HxH

So Is this the exact moment when hxh jumped the shark?

Attached: images (4).jpg (425x721, 23K)

>Episode 131
Lad what are you on here's a better example

Attached: greed island.jpg (780x439, 97K)

It was never really that good, at least compared to YuYu Hakusho

I skipped it cuz some hunter'chad' told me to do so. Maybe you are right

That would imply HxH was ever good to begin with. Chimera Arc in general is a brief moment of decent and interesting writing in an otherwise generic shit Shonen.

>Hunter Exam was the worst arc ever made in the history of shounen
>Zoldyck's House was interesting at top
>Heaven's Arena was boring
>Yorkshin was good
>Greed Island was interesting at top
>Chimera Ant was retarded
>Chairman Election was good
>implying everything after that is even canon
If it weren't because 15 years ago I was a fan of the original show(ack when I was a beginner) I wouldn't have bother with this new version to be honest.

greed island was good whats with the haters

Yall are tripping HxH fucking goes

How do you compare
Beans is the greatest character in shonen history

Attached: euo85qvjc81z.jpg (874x1140, 412K)

I kinda agree though, it's not bad but you can skip most stuff and not really miss anything.
It really isn't that good compared to the other arcs.

I think that happened as soon as Alluka entered the story. Killua had a ride or die relationship with Gon, shoehorning a sister to protect trivializes and even destroys that relationship Togashi built.
It was especially so with the literal "deus ex machina" wish. That shit was so stupid, it would have been more believable if Leorio learned to be the greatest nen doctor and found a special way to heal him.

Anyway with Gyro existing in the story I think there's a high chance Gon will come back in the story and get his nen back from him. I hope Togashi is using this separation to teach Gon how Killua felt about him this whole time, Killua's devotion was always one sided maybe now it can be shared.

Honestly the trip to the DC should have been an exploration to find a cure for Gon.

>another "let's heal Gon" arc
no thanks, not everything has to be about Gon

you must be joking. yorknew was the arc with good writing. CA was a boring slog.

>Chimera Ant was retarded

Extremely low IQ post

Attached: Decontructs your villain.jpg (2787x1671, 799K)

Attached: file.png (848x459, 284K)

Attached: gon san explained.jpg (2360x1418, 1.36M)

Too much information for shonenkids my dude

tl;dr

>Hunter exam revolutionized manga and inspired the Exam arc in shounen that everyone now includes, like Naruto, MHA, Dr Stone etc
>Zoldyck arc subverted the "rescue" arc where Killua just leaves after talking to his dad
>Heavens Arena introduced nen, had one of the greatest fights in anime (Hisoka vs Gon) and we learned more about the HxH world
>Yorkshin was kino and regarded as one of the best arcs in all of shounen
>GI was an interesting training arc, we learned more about nen, Killua and Gon deepen their bonds and we learn about Gon's insanity with his fight with genthru (foreshadow for what hes gonna do in the CA arc)
>CA arc, objectively the best arc in the history of shounen and one of the best arcs in all of manga
>Chairman was some entertaining change of pace, nice illumi and hisoka team up, nice Ging and Gon moment. Good ending for the anime
>Succession War, already considered a history changing arc

Are you kidding? Everything to do with spiders is fucking boring especially with shit ka involved. The only thing keeping it from falling apart narratively is Hisoka's interest. The only thing keeping York-New from being a snooze fest was the fact that Killua and Gon we're involved not even joking. Literally the only people who think that arc is the greatest are young teenage boys.

wtf are you talking about gon and killua are the worst main characters. they can't carry an arc themselves which is why greed island and chimera ant are the most disliked arcs. yorknew wasn't perfect but at least it didn't have garbage pacing.

>greed island and chimera ant are the most disliked arcs

Ya.. among teenage boys. You disregarded my point that you're a young teenage boy. You are huh?

they're the most shounen arcs so no

>chimera ant are the most disliked arcs

Yes its the most disliked arc among manchildren who are mindlessly entertained by the same garbage Shonen tropes over and over, however it’s the most respected arc by everyone else.

my only issue with it is the fucking Bisky training
theres like 2 full episodes of them digging through rocks lol

Is this pasta? I can’t tell anymore

It's not manchildren it's actual CHILDREN, young little teenage boys who think York New EDGE is good original writing.

Since no one else wants to say it I will this has been boring as fuck since the Chrollo fight.

I want the shit ka clan to finally die off once and for all

it's still hilarious how blatantly he's copied from goku. Like a golden aura and crazy hair even? Really toga?

Never understood the praise for Gon vs Hisoka, literally nothing remarkable happens, unless Hisoka orgasming is something. Gido vs Gon rematch was unironically more praise worthy. Or Hisoka vs Kastro even tho even that one has a lot of weaknesses

Golden aura is not canon, just the anime adaptation, and Madhouse is know for shit color palette in this adaptation anyway. Crazy hair is nothing like Goku's, not even ss3 really and definitely not something DB invented.

>crazy hair

extremely low IQ post, his hair is grew because he forced his body to grow many years

and it still fucking stood up like a fucking meme

Shit arc in an otherwise great anime.

This

we didn't need a third tournament arc

>CA arc, objectively the best arc in the history of shounen
>literally filler shit
Oh boy.

Stfu

Greed Island was the only bad arc in my opinion, it was boring as fuck to sit through other than the dodgeball scenes with razer and when the Phantom Troupe showed up. I also like how pretty much everyone agrees that the Chimera Ant arc and of the Yorknew arc are irrefutably the two best arcs in the series.

Attached: 6FBC5ABA-2DFA-4B83-A6AB-74CC26BC7CB3.png (475x596, 419K)

>Gon hiding in the rubble
>Hisoka is punched early on, so you don't know how things will go for most of the fight
>Choreography in general is good, characters bounce and move in a way that seems natural and not just hitting the air on purpose, throwing punch barrages, and levitating with wires like other Shonen
>both Gon and Hisoka act smart
>over just in time
The anime kinda fucks it up by keeping the monologues too intact, which messes the physics of the fight, but it is stellar otherwise. Like Togashi imagined himself as both characters and fought inside his head.

It is not outstanding by HunterxHunter standards, since Togashi does most of these things in most fights, but compared to the trash most other manga, anime, and especially western movies/tv shows/comics do, it is perfect.

Only the best martial arts movies and manga are this good.

it is completely ruined with hisoka having an orgasm. Gotta hit that pervert trope quota I guess

this was truly undefendable

Attached: Kite-Ant-Portrait.png (527x527, 462K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO IM RIGHT? FUCKING CHILD

Attached: 6ed.jpg (251x251, 9K)

Not the guy you’re responding to but Yorknew was still a good arc, not as good as Chimera Ant arc but it’s in second place for sure so not sure why you think it’s bad.

Attached: 6DAA5AFE-9930-4F08-8F17-DB56BB124488.png (281x281, 123K)

Naw CA Arc is when the canon series actually starts and ends. The whole rest of HxH is the filler.

Bait, nobody reply to this

Attached: 0F11FAB7-EE7C-4D8A-B8A2-7ABA211127A2.png (1280x720, 1.79M)

You are not my boss

I wouldn't call it bad but edgelord teenage boys who want to believe they're smarter than they actually are praise this arc for all the wrong reasons.

Based post

Election Arc is actually the worst shit that happened to this series, if anything the nail in the coffin

Attached: shonen jump interview - togashi.jpg (2256x2965, 2.07M)

tl;dr

What's the point of this post?

If you mean Gon going EDGE and killing Pitou then yes
If you mean Gon turning into an adult to fuck Pitou (up), no, that's acceptable

Tl;dr sum it up for me because this is obvious bait but I’ll bite

>tl;dr
Irony

Attached: 527770CA-B8BE-4793-8122-F0652EEF7E3F.png (345x250, 106K)

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 658EF429-86D5-464E-A8D6-1D924D635DC0.jpg (750x253, 91K)

No one ever said Gon going SSJ was impossible
We only said that it is out of character for Gon to go from happy adventure kid to "willing to literally destroy his body to get revenge, willing to threaten an innocent to get his way, willing to stop being a hunter and have a normal life after finding his dad afterwards"

>his hair is grew because he forced his body to grow many years
where is his long beard?
where is his long dick?
where are his longer finger and toe nails?
why does he still have his baby face?

That you and the other guy were brainlets complaining about something being "TOO MUCH READING" in a HxH thread, not that you were samefagging. Brainlet.

Ok don't question it too much
The fucking ants are born with full designer clothing on themselves out of eggs

Only in the anime.

Meruem is born with his weird Vest in the manga, but that seems to be organic anyway.

Unironically yes, the series should have ended or timeskipped here. People only put up with Togashi's bullshit because Yu Yu Hakusho is popular or because they like the pseudo-deep circlejerk walls of text

>Gon hiding in the rubble
Basic tactical move even for average shonen standards
>Hisoka is punched early on, so you don't know how things will go for most of the fight
What do you mean? You know even before they start that that's an easy win for Hisoka. If you mean how precisely the match will go in detail then that's always the case really
>Choreography in general is good, characters bounce and move in a way that seems natural and not just hitting the air on purpose, throwing punch barrages, and levitating with wires like other Shonen
Surely more realistic than most shonen but not much more than that, nothing to remember in particular
>both Gon and Hisoka act smart
>over just in time
True but it applies to basically any HxH fight so it doesn't put this one necessarily in a good light in comparison

OH MY GOD THIS MANGAS SO EPIC I THINK I'M GONNA CRY!

Attached: 1555643169808.jpg (1447x911, 235K)

This would go fucking perfect with the whole Gon vs Pitou "fight".

i was waiting for someone to post this since thread started
based shonencuck

Attached: 1555603701063.jpg (500x449, 65K)

Attached: 1555645947077.jpg (1447x911, 160K)

YOOOOOO

Attached: RogersBased.jpg (480x360, 22K)