What is the actual worst deus ex machina of all time in any anime or manga?

What is the actual worst deus ex machina of all time in any anime or manga?

Attached: kIqxLVc.jpg (1024x717, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oetHwdfSc0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>kill all japanese haha

O MY RUBBER NEN

>nunnally is dead
>jk she's alive

youtube.com/watch?v=oetHwdfSc0M

these two rank pretty high imo.

yeah yeah, complain about Code Geass all you want Yea Forums, but don't act like you didn't enjoy it.

Attached: 1487431685206.jpg (640x480, 27K)

fuck off youtube shill

I didn't enjoy Mao useless arc

Its only Causality, my dudes

Attached: causality.gif (500x375, 1.93M)

Reiner has crazy plot armor. Still don’t know how he’s still alive

Attached: 0FE6D6FE-2436-4C24-9F26-B2BEC9420D82.jpg (1066x1600, 383K)

Sailor Moon going naked to defeat Galaxia in the anime.

Attached: 1555115180519.png (278x424, 121K)

I only read up until the boat leaving so far, but I feel like O MY RUBBER NEN isn't nearly as big of a deus ex machina as people make it out to be, and I'm not saying that just because postmortem nen was already a thing. It's almost definitely just Toga wanting to keep Hisoka alive rather than serious planned storytelling. But I'm more or less fine with it because Hisoka VS Chrollo happened so suddenly and the actual fight itself wasn't affected by O MY RUBBER NEN. It's not like Hisoka used the ability to win out of nowhere after a long arc of set-up.

Then again, the only reason Wish Granting Sister wasn't as ridiculed is because it wasn't as exploitable or funny, but I feel like the majority of the O MY ASSPULL memes I see misinterpret it as Hisoka suddenly realizing he can use his rubber nen instead of beseeching it.

Attached: images (58).jpg (503x609, 86K)

This is the worst.

Same type of stand in Part 3 is still worse, at least the story in Part 5 made it clear that the arrow was the end-all solution and spent a lot of time building that up. Though both parts ended up cheating us out of an actual interesting final fight so it still hurts

A fucking glass shard

Attached: untitled-331.jpg (620x355, 40K)

Dio's World was great, Gold Experience Requiem arc is just fucking stupid

Gon-san is way worse.

Route X Oshino Meme planning for our Araragi to meet Mayoi in his timeline which requires our Mayoi to make the decision that she chooses to stay Earthbound WITHOUT the Darkness somehow eating her up, have Shinobu save him and reconcile that relationship then get bored a few months and decide to time travel, only for that to fail horrendously and end up in a parallel universe where he would proceed to save Mayoi X from dying, stopping her from becoming a ghost in the first place which then causes the apocalypse for which Oshino knows Araragi is going to cause because he heard a story from the alive Mayoi about how she was saved by a guy like Araragi during her youth and Oshino knew that it was Araragi who saved her and so he wrote her a letter to give to our Araragi to tell him to deal with the alternate Kiss-shot under the presumption that they would at some point run into eachother in the future after everything has gone to shit and he has committed suicide with Yozuru and Kaiki trying to stop Kiss-shot.

I know the author died so the anime had to cobble an ending together, but the last season of Tsukaima had easily the worse case I've ever seen.
>Steal a jet from a US air base
>Instantly know how to pilot it
>Fly into the eclipse that happens to be going on that second
>Magically end up in the exact correct spot the big battle is going on in
>Beat the bad dude in one hit
>Go back to Japan like he didn't just commit an international incident
>Oh hi mom. I haven't seen you in a few years but here's my extra dimensional wife, you understand right?
I get isekai plot armor but damn, that some extra level of bullshit.

Dio's World had lots of good moments like the knives and the heart stopping but after the initial reveal of the ability with Kakyoin getting donuted, I wondered how the fuck Jotaro was going to win against time stop and was excited to see where it would go. It was disappointing when the solution to the problem just ended up being "I can stop time too." Actually, that in itself might have not been so bad because you can guess that's what would happen the first moment Jotaro twitches in the stopped time, but my main gripe is that after Jotaro fully stops time on his own, Dio goes down in two hits without any techniques or strategy implemented besides Dio using his leg blood as pocket sand, which completely fails immediately anyway. So in that sense, I think Dio's World had the potential to be an incredible final fight and its moments make it enjoyable to watch regardless, and in contrast GER in its current form had no potential since it exists only as an "I win" button.

Attached: 5105651463.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

By then, the anime had deviated from the original source so much they couldn't really use the endgame villains the author had planned, so they had to bullshit that part.

Attached: Nanika_-_145.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

Not one of the worst, but certainly the most annoying plot device

Attached: Yuria_calendar.jpg (454x600, 45K)