Omg I can't enjoy OPM S2 because the animation is only 7.5/10 instead of 10/10

Omg I can't enjoy OPM S2 because the animation is only 7.5/10 instead of 10/10

Attached: 8D99E480-007E-462A-B216-6FC1EC3BA84C.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4cT_INPIT1w?t=188
i.4cdn.org/a/1556043682300.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Omg I can't enjoy Berserk because the animation isn't as detailed as the Manga!

Attached: 35532563_2272542742763600_7721049299131301888_n.jpg (410x410, 82K)

>literally a powerpoint slideshow
>animation is 7.5/10

Attached: 1523474258501.jpg (1278x956, 532K)

> animation 7.5
Lol, more like 2.5 (assuming there’s any animation in the first place)

>7.5/10

Attached: WIMdkyn.png (847x744, 180K)

If that was the case, people would be content. People are angry because they weren’t expecting a still frame fest with ugly photoshop filters.

It's like you newfags don't even know how the source material looks

Attached: Crabrante_webcomic.png (229x334, 77K)

>7.5/10
top fucking lel

Attached: 325412153.jpg (551x600, 107K)

Both of those ratings are very generous

>complaining about sakuga

Attached: 15547539567.gif (266x207, 260K)

>7.5/10
If only it was. It's literally nothing.

OPM is the greatest anime of all time

>assuming there’s any animation in the first place
i can say that about any modern anime

>People are angry because they weren’t expecting a still frame fest with ugly photoshop filters.
>they weren’t expecting a still frame fest
that's strange

Attached: 15084471485360.webm (640x361, 567K)

I mean, those fights are like ~2 frames on repeat.

>7.5

Attached: 116.png (537x585, 141K)

>JC Staff
>animation
Bunch of stills you meant.

The voice actors are fucking great though.

Whenever some this not animated, its animation quality is 0. And whenever OPM S2 is animated, it's crap.

>can't enjoy it if it doesn't look pretty
Figures. Maybe it's because it's shallow garbage.

and now in english please

you guys saying OPM has many still frame, while most SoL which you guys praise to all hell is also filled with many still frame.
the hypocrisy is staggering

Attached: 334119.jpg (225x350, 38K)

another markov chain lol

What?

Are you a robot trying to communicate with humans?

>people can't simply have a conversation while standing still
Durrrrr OPMfags everyone.

Anyone else watch it just because they like the humor? I loved the OVAs too just because they were funny.

7.5's gets degrees.

I changed my mind mid-sentence and forgot to rewrite the whole thing. A static image is not animation, so if we were to grade it for how well it's animated, it would get a 0 out of 10. OPM S2 is mostly static images, and whenever there is animation it's really crappy.

>OPM S2 is mostly static images
you really need to watch both seasons side by side
if anything, S2 has more animation

>watching OPM anime for the animation
absolute brainlet
>watching OPM anime for the gags
brainlet
>reading Murata OPM manga for gags and beautifully drawn fight action scenes
deformed retard
>reading ONE webcomic for the deep metaphorical debate on heroism/vigilantism/villainy and gags shitting on how battle shounens are trash.
Truly WOKE.

OPM anime and it's fanbase is an ironic joke. It's become the shitty battle shounen shit ONE had originally written OPM to shit on. Yet the fanbase is too retarded that they are eating up shit that was shitted on to them in sheer disdain.

Attached: opm one punch man ok og.jpg (192x192, 29K)

I didn't say anything about S1, I said that S2 is bad. For all you know I could think that S1 is bad too, though I don't because it has better directing and the animated bits are obviously superior to S2's.

opm is a battle shonen.

>Brainlet anime opm is a battle shonen
ftfy

OPM webcomic is a comedic satire that shits on battle shounen tropes

It's not.

Yes it is, i know ONE, he is my uncle, he said it is.

I would say opm is mob but less serious.

Taking the bait.
The old anime is kinda good, new anime is complete dogshit and a fucking insult to everyone who knows Berserk.

Can we all stop acting like season 2 isn't shit just so we can shitpost?
Even if i grant you that the animation is a 7.5, the directing is a 3 and the sound directing is a fucking 1
Both of these things are more important than animation because if the show is directed like dog dicks you cant tell what going on whens it is actually moving (which is hardly ever is)
And if it also sound like horse cock then why even watch the fucking anime?
The webcomics paneling is literary god tier, having some of the best pages in manga history and the redrew is being made by one of the best mangaka out there
The only thing the anime can hope to bring to the table is god tier animation (something you admit isn't happening), good action directing and good sound design.
And it fails on all of these levels

If you want a good anime writen by ONE, either watch season 1 or mob psycho
and if you want to see what happens in one punch man, fucking read it faggot

Attached: zhang.webm (764x540, 2.73M)

Berserk 1997 was the definition of powerpoint animation

>the directing is a 3 and the sound directing is a fucking 1
This. And it's the most inexcusable issue since the panels in the manga spell things out so clearly. I don't know what this director is doing but he's lessening character introductions, he's lessening jokes, and he's misinterpreting very straightforward moments.

Attached: 1555450843088.png (466x352, 101K)

>plays sad music during Sonic's "death" to set up a joke
>change the punchline where Genos says Sonic is finally dead and replace it with a question.

>muh source material
Even that's better than whatever shit was produced

>7.5
Nigga, Murata along with his editors could create better anime than JC staff's 'animators' or rather, their power point team.

Attached: 466.gif (400x287, 1.82M)

I can’t enjoy because mob psycho 100/10 aired last season

XD

3.25/10 actually

Genos is the one that is hit the most with this director's lack of sense of comedic timing.
He would be ruined as a character if anyone took this anime seriously and didn't have the source material as a base.

>Says OPM is only popular because the animation was amazing
>New season
>Animation is shit
>No one gives a fuck anymore
Feels good to be right

You want to look cultured sooooo bad.

You got a point, but I still enjoyed the first two episodes. Source content that stronk.

you guys would like S2 if they kept the original OP.
Fact.

I like the new OP song but the visual is atrocious.

JC hate meme aside, I'm just sick of the joke and that is why I won't be watching S2. It doesn't help that normalfags take this franchise too seriously when it's meant to be a parody.
They didn't ruin OPM for me, but they certainly didn't help.

I'm enjoying s2 and there's nothing Yea Forums can do about it

Attached: 1555947991830.jpg (1050x1245, 287K)

I've also heard people say that this season overall is just a lot more boring story wise than season 1

the direction is a bigger problem than the animation to be honest.

S2 copers are hilarious

Attached: Genos_vs_Mos.webm (640x320, 2.63M)

i'd take powerpoint animation over 1980's red and blue 3D CGI

Those people are wrong, but it's a shame that ONE's improved writing is lost in the poor presentation.

>1 minute of decent animation in two episodes
>7.5
I'll just assume you can't into maths.

Nah, I've grown tired of the OP

>this manga will never be back

while i love the seed hes hitting right now, OPM deserved much better

Shut up, slut. The animation sucks and you know it.

>muh speedlines, blurring, and shaky cam

The worst part isn't even the animation. It's the directing.

The directing is fine though. Garou's scene was amazing. Fubuki's scene was nice. King and Saitama's scene was Kino.

Attached: frame by frame.jpg (832x4210, 541K)

Yet it still works better than J.C. Staff's failed abortion of an adaptation.

Pretty much. The directing and storyboard are terrible. Done well they can make up for the lack of animation.

Then it goes to show then that animation is Relied on way too much nowadays then.

>tfw enjoying S2 and you can't stop me
I'm happy and you're not. Therefor I win.

Attached: im laughing at you.jpg (236x260, 17K)

I can't enjoy this series since Murata became a faggot who censors his own art.

Attached: 1527786559927.jpg (1556x964, 454K)

It is a shame. The hype season 2 generated was insane. The shitty trailers got millions of views in a matter of days beating out both AoT and MHA. I don't think OPM is going to suffer too much because of this season, but if it was able to deliver on the hype and produce the same quality from season 1 or better, I think it would've been propelled into a legendary status. Especially if this season has superior writing.
Now most of the conversation surrounding it is plagued with talk about animation and how inferior it is to season 1. And it's going to look even worse next to AoT when it starts to air in a few days. It really is such a waste of potential.

>7.5/10 animation

Attached: rotate tool.webm (960x540, 389K)

left>right

Would help your complaint if that wasn't only 1 second long.

Ebin dude! Le animation is le bad :DDD

>Omg
Fuck off.

If you are gay like most shonefags.

Action scenes with hardly any action on screen are hardly action scenes.

it's not shonen if the girl take the spotlight desu

it's not shonen if the girls are naked instead of the men,

Did they not show this frame properly just because it was too hard to animate? It was the best part of the fight and they didn't even show it, they had like two frames of a blur then sonic went flying

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-22 142713.jpg (557x788, 190K)

absolute state of brainlets

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One Punch Man S2 - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.28_[2019.04.22_17.31.50].jpg (896x3022, 471K)

How does that shadow ONLY on her breasts even work?

>poor animation is acceptable in animated forms of media

Is this good or bad?

Meanwhile Mob S2 had great animation, so that's all that matters.

First one is bad because le JC staff, second one is good because not le JC staff

>7.5/10
nigga it's a fucking slideshow with fades between each slide.

>10101
>t. bot

lol i cant even tell whats going on here

It's whatever you want it to be. All depends on whether you feel like being a hypocrite, nitpicking, or parroting some pretentious autist to fit in.

Attached: 1554989341493.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

ebin!

It went from like 9/10 to 6/10

kys

>smug genos
One of my favorite panels in the manga, completely looked over the adaption.

Sorry, it was 6 frames of a blur

It's longer than 6 frames, I was just showing user it was in there

>No one gives a fuck anymore
That isn't true in the slightest. There is a lot of negative reception involving the animation but a lot of normies who waited until Season 2 to continue with the story still find themselves enjoying it. It also helps discussion that the manga is progressing further into the Monster Association arc and 2 webcomic chapters were released recently.

Animation is kind of just unremarkable. I think the episodes just kind of flow weird. Like, episode 1 had this whole arc contained in it, and then everything felt like it resolved...but it kept going and now we're in the Hero Association HQ. So, it doesn't have the same charm to it and it's not as enjoyable.

Serious Saitama copypasted all over the screen with a blurry Sonic erupting into a splash in the background.

Learn basic English for the next attempt

While that was far from great it was nowhere near as bad as S2 so far. S1 has a lot of great animation that overshadows the mediocre parts, S2 is just garbage with no redeeming qualities so far. Also there were literally no still frames in what you posted.

But OPM is very action heavy, so proper motion/animation is expected.

Was the animation for S2 this bad in the manga?

>7.5/10
You're quite generous.

This

>S2 has more animation

Are you drunk?

This.

> nothing Yea Forums can do about it

Other than view you as a mentally challenged nobody with no say in the matter. Which you are.

I know, right? It's like I've realized that without the flashy animation to distract me, now I had to pay attention to the plot and characters, and I've realized they're both shit.

>t. mentally challenged nobody with no say in the matter

Nothing you can do about it.

Attached: 74330566_p0.png (849x1200, 1.29M)

The animation isn't what's ruining it. It's lazy and uninspired, but not to a degree that it alone would make the anime unenjoyable. What's really atrocious are the directing and sound design. The former has been talked about enough, as for sound design, what happens on screen doesn't match up with what you hear especially during battle scenes. Some of the effects are so badly done that it wouldn't be far fetched to assume that they let an inexperienced intern handle it.

Yes, but it was perfect for capturing the pictoresque essence of manga.

Like, more frames each second? Or do you mean the episodes are longer? How do you quantify 'more animation'?

>serious face instead of his usual bored look
Who even tolerates this shitshow to the point of depression besides spics with low IQ? Just give us CG centipede so they can kill themselves already.

>Low fidelity artwork that has excellent pacing and structure.
>Worse than higher quality artwork that isn't even animated with fucking terrible pacing.
Nah.

If Season 2 was just this all the time I would accept it.

No and the sound is better in the manga too

>flash lights
>10/10
Only the Genos fight was good

Yes, however, the direction was adequate; most of the stills were sufficiently detailed, with small camera pans used to add a sense of dynamism.

>7.5
out of 100 maybe, shits awful

It looks good in motion. Kys shill.

>It's good because normies like it.
THIS is the state of OPMfags.

You're incredibly retarded if that's what you got from my comment.

What does Saitama think of Mumen Rider?

Based + redpilled.

>7,5/10
try 4/10
Also fuck me, i can get over bad animation any day, what i cant get over is bag keyframes, bad editing, bad sound mixing, bad pacing and bad framing.
What S1 dud well is that it knew when to the manga as a direct storyboard and when to mix things up a bit, also the pacing of the fight and musix mixing was flawless.

S2 feels way too amateurish, like a poor copy.

He doesn't think anything of him.

Whats up with the wooden voice acting this season?
Saitama talk with Fubuki in front of her apparent was just fucking awful, he flet like reading a script enthusiastically..

Fucking do another take if the VA fell asleep mid way or what the fuck happened there, just fucking record it again.

2/10 its bad... really bad sorry to tell you.

>moving the goalpost

Obvious bait but I think Bones capture at least aesthetically what the author goes for both in OnePunchMan and Mob Psycho 100. They're pretty diverse like that.

Whilst I can tolerate their failings it could and should have been better. I've seen early dev footage of the Kushan invasion of Wyndham and I'm honestly not impressed.

If you want to emulate an artists style the first thing to get down is the shading. There were hints of it in the series but the models and shitty motion tweens with their cell shading but comparatively to the manga: it's in a different league.

As long as some has the patience and respect for the craft you could get it, but even I'd admit that it's an ambitious task for any studio. Great expectations are a standard.

Attached: 1513433841494.jpg (400x475, 160K)

It was closer to the webcomic.

Attached: 0049-014.jpg (600x849, 95K)

Sound director likes to spam the hell out a certain soundtrack he likes, he did in Berserk with Hai Yo, in JoJo the MC OST everytime he is about to troll the opponent.

You have most guys here thinking DBS ToP is a masterpiece because MUH TAKAHASHI, MUH SHIDA.

why the long head

Attached: D4z0IL1X4AAjhaA.png (600x811, 216K)

>tfw season 3 will be animated entirely in ONE's original webcomic style just to piss off the babbies

Tippity toppity kek

I would unironically love it. The MP100 ova by him was 10/10

Fuck off normalfag

He handled all the King moments pretty well so its not as bad as you think.

Seriously, how do you fuck this up? You could redraw his head if you wanted to, but they chose to keep this drawing, especially for the cover. Were they like "yeah this is good enough, who cares if it's bad," or "this looks great!"? Either one, they should be fired for incompetency.

This was drawn by Chikashi Kubota. It's a slightly exaggerated perspective on Saitama's pose and you're a fucking sperg.

yeah no, the perspective and stylization doesn't justify this at all

Attached: Illustration2.png (599x810, 512K)

So you think that head shape is acceptable? Also what is exaggerated in this pose? His arm? I don't see anything else exaggerated other than that, besides his megamind skull

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Yeah, it have that and like 10 other things, that's good animation.

>EL HERMANO DE UN PUNETAZOU

>so JC Staff, why OPM S2 sucks so much
>we were using the source material of master ONE, duh
>oh now it makes sense

The first season was a 7. Looked pretty but nothing else was impressive.

I just watched 2 episodes and thought it was great, I don't know why do you guys hate it so much.

500iq

They're literally autistic, and the ESL ones manage to be twice as bad. So since they convinced themselves to hate it before they aired they can't change their mind and try their best to complain about everything. They even jumped to claiming it's badly directed when King's and Garou's scenes were all nicely directed. Fubuki was nice too

>too lazy to even animate lips flapping
>avoid animation like the plague
>when they animate it's mostly layering frames on top of each other so several scenes overlap and give you eye cancer
Pic related, it's every fight scene. Fuck you

Attached: 1455165398409.png (520x347, 192K)

I think it's fine
People here don't understand that OPM S1 was an actual miracle and take it for granted..
Besides I'm mostly a manga reader so my love for the series resides in that side. OPM S1 was an awesome gift, but not my main dish.

>every
>literally 1 fight. Between two characters moving at the speed of sound.
As I said, autism.

because they were saying it’s gonna be an absolute garbage since they’ve heard about the studio change and now they don’t wanna admit they were wrong

Don't call yourself autist, retard

There have been two fights. Both fights had this fuck you. Saitama doesn't count but if you count his "fight" with Fubuki it was more slideshow time then fighting

Fuck off sakuga niggerfaggot,you don't belong here,go back to R3ddit.

>There have been two fights. Both fights had this fuck you
Post it then because I checked the first episode. I like seeing retards complain about a single inbetween frame, assuming you can find it any time this hour.

INB4 you post a light/explosion/shockwave effect

Attached: this triggers the autist.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

>So you think that head shape is acceptable?
When looking at Saitama from above? Yes it is. His fist is also slightly exaggerated.

I heard new episodes came out, where do you people watch it and when does it come out?

>that image
Yeah see how that image didn't take up the entire screen? it wasn't annoying and watching that in motion was cool. but see this shit I'm posting?

Attached: season 2.png (2560x1440, 2.74M)

I watch it on my computer

Fuck off niggerfaggot back to R3ddit,Yea Forums is normalfaggot central.

youtu.be/4cT_INPIT1w?t=188
The video timestamped where the jc cocksucker tried to use as proof that season 1 had it too. I'm too lazy for a webm and nobody webm'd this random fodder fight ever so enjoy

>screencapping his stream shit.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One-Punch Man - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.34_[2019.04.22_16.17.42].jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Ok so you're just shitposting, glad we cleared that up.

I don't know if it's the direction or animation to blame or whatever, but everything's just a bit hard to follow. In fights especially, but generally everywhere things transition in such a confusing way. I've read and enjoyed the manga of course, so I can recognize the scenes and appreciate them due to liking the source material, but I really can't imagine feeling the same if I saw it animeonly. I can get by with the animation quality of this season, my only complaint is just the choppiness of it all that doesn't exactly get me in sucked into the moment as it should.

More like 5/10 animation with horrible sound and visual direction.

>expecting people to quietly enjoy eating dog food after prime steak
FOOD ANALOGIES

I want to impregnate Fubuki desu

>he did in Berserk with Hai Yo

Based

Animation... and looking overly flashy... with lots of unnecessary detail... is the only way a series can be good... deal with it...
t. normie

if it doesn't have a million frames per second... with tons of zoom zoom for my zoomer brain... it is dog food...

>thinking that the first two episodes are going to have decent animation

They're saving the budget for the Garou fight.

Attached: 1488597433298.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

>posting fucking still images as proof of "bad animation"
I fucking hate this board so much.

When does the new episode come out

the mere fact you think S2 is a 7.5 shows how wasted season 1 was on you, and how they could have made it much worse and you would have still considered it a 10, because you have shit taste and dont know what good animation is
supreme kek

Goes to show you're a fucking moron

They just recreated the manga panels without drawing in the inbetween frames so it looks retarded in motion.

This. If these morons actually cared about anything other than fight scenes 90% of season 1 are stills and panning shots. They go all in on a single scene per episode but that's it. Meanwhile season 2 has a lot of fights per episode and more animations.

Am I the only one that really likes Season 2? Yea, the animation isn't the same as the first season, but by no means is it bad. It's still in the top 10% of all anime in terms of quality in my opinion, and outside of this board I've heard nothing but praise for it.

I rewatched s1 this week and Madhouse really screwed with King and Darkshine. King looks twice as big as DS and even Tank Top looks more buff than DS.

Are you retarded? They were rushed, with no comedic time whatsoever.

Usually the first episodes are the best because they produced them before airing. The fact that this episodes were so restricted it’s a very bad sign. Also nice job mentioning budget as the braindead retard you are

It's the same people who made the one piece anime what did you expect

Wait toei animated this

I thought they were funny

Funny thing is Toei would have probably done a better job considering this is a 12 episodes serie, they have better directors and storyboarders. Also their new filter is nice

Luffy vs Katakuri is the greatest fight of all time. It;s even better than saitama vs boros

Only by comparing the last episode of the fight

Unless you've heard of Mob Psycho 100

Extremely overrated

At least its second season isn't a slideshow

trash psycho's shitty explosion can't save its boring story. Meanwhile OPM is the GOAT.

Damn when does that scene happen?

The problem is that it was pretending to be a satire of battle shonen.
It was pretending to make fun of all the garbage tropes.
I thought I was getting Tentai Senshi Sunred but with a budget.
But that was just a bait and switch. It has entirely dropped the pretense of being a satire. Now it is just another battle shonen. It's not funny any more at all. All the shit tropes it used to lampoon, now are totally central to the show.

And what do you do when you drop the satire and clever writing and semi original premise which made your show good? When you turn it into a generic battle shonen? Slash the production budget so that doesn't work at all either.

What the fuck were they thinking, honestly?

Attached: banzai.jpg (3648x2736, 3.18M)

based retard

Rotating was fine in the cel era and is also fine today you turbofaggot. It's that smooth scaling bullshit that should be looked down upon.

i.4cdn.org/a/1556043682300.webm

That or people are just so thirsty for battle shonen right now especially considering Yea Forums thinks all the current series are bad for arbitrary reasons unrelated to being battle shounen, that they'll take a well drawn, well written expanded story, titty filled adaptation as something that it isn't when Murata provides it.

I mean in fairness what the fuck else was the Serious Side Steps supposed to be besides copy pasted Saitama with some blur around him? That's the entire fucking joke. Of all the parts about the animation to shit on that I can kinda agree with, this one I just don't get.

Haters BTFO by the new episode

Attached: 1556043785669.webm (852x480, 2.73M)

Disgusting ghosting.

Animation is the only thing it had going.
I can stomach boring plot and shit chars for a pretty eye candy, but not for average animation.

>watching comedy for animation
*tips fedora*

It's a boring 'comedy'. Animation was nice in first season.

Then why would you watch it? Only a monkey watches something for animation only

It looked nice so I watched it. Sorry if that offends you.

Not really. I bet you watch retarded Hollywood movies like a drooling retard too because they look shiny

Nah CGI doesn't look as nice as animu.

>ITT: reddit calling the animation shit thinking it's a cool thing to do
never change Yea Forums

Attached: 1426448344653.jpg (948x888, 90K)

>waah, don't criticize, only say good things.

This. OPM was just an anime tech-demo reminding us how good trad-animation can be.

How come I enjoy ONE's manga then? OPMs writing isn't nearly as dumb as you make it out to be, far from it.

Attached: 4613279084.png (500x450, 169K)

No but you definitely are. His faces and voice acting were pretty damn good for all his scenes.