Like anime

>like anime
>realize anime I like is popular
>have to stop liking it

Attached: 1512569632531.jpg (349x349, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uilJZZ_iVwY
youtu.be/ESGu918hxoo
youtu.be/ZDjmW-gIsKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why? It's not like you talk to anyone so they'll find out

I talk to myself

Maybe you should murder yourself then

Ashita No Blow is fucking shit.

Attached: ashita_no_jo_tomorrow_s_joe_tv_series-721963690-large.jpg (300x400, 30K)

> watch x anime
> think its the best anime ever

Friend : have you seen tokyo ghoul.
Me : season 2 is shit.. Have you seen (x) anime?
Friend : NO, never heard of it.
Me: .... guess (x) wasn't that great.

maybe if your taste wasnt so bland and you werent such a trend following normalfag that wouldnt be the case.

This.

Your self absorbed ego is so out of this fucking world, it's embarrassing.

Not only is anime and manga extremely popular, but there is nothing that makes you worth more as a person for reading or watching obscure shows.

You're wallowing in a community hobby and trying to pretend like it's a unique identity.

Go outside, make real connections and get real beliefs and values.

Grow up.

You took OPs bait seriously, so you’re not in a much better position than he is.

I've been here long enough to know it's a common mentality to have, and it needs to be said more.

i dont get your logic

You don't need to let hordes of retarded fans affect your enjoyment of the anime itself.

>these "people" actually exist
>they never realize that they're even more of an NPC than the people they're trying not to be lumped in with

Attached: 1452546630484.png (1280x720, 853K)

Well if that is how you feel then do consider necking yourself because you're not welcome in reality.

>like a girl from a show
>people start posting pictures of their feet until it winds up embodying the entire character's identity
>wtf I hate this girl now

>like anime
>hear someone talk about it
>drop it and/or stop liking it
Every time.

Just shows that you have shit taste.
Anything popular is shit taste.

>Go outside

You're right about him, but damn, don't say such nasty things.

Attached: 1461623632596.png (226x294, 14K)

>Dislike anime
>Find out everyone thinks it's awful too
>Now love it

Attached: z64hngqrqfpy.png (1280x720, 540K)

I hate this mentality so much.

Attached: 1445708053178.png (617x456, 216K)

I thought Season 2 was really good, it was Season 3 that was the weakest season to me.
Based

I like NGE, Cowboy Bebop and Ghibli movies, and I'll still like them even if 7 billion people do. Don't fall for the contrarian meme OP.

>hate mentality
>notice user hates it as well
>have to start liking it
I'm sorry.

Haha you're a like cuck.

This. Except I hate NGE, but I agree with your general point.

>like some "obscure" (not really) manga
>Get anime
>It's popular now
>Talk about it with another people
>Weeb socialization success

Oh no, what now? People will know that I like animation and some weird manga!
user, when you work and pay your bills, you can say you like anything that's legal.
And if people don't like it, that's not your problem.
This way you will attract people who has more alignment with your way of thinking, if they don't like anime.
It's way more easy right now, because japanese media is way too spread and more accepted with Westerns. I mean, everyone with the range of 15~30 had some contact with anime.

Attached: 1554171162457.gif (600x800, 122K)

Mark Twain said, whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Because majority never can be right.

>like anime/manga/LN
>some niggerfaggot either shits on it for shit and giggles i.e. (You)'s or objectively criticizes a small part of it
>my interest in said anime/manga/LN plummets

Attached: help.png (701x400, 373K)

It's the exact opposite, mongoloid.

>No Elon thread :(

>ignorantly liking popular anime
You're supposed to check first.

Why are you a like cuck?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Mob Psycho 100 - 12 [720p][F1CB4504]-[11.29.021-12.21.824]-audio-[00.00.000-00.52.813].w (1280x720, 2.27M)

Have you tried continuing to like an anime because you appreciate it on a level that nobody else seems willing to engage on or even comprehend?

>don't like anime
>realize anime I don't like is unpopular
>have to start liking it

And that's how Kakugo No Susume became my favorite anime.

>contrarianism=Yea Forums
>following trends=reddit
which should i be doing

i can kind of understand why some people here act that way. Whenever I see everyone constantly rubbing a show in my face and constantly going on about how it's the best thing ever does make me grow a distaste for it, even if I haven't watched the show yet. Though people changing their opinion on a show after it became popular is childish.

>have an opinion
>realise someone from reddit or tumblr has an opinion
>can no longer have that opinion

Attached: 1519440190039.gif (340x384, 2.82M)

Neither

>forming your own opinions like a human being with an actualized self=what you should be doing
And let's be honest, Yea Forums is contrarianism too.

contrarianism is Yea Forums in general

You all criticize OP in this thread, but whenever you unironically say the word “normalfag”, you endorse the same mindset OP has.

It's the mentality that guides a lot of retards on 3x3 threads.

I mean, there's a difference between not wanting normalfags in your hobby and not wanting normalfags in your forum. I certainly wouldn't want normalfags coming here and getting triggered by loli threads on here even if I'm happy that more people are enjoying anime at large.

>hating normalfags
>hating something because normalfags like it
Two very different mindsets, you're just low IQ.

This place is already normalfaggot HQ. Too many non-volcels shitting up the place

>volcels
you are part of the problem

Underrated.
Yea Forums is one of the worst boards and only Yea Forums and /pol/ are as bad.

More like this place is crossboarder HQ, we've got a big problem with Yea Forumsermin and /pol/tards, and also your miserable sort coming over here like you belong. At least robots aren't as bad as /pol/tards I guess

Attached: 1555440584569.png (694x693, 366K)

>noncels

It does though. It at least means I have better tastes.

What if you hate good things?

If you don't have violent sex sessions with your waifu everyday for the purpose of procreation you don't belong here.

Attached: die.png (332x435, 85K)

Fuck off with your Fagbook memes, you fucking normalshit

>likes breathing
>everybody is doing it
>time to stop

If your goal in life is to be an interesting person you've got problems, son.

fuck you kirby, goddamn borb

>Justan Beiber was popular
>Jersey Shore was popular
>Twilight was popular
I rest my case.

>community hobby

Attached: 1529311811556.jpg (1280x802, 403K)

Same, my friend.
Normalfaggots ruin everything.
Fuck them.

>Breathing is popular
I rest my case.

>Breathing is a necessity
>Eating is a necessity
>Sleeping is a necessity

the world is divided between sheep and goats
sheep always follow the herd
goat always go against the herd
goat comes up with an innovation (anime)
sheep first will reject it
later the goat obtain sufficient amount of benefit from it (in terms of enjoyment) that it is either
A) adopted by sheep
B) ignored by sheep
C) assimilated by sheep
Sheep will rather assimilate it to their level rather than adapting to it, and they can't ignore it if it's big enough to render a large goat audience ever-present.

they assimilate the innovation and the market targets the lowest common denominator

goat now looks for new innovations that they may excel at
why? because if the goat has a beneficial innovation that others don't have, he will have more likelihood of having a higher social standing
it's the evolutionary stable strategy of culture
sheep don't want innovations that are negative
goats want to get ahead of others

goats will always chase innovation
sheep will always chase trends that come from goats using innovation and reaping benefit

in other words:
FUCK NORMALFAGGOTS
FUCK ANTI-ELITISTS
FUCK NETFLIX

Tard logic.

I miss goat threads.

Attached: Goat hijack lol.png (500x368, 331K)

>browse Yea Forums
>it’s filled with kissless virgins
>now have to find a gf and have sex

Attached: 5666F898-35BF-45D7-8149-B309F5B512F7.png (494x461, 430K)

Yea Forums meetup

Attached: revel.png (491x114, 3K)

>post on Yea Forums
>people call me a normalfag and that I only like popular stuff
>talk to anyone irl
>nobody's heard of half the stuff I mention and they call me a hipster

>hipster
that still a thing?

>half the stuff
>not all the stuff
normalfag

this
if you're talking to a normalscum and they're like "LOL!!! I know Attack on Titan xd" you've failed

It's mostly "dude have you watched Attack on Titan or One Punch man?" and I say no and they stop talking to me.

maybey you should say yes/

But that would be a lie, user.

then watch them and then say yes.

what’s the point in being elitist about chinese cartoons?

The first mindset gives rise to the second. If I don’t like normalfags, then I do not want to be/be seen as a normalfag. If I don’t want to be seen as a normalfag, then I want to show people that I am unique and have non-normalfag taste, i.e. don’t like things that normalfags like.
This is fair, but I think most anons would call anyone with generic/trendy taste in anime a normalfag even if they conform to board culture in other aspects. Take for example.

why haven't you seen OPM? it's fun
Attack on Boredom is an anime you should NOT watch in any case, yeah

Explained here

I still don’t see the point in being elitist about lowbrow entertainment

>like anime because of certain aspects of it
>realize anime becomes popular because majority likes the aspects you didn't or misunderstand them or even misread some major plot points
>can't bring yourself to like it anymore

Attached: 1532935726462.jpg (599x435, 54K)

I'm animecel, idolcel and neetcel

Being elitist about anything makes me feel special, different, and better than everyone else.

Everybody is shitting on OP like if this board didn't suddenly start hating on certain works because le reddit bogeyman also likes it after getting an adaptation

Attached: red-pills.jpg (1200x800, 805K)

Enjoy being lonely, stubborn, embittered, narrow minded, opinionated, closed off and self righteous with all that super useful pride you got going there.

Attached: 964297.jpg (1920x1080, 2.25M)

>like anime
>criticize the bad aspects of it
>fanbase of same anime calls you a shitposter
>point out more flaws about the anime
gets incomprehensible replies
>still like anime but not so much now

I have experinced that so many times. Liking a work doesn't mean that you can't point out the flaws on it.

i will never understand this mindset

If you had better taste, you'd be discussing classical literature, not children's cartoons.

then there's this tryhard

>The first mindset gives rise to the second.
It can if you're a fucking idiot

When did we get overrun with people like this?
Blatant attempts to fit in now fill this shithole. Yea Forums has it worse, since videogames have really gotten popular in the last decade.

Attached: its an angel.jpg (1124x1120, 479K)

Since 2011 when this board started talking the anime snob elitist persona way too seriously

Ironically a lot of the sarcastic shit we used to play around with and pretend to be became a sad reality when people forgot to take off the persona, or thought they were in good company.

>hate anime
>realize that everybody hates anime
>start liking it
And that's how I watched all of Black Clover

It's the opposite for me.

Attached: tv shows hate.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>The first mindset gives rise to the second
Not necessarily, and the point was that they are two separate mindsets
>If I don’t like normalfags, then I do not want to be/be seen as a normalfag
Again not necessarily, if i hate nazis i won't necessarily stop doing something because people can potentially see me as one.
>If I don’t want to be seen as a normalfag, then I want to show people that I am unique and have non-normalfag taste
Not only this a very retarded point but your argument is a logical fallacy.

Oh, it gets worse. For every anime/movie/book/game you like there's somewhere in the world someone absolutely repulsive who likes it as well. That person is ugly, pathetic, annoying, stupid, and unsuccessful. And you like the same thing as he does. And that means you're the same as him. Except that person is actually you.

Yea Forums in nutshell

Attached: btfo.jpg (694x693, 38K)

more like Yea Forums but ok

>Japanese Japanese Japanese Japanese Japanese Japanese Japanese Japanese

lmao

this desu
if people shit on a show I just start to post more of it

Same shit but ok

A lot of people on this board unironically behave like this and it's terribly cringe

>see that Yea Forums is constantly bashing an anime
>watch it
>actually like it
it never fails

Attached: 1502230669987.png (812x806, 797K)

You are right about OP but has to let his gigantic ego self-absorb him even kore in order to become an artist, then he will become HIM and nothing else

That's just retarded.

>having severe autism
>being contrarian

it's you're own fault, nerd

>most of the thread is everyone shitting on OP
>when this board acts the same 99% of the time
I have lost count of how many manga suddenly became "reddit" and "shit" because they got popular, and the threads were ruined forever because they got full of contrarian fucks and mentally ill residents that derailed them every single time. At least OP is being honest about it.

Attached: 1495214699842.png (950x1050, 956K)

>manga
There you have, purposely surrounded yourself with hipsters

That usually happens when a manga gets an anime adaptation because animeonlies are the worst kind of cancer. People whose ratio of anime:manga is more than 2:1 (which I've seen in those threads where people spam their MALs) shouldn't be allowed to post on Yea Forums.

>threads where people spam their MALs
wut?

Too bad, mine is something like 100:1

I just hope this place never becomes Yea Forums and at least we can keep enjoying anime until the end.
The moment liking anime will be mocked here then it will be time to let it die.

You kill yourself you anti-antisocialfag. You normalfags trying to act tough but at the end you realize how parasitic your shitty life still is

>like Yea Forums
>realize I'm on a Yea Forumstier thread
>have to stop liking it

Happens occasionally but they're usually deleted quickly.

I have a degree in film. I need to explain this to you so you understand what’s wrong with what you wrote.

Imagine art is a pyramid. All art, from film, to television, to anime, art in general. Most people are near the bottom of the pyramid. The most accessible art is down there. Things for children and beginners. When you have a bit of knowledge you can use effort to work your way up the pyramid.

Most people never get far but if you don’t study, you don’t have the tools you need to make your way up the pyramid. The art at the top is inaccessible to beginners.

Take two film examples. I dunno, Captain Marvel, the new one, you know ... Shazam. There’s a bad guy, there’s a good guy, you expect the good guy will win, they fight. It’s straightforward and simple. Nothing complicated.
youtu.be/uilJZZ_iVwY

Then take something like The Color of Pomegranates
youtu.be/ESGu918hxoo

You’ve got to reach for it. This isn’t a film you show to people right out of the gate. This is a film you’ve got to be well educated to watch. Most people will hate it. It’s higher up on the pyramid.

Same with anime. There are many you’ve really got to reach for. The reason people here hate entry level shit is it’s entry level. There’s a huge leap a fan has to make to go from
Naruto
To A Country Doctor
youtu.be/ZDjmW-gIsKs

There’s nothing wrong with hating entry level anime or entry level fans. They’re down there on the bottom of the pyramid when many of us would rather talk about shows higher up.

>degree in film
Fucking kek.

It is pretty annoying when something you like gets really popular and the threads get filled with smooth brain shitposters

Based

>degree in film
i thought it's gay or slutty to openly admit you like sucking cock, user.

Attached: 1549046387720.png (584x441, 256K)