Will Funimation even exist one year from now?

Will Funimation even exist one year from now?

PS: Dubs a shit (except the actually good ones like....

Attached: funimation_btfo.png (1000x799, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VOo7attn-tw
twitter.com/PETAsnose/status/1110633025568735233
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tl;dr: VA Vic Mignonanjajnjanja gets called a pedo for shilling Jesus and not signing yaoi fanart at conventions - now sues Funimation and a couple other voice actors. Can’t imagine Sony, Toei and the other Japanese salarymen being too happy with the Americans running their business like a hobby club.

Lmao dubs and their shitty dramas
Funi in particular is so old school that when they get old and retire they'll have noone competent to run it anymore.

Good dub is an oxymoron.

Yes, the problem with shops like Funimation (and ADV before it closed) is that they started out almost as glorified fandubbers. They never had to learn about how to run a business and set up a contract that would hold up in court, because they were all an insular group of friends down in Texas who didn't really have any conflicts to speak of, and most of their money was made from convention appearances anyway. The California and New York scenes in dubbing are different, because they do more than just anime and are more used to having actual entertainment lawyers look over their contracts.

Funimation here seems to be doing babby's first employment decision based on tantrums, and when they for some godawful reason decided to actually start speaking about firing Vic - and speak about how they're against harassment in the same breath - any lawyer in the same ZIP code must have felt the disturbance in the force.

Honestly, I'm happy to watch dubs of shows that aren't set in Japan. But the first annoying voice I hear -> back to sub.

>now sues Funimation and a couple other voice actors

I have heard of the issue and I get why Funimation is getting sued...but why are other voice actors getting sued as well?

And now puts the burden of proof on himself
Poor little tricky Vic

No matter what side loses, Yea Forums wins, sweet.

if you were running funi would it have been better to publicly post that you were investigating and then a week later post you found nothing and let vic keep his job?

They publicly posted that he had sexually assaulted them. Sexual assault in that state, pretty much means genitalia touching, or something touching the genitalia. Pretty high standard. He was also called a pedo to another industry person, which is "per se" defamation - meaning he doesn't even have to prove damages occured; it's so defamatory that damages can be presumed.

In defamation suits, the truth is a defense, but the burden on Vic is just to show that they said it. Then they have to prove that it's true. The problem for them is that they've already doubled down on Twitter.

>dub drama
Kill yourselves.

"We're no longer working with Vic. We will not be making any further comments." That should be the full extent of their comments. If they actually found something that other people should be warned about - like if he was an actual predator - then they should report that of course.

So, what happened with the guy?

He got fired (all these voice actors are independent contractors, but in essence that's what happened) from two of the studios, and a bunch of anime conventions dropped him. One of the studios (Funimation) defamed him on Twitter. But then he was invited back to some of the conventions after his fans rallied around him. Then he got an attack lawyer to sue the people who called him a pedo and a sex abuser.

Pimp Ed just got extra depth

Attached: 1181822252375.jpg (573x642, 50K)

sony is a multi billion dollar international conglomerate
what fucking lawyer does vic have he thinks he can beat them

it's not sony he's up against it's roosterteeth and funimation who are likely going to lose alot of their licences because of this, which makes me happy because their monopoly on dubbing has been a cancer for years and years Toei animation along will cost them One Piece, Dragonball and several other Ips

So is there any actual proof that Vic did anything?

nope it was all bull shit so he lost his job over liberal SJW bullshit because how dare he be a white friendly chistian man who supports Donald Trump

Didnt one of the girls when this all started also say that he didnt do shit to her? But they kept trying to make her say that he did?

I'm not sure Roosterteeth is on the hook. They didn't make any defamatory statements. But if they coordinated with Funimation - yeah, they could get sued.

Sony might not want to throw good money after bad, and just force Funimation to settle.

Super damning evidence that "we're not entitled to see" for some reason. The lawsuit will make them put up or shut up.

On the contrary
youtube.com/watch?v=VOo7attn-tw

What the fuck is that. Tranny or just a 3/10.

Attached: 1337452306202.jpg (425x440, 16K)

The only dubs that even come close to being acceptable are those in which the VAs act like actual humans. Any dub with VAs that try to make a cartoon-like voice are pure garbage, and that means most of them. The old hags who try to mimic high pitch Jap voices need to be taken out back and shot.

Hopefully Vic and the English dubbing conglomerate rape each other to death, they all deserve the worst.

Miles Luna made a tweet at a fan who called him a liar and backstabber saying he believed the victim because he's known vic for years

Casey Lee Willains, the singer of RWBY music tweeted a generic "i believe the victims" statement she quickly deleted and Agent Washington the voice of Ozpin/Ozma got into a huge fight with fans on twitter about Vic's firing because he believed the fakes over him

Miles Luna writes alot of RT's shows and is a fucking producer yes his actions hurt the company with what he twitted, Casey Lee nobody really cares about her other than she got hot after turning 16 even through she's been singing songs since like 9 years old. and Agent voices the most hated character in RWBY especially after volume 6.

They played themselves hard becauser RTX is in freaking Austin Texas, Vic is super popular there and now going forward no matter what happens to Qrow's character people will look at it like RT are doing it to spite Vic

But why bother with inferior shit in the first place.

>just a 3/10
That's pushing it

Man, even if they mend the bridge with Vic, they wont really recover from this.

He should've just signed the yaoi fanart

>twitter screencap thread

Shippers eventually ruin everything. Like that subset of reylo who are harassing Adam Driver and his wife, trying to make them divorce so he can .... be ... with .. Daisy Ridley.

>losing anime licenses because of voice actor drama
Sounds like bullshit Yea Forums would make up, do you really think nips give a shit? Cause they really don’t.

The nips license their IPs to make money. If the licensees are going to start making them less money for no justifiable reason then the nips are simply going to tell me "sort your shit or we're going to look for a different partner"

>sony not wanting to virtue signal and take funimation's side

you don't understand how fucking big this is, Sean and Sabat and Monica dragged Vic's name through the fucking mud and even caused cons to be canceled because of this shit, Kahamahacon was almost canceled because Sabat kept threatening them something Vic's youtube Laweyer has proof of

>me
Or them, rather.

The whole story really bothered me.
Really shows how disgusting and quick public lynch mobs are formed.
It also seemed like it wasn't accidental misinformation but lying purposely with malicious intent.
The whole thing with the articles written on him using photos from random girls' facebooks with their faces blurred out. Multiple girls have come forward now saying they used their pictures without consent and were never anything close to being a victim.

more like the rest of the VAs get butthurt about it and decide to slander him and get him fired citing such sexcrime incidents as Vic eating a fucking jellybean and are then shocked when he doesn't lay down to die after they've trashed his career for virtue points.

NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT DUB TRASH, BRING IT TO Yea Forums IF YOU LIKE TO ORBIT THESE LITERAL WESTERN """""""""VAs"""'''''''''' SO MUCH.

Truth.

>how big this is
Do you know where you are?

This, why the fuck would Yea Forums know jack shit about literal who's

This kind of shit is causing Japanese seiyu to cancel their US convention appearances, either because they don't want to be caught in the drama shitstorm, or because they actually think they're in danger of being accused of rape or something?

These people have been touchy-feely forever, and some of them have been having relationships with each other too. It's a pretty incestuous industry, at least in Texas.

So is he innocent or not?

>kind of shit is causing Japanese seiyu to cancel their US convention appearances
You pulled that out of your ass really fast, nice job

Honestly there's been rumors, talks, and and it's been pretty much an open secret for over a decade but at this point people on the other side are really struggling way too hard to make it all stick. There's a reason this kind of shit never went past the rumor stage on the concircuit in the past and why you don't air your dirty laundry when it comes to tense work relationships.

If he did it it's going to be impossible to prove and there are so many clear opportunists mucking the waters even more and they just make it all worse for real abuse victims. Vic's or otherwise. Once you leave private discussion and enter the court of popular opinion you need real proof to make your case and the more you push against it the deeper a grave you dig.

It's theorized one of the reasons ADV stopped getting Evangelion material is because Amanda Winn Lee stripped at a con and dry humped a Penpen mascot suit in front of one of the key animators and his family. It got her pretty much blacklisted at a number of cons.

American anime conventions have nothing to do with anime sales or distribution

I don't understand why a lot of people seem to have a thing against Mignogna for his Christian beliefs when Caitlin Glass, an equally respected veteran of the dubbing industry, is also a very outspoken Christian, with plenty of Bible verses and the like all over her Twitter and Instagram feed. Why one and not the other?

They stopped getting Evangelion material because there wasn't new Eva material.

He's both a weird, creepy repressed christfag sex perv, while also being a victim of VAs smearing him to try and get ahead

Vic sells Christian CDs, and often demands to be given a room for a prayer session as a condition to come to the con. If they promise it and don't actually deliver on it, he goes diva on them. Vic is pretty awesome when he defends his fans against crazy fundie christians though.

ADV didn't get End of Evangelion, or Death and Rebirth. Manga released them and let ADV's staff handle the dub. They didn't get Rebuild either but that was due to the movie law suit that came later.

Here we go!

Attached: 34.png (1668x437, 137K)

WHITE MALE

>stripped at a con and dry humped a Penpen mascot suit
...are there videos? For a friend, I mean.

Now where are Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmeal they both did most their parts in ruining the main's career

Yes
twitter.com/PETAsnose/status/1110633025568735233

there's going to be at least two rounds of lawsuits

Oh wow. Even without nip staff being present, I fail to see how this was in any way a good idea. Was she drunk or something?

I didn't know relict populations of homo erectus survived to the present day.

Yes. She pilfered the cons liquor supply and got hammered. Like she got really hammered apparently. It's why she's not really invited to cons.

Goku and Vegeta will probably be next round. There's certainly solid cases against them, but these first few are the strongest and near slam dunk tier. Each of these costs a ton of money to file so after you finish your main course you can put some money forward to desert.

I'm looking forward to Broly annihilating the shitty US dub industry.

Based Broly is going in deep

Ryo Horikawa canceled his Kamehacon appearance one day before the convention. It's understandable that it would lead to speculation.

His thrust power is maximum.

>2021
>all lawsuits are over
>toei cut ties with funimation
>probably Viz gets the license to dragonball since they're owned by Shueisha

Companies only virtue signal because it's good press, and this isn't guaranteed good press. The only reason Sony's even doing Japanese censorship vidyawise is because they're doubling down on making money with movie games and know that the outrage is small enough that they'll be able to make up the difference. If anything I'd expect them to say something on Twitter, but don't be shocked when they offer absolutely nothing concrete beyond "we are paying attention to this yada yada etc."

>These people have been touchy-feely forever, and some of them have been having relationships with each other too
See, my theory here is that Monica tried to have a sexual relationship with Vic, but he turned her down, she got pissed and when the kickvic shit started happening, she immediately pounced on that in order to get back at him for turning her down.

She's so vindictive and spiteful that I have to believe this is the case. Other female co-workers who worked with Vic even longer haven't seemed to say anything about him harassing them, must not be any hard feelings towards him then. I've heard of cases where women work to make a man's life hell if he turns her down, so I don't think that I'm far off from the truth. Bonus points if Vic has dms or texts of her flirting with him too. He could be saving those for court though.

>seiyuu threads are allowed and encouraged per board rukes
>Western voice actors are shunned
I'm not even a dubfag but this an issue of you guys literally being weeaboos.

>and when the kickvic shit started happening, she immediately pounced on that in order to get back at him for turning her down.
I believe she gave her stories in the sony investigation back in december.

>Companies only virtue signal because it's good press
If it was even that. I think they're doing it because they can, and damn the consequences. "Now I have this corporate vehicle, and I'm going to be using it to make the most impact on the world as I possibly can. If we lose money, who cares - I have my massive golden parachute."

Fuck off.

Aren't they just a Youtube channel who made a single show that got somewhat popular with the Steven Universe/MLP crowd?

>Japanese seiyu to cancel their US convention appearances
Is that an actual thing that happens? SDCC I can see it happening, sure, but I doubt it's that common anywhere else.

>Amanda Winn Lee stripped at a con and dry humped a Penpen mascot suit
Shit, that would have made Larry's Palace in P4 a hell of a lot more exciting.

Attached: 1521868436140.gif (280x210, 63K)