Rising of the Shield Hero

Did you guys enjoy this week's episode?

Attached: 234235235.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/jeQpmHN6
pastebin.com/MxNgc7Cq
youtube.com/watch?v=428IyxSfsls
twitter.com/kevinpenkin/status/1118591471425327106
youtube.com/watch?v=bfTgYZprfgk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_number
twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1118627800087519232
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was ok, but I still don't understand the weird choice of changing the scene and not making Raphtalia kill the guy herself.

No, nor did I enjoy any of the previous episodes in this trash series

Since they changed the fact that Riff was alive when Raph was sold, she did not have the vengeance boner completed.

aint watched it yet and im just waiting for him to clap some cheeks in the next wave.

Attached: 1555370813569.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

The why do you keep watching it, my dear Lord Satan-sama?

>Why did anime change it, this wasn't in the LN/Manga/etc.
Come on guys, doesn't this happen on most of adaptations?

>Why did the Spice and Wolf Anime skipped a whole volume of the LN?
It happens.

I watch every episode of every anime in every season

how's NEET life treating you?

why

these faggots are too forgiving, they never learn

Good, thanks for asking

I didn't realize the Japs were infected with this 'if you kill him you will be just like him' cancer. So that was retarded, as it usually is.

>spare the fatfuck because muh morals
>almost die
>''kill'' him accidentally
>he actually survives and unseals a fucking dinosaur
I hope she learns from this mistake

RAPHTALIA DID NOTHING WRONG

Attached: nuffinrong.png (1600x900, 1.21M)

>I didn't realize the Japs were infected with this 'if you kill him you will be just like him' cancer
really nigga

Something I didn't understand:
Why didn't Naofumi shield Raphtalia when the fatass disarmed her with his sword?

I only enjoy it when bird loli or hime loli have the spotlight.

I would have liked it if Raph killed the fatty. Seeing the coon suffer was pretty sad though.

she's getting old

because

Attached: jazz intensifies.jpg (480x360, 6K)

>Muh if you kill him you will be just like him
GOD I HATE THIS SHIT

look here, user, don't piss me off, that scene just reeks of bad writing
them going for the "I AM BETTER THAN YOU, unless I kill you LUL" meme instead of having her straight up butchering him lead to her nearly getting injured by him and to that forced CGI dino encounter after he survived a fall on his spine from the 3rd floor.
even as a secondary you can see how bad this is. also it doesn't help knowing that he would have ceased further demi-human torture if was dead, yet she still went for the muh if you kill your enemies they win moral highgrounding

why didn't you protect it, bros?

Attached: 1555086777860.jpg (294x311, 40K)

>REEEE WHY AREN'T THEY EDGY LIKE ME

my brother

Attached: 73393645_p0_master1200.jpg (600x847, 142K)

>if only you knew how bad things really are

But we did.

Attached: 149965874558.jpg (654x960, 126K)

This is a black and white patting yourself on the back kind of series. No gray areas. No thinking.

The part with Raphtalia's skelly friend actually made me cry quite a lot. Some genuine emotion that I haven't felt since the early episodes.

Attached: wa.gif (430x498, 966K)

Filorial queen cunny next episode!

It was kinda fucked up, I didn't remember them straight up showing the bones.

yo why the fuck did i start crying this episode
anime has never made me cry

I mean the novel had Raphtalia straight up stabbing the guy and saying that if they let him live he would keep doing that shit. No idea why the anime changed it to Raphtalia suddenly containing herself.

muh japanese morals i think.

I´ll be honest i love this show and i get a good chub whenever i´m nearing a Wensday but this was in my opiniong a pretty uneventful and boring episode. I dunno i didn´t really feel like i needed more Raphtalia background and i guess if you wanna say worldbuilding alright but i just kinda felt like i was staring at my screen with some decently nice pixels which most of the time was a dull grey and didn´t really have any meaningful character interaction or cool action thing happening or the plot really moving forward.

I dunno i might be gay but i just kind of thought it was a boring episode and just want next WHENsday to come around.

inb4. /thread tell me what you thought or if i´m just not getting it cause i like this show

Attached: Bored hero.png (976x690, 762K)

Because if you've watched any other anime that isn't shit like Naruto or Sword Art Online there would be nothing in this which makes you think it's in any way special or good.

never watched either of those lol

Typical Shieldbaby

Or anything else, clearly.

i guess but isn´t that the same people who literally kill themselves whenever they mess up slightly or commit sepuko when loosing a war on something?

Episode could've been better.

This series keeps insinuating that it's really dark, then proceeds to soften the blow or resolve the problem within one episode. I felt the same way about assassination classroom, but at least this has ~RPG elements~ to keep me interested.

Yeah sorry i dunno what else to say i don´t watch too much anime lately so i mostly just watch this and Jojo and read some manga so i just thought i´d drop by. Sorry if i bothered you man

Attached: Shieldbro.png (1125x681, 63K)

Good lord if this is the fucking standard of writing from this point onwards i'm done with this show.
Literally, in the year of our lord 2019, even entertaining the slightest notion of "le just like him dont kill!!!!" meme. What an absolute fucking joke.

I shouldn't be this angry about a shitty light novel adapation but that is literally insulting the viewer's intelligence to pull out that garbage asspull.

ur so cool and nonchalant, user-sama
teach me to be as cool as u

Attached: 1479157993975.png (232x266, 4K)

Cheers, good to have Shieldbro here, tell me other than the obviously upcoming fight do we get some great battle soon?, also Raphtalia tries to get laid when?

>The lifeless, mass-produced limits of video-games being enforced on a fantasy world which shrilly demands that the viewer take it seriously as a dark and realistic place isn't a bug, it's a feature

Now i'm worried that they won't adapt this.

Attached: x3.png (836x1200, 599K)

>but at least this has ~RPG elements~ to keep me interested.
This
And the Raccoon pussy.

Attached: 1555323586337.png (800x1066, 388K)

I'm not disagreeing with your sentiment, but this show has been pretty stupid throughout.

If they are going to 4kids their own friggin source material than what is the point?!?

What evidence did Raphtalia have that Fat-boy would EVER stop torturing Demi-humans
Literally everyone besides a handful of people in this world have treated her like garbage, the nobles highest on that list.
Why didn't Naofumi even TRY to shield Raph when it was clear that Fat-boy was going to strike at her?
How in the hell did fat-boy survive a fall onto his spine from a 3rd story fall?
Why did the soldiers exclaim he was dead if they weren't even going to go look at his body (And check to see if he was dead)
The slave quarters were surprisingly empty for such a well-off nobleman who could afford to damage his slaves (via torture) at a moment's notice. Hell this is a nobleman who was powerful enough to apparently capture one of his rival land-owners and not break a sweat. Yet his military strength is non-existant and his slaves are LITERALLY 3 children and a spoopy-skeleton.
Why wasn't Fat-boy breeding his slaves to make more torture fodder?

Seriously JUST when I start to like this show they go ahead and disappoint me all over again.
I gotta go watch Senko-san to lower my blood-pressure

Attached: Afyr6XQ.png (980x1400, 848K)

dropped it when they ditched loli Raphtalia

I got excited about this when I thought it would be a hero's descent through madness into villainy. That's a series I would actually care about.

>W-why can´t i have read the manga and have people ask me questions and pay actual attention to me
Seeeeeeeeething

Still come to shit up the threads I see.

>If you kill your enemies, they win

Attached: leaf_King.jpg (720x480, 28K)

I was willing to just turn my brain off, but that was downright heinous.
Give me more edgy antiheroes please, i'm already done with moralfag protagonosts after one show.

that's japan for you i guess.

The major fights that are left are the T-Rex, Firo vs Fitoria, the peanut gallery vs naofumi & co. the pope vs the 4 heroes and their group and the calmira island wave.

It's a shit show which is nothing more than an excuse to shower the oh-so-relatable unfairly victimized self-insert MC with adoring cookie-cutter slave lolis who fawn over him without him having to be exceptional or likeable in any way, segmented with poorly-written and trite 'drama' scenes like this.

There is absolutely nothing new or particularly bad in this new episode and if you got your hopes up in the first place it's your own fault.

The way that Situation got resolved couldnt have been more cliche and cringeworthy. As much as I enjoy watching this show it really does test my patience sometimes

That's fair, the first episode of this is the best one and it is literally all downhill from there, devolving into nothing but bad drama and SOL, neither of which has any sort of impact if you don't self-insert as Naofumi.

I'm flattered you took your trip off just to reply to me. Now take it off for good.

Show is nice for backgrounds and OST so it's pleasant to watch but this episode was absolutely lackluster, pretty much.
Worst move with the fat guy too.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - 15 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.40_[2019.04.18_01.38.01].jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

backing out of killing the guy was dumb and didn't suit naofumi's character, he was never the bleeding heart type before and now suddenly he is?
also the fat fuck surviving getting stabbed in the heart and thrown out 3rd story window was also retarded.
raphtalia lying about not being able to smile since the attack(she's been smiling every episode), and the speech they gave to cheer her up, were really cringey too.

dude that's in every anime. and it's fucking retarded

the background scenes were pretty cliche and unnecessary, but they were better than the dumpster fire that was the rest of the episode

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that you believe that or the fact you're trying to use it as an excuse.

Watch more anime.

Yeah yeah but when is Raphtalia going in for the D? i need the dets i´m a huge waifu fag once i get into a show with any romantic sub-plot i like

Attached: Watch out.png (970x707, 1.2M)

Shieldbro you are a god amongst men.
The way you occasionally share some of your divine wisdom with us, or a comedic tale and made it absolutely clear that it was you, shieldbro who did this, is so kind and generos.
Nobody else has the wisdom and humor that reach even anywhere near your levels.
Every post of you is a blessing.
If I ever manage to successfully impregnate someone of the opposite gender I will name our firstborn: Shieldbro.
I will strive to make him be like you, by having him read an archived and gilded collection of all your posts, every day, before bedtime, and every morning when we wake up.
Thank you.
Thank you for everything, but mainly for existing. I cannot be said enough.
I hope that when your lifetime comes to an end, that you may reincarnate as a Japanese royal with excellent health and wealth.

We do not deserve to be graced by your existence.
Thank you.
Thank you________

Attached: sad yotsuba.png (400x400, 184K)

Nah, the MC is good. It's so rare to have a MC who's actually vindictive and not some moralist fag, while not being an edgelord. It's his character and my investment in seeing him progress and show the other fuckers up that got me interested in this show. But loli retardation(why couldn't fulo just be a fucking bird - who needs a screechy loli?) and cringe-shit like "if u kill him ur just as bad"(which makes no sense with their characters), is just ruining the show.

When is Steven Harper going to stab him and push him out a window? He's man enough to kill his enemies.

I knew you would think that but i can verifably prove that it isn´t me i dare you to ask me to do it faggot

What this show needs is more loli party members.

top ten anime where the MC isn't a complete edgelord but still kills the baddies:

Happy that i´m not being met with animosity but yeah hopefully next week is good

If you actually watch this show for Naofumi I think you might have brain problems.

Jojo

This better be some high-level sarcasm and not you genuinely sucking a tripfag's dick.

>tfw a lolicon tells you you have brain problems
what a time to be alive

Yeah i like Shieldbro and how i can ask him for some leaks but this is going """""""""""""""a bit"""""""""""""" too far

comedy series

Well, there's still the rest of the show to look forward to. I'm somewhat hopeful that they wont change TOO MUCH from the source but i'm not holding my breath for that.

Why didn't Megumin grow when she gained so many levels she class-changed?

I want to get off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride

Attached: bonez.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Yeah I was turned off by how it kind of became a mini harem thing with Melty and Filo but I can over look that and enjoy the show.

I love it because it pisses off the resident edgelords here.

Sorry i´m honestly not sure which you mean is the comedy but i assume and would probably agree with you if phrased as isekai where the mc isn´t edgy and kills baddies

Re:zero, i.e one of few isekais done right

How much rape is in this aside from the first episode. I heard in the novel malty gets raped to death, do you think they'll animate that?

>killing a genocidal maniac, who was 2 minutes away from torturing the princess, so he can't torture and murder people anymore
>is being an edgelord
your mind on autism, everyone

How do you even get raped to death? How many dicks do you take before your HP drops to 0?

This show is a fucking joke. I'm so disappointed. The first episode was really strong but it's all been downhill since then.

Attached: 1517500200340.jpg (159x164, 8K)

Shit drama, even worse resolution. It dragged out dragged out so much it was painful to watch.

Which version of Raphtilia was better? Daughterfu Raphtilia or Waifu Raphtilia?

Attached: raphtilia.png (813x810, 580K)

Stacking bleeding debuffs.

loli Raph is canon

Subaru was an annoying cunt though. He had a mega hate boner for the knights and got his face kicked in by Julius just because Julius kissed Emilia's hand.
Honestly can't remember anything else about it, I only watched the anime(season 1, idk if season 2 is out yet) and despite having a couple movie quality amazing episodes, the rest were very hit and miss and p forgettable.
Does it get better later on in the series? Might return for season 2.

>Resolving problems like you're a 15 year old school shooter

DBZ
HxH
Jojo, MULTIPLE parts with different MCs - 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7, 8 (not animated)
Gurren Lagann
One Punch Man
Madoka
SnK

ALL of these examples are EXTREMELY widely-known and popular and you have no excuse not to know about their existence.

Watch more anime.

Mostly shonen shit which you should go back to the threads to diminish the shittiness already itt.

lmao what really
i liked the SOL shit where he travelled around on his cart and made a name for himself trading shit and fixing villages' problems. was p chill and it was cool to see him finally get some respect.

I think it's less him beinga being a genocidal maniac and more being a zealous psychopath.

>yeah hold on brb ill just take this guy to court real quick - oh wait shit the court is run by the king who appointed him and let him murder and torture

See:
>ALL of these examples are EXTREMELY widely-known and popular and you have no excuse not to know about their existence.
There are dozens and dozens of other shows which do not, as the lying retard claims, put the message of 'if you kill him you're as bad as him' in. I only listed the really popular ones that even the most casual of anime fans would have heard of, but apparently Shield Hero fans don't even watch that.

What the shit no way keel was found this early. Or am i mixing up my volumes?

Another great post
You are amazing

Thank you for posting

>Gets the edgelord release by killing fatty.
>Kingdom now has actual dirt to persecute them.

Such profound "insight"

>that kid that tortured smaller children to death in his basement after school

Attached: 1337893588461.gif (640x360, 731K)

>Raphtalia losing her smile and optimism

Attached: rip.png (3360x1466, 3.1M)

This episode has converted me over to the manga. After seeing people talk about it, I looked up the scene of Raphtalia fighting with the fat fuck from this episode in the manga and holy shit I cannot believe how much they fucked it all up here in the anime. Changing a revenge scene into "you can't kill him or you'll be like him!" is a load of horseshit, what the fuck were they thinking?

I knew adapting this was a mistake, not just because of the adaptation itself, but the retardedness that spawns from it.

Yeah I agree; there are definitely elements in the show that I do like beyond the first episode, but they're buried under all the time wasting bullshit and terrible writing. Plus the animation is really sad and bare-bones. CG enemies just float idly in place patiently waiting for the characters to stop chit-chatting before they ""fight"". It's impossible to get excited for any of the action scenes because of how limpdicked the animation and storyboarding is.

NO

Attached: 1512542697030.png (696x720, 234K)

read i'm biased towards re:zero because i've read the wn which IMO is a masterpiece and you should read it even with season 2 on the horizon (like 2 years from now). arc 4 is much more interesting and explains a lot of shit and emilia gets actual characters development (after a long period of being useless).

More like
>the kid that tears insects' wings off and stomps puppies for fun.

HE POSTED AGAIN
SHOW SOME FUCKING RESPECT OKAY THIS GUY IS SHIELDBRO SO TREAT HIM WITH RESPECT

Just filter him out if he annoys you that much

>implying he won't get blamed for his death anyway
it's like you haven't been paying attention how shit the writing is

>it was sarcasm after all
Man you scared me for a moment.

Ignoring the pissbottles wont make them go away

Anime-only secondary here. When they say Raphtalia was tortured do they mean raped?

>The absence of hope in his eyes
>Hair still unkempt but somehow sadder
>Beard clearly from neglect of self-care
Is this what the average person on Yea Forums looks like

Subaru was an annoying cunt because that his flaw, it's called characterization and not all MCs need to be literal gods mary sues that can do wrong

however, Subaru was only annoying because all that happens to him, it's pretty human honestly, he gets his shit together and actually becomes a pretty based MC at the end

Why not go one step further and read the light novel

So making a totally out of character action as killing people makes the whole scene better? Of all the faults the adaptation has done, you go autistic over this? Grow up, kid.

No, the man just liked the screams nonsexually, he wasn't a pervert.

Raphtalia's face when she's stabbing him makes me diamonds.

>I've got a bone to pick with you, Raphtalia!

Attached: Riff341.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come

Attached: BestGirlNamedrop.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>No, the man just liked the screams nonsexually, he wasn't a pervert.
I think he found demi humans too disgusting to rape and just like torturing them. Like those sickos who torture animals.

That sounds absolutely miserable

they'd already attacking him retard, if they let him live he'd run off saying they tried to kill him and it'd be the exact same situation.
at least with him dead there's a chance it could be blamed on the riot

and all that's irrelevant anyway since naofumi's already wanted anyway, and whether fat-so is dead or not the end result is the same - the only way he can go free is by delivering melty to the queen

Har har user

Attached: 1544058594785.png (187x211, 66K)

Is it only a NEET thing to do that?
Is that how everyone on Yea Forums can tell I'm a NEET when I never even mention it

yeah the waves are cringily bad. they have 5 minute convos with the monsters not even moving, and the boss fights are always the same - they hack and slash, nothing happens, naofumi gets angry and his shield goes on fire, awkwardly taps the baddie with his shield, they go up in flames.

All three (loli, teenager, waifu) are perfection

nah she said she was a virgin

Sure, and the kingdom will also spin it so that the demi-humans are wild animals that need to be put down and will give every citizen in Melromarc an excuse to go full Holocaust on them.

This shit doesn't just affect Shielbro and co. you know.

Is this going to turn into one of those things where Christianity destroyed the Isekai world and turned tyrant or something?

I mean, I can't imagine a person with responsibilities being able to watch all shows every season, there's just not enough time.

i'm not saying they need to be gods, i'm saying MCs need to not be unlikeable pricks. how can you root for them at all otherwise?
not that subaru was unlikeable overall, but he went through phases of it. like sperging out and starting the whole feud with julius for literally no reason.

Only a Christfag would be so worried about making religion look bad.

>Sure, and the kingdom will also spin it so that the demi-humans are wild animals that need to be put down and will give every citizen in Melromarc an excuse to go full Holocaust on them.
And they wouldn't otherwise? How would fatso dying make a difference? If anything, he'd be first to launch the genocide if he was let live.

>naofumi not being a "hurr durr killing murderers makes u a murderer" retard would be out of character
he's never been a bleeding heart bitch boy before

Best girl atla fucking when?

it's a shitty garbage isekai series as bad as the average shitty garbage isekai. this is expected.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If they kill him, that just digs deeper in the whole "shield hero is shit" and "demi-humans are actually terrible monsters" narrative, but if they don't kill him, he'll just do continue on his way.

And this wasn't Naofumi who made the call. If it were up to him, he would've at least broke a few of his limbs before letting him lay there to squirm.

It was Raphthalia who was at his mercy. Naofumi was just standing in the background and you should know she doesn't operate on the same wavelength as him when it comes to revenge.

My gripe with it (less in this series because all the villains are 1D cutouts) is that it's lowhanging fruit ("organized religion BAD") and usually really boring. Like the church stuff in Spice and Wolf was tiresome.

Now if there were a genuinely interesting religious antagonist, where the religion was actually important....I'd watch the hell outta that.

Achshually, attacking someone who just spared your life counts as suicide.

And he wasn't here. He straight up asked her if it would help to kill Fatty. She decided it wouldn't.
Do you really think he would have objected if she'd felt bloodthirsty instead?

When religion presents itself as comically one dimensional in real life, you don't have much to work for.

>Naofumi was just standing in the background and you should know she doesn't operate on the same wavelength as him when it comes to revenge.
>And this wasn't Naofumi who made the call.
He guilted Raph into not killing him. She was hesitating before that, sure, but he still wanted the guy left off the hook and Raph didn't make up her mind until Naofumi spoke up.

>It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If they kill him, that just digs deeper in the whole "shield hero is shit" and "demi-humans are actually terrible monsters" narrative, but if they don't kill him, he'll just do continue on his way.
No it's just a damned if you don't situation. Fatso gets to rape and kill more demi-humans, and run off to the capital telling them that Shield-Hero and the demi-humans attacked his fortress.
They gained nothing by sparing the psycho.

haha funny joke edgelord
if you can't see the implication behind that question then you're a socially unaware autist.
he said "yada yada you've grown in other ways beyond your sword", implying she's grown enough as a person to spare him.
just rewatch the fucking scene it's not like it's subtle

In this case is more like a sect that split off from the "main" religion managed to get a lot of power in a shithole of a country and it's fucking things up.

Did your hate for that scene cloud everything that happened afterwards? All what fatty wanted was to get rid of Shieldbro's party for humiliating him and all that at the cost of his life.

He was RIP either way.

>haha funny joke edgelord

Yep, definitely a Christfag. Don't you have to go to bed early and annoy the neighborhoods to spread "the word" tomorrow?

>DBZ
but Goku never wants to kill anyone. Let a literal space-Hitler who JUST genocided a planet live

You're just an apologist to the point where you'll lie and accept anything to avoid criticism of the show. Sparing fatso made fuck all sense, him surviving getting stabbed in the heart made less sense, him surviving that AND FALLING 3 STORIES is bullshit plot armour.
It's just a poorly written episode all around, even if you ignore them sparing him.

I love this show but this episode was a total shitfest

Not even the same guy. I just think you're an unfunny queer. You didn't address anything he said other than "hurr durr religion is one dimensional why did my father beat me"

This episode made no sense. Raphael didn't kill that guy yet felt immense remorse as if she had committed a huge sin (noooo I can't smile I killed a man) because she fucking defended herself and the fat fuck fell through a window, with couple of convenient soldiers down there declaring him dead right away. Expect for some reason he didn't die at all and apparently the soldiers just kind of guessed he was dead without checking his pulse or anything

He isn't particularly bloodthirsty but he has absolutely no issue with killing people. He felt sorry for Frieza at the end of it because he figured out that the guy had lost and could barely fight anymore, but he didn't hesitate to kill him or others. Buu he killed with a smile on his face.

Sorry not sorry that I don't take my cartoons so seriously like a pedantic loser who can't into suspension of disbelief in a fucking fantasy isekai no less at the same time I can still understand what they were trying to go for here.

You seem mighty triggered to even reply. Just proves your paper thin skin.

>Being disappointed by shitty writing makes you a pedantic loser
I'm not the guy you're arguing with and I never had hopes to begin with for this shitshow but that is the absolute most pathetic defense for it lmao

>spends last half hour desperately trying to defend shitty writing in his favourite cartoon
>realises he has nothing left to say
>"w-well i never cared a-anyway..."

The idea that thoughtful, interesting people couldn't possibly embrace a religion or that a religion couldn't possibly be interestingly, even compellingly depicted in art is amusing.

>hurr durr shit writing have to act like MAL/Reddit/ANN now

Every single time. Like clockwork.

Disappointed she didn't go rabid racoon on the guy like she does in the manga. Instead they had to go and have him fall out of the window instead of her throwing him out.

Attached: 63983.jpg (604x856, 211K)

>it's reddit to not suck the writers' dicks
Why are you so gay for this cartoon that you cant accept any criticism

They do exist, but you won't be finding those in Abrahamic religions in Japanese media.

>it's so kewl and edgy to have a hateboner

It's not so much the series I'm white knighting more so of the dare I say cliche attitude Yea Forumsutists have over plot.

>Trash got to cum inside this

Attached: 1555524137414.jpg (3268x3424, 2.49M)

For me the manga died when the chocobo turned into a little girl and all development and hope of a romantic relationship between the mc and racoon girl ceased to exist. It turned into a generic harem.
Does it get better?

>thinking a guy being stabbed through the heart, falling 3 floors, and surviving isn't perfectly logical is having a hateboner
>thinking sparing a murderer, who was just about to murder their friend and will go on to murder more, is dumb is having a hateboner
You're just a fucking fanboy

You're almost certainly right (Kids on the Slope is the closest thing I can think of). A combination of Abrahamic religion being ~1.2% of the population and a (maybe?) cultural hatred of organized religion in general.

I guess it'd be like trying to find a compelling depiction of Shinto or Buddhism in western art.

Wasn't Fatty-kun just high-level so he'd survive anyway? Thought that's what they were going for

> speedreader-kun
She said she couldn't smile the same way she did because she killed a person.

Still dumb though. We systematically kill people we deem evil all the time as a country.

They shouldn't try then. I've yet to see Shintoism be shown in anime at all either other than characters lighting candles.

>Going on an absolute sperg explosion over this scene instead of just letting it go.
>Fatso died in the end so why even harp over this?
You're just a nitpicking autist.

In the anime she said that out of order so I misinterpreted. Still retarded though since she didn't even kill him, he fell out the window after he attacked her.

>I've yet to see Shintoism be shown in anime at all either other than characters lighting candles.

You clearly haven't watched much anime.

>They shouldn't try then
Agreed. They should leave it out entirely unless they're going to do it right
That was my entire point.

>nitpicking
>surviving a 3 story fall after getting stabbed through the heart is a minor detail

Saint Oniisan also counts as portraying Jesus Christ as a chill dude.

I'm agreeing with you, I'm not the edgelord tard from earlier.

>An entertainment medium that caricatures something I obsess with shouldn't try.

You're just as bad as the Mohammedians who killed journos at Charlie Hebdo.

Not sure if you're just making another unbearably unfunny joke or just this retarded

not gonna lie watched the episode at 2x speed

Nice reddit spacing

I thought everyone dropped this shit

>Gasp, he's attacking my religion, I must respond.
Seethe more, Christfag.

Surely resurrection magic is a thing in this world.

Attached: 1430010522205.png (286x356, 101K)

>unironically believes complaining about shitty writing is the same as gunning down cartoonists for jokes
Negative IQ

All Raphs are good but I like loli Raph's hair the most cuz it's fluffy

There isn't. At best you can stuff someone's soul into a homunculus body.

Welcome to fantasy where MAGIC can decide to kill/unkill on a whim.

dropped

Attached: fuck this.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

>Unironically believes that real world murders are a fine line joked not to be crossed on Yea Forums.
Thin skinned Christfaggot.

He didn't cast any magic retard. The soldiers saw him smack the ground and they thought he was dead.
You're just making shit up again just because you're too much of an ass blasted fanboy to accept criticism

I never said you crossed any lines retard, just that you're a painfully unfunny tard.

You wouldn't go out of your way to call my "unfunny" if somehow it didn't personally offended you, you faggot.

>How in the hell did fat-boy survive a fall onto his spine from a 3rd story fall?

He's really fat

>"i cant actually be an unfunny retard you must just be mad"

I was talking about the magic sword numbnuts, but since you can't let go of "muh fall" so much

>He didn't cast any magic retard. The soldiers saw him smack the ground and they thought he was dead.
>thought

There ya go. Add to the fact that we didn't see him go splat on screen, remains dubious about his deathfall. It's not out of the possibility to still keep breathing after falling from three stories.

Chances of that happening is 0%. But the anime end will find something sweeter for Malty.

>A fucking skeleton

Absolutely brutal. I don't even know the character really, but I am fucking mad.

Attached: 151.gif (500x341, 413K)

>soldiers thinking a guy who should be dead should be dead is proof him not being dead makes sense
Holy shit you're retarded

"if I keep saying this dude is unfunny, he will go away."
Sorry, just like praying, your problems don't go poof so easily.

Rewatch the scene and come back to me if how they showed him falling guarantees he croaked.

Staple McFuckinEdgeLord. There's no peace in killing something.

I never said they showed him die retard, I said it makes no sense he isn't dead. The fact the soldiers saw him fall negates the possibility of him landing on a conveniently placed trampoline and whatever other retard theories you'd desperately make to justify the shitty writing.

>if you kill them they win
Trudeau tier retardation here

I tried reading the manga until motoyasu accuses naofumi of killing the other two and I can't stand the fact that almost everyone in this show has 3 IQ. Does it get any better?

>If you kill him he wins
Fuck this stupid trope. She had every right to kill him.

Attached: 8956y423089y5t84y5809.jpg (1675x926, 97K)

why is keel kun so FUCKING CUTE

You're even more retarded if you think a 3 story fall is instant death. His last appearance clearly showed him injured from the fall. I guess for you, if you fall from a certain threshold of height then you're splat dead which even in reality does not happen. But hurr too butthurt so just gonna keep saying "shit writing" that'll show him.

>/pol/shit out of nowhere
Don't you have KyoAni/VEG/Carole & Tuesday thread you need to shit up?

Yeh no sorry buddy outside of your gat Mary Sue fanfictions people don't get up from being stabbed in the heart and falling 3 stories.
His neck, spine or legs, depending on how he landed, should be broken. But nah, he gets up and walks away just fine.

I have no idea what any of that means you bumblimg autist. Hasn't your handler ever told you not to sperg out in front of strangers?

You'll hate itsuki after the island arc.

>Has blood trailing from his head.
>Fine.
LMAO, and you keep insisting I'm the retard. Do me a favor and find a building of similar height and jump out of there as well.

>literal papercut of blood
That's fine to anyone who isn't a fucking hypochondriac basement dweller. Certainly not the worst that'd happen to you after FALLING 3 FUCKING STORIES.

>if I kill him, I'll just be like him
I sure don't remember this being in the novel

Attached: 1440197276617.png (514x429, 219K)

Outside of Re:Zero and Overlord Season 1, are there any other good isekai? Is how not to summon a demon lord any good?

Attached: C1DAA5F2-0AB5-4289-8CD3-4FEE9B3F4B22.jpg (2560x956, 652K)

>papercut of blood
Newsflash nigger, no one explodes liters of blood from that fall. Stop watching too much Fist of the North Star.

>sorry i forgot how to smile
>smiled nearly every day later on with Naofumi
Did she fucking forget in the 10 minutes after she """killed""" fatty or some shit?

I want to fuck Riffana chan! hehehe

Attached: riffana chan.jpg (1019x519, 205K)

>/pol/fag making a freudian slip
>I-I don't know what that means y-you fag
Fuck outta here.

Newsflash nigger, you fall 3 stories you break that fucking empty fanboy skull of yours.

I get it, if I looked like you then I wouldn’t believe in a loving God either.

is the rest of the show going to be as shittily written as this episode was?

???
What does Trudeau have to do with whatever the fuck you were screeching?

After seeing this garbage episode, there's a good chance

what the fuck were they thinking?

>Hurr, I'm the authority in all things falling down.

>Christfag
Rent free

I expected them to add more focus on Raph's past, so I expected some flashbacks. But 3/4 of the show AND anime only shit changes? Not to mention the bird queen shit arc is coming up, I have absolutely no hope

Take your meds

loli

the same reason they changed Asuna not killing kuradeel while in LNs she killed him with cold blood....also she kicked fairy king shit in the balls in Web Novel....but anime and Ln got rid of all of that just for the sake of "muh waifu can't be a murder" what a bullshit

Attached: Sword_10_7.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Demon lord is fun but mainly a lewd/harem anime.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT TO BE MOTOYASU WHY I CAN'T BE HIM

Attached: Sad loli.jpg (521x604, 54K)

they improved it, having Naofumi jump in and save her was stupid

>atheistfag can’t handle people defending the scene
>going for the lol it’s a cartoon who cares about discussion xd route
Kill yourself Yea Forumsermin

man...aids-chan death made me tear up as fuck...and with you are never alone playing in the backgroud was one of the most tearful anime scene ever...Sachi's death was a bit sad...but aids chan...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Mistake: She didn't kill him in Light novels...but she did kill him with cold blood in Web Novels...that is sure

That man died user.

Attached: 1358627007550.gif (300x196, 1024K)

>making the worst arc even worse now

Attached: but why.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

which scenes were anime only?

Attached: 1453710697873.jpg (619x619, 64K)

Raphtalia not stabbing the big guy

how so? I have seen many crunchybros praising the episode, one of the commentaries mentioned that the story is getting better...what did they fuck up?

but she stabbed him...

Attached: Captura.png (654x384, 239K)

With the mana sword.
see

Raph didn't go full Batman and actually stabbed the fat fuck in the mango.

Literally pic related

Attached: if-you-kill-your-enemies-they-win-justin-trudeau-13924022.png (500x303, 87K)

I have translated spear hero wn ch 47: pastebin.com/jeQpmHN6

previously on Yea Forums, pastebin.com/MxNgc7Cq

yes, now watch while me and my friends handcuff your daughter to a fence and have some fun with her

>forcing a loli slave to fight for you because it's your only option
I don't see how this isn't a grey area, even if he's nice to Raphtalia, isn't forcing her to fight at least a little bit questionable? Naofumi is somewhat justified in doing so, but it's not clearly black and white.

Attached: 1546941478396.gif (152x191, 18K)

>demi humans playing poverty ball
I really felt for them, what a horrible fate.

Thank you again for the chapter.

Actually everything is fair game unless you were to abuse your own slaves in public. That's not allowed. However, a loophole exists in which you can "borrow" slaves and do whatever you want with them. At least that's how the slave merchant explained in vol 10.

Ok but please don't take her anal virginity

Meant to quote too

Dropped.

Attached: mpv-shot0025.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

We heard you the first 4 times.

Don't worry he will come back next week

it's not a grey area because she would be dead if he hadn't taken her in, and he would be dead if he didn't have a fighter
and that's ignoring the fact that at the point of the cerberus kill and beyond, she's fighting willingly because she wants to help him

morality is something only those with sufficient power can afford to handicap themselves with

Oh now I get it...you know crunchy is co-producing it...so most likely they had to do with waifuing her to the point to not let her became a murder., stupid decision because this is about revenge and real behaviour towards an enemy...or maybe director did a bad very bad move.

On the other hand..

how likely is that they will change some Raph's actions in the remaining episodes?

Attached: 36721167447076.jpg (400x297, 39K)

I've never understood how people hate the fact that Subaru is insufferable for most of the anime. Seemed real obvious that the point of the show was to illustrate what someone like him would actually be in a fantasy world.

It's not really her I'm worried about for future episodes, it's more how Naofumi will deal with the queen coming back situation. He can't just bring up the shitty "will killing him solve anything?" line then act how he does later in the source.

>how likely is that they will change some Raph's actions in the remaining episodes?
There's nothing major that they could fuck up other than fighting motoyasu, snapping naofumi out of his wrath shield uses and her burying rifana's remains.

I have a friend that is always anxious about each week's episode, he is truly enjoying the show and after today's one he said it was the best written story ever...

what should I tell him to realise that it is not?

Attached: gEOKk0P.jpg (810x780, 70K)

CGI DINOSAUR

Just let him enjoy it if he likes it that much, leave the shitflinging for your anonymous friends

Cool. I don’t need deep themes, just something fun and entertaining without glaring plot holes.

>he is truly enjoying the show
You could let him enjoy what he's watching, or you could be based and tell them how shitty the adaptation did this episode. I have friends enjoying it as well and I can not let them enjoy something I don't because I'm a faggot.

Such a fucking waste JESUS CHRIST

Simple
Lurk moar and watch more anime other than the current fad of the month shit.

you could offer to suck his dick in return for ceasing to enjoy it

>how do I ruin my friend’s good time?
You don’t deserve friends

Attached: 5BD62518-C2FA-4300-8E05-F28A2F267BEE.png (410x454, 239K)

oh no no no no shieldbros it wasn't supposed to look like that

Attached: cgi-dinosaur.png (850x383, 363K)

ur so cool user

Are you honestly trying to imply this sort of shit writing isn't off putting to most people by claiming they're all one person?

Attached: Capture.png (336x339, 15K)

holy finna YIKES

I guess we won't see some anons in the next's episode threads.
Good.

Attached: 1555163365905.jpg (2160x2160, 1.65M)

Remember kids you have to let the evil guy go so he can absolutely assuredly kill more people or you're just like him. Remember, it's the moral thing to do.

Attached: mpv-shot0026.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Forget everything else, this is the only thing that stuck out from the episode: youtube.com/watch?v=428IyxSfsls

When they all post the same image, yes.

it's our fault for creating batman
we set a bad example

wait don't tell me, has this show also have dinosaurs? please, someone tell me that dinosaur has a reason to exist in a medieval era, ok I know dragons were a thing back then but dinosaurs??

Attached: 162541b09c984de0b2edf209507feeb31476620295_full.png (640x360, 269K)

It was apparently sealed long long ago.

D-don't say that. That is mean, bruh ;_;

Attached: cj2r57a7n0c21.jpg (749x801, 114K)

not the first fantasy universe to feature dinosaurs , tought generaly they are found in like fucking jungles not in european medieval like areas

>same
It's the worst offender and there's only 3 frames of animation during that line. Literally a 1 in 3 chance they'll all rook same.

will best girl atlas show up? will she have any screen time?

Attached: 1542277170421.png (314x278, 129K)

>apparently
Thanks for the answer, user, that explains everything

Attached: 3100748d171ed6978869b7dbcdf77ce0--kawaii-girl-phantom.jpg (236x290, 15K)

>I know dragons were a thing back then
Uuh

Have to keep in mind that Japanese (popular) fiction morality largely aligns with Western "Silver Age" comic morality where any straying from the good pretty much kicks you down the slope to the realm of evil. This is reinforced by pure waifu mentality and the absolute need for the industry to sell produced goods of said pure waifus. There are currently popular IPs which do manage to get away with this, with F:GO sidetracking around the entire obstacle course with its whole 'you only really have a splinter of the original, who is your pure bro/waifu btw' and Gundam being all about the struggle between white and grey morality.

Chrono Trigger had dinosaurs.

Golden Age Batman makes sense because no one ever dies. It's that sort of story. But in any universe where people are being killed stone dead the obvious immorality of not putting down rabid dogs is obviously obvious.
Unfortunately Shield Hero with it's death, rape dungeons, and literal chatle slavery is one of those settings that creates massive cognitive dissonance between the deuteragonist spouting that crap line and the world they live in.

The thing is that the novel already avoided it by having Ralph straight up stab him, but for some reason the studio decided to change it

user is clearly posting from future Westeros

They're found in some mountain ranges, so motoyasu says.

Filler episode is clearly a filler episode. Gotta cut corners where you can find them.

It's like a demon, but it looks like a dinosaur. Still a dinosaur, but it's like a legendary beast or some shit

Extremely disappointed by the changes this episode made from the LN.
Raphtalia should've skewered the guy and pushed him out the window.
also the dinosaur looks even cheesier than I imagined it and the LN made it sound pretty cheesy.

but she ended up killing someone...weren't she talking about the fat guy?

Attached: screencap.png (528x306, 124K)

You might like Isekai Smartphone if that's the case.

She stabbed him with a sword that only kills like ethereal beasts and he tripped out the window from the knockback. The fact that she's blaming herself is retarded as is. She was, indeed talking about fat guy.
In the novel, she actually fucking smoked him.

>Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san
>Tate No Yuusha
Damn, Wednesdays are now the most exciting days of the week.

Now I am curious, if the dinosaur appears in the LN, how was it summoned if the fatboy was killed by Raphtalia?

Attached: 1554652204449.gif (500x281, 907K)

I really hate that about the nips, they have no problem with other anime killing senselessly, often without a point but when it’s an important part of the character’s story they hold it back cause it’s wrong. Fuck them

in the LN did he still somehow survive the wound and the fall to summon the dino?

Anime Ralph doesn't kill defenseless or defeated men. Even when fighting the disguised footmen assassins, she didn't kill any of them. The line is seemingly drawn at killing humans on purpose, so as to accentuate Shield party's pure innocence.

Might be tangentially related to the challenge of making a distrustful slaver protagonist with dark humors appealing without propping up his flaws and sins as virtues for a target audience who largely draw their own morality lines at 'is she pure' and 'is she a virgin'.

She stabbed him, and he fell, but he barely survived and broke the seal anyway.
The important point is that she tried to kill him instead of spouting comic book killing is bad nonsense

Yeh.

Yes, he survived it but it was the stab itself that made him fly out of the window. Raphtalia was blatantly going for the kill.

>man...aids-chan death made me tear up as fuck.
You are a faggot of the highest calibur

A FGO gamer made news by threatening a whole company with mass murder, so it might be slightly related to how otaku can be unhinged and take stories the wrong way. (Fuck those garbage closet otaku types.)

Its ok, they deserve it for making that scam of a game

Agreed. Death to them all.

Anything can be a scam if you pay too much into something, like the 4ch pass. :3

Smartphone is edgier than Shield Hero now though.

Attached: nothing personal, kid.png (1280x720, 560K)

There are plenty of Western fiction that goes flip flop when it comes to killing.

Yeah like for real. This show tries to be all feely yet they avoid any action death or killing its fucking edgy and I almost quit watching because of it, because its sooo fucking obvious that they are avoiding. Especially in ep. 9 when Filo got eaten and survived. IMO the director is complete trash and needs to be fired before he completely ruins the show. It would be so much better if it was at least a bit darker

did you miss the part where raphatalia actively goes out of her way not to kill the kings guards? did you miss the scene where she doesnt kill the bandits?

based mango

Attached: 1529614167906.png (301x379, 99K)

They can't really go darker without making Shield&Squirrel out to be crazy. At the end of the day, its a "healing" romance saga. Its not really about the world or the war, even though they're the more interesting parts of the show at this point.

ohhh, riff raph. thanks user

JS/JC loli version. Obviously.

Not really. Felt too cliche, forced, stagnant. Raph should’ve killed him, and if she didn’t then he should’ve died from the fall out of a 3-4 story window. Having the guy who abuses (and probably rapes) his slaves die by coincidence so our good guys could remain pure and innocent just felt cheap. The dinosaur... Jesus fuck that’s stupid. At least go for a different design. A fucking dinosaur? I feel like raph should’ve had more severe distress too. Even just a minor breakdown. The show is making it too easy for them beyond Myne being a bitch, there’s just too much of of a forced easy flow

lewd

Attached: 1454603080660.jpg (284x338, 34K)

What the fuck is Rifana anyways?
A lion?

Attached: 2242597.png (1280x720, 477K)

i was really hoping to see a brutalized corpse hanging from chains. the skeleton was underwhelming. who leaves a corpse to rot in a dungeon like that, it's going to smell up the whole place

SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS

That begs the question... why did they leave a body in a cell so long that it decomposed to a Skelton?

Hasn't it only been a couple months since raph left there?
Strange that she decomposed so quickly.

Since she left the slave seller maybe, but i dont think we know how long she was there for.

Anyway, i didn't like the fact that it was another
>if i kill him im no different than him
episode. But otherwise, the scene in the dungeon was really good. Mixed bag of an episode.

Weasel.

Besides there might had been vermin(big vermin perhaps, as is a fantasy world) gnawing on her bones.

It was spooky.

This show makes me cry, just like i did when the 240Z got hijacked and wrecked in Wangan Midnight D:
I mean if they don't do that, then Otaku's will Reeeeee and get the show canceled.
Tell him he's wrong, the best episode was the one where they had the Duel. I bet the author was a Tank in an MMO.
has dragons
>omg LOL Dinozaurs
neck yourself
Underground, her body probably got eaten by parasites, ants, flies etc.
Probably takes about a month minimum before all flesh and tissue deteriorates. So if she died when raphtalia left the same day, it means she was owned by the slave midget for about two weeks, and she probably spent more than a month with Naofumi.

Attached: 1552822160721.png (1280x2160, 2.99M)

she does look kinda happy

What’s the point of killing him? He is nobility, by executing him she’d be just as bad as him. At that point he was unarmed & begging for his life, it’s different if he was armed and attacking her. Also remember they had Melty, it wouldn’t go well if they start executing her subjects in front of her.

People have survived falls of 3-4 stories. Plus remember this is fantasy, he’s probably got some levels on him. So he would have enough HP to survive a fall like that.

Yes he abuses slaves, but it was hinted at since the beginning that Raphtalia’s former owner was abusive. Also seeing how they were near her former residence, it’s not that much of a stretch that a neighbor took the demis as slaves.

The dinosaur is a half dragon. It also has a dragon emperor shard which is why the previous heroes just sealed it. Raph did break down, Naofumi was there to bring her back.

JUST

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - 15 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.49_[2019.04.18_01.42.42].jpg (1280x720, 60K)

her VA really needs to practice her crying

Motoyasu pls

They should have killed her best friend for real to achieve maximum effect

does anyone have a webum of rap's laments?

>by executing him she’d be just as bad as him
Stopped reading there. That’s C-grade cliche bullshit for Saturday morning cartoons. Quit being a faggot.

>I bet the author was a Tank in an MMO.
Ragnarok Oline apparently, as a defense-oriented paladin

>this scares away the chinamen audience

kiss him, you fool!

twitter.com/kevinpenkin/status/1118591471425327106

He actually likes it.

How the hell do you actually defend this episode? I think I lost all respect for him.

Almost as if he has to promote it

No, it was a bad directed and felt to rushed, there was barely any importance to the current plot.

I don't know why I'm still watching this.
It had interesting premise but 15 eps later there's still nothing interesting.
Two weeks ago I commented that Raphtalia's lack of character. Some user told me to wait a week. She has a backstory now, but it didn't make her any more interesting.
OP asked if people enjoyed it. This is my answer, no I didn't like it.
Yeah I'm a hater. Stop liking what I don't like.

I have the weirdest boner...

I'm liking it. What are you gonna do about it? Shoot up a school?

I thought KC was going to fix their shit after the whole debacle with KM. But now they're back to their old ways of changing shit. At least they didn't ruin MiA.

I was worried they would do this. Not killing someone can be a good cliche, especially in a shaded of grey scenario, a preserving innocence, or letting justice take over, or to combat obsession.

This is none of those scenarios. This is white black morality, she's a hardened combat vet, there is no justice in the world, and it was a presented opportunity, not an obsession.

What a waste of time, this entire arc could be written out and the character would be even more compelling. No season 2 confirmation, we got 10 more episodes and the studio wasted our times with this garbage, what a waste.

>Calling a robot a man
You've already lost.

KM?

No I am just gonna whine about it.
Is this a trick to get me to go outside?

in the LN the reason her best friend died is because Raph panic attack at night made her friend unable to sleep and rest.

Kuma Miko. Manga that's been adapted to anime and it ended with OC. Writer had to come out to apologize and say that was OC and he had no involvement in it.

LoGH
Earth Church killed to the last man

I was thinking more along the lines of "sometimes it's okay to kill people you little shits". They literally have a serial torturer, and the imperial princess behind them. Just ask her for permission to execute. Bam.

That and if enemies of the shield hero keep dying when they're sent against him, it really will stop the flow of people willing to go against you.

OH THAT yeah what a shitfest that was.

It wasn't "OC". The director just took the manga chapter, stretched it out, destroyed any context, and called it a day. It was still in the manga.

The anime was great for the first 3 episodes. It was still good up to episode 5. Then it just went downhill. No fault on the anime in itself, the material just isn't very good after the initial premise. Everything is just "typical isekai trash". I'm still watching because of the OST. I guess that's what they mean when they say this anime was advertised highly to the west? Kinda the same thing with bad anime with popular VAs so they can sell to the Japs.

I liked it, it was pretty good.
>Inb4 if you kill him you are like him
Raphtalia is the goodest of Pretty Princesses.

>CGI dinosaur

i hate modern anime

What's the point of in showing he's from another world if he isn't gonna use his knowledge from the other world for anything useful? What's really the point in showing he was a NEET who spent most of his days reading LNs? The show could have taken the part and still work out fine.

no

I don't know anything about the advertising, it's on my radar because I've seen it mentioned many times before the anime was announced. Often regarded as one of the best isekai. If the anime is not to blame, then I don't understand why it was so highly praised.

The only ones that are arguably on the same level of this are Mushoku Tensei and maybe Arifureta which are both getting anime adaptations which will likely be butchered as well.

>Arifureta
Is it worse than shield hero?

It's way edgier and I preferred Shield because characters are not as annoying.

I don't mind edgy, but will the writing send me into a conniption?

I don't know what your BS threshold is. You read it yourself.

So people would relate more to him. The whole point of Iseaki is so the readers/watchers can self-insert and fulfill their fantasy of going to a video game world

What about spear hero. Who would even relate to motoyasu in his insane state?

>Did you guys enjoy this week's episode?

It was nice to see the fake surrender by that Baron Idol nobility guy. Sort of like real-life medieval entitled nobility. If you spared them, they would come back to oppress you if they could.

We have demi-human fuckers in this site. Just hang around Senko threads.

He’s not MC, his backstory doesn’t matter. He’s just there to propel the plot at times. That being said I’m sure a few lolicons (more than a few) watch this show

Meant the spear hero spinoff.

>Yet his military strength is non-existant and his slaves are LITERALLY 3 children

He's an example of the nobility without a portfolio. Some nobles have towns and vast profitable areas and natural resource points such as mines. So those nobles would have soldiers and be able to pay for large numbers of other staff. He might only have his property and the serfs that work on them without his own town to rule for taxes. Or he could be the proxy administrator for a town but the taxes go to someone else. SInce such things happened in real life medieval society, they can happen in anime too???

Or it could be that naofumi & co sort of blitzed through his territory, bypassing knights and stuff which were there.

if they kill that dinosaur they'll be just like it

They don't have to

>if they kill that dinosaur they'll be just like it
If they kill the demons, they become the demons. They must peacefully ask the waves to stop!

They actually did that on the sequel to Jurassic World

The way they avoided showing the skeleton so much made me think they wouldnt show any corpse at all
The shock was nice, now if they replaced it with hanging corpse it would be too kino for an isekai

rats I guess

I found the feminist, guys!

And then raphtalia became a raph-chan

>Disliking fantasy swords and sorcery with RPG elements isekai #2792 means you must be a feminist
Shart Hero just isn't a very good show, it has a good OST and some great background art and a really promising first episode but other than that there's no substance.

Much dead lolis, very good.

>What about spear hero
even after finishin the wn I could never bring myself to like the rest of the heroes

By WN you mean the Main or Spinoff?

Main

If you're simply judging the anime, then I can see that but the actual source is pretty engaging. If you can't even like that then sorry mate, isekai just isn't for you.

I can see your point but Shieldbro is okay. I'd say I prefer him with the tripcode because he loves this series and he would never post a fake spoiler, for example. You lot constantly nagging him to shut up or discard the trip are more obnoxious in my opinion and it derails the thread.

Ah yeah, i get what you mean

>shield hero is representative of isekai as a whole and if you don't like it you're wrong
holy fuck, what shithole did you crawl out of

I like Vision of Escaflowne. I liked the Chronicles of Narnia. I don't like Shield Hero.

>Likes Chronicles of Narnia
I always knew the average Yea Forumsnon has children's taste in books.

>I know dragons were a thing back then

Attached: 1529348385831.gif (500x455, 496K)

My dad read it to me when I was a kid, I haven't reread it since but it's nostalgic to me.

>it's the norm to think Shield Hero is shit now because anime.

Just because Batman is a horribly written shitfest doesn't mean people should constantly copy said shit writing.

Well it's juvenile shit even lower than the series you dislike and your dad should feel bad for having read shit to you.

let's talk about keel.

Attached: kiel awoo.png (642x766, 209K)

>he thinks I'm calling it shit because other people are calling it shit
I didn't realize people aren't allowed to dislike things now

Cute boy

Alright user, I still don't like Shield Hero.

>Assumes that people were hating on the series before the anime
>Goes on a persecution complex about "not allowing people to dislike things"
Wew, the absence of reading comprehension

Given that you started bitching about feminism just because someone didn't like it it's kind of looking as though you're way too defensive.

>Assumes that people were hating on the series before the anime
At least there were a few that did, or didn't like how the series went past a certain point.

What the fuck are you on about? Are you going to keep skirting around the rebuttal against your retarded claims or are you just going to greentext against some strawman and wave some invisible argument around as if it held any ground?

would ravage his boipussy and then cuddle, pat his head and tell him how much of a good job he did

I wasn't the feminist user. You tried though.

That's rich coming from someone who did the same greentexting strawman earlier.

Motoyasu's only crime is liking cute things!

Funny how you spread your version of "the word" on the internet. Why atheist missionaries are always so pathetic?

Everything that happened was better in every other adaptation

>If you can't even like that then sorry mate, isekai just isn't for you.
Okay tard

Not my fault you got triggered by that. Maybe it's time for you to go lie down.

I expected nothing less from someone who likes Shield hero. Have fun talking in circles with ESL grammar. I guess it is the SEAfag timezone right now after all.

>Resorts to the SEA bogeyman
lmao /pol/tard reveals his true colors.

The thing you forgot is that this world operates on different laws of physic, namely the game-like system. The damage is calculated depending on stats of both attacker and defender and the fat noble was a high-level war veteran. In-universe it is plausible he would survive.

>Resorts to the /pol/ bogeyman
lmao illiterate eslfag reveals his true colors.

>I have no argument so I'll just copy what he says to sound funny.
Such compelling replies.

Pretty sure fall damage is it's own instance. A high enough fall will kill you regardless. How high 'probably' depends on how much HP you have.

people can get sick and stay sick for a long time, but the way raphtalia's flashback played out it seemed like she ended up at the slave tent and got picked up by shield bro shortly after. idk though, the merchant did say she looked like she didn't have long left. i got sick once and stayed sick for like over 3 months, had the haggard worn out look and everything.

I meant that Raph probably dealt him rather low to average damage during their duel and he was a high level and probably had a lot of HP. Should have made it clear instead of that messy implication.

Oozing irony.

the coons spats of jealousy are absolutely adorable though. 3 character fawning over the mc is a bit much otherwise

>raped to death
she didn't happen to get raped to death by little green men in a cave did she? dimensional gates are a bitch

I miss the old Batman, where he actually killed people.

teen and waifu are perfection

Yeah, keep replying like the badass edgy user that you are.

Projecting a little huh?

a few shades darker for this episode and it would have been so much better

>Still replying

Do they keel over?

My favorite Isekai or whatever weeb word people like using is probably the Thomas Covenant series. It's a little like shield hero except the rape was real and the people were even more desperate to have him save the world and the protagonist was even more resentful to the world.

It's a meme over how the English professor who wrote it used large and uncommon words for things and was a difficult read.

The eternal champion books, while not using a modern setting protagonist, would constantly send the protagonist into other fantasy worlds which were completely alien to him. Good luck finding a much darker setting than what Moorecock wrote.

I don't understand the elitism going on, it's perfectly fine to have a setting that isn't the deepest and darkest so long as the protagonist has clearly defined goals and desires and faces off against interesting impediments to those goals.

I have a problem with the latest episode, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that the entire story is garbage because it's not some high level fiction story is a bit absurd.

HEY! i told you if you ever left my head again i´d beat your ass

>Still shitposting
Yikes

>makes the anime to appeal overseas
>twist the story to shoehorn cuck western morality
>normalfags love the anime
Sasuga kinema citrus. Now in what episode will Naofumi accept refugees in his party?

>Yikes
You just threw in the towel with this one.

tdlr; cure your reddit spacing, newfag

Just trying to help you out since you seem to be using Google translate or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=bfTgYZprfgk

Attached: 1322784597002.jpg (400x299, 15K)

not this season at least.

Spare me the patronizing shit.

can someone explain what happened on the original material? did she kill him? was there any slave survivor at all?
but what have the sword to do with anything? didn't we already saw it doesn't actually hurts but what? does some kinda bullshit magic damage? i don't even understand what the fuck it does but she cut down the bitch princess as well with it and nothing happened
still i think he should've died from that fall, also the soldier with his
>he's dead!
is completely stupid, how much of an idiot you have to be to claim your master is dead without even confirm it, i really laughed when the fat fuck appeared again
also the
>if you kill him you're just as bad as him
was so fucking stupid i almost stopped watching

Long story short, raphtalia was going to murder the fat guy so no more victims would spring up due to his abuse. But turns out the guy is a fucking class-upped war veteran(around lvl 60-80) and it becomes a fucking boss fight. In the end she had stabbed his shoulder with a real sword, let go and stabbed him through the chest with the magic sword, pushing him into the window and he fell down to his apparent death. Then after the basement thing, they were preparing to leave but it turns out the fat noble survived and broke the seal on the T-rex, who then proceeded to squash him like a bug.

so the "apparent death by fall" was canon, it kinda have more sense since he was boss tier

That's how mafia works.

While I understand your sentiments it really is minor change.

why the fuck is the set of real numbers outside of the set of complex numbers and quarternions.

Melty should have passed judgment and ordered Raph to execute. Then it would be nice and legal. No blood on Raphs hands.

Why do this when you can put a slave brand on them? I've never been a partisan of killing bad guys, I prefer humiliation and suffering.

Fucking pedo.

Attached: 1543722515151.gif (643x539, 2.12M)

Yeah I don't understand why so many have a kill boner. Killing is ok in self defense but otherwise striping every bit if power from the person is always a better punishment, specially if they are some rich bastard. If the prison system wasn't so fucked up Id advocate for forced labor until the damages against the other persons are paid off.

Do you believe at some point trash came inside her and after 9 months a bitch came out? That's so fucked up.

Attached: 1529960262562.png (1300x1600, 1.21M)

>shield hero was trending in japan yesterday
we mainstream now bois

Attached: twjapan.png (744x386, 167K)

is there yuri in this shit

FiroxMelty, hinted at that they're a bit too friendly with each other.

i see, that's a shame

because people expected a power tripping gary stu and instead got a useless neet. so it's an exact opposite of shield faggot.

someone should make a realistic isekai about Elliot Rodger arriving in a fantasy world after his rampage

I don't know why but the start of the episode when it's raph and little girl talking reminded of Dragon's Dogma.

What of dragons dogma it reminds you exactly?

Just the sea and the pleasantness of the fiends playing before the the sky turns red, plus the slight music just all reminded me of the start of the game.

It is reasonable that a guy being constantly murdered would lose it at some point and useless NEET being isekai's would probably be a useless NEET even in a different world but there is a limit how insufferable one can be. If I wanted to read about some cunt I would just stick to my diary, thanks.

This anime is your run of the mill isekai, ther is no denying that but the reason they are chosen is because of their psychic powers.
Drifters is kind of the best isekai out there because the reason the characters are chosen is because of their knowledge and fighting skills. I wish I would see more like that. Something like war veterans being summoned in another world.

>demi-humans
>vermin

I see canabalisim is the main meat market in shieldfreeden

Wouldn't it be fabulous?

They just left the dead girl in the cell to rot then didn't even clean away the bones?

Only one is confirmed of having psychic powers. You could argue for another having them but the remaining two sure as hell don't.

What the fuck? Why wouldn't they move the body?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - 15 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.49_[2019.04.18_04.16.01].jpg (1280x720, 56K)

wtf do you think was in that brown bag?

It would be supreme.

blood'n'bone? good ferilizer...

Attached: bone-chan.jpg (640x339, 72K)

I think he meant the owner of the basement, that fat noble.

tell me this spoiler... Is there a legendary mop Hero with legendary janitorial skills? They could have been waiting for him then.

There should exist one in another world. I mean, a fucking sewing set counts as a hero weapon.

>local man enjoys thing

bros we gotta put a stop to this...

>There should exist one in another world.
I wish.

Attached: Sprite_Servant_179_2.png (558x802, 179K)

In that case she'd be a lancer.

> As he fell, she let her sword stay in him, but kept her grip on the magic sword and the blade pulled from his falling body.
Ptotip: if it takes longer for the reader to read the sentence than for the action described by the sentence to happen, shorten that sentence or don't write it at all.

what's so insufferable about subaru past his convo with rem?

I am your sponge! wherever you clean I shall soak up the remaining gross bits! I believe in you... the GREAT MOP HERO!

Attached: spongechan.png (342x485, 249K)

>FGO and cringey memes ITT
Yep, time to go to bed.

>finding out your friend was a skeleton all along
I would be devastated as well.

Yeah, 65 million years before the protagonists' time.

What was a deal breaker for me was when he sneaked to the throne room and embarrassed himself and Emilia before everyone. What was he expecting? Is it how a decent human being act?

How did that fat person survive the fall?

Raphtalia's drama felt so out of place somehow, it broke the flow of the show IMO, perhaps it was just badly executed.

so you mean his lowest point that's crucial to his character development and he himself deeply regrets being a cunt and apologizes to everyone for it, after which he picks his shit up and (mostly) stops being retarded?
he behaved like that because he's basically an autist with 0 social skills expect for making jokes and being "le random and energetic". i don't remember what he said back then since i watched it years ago, but i've read the wn and he's pretty likeable character, it just took time for him develop (which is good imo)

I kinda agree, a full episode to say she had it ruff and that her girlfriend died felt out of place. You already knew that the moment you met her and it was basically filling in holes that you had already filled in your mind.

>perhaps it was just badly executed.
like everything in this anime. when will people realise that it's just a shit show? drop it and move onto something better.

Are you telling that to me or to yourself? are you so weak that you need validation from others to drop a chinese cartoon you don't like?

what

>so you mean his lowest point that's crucial to his character development and he himself deeply regrets being a cunt and apologizes to everyone for it, after which he picks his shit up and (mostly) stops being retarded?
Does it not feel to you like a forced drama? How many people do you know who would do something so retarded and expect it would end well?
>he behaved like that because he's basically an autist with 0 social skills expect for making jokes and being "le random and energetic"
And this is why other characters hate him. And you know what? It is not a reason for a viewer to like him.
Besides, it was a straw which broke the camel's back, even before that I could not sympathise with his retarded mindset. Why did he go for such lengths to help Emilia? Why did he act like an entitled cunt towards her?
Don't misunderstand me. I am not claiming he is badly written. He is a well-written sperg. I could praise the author for the acurate description of retarded people if I could bring myself to like the series. But I can't, I don't remotely care about any one of the main cast. You see, I like Goblin Slayer and consider it a very good portrayal of a shellshocked broken man. But if I never cared about him, other characters, the setting and everything else I still would not read it only because I consider it a decent inspection of the psychology of some autistic retard.

Well, opening with "killing your enemies makes you just like them" is literally the worst thing you can do. Everyone is tired of it, the audience always hates it. I don't know why Japs love the idea so much. People want to see tangible consequences in terms of MCs being wronged and taking revenge.

The part in the middle with her friend finally breaking in the cell, by that I mean going from being optimistic and reassuring to "I want to go home" as shes dying, and then Raphtalia finding her fucking corpse was heavy. It got me pretty good.

But then the guy summoning a fucking CGI dinosaur just so he can be shown to have been killed by that as opposed to what raphtalia did was goofy and retarded.

He's too busy monitoring Yea Forums.

But why do I like it so much even though I read the manga? Could it I'm being afflicted by shit taste?

Shield Hero sucks user

It just ocurred to me I could be reading the manga's version of this arc and be less butthurt.
brb

??????
The set of real numbers is outside the set of integers, natural numbers, and irrational numbers you faggot it clearly shows that in the picture

Attached: Number-systems.png (1200x682, 43K)

N ⊂ Z ⊂ Q ⊂ R
Where
N is the set of natural numbers
Z is the set of integers
Q Is the set of rational numbers and
R are the real numbers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_number

>Doesn't kill the fat bastard
I swear they're going to regret not killing him
>Attacks Raphtalia right after
>Releases seal on monster to wreak havoc
THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD'VE KILLED THE FAT BASTARD
THIS FUCKING "I'm as bad as him if I kill him :((((((" TROPE IS SO SHIT
HOW WAS THIS FUCKER GOING TO ATONE FOR HIS SINS? WERE YOU GOING TO APPREHEND HIM AND LET THE JUSTICE SYSTEM DEAL WITH IT? FAT FUCKING CHANCE THAT WOULD TURN OUT WELL

Attached: EXTREMESEETHE.jpg (497x732, 54K)

Fifty dicks in her butt you say?

oh shit, I can kinda bet that they're gonna change the part about the queen and the king and melty.Just like this one.

Because Aqua is retarded.

I can see it happen user. Oh no

The sad part of this whole scene is that Keel seems to be under the misconception that Raphtalia was there to save him and the other enslaved demi-humans.

The truth is that during all the time she's been with Naofumi she never mentioned this story once and she never expressed her desire to help them.

Naofumi's group was actually planning to go to another country and it was only because Idol Reiber kidnapped Melty and Reichnott that they went to his castle.

That's right, the actual persons they were trying to save were a Princess and a Lord of Melromarc, and they only reason they saved the enslaved demi-humans was because they happened to be there already.

Attached: AccidentalHero.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

but Mr. Naofumi is so handsome! and he's a great cook!

>I missed you onichan
Would you?

Attached: kawaiiskelly.png (1054x704, 418K)

That's very true, I didn't think of it like that. It all happened by accident.

I mean this trope might work in a world where the evildoer can be apprehended and punished by law, but in this situation it just makes no sense.

I noticed this too. Not sure what they been thinking.

>im sorry i couldnt help you
Yes you could, bitch. You could kill the fat dude too and avoid more troubles. Fucking useless slave.

Attached: rapetalia.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Too thin, I prrefer girls with a some meat on their bones.

spice and wolf was 11/10 anime of all time, there were absolutely no faults in it, except those flaws that beautified it even more.

>abrahamic
judaism itself is fine, but its misbegotten spinoffs and sequels are a blight on this world.
I prefer ancient religions, which tend to focus on animals, nature and natural forces, or ancestors (which evolved into heroes, and demigods).
the grecian pantheon, judaism, hinduism, and the various less known folks religions of europe, asia, and the levant all have much to recommend them.
it is the state sponsored, universalizing religions, like confucianism, budhism, roman christianity, and so forth, that are truly bad.
>thoughtful, interesting
well, take oxford educated mehdi hassan as a prototype: I wouldnt describe him as anything other than an arrogant asshole whose idea of winning debates is shouting over more intelligent people.
polite self-sage for offtopic.

user, why don't you sit over there?

Attached: hansen.png (427x640, 85K)

>judaism itself is fine
I wonder who's behind this post.

Naofumi using Shield Boomerang fucking when?

oh shit, i forgot about that
now i am scared as hell
>Shield Hero: Brotherhood with a competent director when?

>Christianity is bad
I´m (actually) curious to what you think is bad about it and let´s talk about it in a civil matter so were not just flinging shit at each other

instead of capture them, they let them free in the world to doom humanity

See i´m genuinly christian and the bible only speaks of the love for your fellow man. The people who go out of their way to hurt other in a "Muh deux vult" way are going off of their own ideoligy as Jesus NEVER EVER said to commit violence to each other. He fought against for example:
>Racism
The good Samaritan
>Sexism
Appeared first to women after his ressurection and treated and were around women in all of his time on earth
And so on but if theres a question you wanna ask i´ll be glad to clear out any confusion to the best of my abilities

Attached: IF YOU KILL HIM YOULL BE JUST LIKE HIM XDDDDDDDDD.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

LMAO based lucklet.

Attached: FGO gambling.jpg (3978x2254, 3.16M)

absolutely, both before and after the bunny
nidome is the worst one, up there with greats like remonster and kino seeker

Hey everyone let´s make a compilation of animes where people say the "If you kill him you´ll be just like him" trope and reply to this thread then i´ll throw it together

Why doesn't anyone love Melty?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - 14 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.57_[2019.04.12_10.23.28].jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Kenvin Penkin is a massive SJW where have you beek?

Weird hair

Attached: Untitled.jpg (589x534, 16K)

Everyone loves the purple arches

kill keel's vagina

Wrong. His colleagues are SJWs, but he's not one. If he was, he'd have never picked to work on MiA or Shield Hero.

He's friendly with everyone because it gets him work. He's a Shitpostralian.

I'd suck her sweaty toes anytime my dude

Reading the LN, I have been denied some soft loli Raphtalia fanservice, I feel cheated!

You're sick

Sorry, dude, I'm too busy riding a cute bird.

The main reason I like this show is because it doesn't do bullshit like "dont kill him or your like him". I fucking hate when studio changes stuff from the manga without any fucking idea what theyre doing

Time to end this thread and leave no survivors

Attached: raph-chan.png (310x323, 101K)

Gross

i don't need spoilers for pic related anymore

Attached: cursed.png (793x508, 518K)

I don't care

Ending this thread with QUALITY

Attached: QUALITY.png (1340x1420, 2.96M)

Raphtalia's friends' death made me cringed more than sad didn't even made me cry..skeletons are creepy you know?, on the other hand Yuuki's death was sad as fuck, if you didn't watch it, then don't talk

I want melty to look at me like that.

Yeah that is right it feels like watching Slime but with less healthy comedy and boring edgy scenes that at the end don't matter because everything is easier for shield hero and party except when it is about Myne, who at this point is carrying the whole show....the rest is only waifu bait, however I've decided that I will finish this until the end just for Myne

was it so good? I mean, did her laments' voice acting was so top notch?

Attached: 6383008919090b2308059c7b4704043a.jpg (236x344, 16K)

Man, after watching Bagserk. I can't find it in me to complain about this shitty CG.

Attached: Berserk top quality.webm (1280x720, 176K)

he is just promoting his work...what would you do if you were the main composer or co-producer in a mediocre show? would you praise it so newbies can be fooled and praise it too? or would you rather prefer to criticize it and talk trash about it?

>Shield Hero Fans Can’t Stop Crying Over Raphtalia’s Episode
twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1118627800087519232

Who elese here went from tertiary anime only to /secondarymangachad/ after this shitty episode?

I know anons here will kill me for saying this, but, just wait for sao Alicization's second part, Kirito goes full edgelord and kills a guy by transforming him into a tree and sending his real soul into a loop of madness for 200 straight up years with no chance of return to the real life

I bet you saw it mentioned because of crunchy, and now I will enlight you why...because they are the co-producers, good part of the rating and money will go for them so that is why they needed to hype the show inside anime community to make it look like a unique and over the top anime

uh user, excuse me, shieldbro-kun, people don't self insert into side characters, and what spin off are you talking about? I think we were talking about the anime...

I bet Shieldbro is behind the production team come on, I am just joking, don't be mad at me bruh

who?

cause medieval dungeon

>she never expressed her desire to help them.
...What does this tell us about her character?

Attached: a8bd501a4a8994943eba503bdbef68bf.jpg (1657x1657, 147K)

The author thought of that plot point way too late.

Because they know she will go full yuri in later parts dunno if anime will get to that part tho

wow in manga was miles edgier, what the fuck the studio is doing?

boring filler bullshit, skipped through that whole backstory bullshit and missed literally nothing