Why is isekai so hated

i liked everything so far except overlord after s1, re:zero and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

Attached: 56289325_422512184960601_9197890914750169951_n.jpg (480x480, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AdBlz2og5IA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Captain Chuck Jones of the Saint Winnebago.png (759x548, 377K)

>Not liking Overlord S2

user, I...

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (451x498, 94K)

Because it’s not easy to accept the fact you love awful series. It's just a denial phase. First you hate it, but then you’ll enjoy "I reincarnated as a polarbear/vendingmachine/bath" like there is no tomorrow

what's the deal with the metroid posting?

because there's hardly any popular fantasy series that AREN'T isekai. It's like having a huge soda machine with lots of selections but you can only choose the diet or zero calorie versions.

lol fatass

because it's just fuel for the delusional fantasies of the average and pathetic otaku, shameless escapism

DIET SODA ONLY MAKES YOU FATTER

Attached: 1554575242710.png (970x542, 257K)

Because all of them are shit, and you just haven't eaten enough of it to realize that.

Not anime.

He's been posting screenshots of old games on various threads after the chuuni 3dpd JAV thread he made got deleted.

First you think they are good
Then you realize they are all shit and hate it
And finally you accept you love shit

Because its all been done before. Studio's keep shitting out isekai because they believe it to be a proven formula that will sell the show. Gotta justify the cost of hiring idols to sing the OP and ED and voice the girls, pay for the producer's cocaine, and still have a few pennies left over to pay for the animator's and writer's weekly rice ration while still turning a massive profit.

People hate isekai because they are the proof that modern anime has been reduced to a corporate product with no heart or soul, just formulaic nonsense that exists to peddle merch and serve as a subsidiary to the idol industry.

>I like all isekai except the good ones
user...

See I think it's less outright people hating Isekai specifically and more people hating how route all the modern attempts are. It's almost always some flavor of "NEET GETS REINCARNATED AFTER A TRUCK HITS THEM AND GOES TO DRAGON QUEST WHERE THEY GET OP POWERS AND A HAREM FOR NO REASON." And then nothing really happens for a dozen volumes of LN trash.

Isekai as a genre is older than animation itself and there have been plenty of good stand out examples. But these examples typical remember that they're there to tell a story, with a clear objective, character personalities and development. Maybe some romance or tragedy. SOMETHING that actually engages the viewer/reader beyond the same old copy pasted crap.

What people hate isn't isekai, what people hate is boring, lazy copy pasted genre copying.

Attached: esca.jpg (1552x873, 334K)

>re:zero and overlord
>good
user...

isekai is plenty old but the flood of isekais with dumb vrmmo mechanics and/or generic MC's just makes me vomit.

I would enjoy Isekai if it was varied. Or something like pic related.

Attached: isekaidoneright.jpg (672x372, 184K)

Inuyasha was a decent isekai

Attached: well.png (640x480, 464K)

It at least remembered it was an adventure story and wasn't set in a video game.

Isekai always resolve around power trip and harem. From those two fronts these novels fail a lot. Harem is never what the terms means but just being popular, with awkwardness ensues on top. Power trip, is not about mc going egomaniac but the journey they take from a nobody to king or veteran warrior with a mix of politics. Whatever these mc do, it will always fall unrealistic and any fantasy mc can do better as they have years of active life in their world.

You must be special to never be bothered how such basic common logic are twisted so the useless mc can be portrayed as the embodiment of virtues.

The escapism is so intense that it makes the plot suffer.

It was a Rumiko series, that makes it a special kind of awful.

Because it deprives us of an interesting protag for the sake of catering to self-inserter wish fulfillment.

harems are annoying because they're perpetual cockblocks. you either have an annoying asexual or an annoyingly unaware protag constantly ignoring the advances of all these women who love him for no apparent reason, and nothing ever comes of any of it. it's just a waste of time that makes the protag less relatable and gives us nothing of value

Because it's poorly made on ever level.
It never has good story, never has good world building, never has good characters, and never has good fights opting instead for being OP to make them go quicker.
It's a genre designed solely to be cheap SAO knockoffs

based

counterexample: panty & stockings. It works because panty isn't out for love at all, but just wants to fuck. And that's literally the trick to do harems the right way. Otherwise all you get is mexican fucking soup opera.

Attached: 12324443280.jpg (1200x863, 225K)

You will understand when you hit puberty.

Because Isekai turned from Fantasy/Adventure in another world into a Video Game bullshit in another World

Attached: 1555764749818.jpg (1079x1063, 141K)

>and both are equally shit

is there an isekai to the future instead of medieval world? so the MC have to adapts to the new shit in the new world instead of introducing new shit to the old world

Attached: tea.jpg (450x360, 154K)

Urashiman

I blame the whole thing on it being NEET fantasy. At some point we went from main characters who had to toughen up and grow across their adventure to lazy gamer nerds who don't have to change because they got mad gamer skills and know how genre conventions work. Because all fantasy worlds need to run on the same logic as dragon quest.

>to lazy gamer nerds who don't have to change because they got mad gamer skills and know how genre conventions work
This. Holy fuck, even the amount of times I've seen RPG elements get shoved into so many new fantasy anime/manga is mind-numbing and isekai shit is to blame.

Seriously, this is gonna make me sound /tg/ as fuck but the very idea of the heroes bumming around a fucking ADVENTURES GUILD just makes me furious.

>we went from main characters who had to toughen up and grow across their adventure
when did we ever a decent series like get this
(re:zero was garbage)

>hating on grimgar
you're a faggot

How old do you think this genre is?

Attached: Magic Knight Rayearth Ep10 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.28_[2018.06.07_06.54.33].jpg (960x720, 106K)

so it's not the genre that's bad, it's the "game mechanics" aspect.

you should add: except shield hero
>edgy lord with a loli harem sucks

No. You could probably even do a solid game mechanics one. The problem is how lazy most writers are with this. It's the current copy paste genre where authors just follow the same plot structure with superficial differences.

The problem with a lot of modern isekai is that they start as self-published web novels. So you get authors writing their blatant wish fulfillment stories without the benefit of an editor or anybody to give them advice. So you get these stories where the MC is a secret demigod and throngs of girls instantly fall in love with him. They're extremely derivative, often with overt video game mechanics and generic adventurer's guilds. Then, when they become popular enough to get picked p for a LN, manga or anime adaptation, they're not going to deviate much from the generic source material for fear of losing the audience that came with it.

Watch some REAL isekai, you pleb

Attached: 50859.jpg (225x318, 22K)

Its a dime a dozen genre with no real innovation. The best stand-out Isekai are still only 7/10 anime. You can pick up any random isekai and you will already know the plot, premise, and possibly jokes of 2/3 of any other Isekai you read.

I think there's a big issue with LN stuff in general. Very little of it is written with a real story in mind so much as just a means to keep the series running for as long as possible. So you basically get 20+ something volumes of books with about maybe 8's worth of actual meaningful content. This gets doubly bad when they start turning them into anime which end just as the basic introductions are done.

i like this isekai

isekino is the best anime genre. every show is at least a 8/10 comfy as hell.

Inuyasha is a tensei not an isekei.

Sucks to be them I guess.
I am personally able to enjoy almost any isekai coming out on any given season while at the same time watching other shows. The fact that it makes some people angry enough to make daily threads shitting on them its just the cherry on top.

Attached: 1379646742832.png (1600x900, 1.33M)

>eyes the size of her skull
yeah i can already tell this one's a miss

>Fate fag has shit taste

Nice, you got those right. Overlord is highly criticized for being ass after S1 and Re;Zero is for being annoying and repetitive, especially with Subaru being 1 annoying fuck. Probably resonates with losers who cry like little shits though.

Isekai is loved. Reason they keep releasing them. It's like a bandwagon thing on the forums to hate them recently but you notice that a lot of these people will still watch them and then proceed to talk about them. Why watch it if it's so bad? They're probably hiding in the closet.

People exaggerate, they treat the whole isekai genre like if was 80% of current anime airing but at best you get like 2 shows every season most of the time.

Attached: Dr2S6W2W4AAMhjM.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

The fact that we get two shows a season and they're all so similar is still a lot. Remember when Rakudai and Calvary aired at the same time? And just before that we got Blade Dance? It's the same shit.

hope you enjoy summer season when there's going to be 3 isekai airing at the same time :^)

Isekai was so popular LN publishers banned the shit from their contests because every stupid fucking faggot was sending them their DONUT STEEL jrpg isekai and they all blended together into one isekai amalgamation that was indistinguishable from each other. The ones that make it to an actual animu were the ones with enough of a gimmick or cast to actually gain distinct sentience.

Yeah, but the ones that started as webnovels amplify that problem. Some salarayman works himself to death or gets trucked and then an explicit god just shows up to hand him omnipotence. The he just starts wandering around and the generic webnovel isekai world as women collect themsevles for him and his biggest driving force is inventing onions sauce or eating rice again. Maybe there's a demon lord because if it's not MMO it's Dragon Quest, but that doesn't matter because MC just blows them out into irrelevence without breaking a sweat and goes back to wandering.

Saturation, too many similar works surfaced at the same time which lead to saturate the market so people started to hate it.

When people pretend to know what they're talking about. Let's all laugh at this guy.

Reading any isekai lately? I started Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension but it seems fucking shit so far, does it get any better?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Killing Bites - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.14_[2018.09.11_23.36.52].jpg (1280x720, 239K)

It's always the goddess reincarnation bit that gets me. Whatever happened to good old fashioned magical portals and summoning rituals. Whatever happened to the characters being handed a quest or actually working to find a way home?

BASED

>didn't like Grimgar
Grimgar was good, just a little slow paced. I still need to read the novels even though I bought them all.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD SOMETHING WITH THAT TITLE GET BETTER!? The fuck is wrong with you. Retard.

I'm like 3 volumes in. I'm enjoying it, i'm just worried they cant keep the charm the series has with it being over 14 volumes

Grimgar was an amazing low-power isekai where characters actually died when they were killed.
I think it was about to turn a terrible corner where he asspulled the luckiest boss kill ever and the party got rich as all fuck though.

Are you ok Sir?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.35_[2018.09.14_21.31.16].jpg (1280x720, 76K)

I don't know if it matters later on in the series because I haven't read the books but from what the anime covered, I'd almost think this wasn't meant to be isekai at all. You could easily rework the protagonists to be lower class citizens or refugees who are forced into this shit rather than people from our world.

Attached: Grimgar Ashes and Illusions - 01 (BD 720p Hi10 AAC) [158C8EA6].mkv_snapshot_21.21_[2019.02.21_07.59. (1280x720, 152K)

No trucked Tarou ever cares about going back home. Reincarnation goddesses mostly exist as exposition because the writers don't have the competence to do much more than directly state it, or they don't care and just want to get straight to the power fantasy. The only time goddess even matters going forward is if she's going to be part of the harem. Otherwise, she might just pop up to provide some narrative exposition from time to time.

I don't know why they don't just write a straight fantasy and cut out the generic reincarnation/transportation opening entirely. It's not like it has any bearing on anything, and you can still have your self insert just the same. They all just want to stay in the video game, anyway.

vrmmo > isekai

all the same things, minus the edgy drama, minus the "i was reborn as a baby but lets skip 12 years into the future" bullshit, and minus the crappy "do i even want to go home?" monologues

They're the same thing. Instead of little baby timeskip you have MC having played the game before the story starts and already being maxed out. It's functionally the same thing, only they skip the part in VRMMO where the MC bought the game and was new.

I have no clue why most isekai protags have to be OP. Do people enjoy having battles with no tension?

And yet you posted a screenshot from Killing Bites?

Can an isekai have a hero's journey?
Cheat skills make shit boring to read.

>all the same things
Nope. And whatever happens inside VRMMOs literally doesn't matter, unlike in isekai.
>minus the edgy drama
And plus retarded drama of people taking a game way too fucking seriously.

Attached: ArifuretaTheCrimsonBall.png (1900x1339, 3.48M)

No, it's definitely isekai. I haven't read this far but apparently the main group go out exploring and wind up going to ANOTHER another world and spend several volumes trying to get back, although I think they keep the memories they had this time. No idea where the story is going though.

Not him but I unironically think Arifureta is a great isekai. Especially because the MC goes from being hyper edgy to being mostly normal again over the course of his journey. Although I am kind of annoyed that he barely struggles with anything other than managing his harem after a certain point. It makes his character less interesting.

>what happens inside VRMMO doesn't matter
>people taking a game way too fucking seriously
You immediately contradicted yourself...if it doesn't matter then why do people take it seriously?
>MC having played the game before
This is another reason vrmmo-based series are better than generic isekai: the protag almost never picks the optimal class, and instead uses unconventional means to succeed.

>if it doesn't matter then why do people take it seriously?
That's exactly what makes them so bad.

>that's what makes it bad
No, it doesn't. You just decided that on your own.

AT least in the mexican soap operas they bang and when someone makes a confession of love the author won’t pull some shit like
>huh I was asleep

>Alright you primitive screw heads, listen up! You see this? This...is my BOOMSTICK!

>Can an isekai have a hero's journey?
Yes. Many times. Rayearth and Escaflowne are Campbell to a T.

Attached: Magic Knight Rayearth Extra ED2 Clean [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.23_[2018.08.01_06.45.02].jpg (960x720, 131K)

Even though I always say I hate it I'm pretty sure I read all the braindead isekais out there. Thinking takes effort and I'm too lazy.

Modern isekai is amateurish even for weeb media, it's derivative even for weeb media, it's ever present nowadays, and it's unbelievably popular. Even if it weren't mostly garbage, the fact it's so popular would make us want to hate it out of spite.

Unless you're miserable enough to like naked wish fulfillment hooked to your veins in the exact same way with a different packaging, you're going to rankle at it a bit.

Because it's an overused plot device that we have seen done poorly too many times that even when done well for most people the foul taste of seeing it done wrong is hard to get rid of.

And for those of us that like isekai it's the exact opposite, we have seen it used effectively and in interesting ways enough times that even for the generic and boring ones we appreciate it for what it is.

are isekai even bad? sure, some no-name run off the mill isekai with an OP protagonist given god powers is boring, except to laugh at how bad the first chapters of the manga are sometimes. but adapted, reputable isekai with a twist and a nice fantasy setting to go with it with the only minor addition of having a stat display and levels, distinguishing it then from regular fantasy? only a hateful anime and game hater who dismisses a genre because they cannot appreciate the reference to classic dragon quest would hate it. these people cannot be called a true gamer let alone a cultured weeb otaku unlike us, patrician isekai appreciators.

The VRMMO has as much story value as a twitch stream. A guy wins the game, good for him, he loses ok. It doesn’t matter.

It's fine as long as you admit it is shit and don't try to trick people into thinking it is high art.
I love watching brain dead non ecchi harem anime but you don't see me pretending they are good.

Truck-kun gives amateur authors a direct audience surrogate and a direct genre flag. It's the easiest way to say "this is an isekai" and then get eyes.

There are a fair bit of summon types though.

Killing Bites is like Mad Bull 34; pure sleaze. You put some respect on it.

Watch something with an Alpha and get called self insert wish fulfillment.
Watch something with a loser, get called self inserting.
Watch a harem, get called self inserting.
Watch a normal romance, get called self inserting.
Watch drama, get called edgy self insert.
Watch something with a hero, get called self insert.
Watch Yaoi, get called gay self insert.
Watch shonen, get called self insert shonen fag.
Watch idols, get called idolfag destroying the industry.
Watch anime at all, gets called escapism.

Anyone else notice this pattern yet?

Don't ever disrespect MadBull 34 like that.
Ever.

Death March is the worst isekai I've ever seen. Other than that I think I've at least been able to make it through all the other ones.

So we can talk all day and night about which isekai are good and get differring opinions.
But is there an Isekai that we can all agree is the absolute worst trash with no reedemable qualities?

Self-hating weebs shitting on everything that makes them, them.

We know. We get it.
Its very quaint.

Never liked that either. If people can't put themselves in the same shoes as the MC then the story is shit.

user no matter what you like there is always be someone that hates you for liking it.
It's ignoring this people will truly let you enjoy what you like.

Unless you self-insert in a genderbender of the opposite sex as yours, then you are just a tranny in denial.

>But is there an Isekai that we can all agree is the absolute worst trash with no reedemable qualities?
Shield hero?
Goblin Slayer?

the west has not felt the soul crushing way of life of the east yet, thus wish fulfillment is seen as a attack to their very being due to unknown facts.
As a genre, its complete harmless if a bit on the lower end of the barrel, alas it will become the new thing in the anime industry and it will get shit on by normalfags.

Would be an interesting take but unlikely to happen. Putting the MC at a big disadvantage like that would ruin the isekai power fantasy.

Attached: 1537422655806.gif (846x549, 259K)

b-but that's exactly what I like user

isekai smartphone is easily a trillion times worse, feels like the writer was purposely making it as generic as it can possibly be

GS is not isekai
goddamn nigger

I'm sorry you had to find out this way. But as long as you enjoy it you have my full support, you mentally ill degenerate.

>Shield Hero
>Bad
twitter tranny get the fuck out

Modern isekai as a genre is bad because it overwhelmingly pushes out generic shit that has no effort put into it whatsoever.

There are good/decent isekai out there, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

I have nothing against isekai, I just want people to stop trying to tell me it's good or "this one is unique". Realize you're eating hot trash and own up to it

>not wanting to be the little girl
newfag

It's Native Isekai you retard.

Yeah that one is pretty shit. I just couldn't handle Death March though because the stupid chink wouldn't open his fucking eyes.

I feel like shit really went to shit when we started invented bullshit terms like this

Rather than just Isekai it's all of the recent fantasy LN trash. The only good ones were Konosuba and Log Horizon Season 1. Everything else is mediocre at best but mostly shit.

No because Shield Hero has an open fan-base, as does Goblin Slayer.
I mean something that you actually have to look hard for someone that likes it while everyone else agrees is shit.

Why is it always newfags that read few mainstream isekai like Konosuba or Overlard that complain the loudest?

Fuck off you native nigger faggot scum, i won't let you shite discord psy ops work on bait threads
nigger
GS is not isekai nigger

I'm just making a point of the fanbase you faggot.

>native isekai
There's a word for that, it's called "fantasy".
jesus fuck how retarded people have become.

based

Attached: i'm gonna say the N word.png (725x469, 285K)

>be classic DnD fantasy
>get called "native isekai"

Attached: 1545939157097.gif (540x540, 2.67M)

>why is isekai so hated
the fantasy genre is no longer a thing now. it's either isekai or native isekai.

mago and smartphone are even more irredeemable, even then there might be 2 anons who like it. I can't remember worse ones right now.

>be Tolkeinesqe fantasy
>get called D&D fantasy
>D&D fantasy gets called native isekai
I bet Bigby was behind this

Attached: gandalf.png (250x250, 14K)

Smartphone is probably near the bottom, I'd agree with that one.

It's hated because most people are retards who only watch the anime.
Isekai works a lot better in manga or LN.

>Fuck off you native nigger faggot scum, i won't let you shite discord psy ops work on bait threads
>nigger
>imagine being this buttblasted over your series being considered a native Isekai

Attached: lol.gif (400x224, 3.25M)

Smartphone is actually high-tier because it kept the edgy filters off and was just having fun with itself.

Attached: dude let us in we're fairies.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

i can't believe this bait term has seriously taken hold

New chapter when?

Attached: new mc.jpg (1439x2041, 434K)

Few retards continuously spamming it doesn't mean it has taken hold.

It was retarded

Well we found 1 of the 2 retards that think this trash is good.

shut the fuck up

smartphone was a great anime in a way you can't comprehend

> drinking anything with aspartame
Enjoy your obesity and heart disease

Don't give him attention. He's been spewing his native isekai bullshit for several months now.

You know what'd make a great isekai?
An anime adaptation of Army of Darkness

Attached: army-of-darkness-bruce-campbell.jpg (1600x900, 260K)

Groovy

Attached: Ash.jpg (550x350, 86K)

People don't hate isekai, they hate mainstream isekai shows. No one gives a shit if you enjoy shitty shows, it's when people put them on a pedestal like with re:zero that people get annoyed.

GBF is technically isekai specially with how collabs are, not to mention a new world get created every time the lizard feels like it.

Is the LN finished? Don't really care about spoilers if it is.

sexplotation battle royale > battle harem > regular harem >>> battle harem that forgets it's a harem series
isekai can fit in anywhere. I don't really care as long as there's anime titty.

Attached: evil dead berserk.jpg (2185x1473, 1.45M)

>sexplotation battle royale
Could you provide an example of what kind of show you meant by this?

Sekirei? Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls? You know harem stuff that's heavy on the TnA.

Attached: Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls - 02 [720p - Bluray] [74D242D3].mkv_snapshot_02.11_[2018.06.29_16.31.23 (1280x720, 216K)

Fuck I still need to finish Sekirei. Really wack how he turned that one dude into girl.

Okay get this. Tournament battle harem where the losers have to give up part of their harem every time they lose.

Attached: gundam wait hol up.png (1214x680, 1.54M)

Maybe try Highschool DxD

like queen's blade or ikkitousen. a show that's has girls fighting just as an excuse to rip their clothes.

As far as modern isekai goes, the players in log horizon had to actually work in their world and it explored all the problems actually LIVING in an mmo world would cause. With the show becoming more around economics and politics mixed with shounen. It felt like one of the few Modern isekai that understands how mmo works rather then tacked on gamer huds and references in a fantasy world.

Literally Shitsuraken. It's bad. Don't read it.

If you want a GOOD isekai series, I have one right here.
youtu.be/AdBlz2og5IA

Slime isekai and konusuba seem fun from what I’ve seen.

That we live in an era where people think Konosuba is good just depresses me. No amount of LOL IT'S PARODY can fix that fuster cluck.

I was watching Overlord and accidentally skipped season 2. I didn't even notice until the end of season 3. Did anything even happen during season 2?

lizards mating

You might be better off just watching the Pleiades spin-off.

Oh damn. I'll go watch it now

Only the first episode of S2 was good, everything that came after was shit

They're overused.

>SHOP SMART. SHOP S-MART

Attached: es-mart.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Because they are unironically entertaining and popular for a reason have variety and fulfill people’s wishes well in a wish-fufillment medium. A good target for a lot of contrarians.

bros i fucking love isekai and i hope i go there when i die (soon)

What about reverse isekai. Where a futuristic magitech mc gets reincarnated into the "past", i.e. modern Japan.

Future mc then proceeds to wow the modern Japanese with the futuristic water pump and the ultratech toilet. He then decides to explore 2000's Japan and ends up saving a horse carriage carrying slaves from being attacked by bandits and notes how weak elemental magic is in 1999-20XX earth. In the latest chapter, futuristic mc gains favor with Japanese president Shinzo Abe for improving the production/applications of gunpowder.

>futuristic mc gains favor with Japanese president Shinzo Abe for improving the production/applications of gunpowder
Why not improving the birth rate purely by the number of his children?

People hate isekai because it is popular right now. That's it really.

>isekai is a genre

Attached: 1549697016372.png (864x720, 538K)

I hate it with all my being but it's the only thing I ever read anymore.

Attached: 1440260336458.jpg (600x600, 250K)

Honestly the show covers the best of the novels anyway. The only part I really want to see adapted is probably the pirate stuff which is a long distance from where it left off

Im pretty content with how the anime ends. No big thing is every really resolved but you can just sort of leave it at that and the big thing being that it's about the characters finding some kind of life however hard.

I'm going to tell you something. This applies to more than just isekai. If it sells well, and people like it, Yea Forums will say it's garbage. There isn't any anime that Yea Forums likes.

If you truly think that Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero are the worst of the genre you either haven't watched/read the actual bottom of the barrel isekai or are butthurt about goblin rape and false rape accusations

i finished mushoku tensei a while back, forgotten conqueror i have to catch up

Attached: 1548116404613.jpg (438x450, 48K)

VRMMO stories never make any fucking sense.

>MC starts a game
>hits level 10 killing slimes
>unlocks a zillion completely gamebreaking abilities
>obtains endgame gear from the first dungeon
>becomes invincible

One of the problems with isekai is most of them don't make use of the isekai premise in the first plac and just treat it the same as regular fantasy. Zero no Tsukaima is a counterexample of that.

This was axed for a reason

Log Horizon at least made sense with most of the main cast being at level cap to start with and marmalade actually did a decentish job of establishing some basic rules and how they can be broken, but yeah look at shit like in .hack or SAO where the MC just gets a free win button. Though in fairness I will give .hack credit for Tsukasa's guardian basically being EVIL and them doing shit with it beyond it acting as a crutch.

Attached: Log.Horizon.S02E08.720p-Hi10p.BluRay.AAC2.0-CTR.[4A9416C0].mkv_snapshot_11.52_[2018.12.12_06.55.46]. (1280x720, 248K)

Because most of the time its awful fucking plot with the barest amount of character development in a blatant wish fulfillment fantasy where at the same time the mc is either a complete edgy mcbadass or an absolutely cowardly joke of a man, both try to shoehorn retarded politics and beliefs and are self righteous to a point of insanity.
>We can't kill, or else we'd be just like them!
>"Slavery is wrong!"
>"I will save everyone! And it'll work out cause i'm the MC!"
and on the other end of the spectrum
>"BLOOD DEATH AND MURDER HAHA THE AUTHOR WAS BULLIED IN HIGHSCHOOL SO SAD FOR YOU NPCS"
>"More sex slaves for my harem thanks buddy appreciate ya"
>Yeah fuck you starving beggar on the road no one gave me anything when I was in highschool being bullied so thats just how the world works heh sure showed him"
Anything inbetween just throws it all to the wind in an effort of comedy, which can be alright.
It's ridiculous fills me with such impotent and worthless fury that I am constantly at a loss for words because of this utter garbage.

Attached: 1538909153316.png (498x483, 49K)

>If people can't put themselves in the same shoes as the MC then the story is shit.
Most stories tell a tale about someone other than you, its fine for a character to be relatable. But if you need your MC's to be blank slates so you can force yourself into a story then thats an issue.

Isekai is fucking garbage for retards and I'm so fucking glad that next generation of popular LN's have more normal fantasy than this trash.

>no one uses certain build because it's "trash"
>it's actually so good a day 1 player can instantly get to the top of server rankings
>no one decides to try build even after this happens

I wonder what kinda games people who write that shit play

>Inuyasha is a tensei

The MC did not die and reincarnate and also the fact that there was no reincarnation because of obvious plot reasons.

Attached: 2334723437.png (400x256, 63K)

cringe

I can already tell you're a gigantic faggot and a newfag to boot.

Same shitty shounen leads, same shitty tropes; different world.

ASK me more about "isekai."

You have an extremely shit taste if you think they're bad

But re zero and grimgar is good you fag

Consider the following: reverse isekai is the most redpilled type of isekai.

Attached: 1537157898470.jpg (721x719, 86K)

Okay, I'll bit. What is it if not a genre?

Consider the following: Season 2 never.

Classic heroes are rare in isekai stories they generally don't care for anyone outside of their circle
Most MC are fine with murder as soon as they get isekai'd
Almost all of them are fine with slavery, sure they might say they will treat the slave like a friend but they don't actually free them. I could count on one hand the number of times the MC abolishes it even when he's the one coming up with economic reforms and trying to modernize the economy.

Not him but it's a trait.

Kenja no mago is shit
t. an up to date on the manga

And?
>a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.
A single trait, if prominent enough in the work, shared among other works, and generally accompanying one or more sub-traits shared by other works having this trait (reincarnation, game-like elements, or any of the similar stuff that pops up in 90% of Isekai) is more than enough to characterize a genre.
Just like spy films are a genre, and it doesn't matter if the film is a comedy, drama, or action film, so long as spies are the main - or at least a prominent - element.

if konosuba is a clusterfuck to you then pretty much everything is

>game-like elements, or any of the similar stuff that pops up in 90% of Isekai
Read more isekai.

I'm not saying there aren't any isekai that break the mold, but 90% of isekai out there share at least some traits with at least some subset of existing isekai, that specifically revolves around the alternate world. That's what makes it a genre. Hell, 90% is being generous. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing, it's just what makes the genre.
There are only a very tiny handful of isekai that don't share any common traits with other isekai other than the protagonist being transported to another world.

>but 90% of isekai
As I'm saying, read more isekai.

You sure showed me. Alright, I'll confess. I was wrong and a sizeable bulk of isekai is 100% original work that doesn't at all borrow from other ise- ah, fuck it, I can't even say it with a straight face. Argue like an actual human being or go take a trip to Gensokyo

Argue what? Your delusions? Cursory search on NU shows that less than 50% Japanese isekai have game elements. Hardly a defining characteristic, don't you think?

Ah, so it's your reading comprehension that's off. Okay, I get it. I'll restate my argument in an ESL-friendly manner.
>and generally accompanying one or more sub-traits shared by other works having this trait (reincarnation, game-like elements, or any of the similar stuff that pops up in 90% of Isekai)
"One or more" means that some - up to but not necessarily including all - of the characteristics specified appear in stories that revolve around transport to other worlds. That means that the majority of isekai will contain either reincarnation, or game-like elements, or the protag being summoned as the savior of this new world, or any other common elements shared by other isekai that are not common elements of all stories at large. It does not mean that every isekai has all of these.
Just like sci-fi is a genre, and there are many elements that often appear in scifi (from lasers to aliens to spaceships to robots to dystopias), but there isn't any single element that is shared by all, or even most, sci-fi. The same goes for fantasy, spy films, and whatever other genre you can think of.
Do you understand now, ESL-kun?

I probably haven't read enough Isekai, but a thing I've seen with all the ones I'm reading right now (Mostly WN) is that the author just doesn't seem to know when to end them.
Like they finished telling the story they wanted to tell, but felt the need to keep going.
I feel this happens to the most (and is the reason I now avoid) cheat power series with harems, and genderbenders. It just ends up being very boring.

>Do you understand now, ESL-kun?
I understand very well what you're trying to do, nativenigger.

Because at the end of the day it'll get compared to the best isekai series of all time SAO and nothing can hold a candle to it.

I've read a lot of isekai lately and i try to make my own on my mind and just keep going with the story until i've gone to sleep.
>Main heroine is woman who has spent most of her life in hospitals because rare disease
>She spends most of her time reading, decent backstory for basic knowledge (not some fucking highschool engineer)
>Dies on surgery and meets a goddess which wants her to reincarnate in a world as the stories she read before
>No reason is given, she choses yes since her life was shitty
>The actual reason is to become the bride to the son of the goddess who's dealing with Demon Lord or whatever end boss i come up with
>Reincarnates as a silver haired baby, appears in temple
>Apparently is told through stories about the "bridal goddesess" who are a gift from heaven for the hero that finished great evil
>They are supposed to be treated as royalty and prosperity will come to the kingdom that did
>King also has a newborn, still haven't decided sex and heroine is going to be treated as the step sister
>Spies on kingdom tries to kidnap/kill newborn baby, haven't decide which but end up kidnapping heroine
>Huge chaos from it, tried to get her back, they ended up dropping her in forest
>Elderly magician (haven't decided sex, probably female) who was a fallen miko/priest is asked by the goddess to take care of her but not let others take her away since they already fucked up
>They do so in forest with protection of goddess (i also plan the goddess to do bits of divine interventions now and then, nothing major, just not get the heroine killed)
>She grows up a bit, something happens, probably the got found out when one of them got out of the forest for provisions, elderly dies, asks the heroine to live a decent life
>Heroine buries her and starts adventure, haven't decided age but i'd like something between 10/14 and let her grow up
I want her to be a Mary sue and become OP, Goddess son is actually a decent gut and falls in love with heroine, dunno about her though

This is correct.
It's not the genre "Isekai" that is hated, it's the wish-fulfillment, "ore saikyou cheat tsukai", open status window, power fantasy tropes that are utterly appalling.
The world contorting to the whims of the protagonists will only create bland storytelling and a short term ecstatic feeling of being the most powerful thing in existence, but it stops at that and becomes boring damn quick.

The 90s had their own Isekai and they were extremely celebrated because the protagonists had to actually toughen up and learn new things in a mad fantasy world instead of using their existing knowledge to become oh so powerful.
MKR for example, executed the Isekai genre the best you actually forgot it's an Isekai because it had an actual development and plot to begin with

Attached: Super-Robot-Wars-T-Rayearth-Fuu-ds1.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Buck Rogers.

>SAO is isekai
Don't you Alicization me, that's one arc.

I did a double take, maybe I'm tired.
Here your (You), good job.

>nativenigger
So knowing English is a bad thing, now? Fuck off and take your anti-education sentiments with you so we can continue to have actual discussion.
Joke's on you, I'm ESL too. I just bothered to learn the language I use for discussion with other people so that I can actually understand what they're saying.

nativenigger as in

This is simple.
They created a power fantasy story where being "a failure that gets transported to another world and became damn powerful with a unique skill and gets all the hot chick" as the focal point of the plot, and these stories are most likely written in a first person POV.

It's a short-lived masturbatory writing like a new game+ where you can flaunt your power and flash your giant dick but in the end, you'll get bored because that's pretty much it, and the story crumbles down without the OP protagonist.

Compare that to Fushigi Yuugi for example, where the supporting cast can shine on their own without the protagonist

I didn't say anything about native isekai, and I absolutely don't think it's part of the isekai genre. It's a separate subset of the fantasy genre that just happens to share some traits with many modern works belonging to the isekai genre, but missing the defining one. The name is unfortunate. Either way, what the fuck does that have to do with the argument?

Some other pointers.
>There's magic, still trying to make a good spin out of it
>Right now i want it to be levels and have 2 skills per level on each tree
>There will be always 1 attack and 1 support magic for each level and depending on main element up until lvl 10.
>World isn't at peace since goddess son is training/fighting main evil, main heroine has to deal with the "sidequests" of the chaos
>Main twist is that the reason goddess wants her is because humans from this world can't become gods but humans from other worlds can
>Plans to make main heroine a sub-goddess, marry her to son and have a child
>She then will hijack the child
>Goddess son has strongest divine magic but her mother, the goddess is inmune to it so he can't do shit
>Main heroine has to fight with goddess, still dont know if do this before or after they get together (if they end up together)
>Want to make the sidequests end up with relationships with the side characters so main heroine starts to learn about love
>Has to be a virgin since if someone who's not a god takes her chastity it will have divine punishment, this will probably save her from a few rape attempts
>There's slaves and demi-humans but they're going to be kemonomimi all the time since i like cute things
Guild system uses stars as ranks going from 1-10 then Gold > Diamond > Orichalcum
>People can have monsters as familiars and the communicate throught telepathy, this is not common though and mostly the wealthy/genius are the only ones able to
>Main Heroine has a baby wolf as first familiar.

This are the ramblings of a fat guy at 3am.

user are you, dare I ask, a loveless virgin?

Nope, im from a 3rd world country so hooking up is actually really easy, i've fucked about 5 women up until now. But 4 of those were just one night stands and the one with an actual girlfriend (4 years ago) was the best one of the bunch. Im a hopeless romantic, i just like loving relationships, happy sex and happy endings.

>>Dies on surgery table and meets a goddess.
Stopped reading.

This
Nips just can't let fantasy be fantasy
They always seem to have to connect it to the "real world" somehow

Nice, tell how much the goddess son resembles you so I can get a general idea of how much of a loser you are.

Rayearth even had the girls gain magic power up weapons and armor that was all tied to their personal growth. I don't think anime will ever get passed the "power up in times of crisis" shtick but how you build it really makes all the difference. I.e Umi getting over her own fears and desire to run away because of her desire to save Hikaru works because the character is becoming stronger not only physically or magically but emotionally as well.

When you surround the power leveling and plot convenience with the proper emotional and personal connections, that's what makes the biggest difference but a hax hero and a hero who grows. That's what the audience needs. Not TEH EPIC SUPER BADASS but the emotional connection.

A character who only has their power level or hax ability is boring. A character who matures and faces hardship both physical and emotional. That's who becomes a memorable one. That's why Rayearth fags still remember their girls to this day but other lesser isekai characters are forgotten by their fans by the next series.

Attached: Magic Knight Rayearth Ep04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.05_[2019.04.21_06.31.29].jpg (960x720, 90K)

Come on man not all Isekai writers are pathetic losers, though reading his summary I can see how you came to that coclusion.

Yeah sounds cheap but honestly the only idea i had is that she read a book about said fantasy world and said the magic words at the end about communicating with "the gods" from that world, this is would happen before the surgery and would become the trigger of happening. But why the fuck would the hospital have those kind of books, maybe some family member brings a lot of books they found in a flea sale or something.
Still i think this will take too long and the first chapter has to make an impact if i want the reader to keep going. A bit of blood is always a good impact.
Probably nothing, honestly i'd rather be the main heroine. I don't plan to make him be a goody too shoes, just someone that has a goal and needs to overcome it, don't want a battle junkie, nor a womanizer, just someone who's fixed with a goal and will try everything to get there.
The main point of the goddess meddling is having both of them encounter each other building their relationships, they don't know this but that's the whole point of him doing the main quest and heroine doing the side quests.
He's the one who will start falling in love and the goddess also took the girl because she was prim and proper and is probably easy to manipulate.

An arc that's half the series.

>But why the fuck would the hospital have those kind of books,

Why wouldn't they? You'd be surprised what winds up in a hospital. But if you want some ideas..

1. Left behind buy other patients who passed away
2. Part of an extensive library to help patients with grief consoling
3. Gift from somebody
4. Family heirloom
5. It's a particularly old hospital that did some shady shit in the past.
6. Desperate families looking for any answer who turned to occult sources.

Actually, and this might be tricky, skip the book right away altogether. Have her start in Fantasyville, Population: Her and have her try to peace shit together as she goes. Maybe there's some hints and glaring metaphors for surgery and at the end you reveal she had fallen asleep while hold her favorite book and it was all a cheap dream except she was also holding an item from dream world.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Since 1983, in anime.

Dunbine is also by far still the best.

Attached: Dunbine - 01 [BD 720p AAC] [8A36C705].mkv_snapshot_02.23_[2018.05.22_11.06.00].jpg (960x720, 109K)

I guess you will flesh them out as they go along but just from the general description you gave both character sound bland as fuck.

>with the only minor addition of having a stat display and levels
If it has these things at all, it's automatically shit

Give me some ideas user, it's one of the reasons im posting this, will try again in the future with a rough draft of main heroine.

Come up with your own ideas. The best we can do is help workshop them but we're not gonna tell you what to write. I'm saving my ideas for myself.

Well at least it's not Chinese isekai

That sounds just like a shitty excuse for not knowing but it's ok user, im planning on going to sleep now, an update of this will come in a few months so most if not all the people won't know about it and i can get some fresh viewpoints.

>Not liking Grimgar

user, I...

Attached: 1537447092246.png (1024x1220, 859K)

Of course we don't know. How the fuck COULD we know? We're not in your head. You've given us nothing then said, "GIVE ME IDEAS." We don't know you're setting, you don't have have a draft of a draft. We can't tell where it's going or what point it's even starting from.

>everything except Grimgar
what a fucking faggot

Attached: 1552938633000.png (629x565, 264K)

You have an extremely reddit taste if you think they're good.

There are also the types where the MC picks some "useless" skills that the community has deemed "awful" because they only used them for the first 5 levels however immediately at Lv6 it becomes overpowered shit that comboes with practically everything.

>>Dies on surgery and meets a goddess which wants her to reincarnate in a world as the stories she read before
Why would you want to copy this trope?

Based.

>Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
If we talk ONLY ABOUT ANIME here. Then grimgar is above the two others mentioned in terms of production quality.
It really captured "in another world" (read: isekai) atmosphere with okay plot to back it up & as a bonus - well animated.

>re:zero
You are gay and have shit taste.

MT released another manga chapter. Eris is super cute with short hair!

There are two major problems about most of the isekai I've seen (which granted is very limited compared to most posters in this thread) that bother me most:
1. The knowledge and skills in the real world that the Isekai-ee had are discarded immediately unless it's a fantasy profession-based series like the one about the Pest Exterminator, or the Japanese M&A Businessman or the one about raising a Dragon. Most of the time however, the MCs are just school kids so there really is no carryover or value to be derived from "Our World" so why even bother with the multi-verse plot device in the first place? The other major exception to this I've seen are game-based Isekai where cheat skill hacks come in or the MC immediately assumes some over-leveled/administrator role from having invested extensive playtime in the game while on the outside.

2. Related to #1 the very connection that the Isekai-ee has to "Our World" is unimportant. They seem unconcerned that they aren't in their world anymore after about 5 minutes at best or pretty much forget that they aren't natives soon after. The characters are never really curious about what is going on back home and less concerned about ever returning. Likewise we are usually never shown what's going on back in the not-Isekai World while the characters are missing. If Truck-kin killed the characters we are not treated to the funeral or how anyone else left behind is affected. If they are summoned, the mystery of their disappearance is not examined. Heaven forbid the barrier between these worlds should weaken enough the crossing become a regular two-way street either.

In conclusion, our world is apparently highly boring and inconsequential so just make straight fantasy and stop bothering with the isekai hook.

Shadow is the only good isekai desu

>I could count on one hand the number of times the MC abolishes it even when he's the one coming up with economic reforms and trying to modernize the economy.
Literally who? I don't remember any isekai MC like that.

Because it fucking reeks of neet wish fulfillment.

>I want her to be a Mary sue
If so, there is no reason for her to become a breeding tool of a barbaric murderhobo in a backward shithole world. She should use her modern knowledge to start an industrial and social revolution to abolish the ineffective, incompetent monarchy, end slavery and establish an utopia on earth.

They follow a lot of tropes. It's a field that's gone for quantity over quality. also
>I liked everything so far except some of the best ones
lol