What does Yea Forums think of this and why is no one talking about it? Just because it's CG...

What does Yea Forums think of this and why is no one talking about it? Just because it's CG? Or because it's Netflix-shit?

Personally I enjoyed it quite a lot. A pretty well done origin story and some really toku-feeling battles.

Attached: ultraman anime.jpg (1280x1810, 391K)

It's CG and it's /m/.

If chinese doll shit counts as anime, then a CG mecha anime is definitely anime.

I meant Yea Forums doesn't care about toku.

Too bad. Anime + toku is a great combination. Checked /m/ and there's essentially nothing.

Why did they use good animation for the action scenes and awful 12 frame-per-second bullshit for everything else?

I think the frame rate was the same throughout, but I'm not sure. But of course, the animation quality was probably better in fight scenes because the action is the main draw. I do wish CG anime was generally rendered with higher frame rates. Overall I can get past that, though.

>I think the frame rate was the same throughout
Nah, it's really inconsistent. There are a lot of scenes with a very noticeably worse framerate than others.

I guess that might be true. Watched it in the middle of the night, so I didn't really notice too much.

The story was as bad as the frame rate, only redeeming factor of this shitfest isn't he fight choreography.

Watched two episodes and it was bland as fuck; the cookie cutter hero's journey begiggning, except that he's just handed down his iron man armour.
Then I said "I'll watch it for the animation" and during the first fight they slammed into a footbal field, raising a huge dust cloud, and when it cleared the field was untouched.
Fuck this show.

Attached: Bored Nene.gif (500x376, 819K)

As a fan of toku shows I had high hopes for this. It was quite a disppointment. I love the designs and some of the bad guys were charismatic but that's abou it. Also, peopl criticize the cg & fps but what really killed it for me was how there was always this "mist" that made everything look like a cloudy night in London. It annoyed me to hell and no one ever brings it up.

I was only happy when we got glimpses of the original Ultraman.

I didn't care for the plot much. Slow. The antagonists were meh as well.

Animation was hype tho especially at the end.

I loved it. That idol girl was pretty cute.

Show sucks, read the manga.

I am still not over the fact that they are miniman.

six eps in and I really don't care for it, I say this as an Ultra fan since 2006.

>Ironman+MIB
>IronMIB
Because the source material has a shit premise and the anime's dialogues are ass. It has neat battle scenes but that's pretty much it.

>Manga translations were slow as ass
how is the manga these days?

>Yea Forums doesn't care about toku
They weren't kidding when they say Yea Forums has shit taste.

Attached: 1536650467310.png (1042x753, 632K)

Why do studios insist on rendering CG anime at like 12fps. It doesn't "simulate" 2D animation, it just looks jank as fuck. The only time that ever worked was with Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragon Ball FighterZ, and that's only because they're videogames.

Attached: mfw.jpg (1280x720, 315K)

You should know by now that Yea Forums is only for waifufags, anything else gets ridiculed.

I tried the manga way back and thought it was boring.

Beat me, I'm angry as fuck, it looks good, interesting, but the shitty frame rate ruined it. It's like seeing a tasty cake dropped to the floor before I can eat it

I do agree on that. I can mostly overlook it, but it would be a lot better.

I think the low frame rate is more to disguise the animation itself than to try and emulate traditional drawn animation. This is what was given as the reason for the western CG cartoon Dragon Prince: CG animation itself, the movement of characters especially, can have a weird look to it if not very carefully fine tuned. Cutting the frame rate down to something sub 24 fps can disguise these things in exchange for looking like ass in other ways.

>why is no one talking about it?

I get an ad after ad for it.

The CG is disgusting. It's not even anime.