Evangelion thread

>tfw forgot what even happened in rebuild 2 and 3

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 07 [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][3FAF8818].mkv_snapshot_03.13_[2019.04.1 (1440x1080, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soranews24.com/2015/04/02/evangelion-creator-hideaki-anno-opens-up-about-his-latest-bout-with-depression-movie-delays/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rebuild doesn't matter anyways.

Attached: 1550697653869.png (544x500, 339K)

Rebuild 2 is NGE but more generic.
Rebuild 3 is NGE but with less cohesion.

>it’s 2019 and no Rebuild 4
>new Eva fans thanks to Netflix will watch the series then some will drop it but will talk about it for internet cred because of memes
>spoilers up the ass because people in social media can’t help themselves begging for attention

Hopefully new dub won’t be trash.
Oh yeah,
>Netflix can’t ‘afford’ old dub rights despite millions watching it for nostalgia as well

I wish i were you user, i wish i could delete the rebuilds from my memory

>watching dubs

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion - 26' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][84BEB803] (1920x1080, 284K)

so what was the point of mari again? she didn't do anything

Attached: 1555348410562.jpg (292x173, 43K)

>2 years between 1.0 and 2.0
>3 years between 2.0 and 3.0
>6 FUCKING YEARS between 3.0 and 4.0
Does this mean there's going to be 18 years between 4.0 and whatever they do with Eva next? I also don't understand why Anno acts like 3.0 production was so mentally taxing and stressful when it's clearly a piece of garbage that he didn't even care about.

3.0 is set to conclude the Rebuild Series.

+1.0 set to release in 2020.

That's why I said "whatever they do with Eva next" instead of 5.0 or something.

eh I think the new dub could be fine
translations are never to be considered something sacred, foreign literature gets a fuckton of translations and more the most part they try to make it better with each one
I think this could be a good opportunity to perhaps fix some translation errors

>Misato will never be your horny big sister who jacks you off to sleep at night and lets you play with her tits

Mari was best fighter

>soranews24.com/2015/04/02/evangelion-creator-hideaki-anno-opens-up-about-his-latest-bout-with-depression-movie-delays/
anno is kind of a massive bitch tbqh.

Attached: just what you'd expect from the master mr anno.jpg (624x480, 56K)

I don't know what cultural impact you are talking about, but I haven't felt it.

It was one of those anime that brought people to the medium. I bet Robin Williams got into it cus of TV broadcasts.

>I bet Robin Williams got into it cus of TV broadcasts
you can't possibly believe this.

rebuild 2
>Shinji goes chad mode and has girls cooking for him
>almost kills asuka
>tries to save Rei but starts another impact like that one in the arctic

Rebuild 3
>wakes up it's the future everyone's mad at him, no explanation just everyone is pissed
>pilots don't age because plot curse
>Misato puts a bomb on Shinji and says she'll kill him if he gets out of line
>he gets out of line and she doesn't kill him
>new rei no memories
>Shinji walks around ruins for 40mins to give rei books
>talks to Kaworu
>gay piano moments
>turns out you have to play gay piano to pilot this eva
>Shinji finds Toji's shirt out of all of the clothes he could have found
>Kaworu puts Shinji's bomb on himself to build trust
>Asuka shows up
>Kaworus head explodes from conservative right wing anti gay agenda and bombs
>Shinji's a bitch and Asuka drags him by the arm like one
>Rei follows them because why not

And that's the story so far. We never did get to find out what happened to Gendo's donkey though.

Attached: 1382923433316.jpg (1280x720, 274K)

Damn accurate, sad thing is that's not even a shitpost
2.0 was fine what the fuck happened

She still jobs all her fights.
Had to self-destruct in her first one, and puts up a flashier fight against Zeruel because of beast mode (which is even more pointless than Mari is), but accomplishes nothing, and in 3.0 she exists to be Asuka's support and nothing else.

3.0 was just bad, the shit thing is that fagfags and musicartsfags latched onto it pretty hard. So if you don't like 3.0 it isn't because of it's poor narrative, horrible pacing, and disregard for character development. It's because you are too ignorant and have too small of an IQ to understand the deep messages the music convey and are a homophobe. The only reason you like 2.0 is because it feeds the male power fantasy since it's full of battles, and has girls fighting over a man and cooking for him.

>2DEEP4U

Did you read what I wrote? I was saying that is what people say who defend 3.0. 3.0 sucks was my first statement.

I guess anno intention is to make the viewer as clueless as shinji in 3.0 (tho this will cause problem for 4.0 because you have to explain the events that happen in 3.0). tho what I find interesting in the rebuild is that shinji statue is different from his anime counterpart. He is important to seele somehow and his battle is in the dead sea scroll. (not to mention the fact that shinji has awaken an eva that resemble one of the 4 adams out of his own will and kaworu weird dialogue). seem suspicious.