What does anime have to do to avoid "time flop" status and become a classic like shows in pic related?

What does anime have to do to avoid "time flop" status and become a classic like shows in pic related?

Attached: 1551819056016.jpg (3992x2467, 2.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/time flop/type/op/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/186925060/#q186925060
desuarchive.org/a/search/text/"time flop"/type/op/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Produced by a popular source, full of fapbait and pseudo intellectual symbolism.

Has an actual good writing and high production quality, unlike Madoka and Evergarden

Based
Cringe

the gang's all here

>if I spam a retarded definition enough by combining it with bait, other retards will pick it up
Kill yourself you cretin

Was Gainax popular before Eva?

Madoka and Violet Evergarden I agree but Eva's actually good.

If you think Violet Evergarden isn't going to be a "time flop" you're a moron. A show needs to keep people talking about something other than the waifus after the show ends to remain relevant. VE didn't even have people talking about anything but waifus while it was airing.

>"classic" is a retarded definition
kys newfaggot

Attached: 1541485899220.jpg (300x283, 32K)

-don't suck
-do something that really stands out

Attached: 1525385419478.jpg (526x549, 148K)

Milking it with movies that make the fanbase war which keeps the anime relevant even years later. T

oo bad about the studio that chose VEG, it could've been a classic but KyoAni is allergic to both controversy and making original things themselves. Pour one out for the bloom and lensflare show.

Attached: 1543931693053.jpg (728x410, 47K)

>A show needs to keep people talking about something other than the waifus after the show ends to remain relevant.
>the debate of asuka vs rei has been going on for 24 fucking years, you rarely see anything else discussed about the show
user, I....

Attached: 1555443566697.png (780x720, 273K)

This is spam. Report and ignore you retards.

Only salesfags like you hate the term "time flop".

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/time flop/type/op/

>not adding * at the end of flop
Get the fuck out, newfag.

Never trust Yea Forums to ignore obvious bait threads.

Attached: 1554841686114.png (462x347, 193K)

Bait threads are literally more interesting than the usual garbage that clogs the catalog.

>11 years later he still doesn't know how to post a proper stalker thread
Let him have his time flop meme. That's some dedication.

Attached: 1545931526412.jpg (400x571, 59K)

Wait a sec, I thought Sori Yori was the time flop and Violet Evergarden was the good show?

And you are correct.

I like time flop it's meaning is an accurate descriptor for some shows. It's like the opposite of cult classic

I don't give a fuck about sales. I hate the idea of some retard trying to push some retarded term he made up a month ago and retards allowing it to proliferate because they are to fucking stupid to realise its shitty spam/low quality bait.

It's not retarded. It actually means something.

>like shows in pic related
Posting odd-one-out images won't help answer your question.

>replies: 25
>posters: 16
I am being 100% sincere when I say I wouldn't mind going to prison if it meant I get to murder a couple of faggots who try to force shitty memes on Yea Forums

Fuck off, stalker/salesfag.

Give me your name and location you fucking pussy.

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

>mfw

Attached: 1554074529965.jpg (551x600, 107K)

Stop forcing your shitty time flop meme

Never stop forcing violet in there user, who knows? Maybe some people will fall for it.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think he posts here.
He is the type of person who intentionally doxes himself.

NGE has waifu wars, but is also has other things that get discussed on occasion. VEg doesn't.
Despite the supposed infrequency of discussion, the fact that there are things to talk about besides waifu-bait is why people still go back 20 years to watch NGE (and thus get involved in the waifu-war). A show like Shana, or Rosario+Vampire, or whatever don't have such a draw to get people to go back a decade to watch them, and most seasonal anime is even worse, forgotten as soon as the next season starts. Violet is going to be the same. The fandom won't continue because there's no plot reason to check it out; it's just cute girls and nice animation. Without having a draw to get people to watch it outside of the season it aired in, the fanbase shrinks to nothing.

one of the best reasons i got /fit/ was so that i could wear my anime shirts in public

Attached: Saberclone a shit.jpg (280x210, 16K)

Nobody will take your stupid new "word" seriously, give up. You posted it for first time a week ago and its not working. desuarchive.org/a/thread/186925060/#q186925060

Come up with something new and execute it with good quality and little technical flaws. Also sex and shocking elements are good to lure viewers in.

Dumb salesfags.

bump

>Has an actual good writing and high production quality
NGE has a messy and completely amateurish script that unironically changes directions on a whim and does completely random shit between individual story checkpoints. It's nowhere near being well written.

Nge also has lackluster production values overall, had a dozen scene fixed for the DVD and Bluray remasters, follows up a well animated scene with an entire episode of static and panning shots and so on.

Dunno what you're on about.

Nobody gives a shit about Madoka except for yurifags and a small fringe of losers who refuse to admit they have bad taste. That Kyoani garbage is even worse off.

Man Violet Evergarden and Madoka are probably my 2 favourite shows. Shame we rarely ever get anything on that level.

>small fringe of losers who refuse to admit they have bad taste
So 99% of Yea Forums?

>VEG
2019, I am forgotten.

It's Yorimoi and FranXX that are forgotten, not VEG.

LMAO. look at this retarded newfag and laugh

>NGE has waifu wars, but is also has other things that get discussed on occasion. VE doesn't
You need to lurk more, people often talk abut the development of the MC and worldbuildng.

no one remembers VE
I was talking about anime in my classroom last week and everyone had heard of madoka or evangelion even tho none of them had ever watched both
no one cares about VE

>gunbuster
>daicon
>nadia
>otaku no video
Yes.

>be me
>14
>with my ironic weebs
>newfags

EVA was a dumpsterfire, can't believe people put that normalfag garbage in the same category as Madoka.

You can only say NGE is timeless. The other two are forced

What is veg? What is love?

Attached: whatisveg.jpg (630x630, 31K)

yikes

Evangelion is fucking trash, my dude.

>trash
nah, that would be FLCL

FLCL is worse indeed but they're both hot garbage in all honesty.

>FLCL
So glad Gainax are dead, they deserve it for making that ugly cringeworthy garbage.

>violet evergarden
>classic

This. Good riddance to those parasites.

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/"time flop"/type/op/
>8 results

It's a forced meme that was first forced last Wednesday.

Other way around mate. EVAG is boring shit. Madoka and Evergarden are actually engaging beyond braindead robot fights. thank god mecha is dead

This.

The absolute true answer right here

Evergarden was so good. Actually stoked for the movie.

Sasug/a/

I would say it needs to leave an impact. Violet Evergarden does this by pushing the boundaries of anime and leaving heartfelt feeling with the viewer.

>his anime hasn't taken over the most populated country on Earth

Attached: 1523586751924.jpg (720x960, 112K)

good job Violet.

Violet Evergarden is a masterpiece. Some of Yamada's best work in my opinion.

Attached: 3948243487592483.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

None of those were popular

how does it feel? being on the receiving end of shitty moderation now?

Attached: 8937372487935.gif (600x337, 258K)

>shitoka
>violet endershitten
>classic
lmao look at this newfag

Why not?

Eva is the only good show in that pic, faggot.

Eva is an overrated piece of tripe that collapsed under the weight of its own pretentiousness and awful budgeting.

>Madocucks are still seething over EVA after all these years

lmao

It's the other way around actually.

>no u

lmao

>lmao
This is your average Evanigger.

OBSESSED

Bait and cringe

This op picture is guaranteed replies no matter what text accompanies it

You're STILL trying to force this? Autism.

Can we just kill all EVAturds?

What the fuck is a time flop

A time flop is show that sold well but became forgotten. In other words, a show that failed the test of time.

Please stay on MALddit next time.

a show*

So, VEG?

It isn't old enough to be a classic providing anyone cares about it apart from the animation in 5 years.

VEG being in here always cracks me up. I never get tired of this bait.

Attached: 1523155484851.jpg (512x512, 30K)

Nah, it's shows like Sora yori mo Tooi Basho.

The 2000s harem genre would be it?

No, I'm pretty sure that "time flop" describes VEG perfectly.

Based VEG chads dabbing on the madotards

People still remember it, so it can't be a time flop.

Has there ever been an anime killed by shitposting as much as VEG?
At least the show isn't good so it's not like any discussion of value was lost.

It has only been a year. I would be worried about peoples brains if they already forgot such a shitshow.

>People still remember it
Who? A few obsessive shitposters?
Meanwhile SoraYori won every 2018 award that didn't go to Devilman or Zombieland Saga. Where was VEG?

I love how you've literally stayed here the whole time trying to reinforce this shitty "meme". Face it, it's never going to take off, it's a dreadful "meme" and you're wasting your time.

Compared to a certain series from the same season, people still remember it.

Attached: 1524016340099.png (922x1200, 1.46M)

What do you mean? I have seen Toji no Miko gotten multiple threads this year even.

>implying anyone remembers Yorimoi
>implying Yorimoi/Zombieland are ever going to get sequels
>implying they are not time flops while Violet Evergarden solidified itself as a classic

but artificial forced memes have soul

why is Violet stepping on that poor girl's head?

>>implying anyone remembers Yorimoi
I just explained you.
>>implying Yorimoi/Zombieland are ever going to get sequels
ZLS is obvioulsy going to get a second season soon. Even without the huges sales, you just have to take a look at Cygames' track record. YoriMori is a finished story so it probably won't. There's no point in ruining it with an unnecessary sequel.

Because the creator of the images is salty over her show being more popular than VEG.

To explain the footprint on her head drawn by incompetent artists from an inferior studio (Memehouse).

Attached: 1524010803945.png (678x720, 606K)

makes sense.

>thank god mecha is dead

Attached: 1548438036308.jpg (195x221, 14K)

>finished story
People have already told you in previous threads that this is a retarded excuse because Madoka and GuP both have sequels.

And people hate the Madoka sequel.

This is the first time I talk about this.
>Madoka
Controversial sequel that many find tacked on. I don't really like Madoka so I wouldn't know.
>GuP
I haven't even seen this, but isn't it just a sport/SoL? It shouldn't really place enough importance on the narrative to be considered "finished" once and for all.

Really, there are hundreds of anime originals that sold in YoriMori's range and never got sequels, because they were just finished.

Attached: yorishills.png (960x63, 9K)

>people hate
Excuse me, but who are those "people"? Bunch of retarded plotfags on Yea Forums and reddit? Rebellion was a huge success and made a shit ton of money. It's no wonder yorifags like you can't appreciate the masterpiece that is Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Rebellion.

Attached: madoka magica rebellion story - official art.jpg (5929x4101, 2.1M)

>top: time flop
>bottom: classic
Yorifags obliterated.

Nigger yorishit is only ever bought up because it aired in a season with a kyoani show.

The Violet Evergarden movie will be the Rebellion of End of Evangelion.

Based false flagger chad.

Who are VEGfags more friendly towards—Madokafags or Evafags?

be mob psycho 100 or made in abyss

>violet evergarden a classic
uh. no. it's like watching a girls instagram with 20 plus filters on every photo in anime form.

The shit fandom trinity. Rank the worst one:
1. megucatards
2. VEGgies
3. evaspergs

I don't understand why someone would accept a position as moderator and then refuse to do the job right.

>his favorite anime is a time flop
ask me how I know.

This would vary from poster to poster but i don't mind either. Besides, they're all great anime.

>le ebin bait

Attached: 1555314640833.png (722x525, 645K)

Replace Evafags with shonenspics as a whole.

Madocucks are the most pathetic ones. Shonenshitters are all retads and VEGgies don't exist.

Timeless classics seem to always have perfect balance between world building, character exposition/development, and story/plot.

>Foolyturd

>capeshit
>classic

>mob psycho 100 = capeshit
wrong series you are thinking of one punch man

Yeah, he should have called it shounenshit.

>I was talking about anime in my classroom

Attached: disgusting_4.jpg (500x483, 77K)

Holy rent free

>I'm so kewl for being ashamed of my hobbies and only talking about them on American Indian Rain Dance boards.

>not hiding your power level
>being a weeb in public
I can only assume you're a zoomer if you think talking about anime in real life is even remotely socially acceptable.

It needs to be good.

>VEG
baited/10 good job OP

>time flop
Please stop trying to push this garbage - take your shitty posts to Yea Forums or somewhere

Salesfag detected.

Then why is madoka in the image?

I am convinced there is only one person spamming this term “time flop” over some bizarre obsession. Stop encouraging the retard, people.

No one cares what you think, salesfag.

It's him and his Discord buddies

Simple. Make a movie which shits all over otakus who do nothing but argue who who the best waifu is from the series. 20+ years and they still don't get the joke.

because it's good.

The right answer.
Too bad this thread is too full of brainlets blinded by rage to accept your answer as truth.

braindead moron detected.

This. As much as salesfags might hate it, "time flop" does indeed apply to some shows.

why are people always arguing over madoka/veg/eva when haruhi is the bestest show of the past 30 years?????

Attached: 1524459755520.jpg (757x910, 434K)

Don't drag Haruhi into this.

evangelion's delve into cognitive relativism and phenomenological reasoning is pretty far from pseudo-intellectual.

there's more mature topics covered in fucking doremi and precure than madoka, though. madoka's alright but it is strongly the most overrated series in the medium. it wasn't even the best mahou shoujo series airing in january 2011 yet people who haven't watched much anime scream AotD all the time because they liked the edge and the cheap pandering to emotion with single-cour characters is something they aren't used to.

> it wasn't even the best mahou shoujo series airing in january 2011

I love this meme.

Violet is garbage though.

(You)

Kill yourself.

you're not allowed use big words or make sense here, anons might get confused or realise how dumb they are

Maybe Hunter X Hunter.

Wrong image?

>evangelion
lel
>Madoka magica
lel lel
>that third shit
lel lel lel

Explain further.

>veg
>classic
le fug?

I have no sexual interest in any Madoka characters and still think it is one of the best shows of the past decade. Great plot, trippy animation, concise, funny, and it even has a top-tier OP song.

Madoka was babbys first edgy anime, as the years passed more and more people realized it was nothing truly special.

it's 100% unironic. the finale of one of the greatest mahou shoujo series ever made was going on while madoka was wowing teens with it's edge.

>A show needs to keep people talking about something other than waifus
That's literally what keeps Madoka and Eva relevant.

>the finale of one of the greatest mahou shoujo series ever made
Which is?

>still needing a spoon shoved in your mouth even though there was only one mahou shoujo series finale in january 2011
this kind of teen behavior is precisely why madokafags are ridiculed

Attached: 1549311920348.jpg (522x549, 68K)

Your "bestest series ever" is so ded nobody can even be assed to google it less than a decade later.

>I can only assume you're a zoomer if you think talking about anime in real life is even remotely socially acceptable.
And I can only assume you're a boomer if you think it isn't. I'm not advocating it obviously, but the fact is that anime is a socially acceptable topic in 2019 - primarily because they only talk about mainstream shounen crap.

on the contrary, the franchise has aired continuously since 2004. you just don't know very much about anime which is consistent with madokatards.

>This enrages the twelve episodelet
Precure's been my AotY nearly every year for the past decade. I like Madoka Magica, though.

Attached: [Doremi].HeartCatch.PreCure!.44.[1280x720].[35A19B80].mkv_snapshot_13.12_[2018.02.14_16.08.21].jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Luck. Plain and simple.

>violet

man kyoani fags are delusional as usual

No they're too busy buying the BDs. Madoka was a monster hit in a market when 5k copies is doing quite well.

I'd watch the hell outta that ngl

vegfags even exist?
They must be just trolls

(You)

Fuck off.

Why?

kimi to boku is a fujo time flop

Hey, stop telling that VEG is not classic

Because it's good.