Junji Ito

What does Yea Forums think about Junji Ito and his work?

Attached: [email protected] (500x695, 81K)

Too bad he overprise by normies by now. He is good, sometimes ("Spirals" or "Long dream") very good, but far from great. In his style I love heavy contrast tone, but you get used to it, like to his "jumpscares". He can pump up suspense and horror setting in Silent Hill, but most of his stories just some sort of spooky 150 pages book from 90s.
And yeah, maybe he is best in animanga horror genre. Sadly. Like himself, nips can make A LOT creepier shit

Attached: f84fc6dc03e2f9a34cf3848327e23a4816cbe07d[1].png (659x729, 657K)

Oh fuck! Sorry for some grammatical errors.
Hurried and forgot to check. I am slavshit.

He made Dazai's Yozo a hottie, can't hate

Gyo was fucking shit

I love the attention, love and detail he puts into his work. Some of his stories are more silly than they are scary or creepy, to be honest.

My fav was Tomie's original story (where she seems to be human), and seeing her transform through different stories into something that is clearly not.

Huh. This is tangential, but my ranking has always been good ---> great ---> very good.

i haven't read all of his stuff (for the moment i'm gonna stay away from gyo) but so far i'm liking him a lot, i'm currently reading his version of ningen shikkaku and it's nice

good --> gooder --> goodest

Then you're an idiot.

First half was amazing, a tense and creative zombie apocalypse twist. Then it goes full fucking retard.

Wouldn't say amazing, but sure.

He draws some fucked up shit and cute girls, i like it.
His new artbook is also great.

I've found his work to be deeply influential. I hope there's a lot of merch at TCAF because I am itching for it.

Which collection has the most paintings?

Attached: Recording concept.jpg (1331x2037, 430K)

i love his works don't get me wrong, but, i hate it when he goes full retard with shit like this

Attached: images (2).jpg (739x415, 91K)

What do you hope they'll ask him at TCAF? I'd like to know

>where he learned to write
>whether he was taught anything about Aristotle in school
>what the best Beatles album is
etc etc

Attached: tumblr_inline_mz9yqruQUa1qiz4q8.png (500x271, 100K)

Attached: Screenshot (647).png (1366x768, 727K)

Attached: vsc_maptown_083.jpg (869x1234, 189K)

Nothing against Super Hobo.

Any webms from the Tomie OVA?

Not enough Tomie.

He's 5/10

There are better horror mangaka

Name them.

Hideshi Hino

Entertaining. Girls are pretty but suffer from sever samefacing.