Was it a 9/10?

was it a 9/10?

Attached: BoogiepopAndOthers2019.jpg (400x560, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFIyFEssOU4
youtube.com/watch?v=PNbDdYdDaDY
youtube.com/watch?v=Eyjj8BgsBGU
twitter.com/gomanga/status/1118967197236436992
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes it was

I would personally rate it at 8/10, almost everything about it was perfect but some episodes had mediocre pacing

If everything had the At Dawn quality of animation and direction it would be. That and the butchered first three episodes puts it at around 7.5 or 8. The novels are definitely 9/10 though, or at least the translated ones are.

Attached: 1554495406935.png (368x333, 29K)

Touka was not my girlfriend by the end of it so I'll have to subtract 3 points from the final score.

No, it was a 10/10

It was 10/10

Attached: Premux-Boogiepop-04-ECB25B93_001_26033.png (1280x720, 355K)

I don't know if Boogiepop is really good or if I'm just spellbound by the hypnotic presentation. Seriously, when that low music creeps in alongside some hushed conversation or Boogiepop's general vocal cadence carries on long enough I start to get woosey. That said, despite this I found myself really engaged and wanting to see what happens next, which is impressive considering the slow-paced, dialogue heavy nature of the show.

it is really hypnotic, the direction and presentation from the OP to the ED and everything in between is absolutely mind boggling

You know it, darkhorse anime of the season. It started off incredibly rough but by the end shaped itself into a really unique good show.

Attached: BoogieScare PopCrow.jpg (1920x1080, 77K)

Yes

Embryo arc animated when

Attached: 45151551_p0.jpg (800x1100, 572K)

I'm still on the fence about watching it. The first episode was really fucking boring

keep to it, I watched the first 3 and was not entirely convinced either, but the OP and ED kept me watching, and before I knew it I had watched 15 episodes on a binge

I heard the show was shit but I thought Boogiepop was cute so I decided to read the LNs, after reading the first one I watched the corresponding anime episodes I found the anime to indeed be pretty garbage, the story was made really hard to follow for really no reason, and everything was extremely rushed with most of the stuff that was interesting in the book being cut out.
LN was 7/10
Show was 3/10

More like 9/11

Attached: Carlos.png (350x350, 138K)

AOTY

Attached: 1550940765899.webm (720x404, 345K)

If you want the actual story read the LN but if you want to see cute Boogiepoppu animated then watch the anime

Attached: 1555459652648.jpg (1164x944, 262K)

I want more middleschool Bugipoppu

Attached: 2015-07-01_00002.jpg (853x480, 65K)

I want to see how Boogiepoppu almost killed Touka's mother.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFIyFEssOU4

Attached: shinpei-kuroda-boogiepop-light-novel-158600.jpg (300x420, 30K)

And Others- LN: 7/10 anime: 3/10
Returns- LN: 6/10 anime: 5/10
Pandora- LN: 7/10
Overdrive- LN: 7/10 anime: 6/10
At Dawn- LN: 8/10 anime: 8/10

that final Episode was really sweet.
Even though the King of Distortion climax was weak as hell, the Character closures were wholesome.
Also for some reason I thought Niikita was a middle schooler but she was actually just a midget

5/10, writing was all over the place and the rock n' roll tower was ridiculous.

the tower was mediocre until true boogie showed up

Worst color palette in any anime ever made/10

no, that would be no game no life

I liked it

Attached: D2_q8lgUcAEvoT1.jpg (2048x1152, 134K)

Best OP and ED of the year.

IMAGINE/10

Attached: 2.jpg (800x558, 94K)

Why are opmfags so mad at boogie?
Boogie did nothing wrong.

Attached: IMG_20190417_111451.jpg (300x301, 21K)

8/10. Loses a point for Janky animation, and another one for confusing writing at times.

He/she stole Natsume.

Imagine the shitstorm if madhouse actually announces a season 2 for boogie

Attached: basedhouse.jpg (1200x800, 326K)

funny how Boogie always gets a job coincidentally when she should be on a date with Keiji

How does it compare to the first adaptation in terms of atmosphere and mindfuckery? Does it still have the vignette effect, reverb and sepia? Do you still need to read the LN to know anything about what the fuck happened?

I would be a very happy man.

It was a steaming pile of crap.

1/10 and the 1 is for the opening.

10/10
I liked the atmosphere, the OST is great
But I want a season 2 for real

Attached: D24aqSYUYAMOP8d (1).jpg (1167x1649, 126K)

Attached: boogiepop amusement park fight.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

Attached: 1550241754140.webm (852x480, 2.32M)

How come Touka is a dumbass while Boogie is intelligent when they're technically the same person?

Attached: kirima.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

Touka is just Boogiepop's cover persona.

Touka is acting cutesy, as shown by her regular voice as opposed to the boogiepop voice, she essentially acts simple to look cute.

>acting
Not when she actually failed her entrance exam as shown in volume 1 and her constant need of tutoring by Suema.

being lazy and bad at math does not mean she doesn't have a sharp mind when she tries

Not enough time to study when you spend all your time fighting enemies of the world, reading chuuni books and avoiding your boyfriend..

>watch this
>it snowed 3 times this april and month is only 2/3 over
sensei best boy

Attached: boogiepop_wa_warawanai.png (675x377, 140K)

how did Boogiepop not have a flower? Is Touka not only brainless but heartless aswell?

Boogie is immune to mental based powers I think since Kisugi couldn't see Boogie's fears as well.

this show managed to catch ligning in a bottle like previously only Bakemonogatari did for me.
Even better it is not pseudoromantic selfinsert haremtrash either.

don't disrespect my boogie by making template threads, thanks.

wasn't monogatari author inspired by boogiepop? I remember someone mentioned it

It’s a 7.5/10 that would be a 5/10 if not for 10/10 music.

>1/10 and the 1 is for the opening.

ED was better than the OP though

No, it sucks. The old Boogiepop anime was much better.

I think that Touka being kinda of a doofus in contrast to Boogiepop's wise personality makes her more relatable and endearing.
Boogiepop kickstartrd the Light Novel movement

Attached: Touka.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

thumbnail looks like the picture is taken between the legs of a chick with thigh high socks and a black/white skirt.

Yes, Nisio Isin was inspired by Kadono's writing style.

true

Attached: 08736383.jpg (1200x675, 153K)

Why only 18 eps tho?

Attached: time to boogie.webm (1280x720, 1.56M)

Smug/10

Attached: 1547822975762.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

as an opmfag I was mad about Madhouse not animating S2, but after watching Boogiepop and Maddhouse magic in action again I am a not as mad

This

Attached: D2SCWuaX0AAuNDf.jpg (1920x1080, 72K)

It is the proto-LN before chuuni LN trend really started blowing up. Ahead of its time. However it is its own weakness as well as strength. The slow philosophical droning really only appeals to you only if you're into that sort of thing, which is to say, there's a reason why the 2019 audience didn't save it from flopping.

Funny because Natsume didn't animate it pretty like he did with OPM

Yeah, he made it better

I want to fuck this creepy bubble

Attached: D4FJMkbUEAAmLbW.jpg (1200x675, 53K)

Meh, I dropped it after the second episode.

tryhard-the show

Good opening tho.

AOTS

I'm watching the first episode right now.
Boogie is cute when she's angry at the cops.

Attached: 1554996707790.jpg (225x350, 28K)

Episode 10 is still episode of the year

What did they mean by this

Attached: episode 10 - episode 16.jpg (1108x1053, 224K)

It's a shame that best boy and his friends didn't get animated.

Attached: YuuTenjiki_novel.png (360x450, 345K)

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (368x368, 32K)

tower arc was at times awful, but it had the best moments in the show
>Boogiepop giving her bento to nikiita
>Boogiepop getting wounded and being worried about damaging toukas body
>Boogiepop giving peptalks to pretty much everyone
>bloody face Boogiepop

Boogiepop deserves a second wind on television and more translated novels.

Attached: Boogieing.gif (437x256, 3.08M)

I wonder what Boogie would do if Touka was pregnant. Would he still be top chuuni or take it easy for Touka's sake?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.33_[2019.02.01_09.47.02].jp (1280x720, 70K)

by me

God I wish

Attached: 1002939394.jpg (1398x1080, 65K)

Why only 18 eps tho?

Do I need to watch S1 from 00s or I can just straight jump to this one?

Attached: Cencoroll.full.376286.jpg (1024x768, 184K)

are we ever getting cencoroll 2

Phantom is just Boogiepop fanfiction. Actually, you should watch the new anime first, since it's an adaption of the books, if you want to understand Phantom.

I haven't watched past the first arc yet but I thought the lack of narration from the novel really hurt the first episode. I don't know how I would have managed if I hadn't read the book personally. Two and three were way better and I hear the later arcs do a better job adapting things I just haven't had the time to finish it yet.

2019 is a reboot so to say.
You can watch either on their own.
2019 has superior sound direction tho

You can jump straight into it.
Yes, in June youtube.com/watch?v=PNbDdYdDaDY

The first arc was rushed and skipped some scenes
But yeah the other arcs are so much better

Attached: saotome.jpg (677x676, 117K)

it was really mediocre
especially the atrocious character designs

It wasn't really hard to do a better job adapting the material when they don't cut a pivotal 10% of the volume. Even then, they still did some bullshit later like cutting the "present day" Nagi storyline from At Dawn and Kei's explanation for why her KoD took on Saotome's form.

11/10 unironically

>introduce top qt
>kill her off
isn't there some sort of penalty for doing this?
Someone needs to do time.

Attached: Pigeon_design.png (1309x946, 827K)

Didn't remember this scene.

The lack of narration was what made the first episode interesting. I thought the entire show would be slowly unraveling what happened during that period without consideration of time and perspective, rather than moving on into separate arcs. Too often do anime with "mysteries" make it all too clear what's happening and neatly summarize it to the audience. You can hardly call it a mystery then. So long as it's possible to figure out what's happening, you shouldn't be afraid to cut narration. The audience should be engaged instead of passively watching.

Attached: pigeon.gif (500x232, 1.38M)

I don't think it was in the final anime, it was only in the promo.
I did expect it to come during the Meistersinger von Nürnberg scene at the reopening of the Tower, as it would have made sense, but they either forgot about it or cut it.
Also how the fuck did Nikiita know that Song? Not to mention how to fucking type it. Afaik only Boogie and maybe Nagi knew it from the Doctor.

>So long as it's possible to figure out what's happening, you shouldn't be afraid to cut narration
The commitment to establishing a tone through visuals and direction that it requires to properly convey what is contained in prose is so great that most shows, Boogiepop included, need to be very afraid to cut narration. "Figuring out what is happening" is such a basic consideration for making an adaption that no adaption with only that as a goal is even worth watching. Narration is important because it gives the audience a bunch of information beyond what is happening, such as how the narrator is reacting to those events. The word choice alone in narration carries a lot of information which has to be somehow communicated visually if the narration is cut, which most adaptions don't even attempt let alone succeed in doing. Anime is an audio-visual medium, "show don't tell" is a fallacy promoted by plebs.

Attached: 29920304.gif (181x181, 490K)

that Towa Organisation should have called me if they needed one of their synths knocked up.

Why only 18 eps tho?

IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: 2b08aecb150ab708f93eff7af1f7c748a98e73c6r1-1920-1080v2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 30K)

He deserved it for killing Seiichi

his last words were bullshit, his death was in general, just a god damn blunder.
he should have been allowed to redeem himself and come clear with Nagi for killing her dad and scarecrow.

Mo Murder was a pretty cool guy.

It was fine, the only arc that wasn't meh was the Nagi arc

the manga art is cute

Attached: vs imaginator.png (720x582, 480K)

>he should have been allowed to redeem himself and come clear with Nagi for killing her dad and scarecrow.
That would be too "fair," part of the theme in At Dawn is an incredible unfairness in the world. From Seiichi's beloved novels going unread to losing a child to an allergy to the chemicals Towa is putting in the food supply, At Dawn is shot through with unfair and unfortunate circumstances.

it would have still worked as intended, by him bearing the guilt of his previous actions, and her figuring out the guy who saved her was the same person who ruined her life.
It would have been a bittersweet dilemma where he could have lamented the irony and cruelty of fate, perhaps even putting Nagi in a position where she would have haad to chose between getting revenge on him or forgiving.

Just overall a missed opportunity, seeing how she never found out what he did.

how am I supposed to fill the void that Boogipoppu left in my heart?
youtube.com/watch?v=Eyjj8BgsBGU

kei bullying was great

All the normie rage over how shitty S2 OPM is, because this Gem got made instead

Attached: smug.jpg (896x1083, 104K)

touka-chan was worth it to be honest, I aint even mad.
OPM has a great Manga, but touka deserved some love

This honestly just seems like a good series to binge all in 1 sitting while stoned.
DUDE

This.

Attached: 1.jpg (800x565, 54K)

>normie

>This honestly just seems like a good series to binge all in 1 sitting while robotripping.
ftfy

are you talking about kemurikusa?

I want a boogiepoppu figure

can't decide if the OP or ED is better

I will find my way out

so boogiepop always seems to be the same height, even when it was still posessing middle school touka
Boogie can literally fly/levitate?
how much of the power is toukas dormant mpls ability and how much is straight up chuuni magic

Why only 18 eps tho?

18 is an alright run for a madhouse show

But it's missing 6-8 eps.
Or were they too busy slurping chink semen?

ED is superior, but OP is still great.

manticore fight ate all the budget up

I am ready to be disappointed

twitter.com/gomanga/status/1118967197236436992

Attached: 83838382.jpg (655x656, 94K)

>missing episodes
>1 season show
>lucky enough to get 5 extra episodes
>still cries

Attached: readingYourPost.jpg (1256x1096, 152K)

So OPM2 will have 7 eps?

>announcing 4 new licenses today
Would that "new" imply series they haven't licensed before and therefore kill the hope already?

I lost all my hopes long time ago

I've only seen the 2000 serie, which one did you prefer ?
First show was pretty interesting but very slow and confusing. Great atmosphere though.

>we have a lot of manga in this event, so here's a pity LN
Seems like the other two announcements today will both be manga then, otherwise it would be a 2-2 split
Last shot at Boogie with this announcement?

no
But I was wrong, Boogiepop was undeniably AOTS

Attached: bt_contents_01_01_07-1.jpg (380x425, 42K)

>You want Boogiepop?
>FUCK YOU, HAVE SHITCP
Thanks Seven Seas

They truly hate us

No, it was a 5/10.
Extremely bland visuals and some of the arcs were tedious to sit through.

AOTY

pretentious garbage

I bet you can't make an actual argument for how Boogiepop is at all pretentious, let alone define pretentious.

It's time for Yea Forums to learn runes and translate the novels.

It's time for you to learn runes and read them yourself, lazybum.

Attached: give up.jpg (2790x3300, 657K)

Boogiepix

Attached: D1WK8oUU4AAUEol-1.jpg (432x532, 69K)

The anime cut a lot of scenes from the novel, everytime Boogie wants to make a chuuni appearance he would whistle that song. Also it's Niitoki, not Nikiita.