Why are they so fun to ship?

Why are they so fun to ship?

Attached: 1555107849696.jpg (1440x1080, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YyhhRjhIKDE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Vn2remJ_M
manganelo.com/chapter/neon_genesis_evangelion_koutetsu_no_girlfriend_2nd/chapter_16
youtube.com/watch?v=WB9SL-mZtVY
exhentai.org/g/607722/30befe59fb/
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mcdh2Vf2Xk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sexual tension x denial is always fun

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YyhhRjhIKDE

maybe the denial of even liking each other. also asuka wears the pants. among other reasons the ship is fun.

Asuka is best girl

Attached: serveimage(2).gif (240x164, 362K)

>ship
Because it will never happen.
Asuka doesn't like shinji. She just wants to feed her ego.

liberal sexual tension + a cargo ship worth of emotional baggage

What is fun?

They are, but not with each other.

Attached: 1457893292640.jpg (561x378, 62K)

if you like angsty ships its fun

FTFY

Attached: 20140824002546914.gif (600x360, 1.91M)

Something that Rei can't experience

Attached: 1547585095028.gif (360x263, 623K)

which Rei?

basado

Because you can't see past your genitals and probably self-insert. Asuka would have had much better interactions with Toji. They would be closer to the classic tsundere couples that bantz a lot. Shinji generally doesn't have the will to do that shit with Asuka and it likely influenced shitloads of wimp x tsunbitch couples in anime. He would be better with Hikari. But that's if you care about functional relationships, which isn't Eva.

Attached: 1474570463700.webm (640x480, 1.87M)

Because their relationship is so unironically toxic in the traditional non-tumblr sense, that it's fun to see the wreck that will occur.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Vn2remJ_M

Teh Rei

Based

>it likely influenced shitloads of wimp x tsunbitch couples in anime

My God, he's right. How many shitty tsundere romcoms has the world had to endure?

Attached: 1376336890779.png (500x624, 312K)

Silky low long twintails are the best.

Here is an interesting analysis I came up with a few years ago.

Unit-00 is orange, which is the contrasting colour of blue. The reason it was orange was to reflect Rei's initial instability. After Unit-00 is refit, it is given a blue paint job to reflect Rei's coolness/coldness and control. Unit-02 was red, to reflect Asuka's hotheadedness and aggression. These two juxtapositions also reflected both characters relationships with Shinji, a cold standoffish relationship with Rei and a competitive passionate relationship with Asuka.

Interestingly, Shinji's Unit-01 is purple, which is a mix between blue and red. Shinji's personality sways between cold, emotionless, empty; and aggressive, angry, emotional. This contrast is most noticeable in scenes where he gets angry in battle or when 02 goes berserk.

I believe the whole Rei, Shinji, Asuka dynamic was a representation of the relationship between a boy, his mother and his girlfriend/love interest. It's an established scientific fact that men go after girls that are similar to their mother if they had a good relationship, and girls that are different from their mother if they had a bad relationship. This psychology is made more interesting by the fact that Shinji had a limited relationship with his mother, so constantly sways between the literal clone of his mother and a girl who is the furthest physically and mentally from what he remembers his mother to be.

We will never know whether or not all this was intentional by the producers and director, but I read an article recently saying that most of the symbolism and deep meanings in NGE were just accidental by a production team messing around and trying to insert the coolest shit they could think of. Could also all be a profound freudian slip.

Attached: NGEcolourMagic.jpg (650x650, 103K)

it's also worth noting that in addition to the non-familial sexualized and provocative girl being associated with red and the familial motherly and accepting girl being associated with blue, misato who straddles the line and embodies both aspects to varying degrees is purple. given how much of the series circles around shinji's relationships with the three women in his life and the aspects of relationships with women and people in general they embody and symbolize i hardly think it's just a pattern stumbled on

based

she is the best eva girl after all, and has shown she would make the best mother.

That is very interesting. I completely forgot about Misato. She does indeed have the purple hair and is like a proxy mother to Shinji.

I agree with you about these patterns just being an accidental thing, it feels far too engineered to be anything but intentional.

>shipping
you have to be over 18 to post here

Attached: 1550866711147.png (800x640, 275K)

Youre a masochist.

You need to take pride in your self and not indulge in self deprecating actions like shipping asuka and Shinji.
you don't understand evangelion and people make fun of you because it was 2deep4u so you should try and actually understand it instead of trying to shift the shame,
You don't understand evangelion so you ship asuka and Shinji because you're an idiot and you want to make other people respond to you and tell you that you are an idiot because you're a masochist.

You are pathetic and that's what you want to hear because you actually are pathetic.

Take some some pride in your self and learn why Rei is best girl and she is best girl of all time for a fucking reason

Attached: f3342895024.jpg (717x570, 279K)

Attached: f3342809272.jpg (400x550, 57K)

Shinji is the original incel
Asuka hates him
Rei only cares for Gendo's dick
Misato thinks he's way too young for her
Ritsuko is for Gendo's duck only
Maya is a lesbian
Girls from his school think he's a dork
Shinji had zero opportunities to get a girlfriend and that is the reason he tried to settle down for a gay dude that is Kaworu just like incels settle down for traps and trannies

Attached: 1555793511036.png (451x619, 428K)

Were you even a fucking 14 year old boy?

This was before sex ed in schools, but I hit puberty at 12 and only learned about masturbation at 13. At 14, I was barely able to express my feelings to girls and hold hands. Only at 16 was kissing even a consideration.

I know everybody develops at different rates and it is highly dependent on culture, but in Japan 14 year old's aren't getting into relationships.

Because they both act differently with each other compared to everyone else. Asuka literally has to remind herself not to reveal too much info when she's normally automatically defensive as hell, and Asuka is just about the only person Shinji is assertive with because he realises quite quickly that she isn't some superior, unreachable person, nor his elder, and so he has no issue clashing with her since she goads him so much.
They also exemplify the show's main theme of human communication (primarily, though not exclusively, failed communication) better than any other two characters except maybe Shinji and Gendo.

Middle schoolers aren't but once they enter high school Japanese start slutting around and fucking like rabbits.

Statistics disagree with you.

Over 50% of Japanese over the age of 30 are virgins.

>source trust me bro

Because its cute, and you just want the two to be happy in some way after all the shit and pain they've been through.

Attached: 14982412682.jpg (888x1200, 870K)

Based and color pilled

This

Who would every be interested in shipping characters from the dullest franchise in anime history? Seriously each episode following the boy bitch Shinji and his pals from Tokyo-3 as they fight assorted geometric shapes has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the colorful imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of biomecha, all to make science fiction unmagical, to make mecha seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Anno vetoed the idea of having any likeable characters directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his books. The Neon Genesis Evangelion series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-mecha series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the movie was good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the director wrote instead that the character "wouldn't get in the 'robot'."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Anno's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Neon Genesis Evangelion by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching NGE at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch shows made for little girls." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Neon Genesis Evangelion" you are, in fact, trained to watch moeblob waifu faggotry.

Attached: The-Rake-Sir-Patrick-Stewart-Issue-50-3-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 113K)

Daring synthesis

Attached: LoveHina02.jpg (800x534, 184K)

Post more cute

Attached: 1736352.jpg (480x751, 65K)

Two broken individuals coming together and finding happiness and healing. Whats not to like?

Attached: fanfiction.png (800x800, 80K)

Asuka and Shinji fucking like dogs in heat

Attached: dogs in heat.png (220x316, 94K)

Asuka and Kaworu fucking like dogs in heat

Attached: Miesugijanai_0042.jpg (650x173, 59K)

disgusting

Get that fag shit out of here.

>Hetero sex
>Fag
??

Because they have the exact same face, just different eye colours and hair.

Fag shit bitch. I dare you to reply again you fucker. I"ll fuck you til you love me faggot.

Decent.
Bad.

nagatoro still isn't finished yet

Attached: 1505836288840.jpg (480x439, 25K)

>dumb frogposter can't enjoy the greatest love story ever told
More news at 11

>dude you don't get it the little girl is bullying him but he tolerates it because he's a pedophile!

Attached: 1546358072826.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

>dude you don't get it I'm pretending to be retarded and then I get (you)s

Eww

"This is my girlfriend Asuka"

Attached: 563.jpg (500x500, 183K)

I don't like this ship because I don't hate Shinji and I want him to be happy. Why do you want that kid to suffer more than he already has?

why Kaworu/Asuka shippers even exist

Attached: 1549819860801.jpg (245x249, 23K)

>Why do you want that kid to suffer more than he already has?
Because he is a little bitch that won’t get into the fucking robot.

what the FUCK is this

People with bad taste will always exist.

Pretty sure people just do it ironically.

Because these two getting together means their is hope for them.

Based Shinji has the highest kill count of all the pilots. He got in the robot more than anyone else.

Attached: 673d1f37a6bde2cf6cca56507f799236aa01cc025f4d9be4aff127ebe0da5250.png (1024x768, 242K)

Hope for a miserable co-existence that ends in divorce one of them committing suicide, sure. Also,
>their

I want to make Asuka into a teen mom.

Attached: 486e.png (300x500, 182K)

Kek you made me lose my sides

What can I do to attract a real life Asuka?

> that it's fun to see the wreck that will occur.
AKA teen pregnancy that they will blame the other on.

Tsunderes do not exist in real life.

I'm sure you can find plenty of prostitutes that have the same personality.

She pegs him

God I wish that was me.

meh... crack pairings like Kaworu x Asuka are way more fun

Attached: 24f.jpg (400x400, 122K)

Like I said, get that fag shit out of here.

Kaworu is unironically a much better match for Asuka than Shinji.
Keep crying.

Attached: 1456795528501.png (699x495, 383K)

I've chalked it up to Kaworu fangirls self inserting through Asuka.

to spite Shinji x Asuka shippers

no.

Wrong, personally i find myself interested in thinking how characters that never met in the series would interact with one another.

Plebian.
Kaworu is only for Shinji.

>fag

Kaworu is much manlier than Shinji though.

Attached: 1437430322005.png (1060x960, 749K)

That's not how you spell "plebeian," pleb.

Attached: 1501275458372.jpg (540x600, 187K)

Not anymore.

Attached: 1437431294110.png (1170x830, 664K)

So in Asuka x Kaworu, who is Shinji getting cucked by more?

Thanks for ruining the thread, self inserting chan.

No one. Asuka isn't Shinji's girl and Kaworu isn't Shinji's guy.
This thread was started by a self-inserter, retard.

who's to say that Shinji and Kaworu wouldn't DP and spit-roast her.

Aw, feeling identified?

What? I'm saying self-insertion can't ruin what was already a self-insertion thread to begin with, captain retardo.

In the same hole?

Others started the shipper faggotry, so i was happy to just follow along. If you cant stand the fact that others might pair your favorite fictitious character with some one else you don't like, then tough shit.

>This thread was started by a self-inserter, retard
At least you didn’t deny it.

Braindead idiots like yourself really can't let go of this show.

kinky.

>Most shinjixAsuka fics have teen pregnancy.
What did they mean by this?

>she don't even deny to be a self inserter loser
Go to fap to your kaworu poster

Then asuka ends up pregnant with twins and all three of them keep having sex anyways. Then rei turns out to be a futa then joins in.

Simple plot to force them together by bad writers, even though Asuka would probably jump to an insta-abortion.

Still better than the Shinji x Rei fics where Gendo has raped Rei.

>even though Asuka would probably jump to an insta-abortion.
Her getting an abortion is way less likely then you think with the mommy issues and stuff like that, hell if anything (girls like her tend to drop out of school do to teen motherhood).

Well if not that, then NERV would make her.
Unless Asuka suddenly has such an interest in an identity of motherhood that she could cast aside her identity as a pilot.

Asuka would most likely be one of those types of parents that spoil her child rotten as she most likely would not want to end up like her mother

I want to have sex with asuka until she gets pregnant with decuplets then have 9 months long vaginal pregnancy sex with her until she goes into labor then have anal sex with her until she gives birth then do it all over again until she runs out of eggs, and all while she is still in Junior High.

just a reminder that Evangelion had gigantic robots before having internet and smartphones

Or therapy apparently.

Because they are the literal series ship

if you apply modern therapy into Evangelion, Shiji should be a pre-op trans and Asuka a feminist dyke

One is Megumi Ogata
The other is Yuko Miyamura

Asuka is anything but feminist, her whole thing with Kaji is wanting a big strong man

I prefer to ship him with Rei.

>Ikari Shinji
>TOTAL ASS

FTFY

Rei is unshippable.

Shinji can be cool when he wants to be.

Attached: C126.jpg (1894x1024, 477K)

Because you’re a self-inserting faggot

Because it is an eternal source of butthurt for Reifags all around the globe.

There are a few but not many, also they're pretty much exclusively female. The one guy on Yea Forums who keeps spamming these pictures is definitely a butthurt Reifag though rather than someone who's serious about it.

a certain big explosion may have changed the progression of technology

>not shipping Rei with Rei

Attached: tumblr_mz645rqWWD1t1p6rgo1_1280.png (935x661, 631K)

And Sega Saturn is the most modern console in 2015
Second Impact and the subsequent wars changed the technological focus of humanity

>not shipping Rei x Rei x Rei
fix'd.

Could possibly go on if more Reis were let out of the Reiquarium, which is implied in Rebuild over the timeskip.

Because he's literally just kid Kaji

That's Shinji though

>Wrong, personally i find myself interested in thinking how characters that never met in the series would interact with one another.

Most based way of thinking there is, ignore these pathetic NPCs that eat whatever is served to them.

Kaji is smooth, smug and mysterious, that's no Shinji, that's literally Kaworu.

Shinji is nothing like Kaji.

That's Kaji's character for extracting information by seducing women. Remember when he tries it on Maya and she goes away and he reverts to his true beta behavior by sorting out the cans in the bin?
The real Kaji is homely and nurturing, almost feminine (in contrast to Misato for example). He is a lot like Shinji

The only thing Kaji and Kaworu have in common is casual disregard for their own lives.

Attached: 1168948.jpg (555x741, 253K)

Kaworu may be mysterious, but he's not smooth and is barely smug when compared to Kaji.

Unfair. Kaji had will to live, he was trying to ingratiate himself to Gendo and get protection from Seele when he freed Fuyutsuki, he was motivated into danger because a really suspicious organization had totally absorbed the life of someone he cared about. Kaworu misrepresented the whole situation to make his death happen.

Attached: 1549167971079.jpg (3491x4000, 2.74M)

Attached: shinji crossdress 2.jpg (569x800, 67K)

If Asuka found out that Shinji was raped, I mean like REALLY raped. Like put in the hospital for injuries by his rapist kind of rape. Would she drop the bitchitude and be nice to him?

Nice trips, but why are you fishing for feedback for your fanfic?

Attached: 1534866832087.jpg (600x600, 101K)

I haven't written fanfics in years.

She wouldn't know how, concern is humiliating and she gets angry at vulnerability. She might steal Misato's gun.

Attached: 1535030333714.jpg (575x470, 31K)

Could Nerve cover up one of their pilots murdering someone?

They were able to presumably cover up the deaths of all moms in Shinji's classroom of Eva candidates.
Also cover up the nature of Rei's existence.

So yeah.

You mean in their sovereign city run by an AI that monitors all communications and with their secret police? Asuka would even get away with it as long as she could still synch, Shinji committed treason and they just put him in a detention cell for a bit.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if Asuka would feel guilty. Or spin it to make Shinji see her as his savior.

>can the organisation covering up the real events behind the literal fucking apocalypse cover a murder committed by one of its members
hmmmm, good question

Well the 2nd impact was easy. Only people there were people ALLOWED to be there. Plus it was in the middle of the artic, so who else would be around?

yeah but there was at the very least a fuckton of people who were remotely involved in this still roaming around, from ex janitors working on the very premises of the project ot family members and other remotely connected people, a fuckton of documents that needed to be erased, basically a ton of ways for a determined investigator to connect a few dots and start asking embarassing questions

both.

Oh the ego trip would be insane. Asuka might try to solve all her problems with a gun. Especially the Rei problem

>Asuka shoots Rei and claims victory
>A new Rei clone shows up the next day at school like nothing happen
>Asuka wonders if she went crazy and just imagined killing Rei, so she kills her again
>rinse and repeat

She can't be guilty, she didn't do anything wrong. They yelled at her for a good-natured joke to try and snap him out of it, chased her out with an accusatory blank stare so they could get back to uselessly mollycoddling him, but she did something productive! She served justice for a direct attack on NERV and their ability to protect the world, on one of the sacred Children!

Attached: 1549895477831.png (600x618, 103K)

>cover up the deaths of all moms in Shinji's classroom
wait what

how do I keep missing such significant info

that would make for an entertaining plot

Because you're a turbobaka.

I feel like gendo would just have her offed by the second one.

No way he'd be willing to lose a pilot, especially as he knows SEELE has access to the MP Evas
Maybe he'd brainwash her into obedience or something

I mean yeah that's the rational approach, but I think the point of the hand burning scene is to show how irrational he becomes when anything resembling his dead faggot wife is threatened.

>He doesn't know

>not shipping size difference age gap rei x rei

Attached: D23vu26VAAAysR6.jpg:orig.jpg (1214x2048, 349K)

What about Kaworu x Rei?

Attached: 1533480223451.png (480x640, 199K)

I dislike anything that has Kaworu be heterosexual 2bh

t. shinji

anima hammers the parallel home even more by having 17y/o shinji grow his hair out and even take up gardening too

Attached: image00105.jpg (1569x1920, 650K)

the reason people like shipping asuka and shinji is because they suck so much balls as people and live in a world that also sucks balls, so there's limitless potential to imagine how much better their lives together could be.

shinji's penis is 4.5 inches long

im hard

literally me

Attached: 1554531507335.png (600x325, 224K)

in diameter

Attached: 1550813035970.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

It's not every student, but Misato felt Shinji deserved to know that all of Nerv's list of candidates to be suddenly discovered as the Fourth Child were in his classroom. Toji, Kensuke, and Hikari also offhandedly mentioned dead mothers and fathers employed by Nerv.

Attached: 1551665196266.jpg (640x480, 75K)

>implying feminists do not fall for Chad's dick

kek, read more, user.

her whole thing with kaji is wanting a cool suave adult to both validate her as a fellow mature adult and to be her surrogate father figure to replace her distant seemingly neglectful father

>wants a big strong man
>also wants shinji, the opposite of that
When will asukafags admit any cock would do for their slut waifu

Attached: 1547643229238.png (1022x765, 735K)

>a war with alien lifeforms from space
>"what should we do? Create an unified network between the whole world to instantaneously pass information and data between all countries unifying research, military intelligence and global security measures
>or
>make big robots, lol!"

The internet probably exists. It's just since there's so much less people it's probably still at the "university and research tool" level and not at the entertainment level we had in our 2015

Toji and Asuka get together in a world where Shinji doesn't exist. It's in the cut real-world sequence from EoE.

what's anima? asuka looks like a street walker

girthy boy!

Attached: 1479790300482.png (1024x847, 193K)

If it's cut, how much weight can you really give it? May not even qualify as a canon alternative

Attached: 1552268566846.png (731x727, 826K)

it didn't exist in the series but IRL it wasn't well know even in the west. Shinji had a fuckin Walkman, they had huge robots before developing solid state storage, lol.

no shinji had an sdat player, dat was a sony digital format that was fairly unknown in the west (because of the RAA seething) outside of amateur and home studio recording work. KRS-1 references them on a track, that sota thing

noncanon ln written by one of the original creators & the mechanical designer of eva, it's an au timeline that diverges at eoe and it's set a few years later but it's mostly an excuse for him to draw big nerv milkers and lots of goofy super robo style eva action

Attached: 1204_Chapter28_176_177.jpg (3676x2164, 1.3M)

From what I know, ANIMA is a spinoff of Light Novels where the basic premise is that Shinji got some super upgrade to Eva-01 and was able to defeat the MP-EVAs. NERV is still intact because Kaji was still alive and prevented SEELE from getting the Japanese military to help invade, averting the events of EoE, and 3 years pass with the pilots at age 17.

The story kinda just gets really damn weird from there, wuch as simultaneously active Reis including a loli Rei, and Asuka becomes an Evangelion among others.

Attached: 20090201002.jpg (1739x2400, 454K)

sounds good

>Asuka becomes an Evangelion
you can't just write insane shit like this with no context

Attached: asukaradio.jpg (1440x1080, 924K)

Attached: __asuka_eva_synthesis_and_souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_anima_and_etc__1e8624b778e81 (3504x2629, 1.59M)

really? I thought it was a Walkman, nice.

Did you watch the show? Do you know what Evas actually are? They're fucking lobotomized Titans with Ultraman suits. The only actual robot was a waste of time and money.

All of the other tech was focused on military purposes and rebuilding infrastructure after Second Impact.

Firsthand material has the highest weight. They kept the IRL sequence, but cut it down heavily.

Generally because most people see that the two of them would be actually good romantic partners for each other if they were able to communicate with each other but they can't due to their own issues and nature of the show.

Also this

Why does this look like School Days at first?

Suki remains my favorite Eva doujinshi of all time

Attached: 0020.jpg (1044x1517, 370K)

sorry user, I am not overanalizing the show. I just find it funny that we had huge alien robots from other space but we didn't have internet, smartphones and solid state storage.

Fair enough, that shit wasn't know at the 90s.

things get pretty weird

Attached: 176-177.jpg (1576x2260, 1.41M)

How can you not ship them when the show gives you scenes like webm related

Attached: 1541455113470.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

Maybe some weight, because Anno can't be fucked to edit out references to cut segments.

Attached: Asuka, her neighbor, and Ayanami-sempai.jpg (1920x1080, 502K)

So Asuka's plan here was probably that Shinji would have no choice but to grab her hand off his nose, taking some kind of initiative and holding her.

But Shinji apparently decides running out of oxygen is better than doing literally anything for 30 seconds.

It's been mentioned in quite a few threads already, but I find it unrealistic that she could have possibly been surprised by him freezing up or otherwise not taking the initiative
By then, she knew he was shy and had doormat tendencies, and she had to be smart enough to realize the prospect of kissing the best-looking girl at school could make him even more hesitant
Basically she expected behavior out of him she couldn't possibly expect by then

Attached: 1546608629006.jpg (1894x1024, 334K)

oh I hope!

could've also just been an impulsive little dominating gesture she's reassuring herself with, since under all the casual pretense she's acutely aware she's putting herself in a vulnerable position. shinji just takes it all at face value and tries to avoid getting yelled at by not doing anything he isn't told to do

Teenage girls having unrealistic expectations from others is pretty realistic.

>and she had to be smart enough to realize
she's completely stupid where the issue of emotions, especially her own, is concerned. all the trauma and denial and emotional armor makes it a massive blind spot. on top of that she consistently misreads shinji's character over the course of the series. the whole kiss scene is a perfect storm of the kind of failure to communicate that the series is centered around

They have a really dynamic relationship with each other that basically captures the essence of "awkward young love."

Attached: 64237256_p0.jpg (879x1300, 103K)

I heard she gets better.
Though its silly that the Eva has high-heels.

Attached: 16325.jpg (533x1194, 152K)

not as silly as the plugsuit having heels

Attached: 230-231.jpg (1832x1346, 464K)

She doesn't even look like Asuka
What a shitshow of a redesign

Body Heat

The art style is pretty crap, the only image of older Asuka I like is

did any of the good Israfel Special fic ever finish, or even update within the last year?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nk57zfuPDj1s3zjsc.gif (500x280, 1.08M)

I love how much of a tiddy monster she grows up to be, not to mention the chad shinji

Attached: 1547261212966.jpg (2552x3499, 1.84M)

Not entirely sure what specific fic you are talking about, but to my knowledge 2 of those types of fics are dead.

Because it's fun to take two teens who hate each other and press them together hoping that they will fuck. Some sort of sexual sadism, I guess.

Thermal Expansion

>Re-take, a multi volume long Asuka x Shinji doujin, is the most iconic doujin in the fandom
>Aki-chan's life, an Asuka x Shinji webcomic, has been ongoing for over 10 years now
What makes Asuka x Shinji supporters so dedicated to the pairing?

Attached: 1552609009920.gif (500x350, 1.3M)

Shipping autism is a fearful condition.

>ongoing for over 10 years now
goddamn

He does the first damn episode and almost every time afterward.

See

Re-Take is also important cause it was the first thing uploaded to Sadpanda.

>awkward young lust
ftfy

Also got Epilogue of Evangelion, a 700 page slice-of-life doujin of nothing but Shinji and Asuka passing time in the post-3rd Impact world.

Attached: 175.jpg (2000x1351, 455K)

Because he practically gangbanged her during the MP-Eva fight in EoE.

Attached: __souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_ail__858b148ce250eeb267ef73bc312f4ea0.jpg (800x1131, 937K)

It was really cute, but I didn't like the characterization all that much. Asuka was several orders of magnitude less damaged than she ought to have been. Se was too sweet really, her shitty aspects basically became a tomboyish no-nonsense attitude played for comedy
Then again, maybe the author rolls with the idea that Instrumentality fixed most of her issues

fun things

the whole thing is just played for heartwarming comedy, that's all

god I wish that were me

Attached: 4CC794BC-5D17-49EA-A33F-0ECE7332F334.jpg (584x850, 333K)

She would be the one who raped him

That doujin is one of my trustiest faps.

Okay but consider this: Misato and Shinji fucking like dogs in heat while Asuka is forced to listen all night.

Attached: 1553920900913.jpg (980x1426, 143K)

that doesn't look like dogs in heat. looks like a woman with a shota fetish.

>crying while hidden and aroused
The idea that she wouldn't barge in and go into a morally indignant rant about /ss/ then storm off to Hikari's place is absurd

Attached: 1549152813826.jpg (1440x1080, 295K)

Inferior to Asuka and Shinji being goaded and dommed into fucking like dogs in heat by a drunken Misato

Is this more your tempo?

Attached: 1550601180796.jpg (1280x1700, 334K)

>What makes Asuka x Shinji supporters so dedicated to the pairing?
it's potential, as proven with those creations listed

Thanks, my boss just fired me, asshole

true

Actually I'm not so sure what she'd do. Shinji choosing someone else (at least as she would see it) might be one of the few things that would make her self-loathing win out over her rage.

How would she do it? Appeal to Asuka's pathological competitiveness, maybe?

No problem user, I got your back.

Attached: 1526153742518.jpg (600x703, 42K)

Inferior to Asuka and Shinji drinking Misato's beer while she's at the graveyard shift ar NERV and both starting to get frisky

Consider Misato catching and forcing Asuka and Shinji to continue having sex as she watches

Attached: 8.jpg (1200x1719, 392K)

What's wrong with holding hands with your daughter?

probably wouldn't take much, a few slurred lines about shinji needing a REAL woman instead of a little girl. maybe a crack about her past debauchery with kaji if she really wanted to twist the knife

Pls stop

Because their division is defined by their flaws. Both showed plenty of attraction to each other, but both were kept from actually doing anything about it by their inability to let themselves be vulnerable to other people, the core conflict of the entire show.
To have them get together, and to have them find catharsis and growth as human beings, these two events are one and the same. For happiness to be born from that relationship acts as a sort of proof that their insecurities have been faced, that there is validation in their journey and the people that they have become.

To desire that catharsis from the defining struggle of these characters, is the most human thing in the world.

Attached: Two Hedgehogs waiting to starve to death.png (1153x634, 323K)

>M: Ahhhhhhh, Shinji... -hic- Grrls yer age, y'know, they just ain't WORTH it.
>S: Huh?
>A: ...
>M: Yeah! They dunno what they WANT, dammit. Truuuuust me.
>A: I know exactly what-
>M: Yeah, yeah, Kaji Kaji KAJI! Bah! Little girlsh dunno what'll make 'emselves happy, let alone a good young guy like you~
>A: Excuse me!? Any guy should be honored that I gave him the time of day!
>M: See what I mean, Shinji? Shelfish! Believe me, you jusht gotta wait 'till you get to know some rrrreeeeaaaaal women. Wayyyyy more fun.
>A: Bullshit! This twerp would be RUINED for other women if he had me, they'd never compare!
>S: H-Had you...?

Attached: misatodrink.webm (960x720, 857K)

>The most popular girl in school might like me if I'm nice to her
Self-insert for birdbrained incels

G-go on...

Attached: 1471693240785.png (1024x768, 892K)

It doesn't work out like that in the show, though

>Huh?
>H-Had you...?
kek

Attached: 008.png (628x478, 122K)

>The most popular girl in school
asuka has precisely one friend and the rest of the girls secretly hate her

Most popular among the boys

Only with a chad.

They're the almost the same character, but Asuka puts on a mask while Shinji acts honest and thinks he's the only loser on the planet. It's why she spends all day playing video games and runs away when things go south.
Almost the entire cast of NGE are a bunch of pathetic losers who pretend to have it all together, which makes these two kids think they're uniquely damaged. Asuka sees that Shinji is like her, but won't drop the act. Shinji doesn't see through her, or anyone, and thinks he isn't good enough.
The only characters who might have everything together are Kaji and Fuyutsuki. Even SEELE, who run the world, are trying to escape their own bodies.

>Kaji and Fuyutsuki
not at all, they just have better masks and less screen time devoted to picking apart the mask.

Would their moms approve?

Attached: 39900423.jpg (1200x857, 610K)

i want to see yui and kyoko getting all passive aggressive about their respective branches' accomplishments and making a family dinner/wedding reception incredibly awkward

i never thought i'd say this, but that evangelion has a great ass

It's not "awkward young love", it's domestic violence and early divorce before even getting in a relationship. It's downright husband murders wife tier.

Asuka's mom probably, she let them both sync together in Asuka's intro episode.

Yui on the other hand either disapproves or doesn't care since she sat on her ass until after Asuka was killed before bothering to move.

Correct, she is the girl with the most compatible personality for shinji.

Attached: 1538685562612.jpg (242x227, 21K)

Yes. Remember her showing up outside his hospital room? Asuka would probably loosen up on Shinji, and then hunt down and beat the crap out of
whomever did it. How openly affectionate shed be is up to personal interpretation.

Based

Asukacucks are so facile they only manage to find interest in Eva through self-insert shipping

>M: Haaaahahaha! Ruined! By shitty, awkward, teenage virgin sex! There's farrrrrr more to it than yer body, kids. You both got no idea.
>A: Hmph! Maybe YOU didn't know what you were doing back then, but I-
>M: Nnnnope! He'd have more fun with a little imagination and a box of tissuesh. I mean, every boy his age's got yeeeaaaarsh of firsthand experience with 'emselves already, don't ya know~
>A: Uhgh! You're both perverts!
>S: W-wait, me?
>M: But then again, so do giiiiirls~
>A: Perverts!
>S: Ummmm I'm going now-
>M: Siddown Shinji we're BONDING!
>A: Don't go slinking off to disgrace yourself, pervert!
>M: Says Ms. "I'll ruin Shinji for other women," heheheeee!
>A: As if I'd ever! He couldn't handle me even if he was worth it! He'd be screaming! He'd pass out! He'd have a heart attack and die and it'd still be the best day of his life!
>S: A-Asuka!?
>A: Shut up you!
>M: Ooooooh no, well well, maybe I'll have to keep an ear out tonight, for his "safety" right? With someone as irresistible as YOU around, his life's in danger, ehehehe!

Was it kino?

Attached: 106.png (791x1200, 106K)

Yes

some green text worth reading. bravo.

That scene does carry weight but remember, the entire point was that Asuka was unhappy living with Toji, and it was a meaningless relationship based only on sex. The same exact situation Asuka condemned when her and Shinji commented on Misato's relationship with Kaji during intsrumentality.

Attached: __souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_boyaking__0578c13fed5c371030ab2d883cc72adb. (780x1000, 517K)

I'd watch this.

Attached: shinji no6.png (385x377, 253K)

blatantly wrong

Attached: 1554855627266.jpg (634x670, 109K)

Because they have next to zero chemistry and in fact their relationship is destructive to both of Asuka's need to grow out of her daddy praise me complex and Shinji's need to grow out of his linkin park phase.

Thanks. I might do more if this thread or an equivalent is around later.

Attached: 84964600be159aa47578d75a9e39b568.jpg (1500x1085, 1.13M)

Tangent, but what the fuck would a drunk Rei be like? That I'd like to see.

Attached: 4752ff46bac75622cfc1a90a63436b5a.jpg (1239x877, 914K)

When you get drunk you typically reveal what's inside without inhibition, so I guess Rei would just go even more silent and give a blank stare

I really should hate this cause it's basically all the tropes of Evangelion fanfiction in doujin form but I just can't. It's too good

Attached: Omake_001.jpg (1000x773, 301K)

>but what the fuck would a drunk Rei be like?
She'd sit there quietly with a creepy smile, staring into nothing.

Based and truthpilled

Read Scar Tissue. It's not exactly what you're saying, it's even more fucked, I like it.

user, sports players get away with murdering people all the time. It would be child's play for NERV.
Pic related is a footballer who ran over and killed a woman whilst drink driving and faced no punishment except a temporary driving ban and slap-on-the-wrist fine.

The pic, ffs.

Attached: marcos alonso.jpg (480x360, 37K)

>But that's if you care about functional relationships, which isn't Eva

For some reason they like to ignore that part.

Pervy old man Misato blatantly shipping AsuShin is indisputably the best Misato.

Bump

>being "redpilled" is a desirable state to be in
>being "bluepilled" is considered bad
>Asuka is red
>Rei is blue
explain yourselves Reifags.

Attached: asuka looks a bit smug.png (315x315, 157K)

If you just want to talk about them then go ahead user, but we have decisively covered what makes them fun to ship already.
It's no coincidence that the same personal development which would make them more functional human beings would also directly serve to make them far better partners for each other. You can literally measure the mental state of Asuka and Shinji by how much they like each other at any given moment.

NGE predates your favourite memes.

time is a flat circle

I don't understand how reifags exist, she's hardly even a character

Find it funny that one of Re-Take's points is that the two are destined to meet in every iteration of the world, and then later the actual manga end actually enforces it.

Attached: 1485206649.jpg (500x697, 204K)

animooted

Attached: 1490019390167.gif (500x697, 928K)

I prefer people like that over boomers eternally stuck in their chuuni phase who still think Eva was DEEP.

Only that part. Only the parts with vengeful True Asuka have any merit, everything else is goofy and plagiarized.

Attached: 160.jpg (935x1400, 332K)

I just wanted to see the Reifags flood in

A thought just occurred to me. If I'm missing something, somebody correct me.
After some reflection inside the unified being, Shinji rejected instrumentality, collapsed the being, and left the soup to be an individual again. He was able to do this because he was given total authority over the situation and would naturally be the most capable of leaving as soon as the possibility arose, given that the very process relied on him completely. That explains why he's the first person to emerge, but it doesn't explain why Auska's there, too. Out of all human life on the planet, it just happens that Auska was the second one to wash up, more or less at the same time he did? Was it because Auska was the most fully realized individual in the entire human race? Because she had the strongest will of any existing human being? For Evangelion that's a fairly uncharacteristic stretch. We also know that individuals have to choose to leave the soup, so it's not possible that Shinji pulled her out with him or anything. That seems to leave one reasonable option. Auska was the second person to leave the soup because she didn't want to be there without Shinji. I honestly don't give a fuck about shipping, but that's kind of heartwarming.

Attached: what.jpg (455x608, 40K)

Is good also, is just that they interacted and have a weird alienish relationship.

the main reason i prefer Asuka x kaworu is because is because, as mentioned before, they never interacted in the series so i like to wonder how they would.

although yes, canon wise those 2 actually ended up together...literally.

also good

this, shinji would without a doubt be the stay at home mom

maybe... except for the fact that shes stated clearly she wants no kids and is a career focused feminazi

this actually is more likely. if she wasn't allowed to abort quickly enough she would likely grow attached to the fetus in a couple of months

>feminazi
how does it feel to either be 12 years old or stuck 12 years ago?

I digress, wshe shows contempt for men that are not kaji and rages about how she is relagted to the victimized princess the moment shinji surpasses her sync-ratio. just rewatch that scen , dont tell she doesn't come off as a raging feminist

My theory is either that or one of the following
1. Due to the extreme circumstances of her death and Asuka's will to continue fighting and surviving despite the pain in her final moments, she actually could overcome instrumentality more easily than anyone
2. Rei gave Asuka the same special therapy session she did with Shinji to help them get out. Its possible Rei plans to go through the rest of the human race one at a time to help them come back, and just chose to do Asuka first because of what she meant to Shinji

third option, anno being the hack fraud he is wants to make more biblical references for the hell of it, we've got an adam and an eve

kinda bad actually.

Is it actually "Rei," though? And why would she help him leave? I got the impression that the "Rei" we see is just a symbol for the new collective responding to Shinji as one does to their own appendages. That's why she appears to everyone before they melt and is seen watching Shinji from the soup's surface at the end, like the last fading impression of his connection with the collective.

Whatever his intent was, if you can find a satisfying, natural justification for it in-universe then there's no reason not to. Artist's intent is meaningless, especially if it's something ambiguous.

>Asuka
Blue-eyes
>Rei
Red-eyes

Heh, nothing personel kid.

The Freudian stuff is undoubtedly intentional.

>"If I have to be one with you I'd rather die"
>leaves the one when he's literally the only person not there
>has all the empty surreal postapocalypse in the world to choose from and has to lie down next to him

Attached: 1536295614157.jpg (2402x1034, 1.48M)

is just like dads like to ship sons with someone so they look flustered

>I got the impression that the "Rei" we see is just a symbol for the new collective responding to Shinji as one does to their own appendages
I don't think that makes sense. Rei is shown as clearly separate to humanity in Instrumentality, otherwise the return-to-the-womb stuff wouldn't make sense.

Well there is a reason the final title is "I need you"

>the entire point was that Asuka was unhappy
Like really clearly from her complaining about everything the whole time, making her an OL, shooting that apartment to look grody. But she's also encouraged to keep going and pretending to be an adult like anybody does, and there's the added point that Shinji's seeing this because he has that self-absorbed depressive idea that only he needs to go away and leave forever and everything would be obviously better.

translation?

Attached: confused cat girl.png (389x382, 117K)

That's the title for the entire second half of EoE, not the last scene specifically.

Wrong, the title for both parts of 26' is 'Sincerely Yours', only One More Final is specifically titled 'I Need You'

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Attached: 1541358108653.png (406x539, 479K)

Dont all episodes have 2 titles?
Plus the title can still be fitting for the ending scene even if it refers to the whole of 26'

He's not wrong

>Rei plans to go through the rest of the human race one at a time to help them come back
I do like this idea. It makes the ending kind of weirdly sweet and hopeful.

They're both cutiepies.

Fake

why is there always some dumbass to disagree with easily verifiable information on this fucking website?
Yes all episodes have two titles, no, "I need you" is NOT the title of anything BUT the finale. Just fucking watch the movie

Not true. The title card simply comes in extremely late into the "episode" that is 26'. The credits with "Thanatos: If I Can't Be Yours" mark the episode split.

I've heard that before but I never found out which anime Re-Take is supposed to be plagiarizing.

Attached: 1537629623929.png (673x871, 546K)

You're fucking retarded.

I just remember when they tried kissing and Asuka was super butthurt that Shinji for his reaction. Like, what exactly did she expect to happen?

it's because the film uses their relationship to typify the kind of failures of communication and conflict that define the human condition in eva. the three main scene of them together (hospital, kitch, beach) tell the message of the series in microcosm. it has to be the person shinji associates with overwhelming and crushing rejection (kitchen scene) that offers the small, accepting gesture or much of the significance and power of that final scene is lost

This sound like the name of a fanfiction

no he literally can't that was the whole point

>and then hunt down and beat the crap out of whomever did it.
she would get raped and murdered, shes a 14 year old girl

Oh was it just retracing?

I heard it copied the ending of another anime.

if you think about it, most animes copy the end eatch other, at least shonen wise

Why would it be anything other than the episode title card? It looks exactly the same as all the other episode title cards, and the leaked draft script for EoE has the title card before the (cut) live action sequence:
>アスカ「夢?」
>[アイキャッチ] B? TYPE のみ 英題『I need you.』
>○6 帖のワンルームマンション
What's the English title of 26' if not "I need you"?

I find this ship more fun.

Attached: b19c8ecee493d7a0d579e4ea9eaa244b.gif (569x517, 155K)

Attached: 1548363522221.jpg (1458x2045, 657K)

because they really actually don't like each other

It is.

a three way ship? more like shit

Attached: 1526787298550.jpg (522x782, 166K)

That's a lot of piss. She should get that checked out.

Sauce?

>german/japanese not being into watersports
suspension of disbelief shattered

I watched the first half of the series before dropping it out of boredom and the only impression I ever got was that Shinji was a complete fucking faggot. Does the show change dramatically toward the end or something?

Attached: 1518071812491.jpg (483x370, 56K)

>the only impression I ever got was that Shinji was a complete fucking faggot
Well when you get to episode 24 he becomes an actual literal faggot, so there is a change there.

The second half of the show is where it really gets astounding, but the early mid-point is probably the weakest part. Still might not be for you.
>Shinji was a complete fucking faggot
He's supposed to be.

>Why would it be anything other than the episode title card?
glad we agree

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion-02.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

Because they understand each other's pain, and during the first half of the series they actually started feeling emotions for each other (and then the second half broke those pretty hard)
Also they are cute

Attached: 1501697074835.jpg (879x1250, 947K)

Imagine if Shinji was stuck in a room with all the AU Asukas. Who would rape him first?

Because Shinji is autistic like us and we all want an Asuka in our lives.

me

Eye contact is for normalfags. Also, Asuka is still majority red, Rei is majority blue.

>and we all want an Asuka in our lives
Keep dreaming, Asukuck. Not everyone enjoys being bullied by a mentally ill woman

Attached: 1551138347482.jpg (303x325, 12K)

delete this kudasai

Seeing all the competition, VN Asuka would take the initiative trying to whore herself out.
But 3.0 Shikinami could just casually overpower the others and take him then and there.

Attached: 1448732026988.jpg (1240x1068, 475K)

>Not everyone enjoys being bullied by a mentally ill woman
you'd be surprise

Attached: youreunnecessary.gif (500x374, 993K)

Why are LASfags always also fanficfags?
Is it because the show doesn’t actually provide enough to ship them without it?

You can only get lewd and WAFFy things with doujins/fanfics
The show just slaps you with unresolved sexual tension

>I watched the first half of the series before dropping it out of boredom
big yikes but yes, Shinji is always a massive faggot.

Attached: 53863285_p71.jpg (350x570, 144K)

This ship is as absurd as Toji x Kensuke or something

Attached: 53863285_p64.jpg (450x450, 147K)

Then why is the most popular doujin the one that also got a lewdless version?

I'm gonna assume the censored one is not very popular

I’ve seen more people recommend the lewdless over the lewd one than the other way around.

You do know Rei is cloned from Shinji's mom's DNA, don't you? She'd be like a half-sister to him.

>anti-Reifags are anti-incest as well.
Doubly disgusting.

Most likely those asukas would start a big FFA fight for his dick.
3.0 probably wins, but everyone will be too wrecked for sex

It can't be one of the childhood friend Asukas, they're in that position by not having the guts in the first place. NGE has enough jealousy, and the VNs based on that continuity make her even more possessive, but they'd just yell at Shinji for looking at the other ones of her. Probably it's Punished Shikinami, she's really aggressive towards him, possibly obsessed for years, then she has opportunity to actually hurt him and becomes a caretaker.

Attached: 1546290149887.jpg (397x1048, 127K)

Is angelic days any good? I tried to find the chapter where Asuka wins the bowl but it's surprisingly hard to find anywhere online.

How many AUs are there again? NGE, 3.0, VN, Angelic, Shinji Project, Dogma...

Probably 3.0 then.

its inoffensive but unremarkable

CUTE!

>Is angelic days any good?
Its rather bad IMO, but I did find a link online to the win chapter if you want it:

manganelo.com/chapter/neon_genesis_evangelion_koutetsu_no_girlfriend_2nd/chapter_16

Attached: AngelicDaysEnding.jpg (728x1171, 112K)

there's also campus apocalypse

Attached: a2.png (800x1128, 934K)

Thanks

So Asuka's wine for sure once in Angelic, technically wins in NGE by factor of being the only one left, and has one ending in the VN. So that's like, 2 and a half out of 7? She's got the best track record for all the competitors at least.

I miss Tyrone and Rog bros
youtube.com/watch?v=WB9SL-mZtVY

Now they just spew unfunny polshit

>2019
>still not getting behind the purest form of love

Yeah this is so much funnier you reddit retard.

have seen NGE around and shitposted about for as long as i was aware of anime existing when i was a small lad, never actually saw. finally did see TTGL over a decade later and definitely loved how kino it was, is there any overlap in vibe/appeal with NGE in terms of characters and overall style? for the most part i'm ambivalent to mecha shit but loved the hotblooded balls to the wall style of TTGL, but for NGE i've never been able to shake my constantly reinforced perception that shinji's just a whingy unlikable faggot which kind of paints my overall picture of NGE

3 episode rule. Just watch it you faggot

Attached: 1544103499354.jpg (560x577, 39K)

Evangelion = character study, psychological drama, depression study
TTGL = Over the top love letter to all action and mecha anime
They are radically different shows

At least being kissed back was still a reasonable expectation to have for a 13 year old girl, compared to her being disappointed that a japanese kid didn't respond to her bible reference pick-up line to break into her room.

Attached: wallofjericho.gif (500x375, 829K)

It's been I don't know how many years now and I still haven't understood how people can talk shit about Shinji when he consistently faces his responsibilities and personal demons, asserts himself as a person even in the face of grave consequences as Achilleus did, and is a well of resolve in the face of circumstances that would instantly break anyone who talks shit about him. It's like you have to be an empty shell of a person and not understand a SINGLE THING of what is happening in the show.

Most people watch the first episode, get mad at the fact he didnt leap at unit 01 without second thought, and drop the series

>best poptarts with best girl
very nice.

This happens when you're too busy huffing memes and shitposting.

It is still an action show and stylish as hell. Not that specific Imaishi kind of stylish but some people are into it.

Attached: that scene everybody homaged for like 8 years straight.webm (640x480, 2.76M)

"homaged"

Anyone find it odd that a building would get perfectly pushed off its foundation in once piece like that?

Not really, I doubt retractable buildings are made out of concrete

it's just for the sake of the visual

Attached: 1525082098635.webm (960x720, 2.89M)

I wish there was a good fic or doujin about it

Every single missile hit the target!
Single the missile. hit every target!
The target missile hit every single!
Hit the single missile, every target!
Single target missile hit every the!

>settled
I think you mean Shinji had such high standards he would only date Adam

There is a big difference in that Kaji is just a flirt while Kaworu was intent on understanding Shinji (and to a lesser extent humanity)
>not smooth
>wins the Shinjibowl in 1 (one) episode

But he didn't do shit with Shinji. Asuka went the furthest of anyone by actually kissing him

There is Neon Metathesis Evangelion, which is good when focusing on the relationship, but it never finished.

Attached: 153976280361.jpg (1200x1524, 235K)

>shinji successfully pleasing and keeping a worthwhile relationship with two 10/10s
It's too unrealistic. Him having an awkward relationship with one of them is far more believable

Attached: 1536986309640.jpg (435x640, 99K)

It's Asuka who'd be the sticking point, I think. I can hardly imagine a way she'd ever agree to share almost anything, let alone a relationship with Shinji.

It's really a shame, because seeing how it throws a wrench into all the mystical conspiracy stuff is half of what I want.

this is the reason I watched the whole series. I had never seen something so emotionally life like in anime at the time.

Eva is still perhaps THE most realistic anime when it comes to how the characters behave
There is still cartoony stuff, and there are obvious concessions to the possibilities the medium of animation introduces to the story, but the reason the fandom has endured for so long is that people have fallen in love with characters that feel so much like real people
There is an appeal to the overarching message of the show and even to the sci fi background, but I consider these secondary to the appeal of the character driven drama

Attached: 1548230491077.jpg (588x698, 79K)

Bump

She literally says in instrumentality to Shinji, I want all of you or I want none of you.

It couldn't. The conspiracy is all really remote from the Children and they're never in a position to know about it or affect global politics before headquarters is attacked, Seele don't care if kids are kissing. Unless the story goes somewhere really nuts and they hold saving the world hostage, or seeing kids happy is supposed to change Gendo's heart enough to abandon his ambitions and defuse Seele on their behalf.

Attached: 1481456761384.jpg (850x748, 122K)

Why are they using Rei as a mop?

Attached: 1547735926278.jpg (701x526, 55K)

Why wouldn't you?

heh, "get behind"

agreed friend
at the time I didn't get what all was going on in the show by the end and wasn't mad about it, the impact for me was the characters along the way.

You like characters who hate each other. I guess you are like some yaoi shippers.

I am literally the 3dpd version of Asuka, and I'm in love with Kaworu.

Asuka x Kaworu confirmed

>I am literally the 3dpd version of Asuka
Are you pic related?

Attached: 1550574048221.webm (960x540, 1.51M)

Grant please...

Because they're the canon couple... and the last two people on Earth.

After they get all the attempted choking and crying out of Shinji's system, what do they do first?

Attached: 309726940.jpg (581x850, 404K)

Attached: 1544317751373.png (562x393, 82K)

Man I love the action in eva (even tho theres so little of it). I love how just about every fight is a hand to hand melee. I wish more mecha had actions like that instead of guns and shit

On a more realistic approach, i imagine them spending several days in silence, without neither having the gut to speak up.
Then they will probably double check if they really were in each others mind during instrumentality, maybe cry and ask forgiveness for acting like shitheads.

Its strongly implied by anno that more people will eventually follow, so they need to wait, and if possible start rebuilding the basis of reality. If they didnt get rewinded into rebuilds, that is.

>Strawberry the best
>Not brown sugar cinnamon
I can accept liking Rei best, but not liking brown sugar cinnamon the best is fucking heresy.

>cry and ask forgiveness for acting like shitheads
I don't know, would they really? I mean, they already KNOW. They know why both of them did every single thing they did. They both know what the other has forgiven or not already, right?

You are right that they know.

But in the end of the day, some people dont feel their consciousness are clean if they dont talk it out, even if its redundant.

>But in the end of the day, some people dont feel their consciousness are clean if they dont talk it out, even if its redundant.
I think that's correct. In all likelihood, they'd still need to talk about some stuff, at the very least just to verify that what happened actually happened. It's interesting to imagine how bizarre it would be to share one mind like that and suddenly be thrust back into individuality.

Gib nudes Ms. Gaier

Shinji would want to, Asuka would prohibit any mention instrumentality ever happened.

I can see it happening. They would maybe go "did this really happen" "yes", and after that asuka would tell him to shut up whenever he tried to talk about more emotional subjects

Reminder that Kaworu literally died twice for boypussy rather than fuck a girl

Asuka would want them to focus on survival first and not waste time talking about it, partially out of necessity and partially because it gives her an excuse to dodge that conversation.
If things post-3rd Impact ever settled and their situation was comfortable, then Asuka would feel pressured to talk about it again by Shinji.

So basically The Second Try but without the Do Over

sleep well

Attached: 45542340.jpg (828x1200, 651K)

U too user

Any particular goodies here besides retake? I can only gleam so much from a cover page.

Attached: sxa.png (755x187, 23K)

Source?

c-freak
cherry01
anything by kuro tengu
the yagami dai ones are pretty good too
girlhood
adolescence

C-freak. Exhentai.

If you get the sad panda, sucks to be you.

Pisses me off there are hardly any kinda trippy ones for this series.

Attached: 4.jpg (1200x854, 137K)

Being this much of a faggot

Based and truthpilled
dammit user I can't ever ship anyone with Asuka except Toji now
You'd better take responsibility

>You'd better take responsibility
Not gonna come inside you, sorry.

The dude who got jumped by a bunch of Rei's during EoE probably has it together

lol
saved for keks

>even if by some miracle we get 4.0 Anno probably won't realize the pairing's full potential like the fandom would

I know Eva really isn't that kinda show but it's still a bit upsetting

Attached: 『Hooked on a Feeling』.png (674x500, 130K)

nice

Eyes are the window to the soul.

Attached: 1548697843410.jpg (311x315, 11K)

That's the Jap title card, you faggot. Every Evangelion episode has two title cards, the first in Japanese and the second in English. What is 26''s second title card if not "I need you"?

I tried getting into it but I couldn't stand all the Misato-bashing.

"Suki"

pic related

Attached: 1419463961423.jpg (600x480, 92K)

Good ol' Hate Sex

Dont forget the daring retroactive reveals like how Anno mentioned that Kaji was transgender all along and that he just forgot to mention that Rei actually is black

Netflix dub will fix those. Leslie Jones is already confimed to dub Rei.

how can she both dub Rei AND play Asuka in the upcoming live action version?

She is very dedicated to the series. Her objective is to dub every female character in 4.0

Yeah, that was an issue.
I could ignore it there, but the author wrote another fic where it was even worse

Ugly.

Who plays Shinji then?

Based Eva posters keeping every thread comfy

>female
Try not to get ahead of yourself, shitlord.

Askua has periods. It's an important part of her character. It lets you know that even though Shinji and Asuka had sex the night they kissed he didn't get her pregnant. She is definitely female.

Attached: asukascary.jpg (620x376, 64K)

This thread is still going?

Yes

It's gonna be his breakout role. Eva will finally be AMAZING.

Attached: desmond-is-amazing.jpg (1174x660, 99K)

Since this thread is still alive I have to ask, did anybody else read the "Epilogue of Evangelion "? Or any other fan staff about what happen with Shinji and Asuka after the EoE chocking scene?

You find it entertaining when you go to the zoo and see two monkeys throwing shit at each other. It's pretty much the same thing here.

>9 months latter

Attached: 1553213047819.jpg (562x393, 69K)

It's been years. How do people not understand NGE? I know there's always newfags, but I'm willing to bet more than one has never understood or even cared for it at all beyond the superficial, which they would argue with their lives is a valid way of watching NGE. Pathetic. I can totally understand why Anno would want to kill himself, if I was making content for a lot of simpletons that misunderstood everything I said I would also want to off myself.

Attached: 1555446492387.gif (500x281, 542K)

If the situation were reversed, what would Asuka do?

Attached: 1734.jpg (640x640, 84K)

Twerk

Call him useless, quietly cry to herself next to his catatonic body, and if Shinji is anything in the way of understanding bedside manners with these pilots, probably grind against him in frustration like a dog in heat

Use his hand and fingers

This plus 10 years worth of fear and loathing. She would beat up a coma patient for ignoring her until they started locking her out.

Attached: killalldolls.jpg (1440x1080, 144K)

Good to see them taking the Adam and Eve role with dedication.

Going to be a real screwed up culture and society they leave behind.

>Good to see them taking the Adam and Eve role with dedication.
To the point in which they are fucking every day even during pregnancy.
>Going to be a real screwed up culture and society they leave behind.
Are you talking about all of the incest that will happen?

She wouldn't even be in the room, as seen in episode 16.

Epilogue felt too 'Moe' for an Eva story. It seemed comfy but I couldn't really get past the artstyle.

Second Try was nice, but the done EoE version didn't really feel Eva-ish (which is understandable since they had to pretty much do the exact opposite of what happened).

Re-take, as someone else said, is all the Eva fanfic tropes in doujin form, but it works. It truly feels like an Eva story that wants to have a happy ending instead of a sad one like usual.

I don't think there's any other fan stuff as big as those 3.

Re-take feels like an Eva AU, there are a couple of those that include the Evangelions but treat them like any mecha and erase the characteristic of them as mysterious shackled monsters.

Asuka and Shinji never had sex

Attached: funny.jpg (487x527, 174K)

They may or may not be a canonical couple, but they are a metaphorical one which is kind of canonical.

I consider him to be dating both Asuka and Rei, since they are just different aspects of the same unshown person behind the metaphors of EVA

>since they are just different aspects of the same unshown person behind the metaphors of EVA
What kind of bullshit is that?

Anyway, Shinji's best paring is obvious.

Attached: manahugshinji.jpg (600x324, 40K)

Asuka = reality
Rei = fantasy
Both apply to a relationship.
This is pretty basic stuff user.

>This is pretty basic stuff user.
Not when your entire premise is bullshit.

>Asuka = reality
>Rei = fantasy
What is this even supposed to mean?

The robo wasnt waste of time, Nerv did everything so that the other Robot didnt worked.

It would never have worked against the Angels since it can't produce an AT-field anyway.

it didn't have an AT field, nerv's sabotage was a mercy killing compared to what would've happened if they'd let it eat up even more resources and they get deployed in real combat

Rebuilds don’t count because they are bullshit. Rei represents the idealistic view that someone has of a spouse, she represents the Oedipal fantasy that Shinji projects on the women he loves, she is passive because she is a salve to Shinji’s subconscious desires - he literally has to project a personality unto her. This is seen when Shinji makes her smile, she doesn’t smile because she wants to but she forces one (her sticking her fingers up to do it connotes how much of a superficial image her smiling is) to please Shinji’s image of Rei. She also is similar to the Japanese conservative ideal, a quite short-haired (tame) women who doesn’t show her emotion, who lives for her man.

Asuka is reality because of her conflict with Shinji asserts her presence through this conflict (relates to the human-instrumentation) , she is a half-foreigner who doesn’t abide by the Japanese ideal. She hates being shown figures of affection, because she doesn’t want to be objectified. She has trauma, mental illness. She shows interests in other men. She is a separate identity to Shinji, and she strives for this. She also projects her own fantasy about herself, also representing the feminine ideals in a relationship. She also represents the physical side of a relationship, she kisses in Shinji, can be seen in engaging in sex in that one frame in EOE and that episode where they have to dance together is a metaphor for sex - because everything is.

Blue is the colour of fantasy, her hair is blue because that’s her outward perception while the red in her eyes represents the reality (Asuka) hidden this perception and in her soul - vice-versa for Asuka. Red is reality because it is the blood that flows deep with in us, something that leaks out but is hidden deep inside of us - it also relates to the blood of Christ. The image of eyes also may represent the male-gaze, but also our perception of reality.

Though they are contrasting aspects, the make a woman.

>(her sticking her fingers up to do it connotes how much of a superficial image her smiling is)
Kek, that's a fan image, not how it happens in the show

Attached: 1548025507931.jpg (614x614, 87K)

>Red is reality because it is the blood that flows deep with in us, something that leaks out but is hidden deep inside of us - it also relates to the blood of Christ.
What the fuck are you smoking
You're the worst kind of Eva fan

Rei wasnt forcing a smile, she has trouble expressing her emotions and Shinji's suggestion helped her break out of her shell for a moment.

And most of the rest of what you said is just plain crazy to the point I hope you are being sarcastic.

>Rei represents the idealistic view that someone has of a spouse
She does not. She is meant to be a creepy characters with minimal outwards emotions.

Sauce?

pretentious and pseud get thrown around a lot and devalued but holy shit you pseud

Could have been good for an anti-Evangelion weapon someday, though. 150 days of independent power and autonomous AI sounds great for stalking around just out of range of all the support Evas need to run.

Attached: 1458431472321.jpg (3338x1200, 1.34M)

>just wait for them to run out of power!
and why did they need to spend billions on a robot to accomplish that?

>Could have been good for an anti-Evangelion weapon someday
>stalking around just out of range of all the support Evas need to run.
Except for, you know, the S2 Engine built into all Evas numbered past 03 that lets them operate with unlimited internal power.

And one of the VNs had this dumb thing that is built around underwater stalking, but is useless against an Eva.

Attached: C240.jpg (1894x1024, 485K)

>she represents the Oedipal fantasy that Shinji projects on the women he loves
This is true.

Everything else is bullshit.

First two paragraphs I agree with more or less completely. Whether it started out intentional or not, if you don't see Shinji's sexual interest in Rei as being indicative of the Oedipal urge a lot emotionally stunted males (Japanese ones in particular) have to seek out nonthreatening female caricatures, then you're a hopeless brainlet. Meanwhile, Asuka as the only non-Oedipal female relationship Shinji has, who challenges him and who stresses him out with her ambiguity. Evangelion has a clear escapism/reality thing going with them that plays into the show's general commentary on the painful, but ultimately worthwhile nature of human relationships.

Second two paragraphs are stretching it quite a fucking bit. Their colors are simply expressive of their personalities. Blood of christ and male gaze are functional interpretations, but they aren't reasonable ones. Auska's color speaks for itself, but Rei's is a bit more interesting: despite the rest of her being so seemingly cool and muted, her eyes have a hypnotic, probing depth to them that your vision is immediately drawn toward. There's no symbolism there, it's just an intelligent, almost certainly unconscious decision that was made when designing the character.

Attached: mami.png (502x669, 186K)

Attached: file.png (782x850, 756K)

Are spics obsessed with Eva as much as they are with Dragon Ball and The Simpsons?

Not really
t. south american

Disappointing the show just kinda forgets or barely utilizes that she is from Germany and her first language is German after her first 2 episodes.

Attached: RTA_041.jpg (1245x860, 734K)

She's living in Japan and knows japanese fluently (barring not knowing kanji all that well), there's no reason to have many scenes with her speaking german

at least they sorta justified the trident by saying it was built for conventional conflict

exhentai.org/g/607722/30befe59fb/

Attached: download (1).jpg (227x222, 8K)

In a perfect world it would be cool to have Asuka be more bilingual and maybe have a bit of an accent in Japanese and shit like that, but its kinda hard to do much with it if you don't have writers and an actress that are fluent in both.

Mana a shit.

Attached: C081.jpg (1894x1024, 510K)

Why did she draw Shinji as Charlie Brown?

>there's no reason to have many scenes with her speaking german
And considering her pronunciation of German I'd rather she didn't even try. It's even worse than the average engrish.

And the Geofront is already vulnerable to N2 bombardment, or ground invasion, and it's completely the wrong track to taking out an Eva directly compared to the proton gun. I'm thinking of more like a deterrent to sending an Eva out against a state, some kinda patrolling landsubmarines. The actual justification would be for it to do something cool.

Attached: 1533323400888.jpg (1569x1920, 1.25M)

Good thread anons.

because she's the little red-haired girl

see you next thread, fren

Attached: 1534303228313.jpg (1378x1563, 1.06M)

I want both of them to be happy very much, and I like to think that they would make each other happy together

Attached: 158.png (447x378, 11K)

Evangelion ending is a Brazilian / Portuguese meme (well the congratulations scene is a meme everywhere)
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mcdh2Vf2Xk

Indeed.

That makes way too much sense.

Attached: 70403737.jpg (1200x917, 502K)

Eva is just Peanuts with mechs

Attached: 004.png (1844x1031, 300K)

She's also Lucy so she can be onscreen and loud.

Attached: 1531252100201.gif (1075x293, 29K)

Either my memory is not working or your bait is out of proportion
Explain the oedipal
themes then, she is a clone of Shinji's mother because he is projecting Shinji on to her
at least someone understands, Yea Forums reacted predictably because Yea Forums is afraid of being seen as 'pretentious', I could post this on any other board and have a less dismissive reaction, I don't really care what Yea Forums that much because Yea Forums has a certain personality to it. If at least one person takes my post seriously without getting unbelievably angry at seeing things that they didn't see, then it's worth it, Anno himself intended that we interpret the show our own way after all. I still remain convinced of my view in the first two paragraphs.

However, one obvious pointer is the fact that the direct interlink between the two characters is clearly shown between them having reverse pallets of each other.

>Either my memory is not working or your bait is out of proportion
Just Youtube it, you're wrong

>Explain the oedipal
>themes then, she is a clone of Shinji's mother because he is projecting Shinji on to her
The Oedipal theme of Eva is greatly exaggerated. There is one(1) scene were Shinji says that Rei wrings a cloth "like a mother" or some shit, that is it. There is nothing in the series otherwise that would imply a motherly connection between Rei and Shinji.

i think projecting the ideas of fantasy versus reality onto the thematic framework is a misstep, it's maternal versus other if anything. but even that is a facet of how the show approaches relationships in general, not the totality of it

>ruining the end of this thread with this stupidity
Off yourself baka.

I am really feeling the mandela effect with this one, I remember looking at that art for the first time and finding it funny because of that scene. It still doesn't take from my point, she smiles for him.
that's not how metaphor's work, EVA isn't a reality tv show. You are missing the point that he is literally attracted to a clone of his mother - that's all the evidence you need.

You cant look at everything in a Yea Forums post, I am just being very sepcific
stop giving me reddit tier emotional reactions and explain to me, in detail, why I am wrong. Present a proper argument.

>that's not how metaphor's work, EVA isn't a reality tv show. You are missing the point that he is literally attracted to a clone of his mother - that's all the evidence you need.
Metaphors needs to have some textual support to actually work.
And Rei isn't his mother nor is she even a direct clone of her. She is a product of trying to extract Yui from Unit-01 as well as having the soul of Lilith.
There is nothing Oedipusesque about their relationship. She looks like his mother, and Shinji barely even knows how she looks, that is it.
Anything else is just fanwank trying to project a theme that isn't present in the show.

without looking at the whole picture of the human condition that the series tries to paint — and without looking at how it functions as a complete picture instead of placing primary importance on the narrative layer — you'll fall prey to key misinterpretations like this. rei is maternal coded but you shouldn't conflate that with the criticism of the will to nothingness that instrumentality is used to criticize or project a criticism of maternal relationship in general. the idea is it turns negative when its clung to and the characters either destroy themselves with this clinging or grow when they accept the severing of the umbilical as it were

>You are missing the point that he is literally attracted to a clone of his mother - that's all the evidence you need.
Shinji was never romantically attracted to Rei, their relationship was platonic on his end.

Good thread gang. LAS alive and strong

It'll never die.

Attached: 15125435729.jpg (915x1200, 905K)

Whoa dude

>I am really feeling the mandela effect with this one, I remember looking at that art for the first time and finding it funny because of that scene. It still doesn't take from my point, she smiles for him.
It completely takes away from your point because you said Rei forced that smile with her hands. By doing it on her own, she either temporarily broke out of her shell or she did the closest thing she knew to a smile (let's ignore the fact that she smiled around Gendo which is why Shinji was butthurt about it)

Cause shinji's dick fits the shape of asuka's cunt perfectly

Attached: 1551072149093.jpg (279x371, 58K)

You're being too literal. "Oedipal" isn't limited to metaphors about wanting to fuck your mother. The entire idea behind the Oedipus complex is a male reluctance to pursue women who aren't already close, unconditionally affectionate, and just barely beyond the realm of actually being sexually attainable. Most often, weak males of this sort will fill the woman-shaped hole in their lives with their mothers: a perfectly nonthreatening partner who they'll never have to actually have a nuanced sexual/romantic relationship with. Rei fits that bill perfectly. She's made in his mother's image, he projects motherly attributes onto her, and she has a consistently soft and underwhelming presence. Shinji also has an Oedipal interest in Misato, who is too far out of his league age-wise to be sexually attainable, and who more literally attempts to fulfill a motherly role with him on and off over the course of the show. When she kisses him in EoE, that's supposed to be a period at the end of their facade of a mother/son relationship. Asuka is the only one of the main females Shinji doesn't have an Oedipal relationship with because she is exactly the kind of ambiguous, sometimes demanding presence that he's afraid of. She's there, she's real, and she's a normal human being with her own needs and passions and desires. She's his only healthy and natural option, but she's the one he's most reluctant to pursue because of his fear of being hurt.

So you're saying Asuka has an incredibly compact pussy?

>She looks like his mother,
1) but you can't say that this represents his oedipal fantasy
2) despite Shinji having seen photos of his mother
3) implying he isn't attracted to her because she looks like his mother
OK Hamlet, whatever you say.
it is arguably implied that he is, or you could also argue that the uncertainty is an aspect of the show
>the characters either destroy themselves with this clinging or grow when they accept the severing of the umbilical as it were

yes, and in the show characters have to separate themselves from others to create their identities and themselves. You could argue that though Asuka tries to create this identity through her violent contrast with Shinji, and the ideal fantasy she projects upon herself, she still falls a prey to the ghost of her mother affecting her entire identity.

You could also link this to how, in EOE, Asuka also is the first to reject instrumentality - she lives on being her own identity separated from Shinji. In the end of EOE, two identities who separated from each other try to find a connection through emotional trauma (strangling); other anons have already talked about the strangling scene with praise from Yea Forums, and my argument is an extension if that, so don't call me pretentious for it.

that was something I was trying to reinforce my argument with, I did not build my argument around her using her fingers to smile - that was just an afterthought. My main argument and point was that she smiled because Shinji told her too and not because of her emotions, and that the scene is made to be less innocent and heartwarming then it seems to really bring affect after a viewer realises it after multiple-runs of the show - in a 'my original perception of this has been shattered' sort of sense.
I argue that Anno made it purposefully seem that she broke out of her shell, for it to be an illusion that the audience themselves partake in.

Have you even watched the show? Because I feel that you are simply spouting bullshit.
Rei may look like Shinji's mother, but Shinji doesn't know how is mother looks like.
And Shinji shows next to no sexual or romantic interest in Misato, in fact Misato offers him sex and Shinji rejects her.
>2) despite Shinji having seen photos of his mother
There are no photos of her. Gendo destroyed them all.

Don't shittalk maboy shinji like that

Attached: 1551067390326.jpg (757x863, 325K)

>despite Shinji having seen photos of his mother
you really need to rewatch the series there are a lot of details you'e missing or outright misremembering

>I argue that Anno made it purposefully seem that she broke out of her shell, for it to be an illusion that the audience themselves partake in.
Anno himself confirmed it was a genuine smile, he said the mistake was having Rei smile for Shinji and the two have an understanding that early in the show's run, which is why Rei fell out of focus.

>Have you even watched the show?
Multiple times over the years. Each time I notice something new and interesting about it.
>Shinji doesn't know how is mother looks like.
Even if that were true, it wouldn't matter. The audience knows. That is not a meaningless part of the story.
>Shinji shows next to no sexual or romantic interest in Misato
Wait, did you watch the show?

Attached: ..gif (500x281, 1013K)