach to his girlfriend. Plus he stands up for his friends and sacrificed a lot for his imouto
Mai and imouto best girls

He reminds me of myself tbdesu

discount araragi

Oh wow, I look so good there.

he's not that great but he seems great becuase the average japanese MC is a inhumanely cowardly and retarded idiot. he actually acts like a real person with a personality, he actually expresses intrest in the main girl, and is going out with her by like 3 episodes in

low key alpha with a sharp sense of humor just like me

He overlooks people's social interactions and accepts their true intentions as a mean of finding enjoyment in his own life and making the ones he love safe and happy. That's what differentiates him from other protagonists of the genre, he is not a nihilistic, self-indulgent, egotistical guy who is always looking to manipulate people and situations in order to advance his interests. He understands how people act in a social environment and that it's useless to try and change their ways. Living his own life, dealing with his own life problems, the problems of the ones that he loves is something more important than fighting against an atmosphere that can't be disrupted.

In his own words, he is a guy who can take hints, but chooses not to.

Attached: Seishun Buta Yarou.png (844x600, 768K)

nothing, couldn't protect imouto's smile

Attached: 1541028842907.png (1920x2153, 3.59M)

He's a Chad

literally me

*gets hit by truck-kun*

Attached: truck-kun.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

Someone post that webm,this character is a joke.

why, thank you. But I'm not that great.

>Rio
Too introverted, geek and insecure to enjoy a good and stable relationship. Only pro is boobs

>Tomoe
An imature normie that thinks popularity>be herself, to the ridiculous point where she fakes a relationship and falls in love with the lie. Thinks way too much of what others think of her and her whole self is a lie. Huge red flag

>Mai
Considerate, cute despite too much tease. Gets in a bullet train to see you on her birthday. Convinces her agency to let her date you. Calls you whenever she's free, cooks for you, gives her spare clothes to your sister (and the lewd ones to you) and is able to satisfy you bunnygirl and foot fetishes.

Genuinely one of the worst-written MCs in an anime.

He's better than araragi

This is me. this is Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It's me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you'd see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say "Yup, that's me". I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I'm assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I've found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It's really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it's almost like we're identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

Attached: 1544422032823.webm (640x480, 3M)

The science bullshit in this show is ridiculous, makes me glad Monogatari went the fantasy route.

>L-look mom I-I shitposted again

Have your (you), now fuck off.

It's over.

Attached: eyes.jpg (1920x1080, 98K)

He should have fucked his sister

Nothing. black slate self insert character.

But he did. Just look at this perfect smile.

Attached: kaede.png (2560x1440, 2.22M)

God the MC was annoying.

>i'm so cool bro!!!!!

Attached: 1545860885018.webm (1920x1080, 599K)

this fucking video

Just when I thought this anime couldn't get anymore generic.

Why didn't Chad just get up and beat the shit out of him?

>has a job
>has a girlfriend
>has friends
How can I self insert like this?

it would break the immersion

Thumbnail gets me every time

The way it happens in the story is not generic at all. Volumes 6 and 7 are definitely and by far the most unique tragic romance story I've ever read.

Attached: fateful.jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

does what posted break the immersion?

CHAD virgin + banter with best girl waifu.

Attached: 1539814137251.webm (1280x720, 403K)

Because the intro and one or two scenes with senpai give you the inclination that he's going to be a more proactive MC than most harem anime have, but then the story does nothing with this premise.
RDNDBGS is only really good for its opening.

I'll hold you to it, user. I only managed to finish the TV series because my curoisty about the movie. Announcing the movie before the first episode even aired sounded kinda ballsy.

His smug voice does it for me, I'm really glad Ishikawa got the role.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai - 06 [720p]-2018-11-07-23h03 (1280x720, 658K)

I'm not proud of that period of my life but you gotta record the bad moments, too

Babby's first "literally me" character, but made 10 times worse than classic examples you probably never heard of. Pathetic.

Attached: oreki.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Don't know how good the movie is going to be. If they had adapted everything from the LN into the anime you should know the entire conflict of the movie by the middle of Futaba's arc, it's literally my favorite scene from the first 3 volumes. Don't know how they're going to do it in the movie or if it will have the same impact.

>classic
>never heard of
How can it be a classic if I never heard of it?

This. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

she is prettier than mai

It's an entry level anime for the literally me genre.

Attached: 1550041636068.jpg (719x932, 66K)

I don't wear glasses.

You dumb posers wish you could be like 50%

Attached: Rule Two.gif (400x300, 22K)

>no araragi
t.monogatarifag

It doesn't.
You faggots would react exactly the same if you find out your brocon, borderline-retarded, autist of a little sister who worships the ground you walk on suddenly turns back into a normal person.

Araragi is a pedophile, literally me.

>Araragi
>has suicidal depression
>all the other characters walk all over him
>his superpower is getting the shit beaten out of him
>loses every fight he gets into
>has no friends
>only acquired harem because of vampire powers

>self insert

Attached: 123414234254.png (1280x525, 789K)

God, I wish that were me.

You forget to add the one that actually looks like the guy in the pic.

Attached: Katsuragi.Keima.full.628178.jpg (1272x1153, 451K)

also:

> manlet

seriously what guy lets his sister be taller?

>he doesn't know

Is he /ourseiyuu/?

Attached: Ishikawa Kaito.png (768x480, 428K)

Shitty genes.

This is every "literally me" character by the second act.

Not really. Hachiman and Ayano are nothing like that.

Being able to perfectly understand social situations (unless it needs to be otherwise for plot relevance) and yet being a self imposed loner.
Yeah that's pretty much it.

>self imposed loner
Watch the anime.

Cause he's just like me

I have retard.

8man's "willful bad guy" act is self-imposed social exile because he's scared of people.

Why is Mai so perfect

Kimi no Sei

Attached: 1411251718160.png (426x418, 180K)

Here are a few reasons:
>successful and nationwide recognized young actress and model
>one of the best students in her class despite being always busy with work
>strong, independent and extremely professional
>doesn't like to stand out despite being famous
>rich, already has multiple properties at 17
>cares about her boyfriend's health more than anything else
>is completely ok with losing role opportunities for him
>wants to take care and become a mother figure to his little sister
>has a forceful personality that never comes across as arrogant
>always kind to others
>doesn't care about what people other than her boyfriend think about her
>will always do anything to protect him, her half-sister and her friends
>wants a traditional, step-by-step relationship with her boyfriend
>loves to tease him but doesn't give in so easily to his perversions
>not a degenerate whore who is willing to have sex before marriage
>conservative, in both looks and behavior
I think she might be the best female character of all time.

Attached: sakurajima.jpg (848x1199, 93K)

Why is Mai such perfect waifu bait for pseudo-intellectual otaku trash?

amen

Attached: smile.png (1024x703, 783K)

It's literally me, but in anime

because he's LITERALLY ME

God I hate male otaku-pandering tripe like this. This isn't subversive, in anyway. It's not fucking gay. It's just pandering for sad incel virgins, who only care about escapism. Give me Carol and Tuesday, please. Give me Bloom Into You. Give me Mub Shitco, thanks. Don't give me dross like this. Don't give my dross like Shieldbro. I hope to God the olympics finally ending this degrading spectacle

What do I have to do for Tomoe to sit on my face?

>entire conflict of the movie
>the middle of Futaba's arc
The movie isn't a sequel to the TV series? Fucking dropped. I don't wanna read some cheap side story where I know MC will be fine in the end.

It is the sequel you fucking retard. It all happens after the events of the anime. I'm just saying that in the LN they reveal Shoko's problem/condition in the middle of Futaba's arc, they cut it out from the anime.

So when is the movie?
Also who the hell is going to sub?

her entire character revolves around being waifu bait so of course she's perfect

>What makes him so great?
He's the snarky, well-intentioned asshole many of us aspired to be but never had the guts to.

Great value arararararagi-san

Attached: FB2084F4-3701-4AE5-9ACA-6A55039BC398.jpg (500x460, 77K)

July 15th in Japan. I imagine the Blu-Ray will come out around December, maybe earlier depending on Aniplex. Just don't expect any official western release this year. I wouldn't worry about getting it fansubbed before the end of the year though, it is way too popular and has a lot of people on its source material already.

Oh fuck, I didn't see the "by the middle" in that sentence.
I thought it was gonna another recap/non canon side story like most tie-in anime movies. My bad user

*June 15th
Sorry, I need some sleep.

For only 298 yen?

Attached: 12535123423423.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Shoko a best
Tomoe a second best
Kaede a kek
Nodoka a second kek
Rio a shit
Maislut the shittiest

he's literally me

Good list, but its actually the other way around.
Common mistake though.

Based. Gotta protect her at all costs.

Attached: 190209090118.jpg (1653x1169, 189K)

8man is better than this clown

Protect her from what?
The only conflicts in the show is other people being immature teenagers while the gary-stu holds their hand and shares with them his infinite wisdom he accrued over his time as a teenage high school kid.

>protect her from what
>he doesn't know
You'll know it if you watch the movie or read Vol.3, Chapter 4 of the light novel.

Also, not all of their problems come from acting immature in a certain situation. Mai is by far the most mature and responsible character in the series and couldn't do anything about the conflict of the first arc. Kaede wasn't at fault of what happened to her in the first place. Futaba and Tomoe were definitely a little immature and they could've handled things a lot differently from the very beginning, especially Futaba. Nodoka is a spoiled brat, she is definitely mature enough and has a lot of responsibilities for her age, but she couldn't do things any differently if she wanted to.

That's why I said other people dumbass
Both him and Mai are perfect self-insert and waifu-bait material.
It's everyone else that actually acts their age.

No. Sakuta and Mai act accordingly to their experiences in life. You think someone who started working as a model/actress at 6, had her father abandon her and her mother for another woman, and her own mother using her to gain money and status wouldn't act the way that she does by high school? The same for Sakuta, who had his family completely destroyed in the span of a couple of months.

Kaede (the original) is incredibly well-adjusted and mature for her age. Completely independent from her brother, never really did anything stupid either.

Haruhi and Kyon for zoomers

But zoomers hated it.

Because he's the living embodiment of the "if only I said that zinger, I'd have looked so cool" thought autists have in hindsight after being made a fool of again. Unfortunately in practice, those epic comebacks are rarely good and most of the time come across as cringy and tryhard.

Spoil me on the parts of the LN the movie will cover.

this isn't haruhi for anything; this is just trash for human trash

Sakuta will get truck'd, Mai saves him, she get truck'd instead
Sakuta saves her through Shoko's time travel

They didn't.

>has suicidal depression
>all the other characters walk all over him
>his superpower is getting the shit beaten out of him
>loses every fight he gets into
>has no friends
You just described most of the people here

sakuta to me isnt a "literally me" character, i mean, he has a cute famous artist gf, its more like a "god i wish that were me" character

sakuta sounds way more realistic as a person compared to the likes of hachiman, oreki, or ayanokouji

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-04-08-40-11~2.png (720x489, 345K)

This reeks of plebbit

>god i wish that were me" character
I think you didn't get the point of the meme

he is the gary stu of "literally me" characters, he wouldn't be out of place in twilight

I don't have cute little sisters to molest.

Oh woe is me I have an harem full of beautiful girls (and guys, and their mothers) that want to fuck me just how sad is my life

What wonderful justifications for making a self-insert for people who wants to relive high-school life but with the mentality of an adult.

Why would people want to self insert into someone who's actually like them?

The /literally me/ gang:
-Oreki
-8man
-Sakuta
-Keima
-50%man
-Tomochad

Who else?

>gets a harem because of vampire harem
>spends second act losing harem because he's not a gary stu self insert
Sure his life is better than yours but that's not exactly hard to accomplish is it?

This lad.

Attached: rararagi-feature.jpg (700x1000, 333K)

Are you retarded?

Are you?

Are there any female "literally me" characters?

>why would people self inset into someone like them except he has an harem?
Are you retarded?

this is the dumbest meme since "literally me" is purely subjective so the characters that could count as one is literally endless

every other shoujo manga

based futaba-poster

Can't believe you would forget the best one.

Attached: Kyon-and-Haruhi-haruhixkyon-17268077-640-360.jpg (640x360, 26K)

He's Hikigaya's replacement for the mean time. That's what makes hin great

Stealing my posting job I see

this. i can confirm most watchers watching this are just waiting for oregairu

Because self-inserts are not supposed to be like the viewer but like the viewer pretends to be

You are the retarded one for not getting the literally me meme

What is wrong with his teeth?

I wonder if there's a label we could apply to a female character with no flaws who is perfect in every way and panders to the target audience.

idk man, i tried watching hyouka and got bored real quick, tried watching classroom and cringed really hard from that philosophical shit on 1st ep so dropped, and i was able to finish 2 seasons of oregairu because i tolerate the artstyle and also cuz komachi, though i literally went "jesus christ that is the most painstakingly retarded and roundabout way to solve a simple teenage drama holy fuck" along the way

i read bunny senpai's manga first and got absolutely hooked on cuz ive never seen the kind of MC that is so based, isnt a fucking "ehh nandatte?", doesnt just take punches from girls without fighting back, could trade banters with the heroine

to me this is basically monogatari but switch the oddity shits with pseudoscience shits

i guess lots of people including me sometimes get jumbled up between self-inserts, literally me, gary stu, power fantasy, escapism, and the likes

>cringed
>cuz
>based
The target audience of this show

And by trade banter you mean one sidedly control the conversation with every character because he's super charming and witty with a wicked sense of humor just like you

Maybe?

Attached: 1489976550669.png (909x865, 619K)

His deadpan wit

I just like the no bullshit approach to a harem. I've only seen the anime so I don't know i it changes but I can appreciate a not dense as fuck MC. He stuck to his guns and ends up with the girl he said he would

I totally see the me irl argument though. And I'll admit to it somewhat working on me despite realizing it. This is how all superiority complex ridden men see themselves. That's why it works

but i fully realize im not like that (i mean who would unironically be proud being a loner anyway, except some entry-level weebs i guess) and i just enjoy seeing a character that isnt retarded for once

You are talking to people think Shield Hero isn't a power fantasy.

dont blame me, blame all those romance and harem MC for being oblivious dense cunts that even though surrounded by cute girls that literally open their legs for him still acts like some kind of a saint with zero lust

He doesn't know.

Attached: 1529085053369.jpg (988x712, 167K)

>no flaws
but mai is a flawed individual

why is he so pathetic

>this is the dumbest meme since "literally me" is purely subjective so the characters that could count as one is literally endless
Do you really need the joke explained?

>coherent characters are a tool for self-insertion
Imagine being this braindead.

tanaka kun

Hachiman is a great character but he is way too inconsistent.

>Only intelligent person in a sea of immaturity and everyone else either wants your cock or is a blithering idiot
>Not self insertion

>intelligent person
But he's an awful student, with terrible grades for most of the time. He's just a very straightforward guy who acts accordingly to the situation he's in.
>muh immaturity
Already proved you wrong on that, not gonna repeat myself.
>everyone else either wants your cock
Only Mai and Tomoe wanted his cock at some point. Mai got it, that's it.
>or is a blithering idiot
Mai is a nationwide recognized model/girlfriend since she was 6, one of the best students in her class. Futaba has the best grades in her class and helps her parents with their family business while they're abroad. Nodoka also one of the best students from her school, has a promising future with her idol group. Shoko is easily the most intelligent person of the series, she literally knows everything. Yeah, they're all idiots for sure.

>Only Mai and Tomoe wanted his cock
And Shoko.

Not that user but I don't think he meant intelligence as in academical achievements, you know.

dead imouto is dead

She doesn't.
What else could it be then?

>She doesn't.
She does. She's even married to him in some other timeline/simulation whatever.

Ah these those non degenerates who parade around in bunny outfits

>What else could it be then?
The inability to resolve your issues. You have a bunch bitches who are unable to deal with personal problems. They might be book smart and whatnot, but they're not mature enough to resolve their shit. Then you have the self-insert who somehow knows exactly what to do or say to help the bitches. It's a standard format. It panders to the audience by having the self-insert have the ability to help everyone.

Where did the literally me meme come from. If there is any anime character that's meant for Yea Forums to self insert into it would be someone like Daru

But it was to fulfill one of her dreams, that's not lust.

It's lust enough.

That was just an experiment, it doesn't count.

But in the end, they were the ones who resolved their own internal conflicts. Tomoe, Futaba and Nodoka dealt with their personal issues after all. The only one who couldn't do anything about her problem and needed Sakuta to take action to go back to normal was Mai.

Mai!

A best

Attached: 1541020266262.jpg (1920x1080, 490K)