Will Zoomer shounens ever be able to reach the height of Millenial shounens?

Will Zoomer shounens ever be able to reach the height of Millenial shounens?

Attached: 555555555.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

Fuck off.

No, nothing will compare to downloading torrents of 145mb .avi's of a show, marathoning it then going on to another show. Samurai Champloo, The Big 3, Air Gear. Mid 2000s were the peak of anime, it went to shit after Gurren Lagann.

The only currently running shounen to be decent, hype, and have a nicely sized audience is MHA. WSJ needs to keep trying new series to find another "big 3" member.

>The only currently running shounen to be decent, hype, and have a nicely sized audience is MHA
pfffft

>The only currently running shounen to be decent, hype, and have a nicely sized audience is MHA
kek

Attached: 1555202337661.jpg (280x180, 8K)

LMAO

Attached: 1527450271473.png (580x658, 412K)

Attached: Dekuchad.gif (498x281, 1.5M)

Prove me wrong, you literally cant. You blind haters are disgusting.

sadly no

They already surpassed them.

Attached: 14E5F659-4326-44B5-AF16-9739D5F3C2F0.jpg (423x744, 63K)

hahahahah yeah the sjw audience

Attached: 001gfdgfdgfdg.jpg (640x928, 119K)

Chainsaw Man might.

Attached: chainsaw_man_by_garth2the2ndpower_dcud17m-pre.jpg (1023x781, 153K)

>only sells about as much as Jujutsu
nah

>Went to shit after TTGL
I agree. Once studios realized they didn't have to try and could just throw shouting idiocy, unnecessary fanservice and a low effort plot at an audience with a difference coat of paint.

I might as well make a copy pasta because I always tear you fags up.
>Characters:
Weak motivations, hardly any development, shitty goals and there are too many of them.
For ex: Uravity wants to become a hero because her parents are poor.
Out of 224 chapters only 6 characters had character development. Thats a sad number.
>Story:
School arc, villain arc
For ex: Not much to say here, the story is non-existent. Not much you can do if its monster of
the week.
>Worldbuilding:
DUDE PEOPLE HAVE POWERS AND SOME DONT
For Ex: Why? Who thought that was entertaining? If you can explain the lore of the whole series in less than a sentence, there is something wrong.
>Power system:
What is there to say? People have powers based on a bone in their foot.

Attached: 1528988614789.png (945x765, 757K)

Shounen is a dead genre. All hail isekai.

At least it actually has sales and a fanbase, unlike you clovershit.

based zoomers don't watch shonenshit

lmao
>cant think of an argument, What do I do?
>Ah thats right
>I talk about sales
Whats with this subhuman come back?

Attached: 1527990780581.png (848x437, 217K)

>MHA

Attached: 1555292455954.jpg (250x250, 13K)

instead they watch boring people playing video game for them instead. I mean i don't get it, i hated to sit besides my friend watching him play a game.

>For ex: Uravity wants to become a hero because her parents are poor.
Weird example honestly. For a shonen magazine aimed at young boys the idea of saying "Just wanting to take care of your parents and get them an easy life" is actually fairly unique and fun
Its not some super sad backstory motivated by death and revenge. You pick the good one as your bad example
>For ex: Not much to say here, the story is non-existent. Not much you can do if its monster of
the week.
Also wrong. There are walls of stuff foreshadowed for future arcs. You can say you don't like the story but it definitely pays off to pay attention and arcs for the most part are natural consequences of previous arcs.
> Why? Who thought that was entertaining?
Even in-Universe there are several theories about the emergence of quirks and even several factions with their own beliefs. Its servicable even if weak.
>What is there to say? People have powers based on a bone in their foot.
I can't even comment on that. No idea what you are talking about. Powers don't come from the foot.
They are all genetically linked to body functions and personalities. The powers inform the characters and vice versa which means they serve the function in the story well but the rules and limitations are kinda vague.

Its really easy to critizise BnHA so I am kinda embarassed you struggled this much.
Its almost like you are false-flagging bnhafag who wants to make it look like the people who criticize bnha are retarded so you pretended to make the most retarded post.

Attached: 1555048023385.png (595x480, 275K)

Fuck you're a moron. Ever saw a sports fan cheering at a TV? It's LITERALLY the same thing, nothing new here.

And they can't possibly fuck up an ending worse than Bleach did, so as long as any of them end, sure.

> Ever saw a sports fan cheering at a TV? It's LITERALLY the same thing, nothing new here.
are you trying to imply that those people are not also retards?

Attached: 1531332816050.jpg (1124x523, 95K)

Merely that the phenomenon has nothing to do with zoomers specifically.

All hail the new king of shonen

Attached: KingOfShonen.jpg (960x1619, 233K)

Attached: 0168plz9sof21.jpg (640x653, 74K)

>Crunchy Roll wanted to kill it from the start.
Makes sense considering everything has to be groundbreaking nowadays and anything that just wants to be a fun basic shounen has to be swept under the rug.

t. fujoshit

>TPN
Garbo sales and popularity compared to MHA
>MP
Not even in the same magazine, but still a decent series. Not as good as MHA though.

I unironically love BC and it's probably the only real shonen from the new generation.

Attached: 1546952321233.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

BASED

Attached: 09-44-20-f0hd1agsmnt01.png (1040x1040, 1.52M)

>fun
kys, also how about another example. Deku wants to become a hero for the fucking sake of it
>Also wrong. There are walls of stuff foreshadowed for future arcs. You can say you don't like the story but it definitely pays off to pay attention and arcs for the most part are natural consequences of previous arcs.
how can you say that arcs are foreshadowed if NOTHING HAPPENS. the previous arcs have a tournament then the villains come and mess with them a little.
Even in-Universe there are several theories about the emergence of quirks and even several factions with their own beliefs. Its servicable even if weak.
and none of that shit even gets mentioned bc they are all theories
>I can't even comment on that. No idea what you are talking about. Powers don't come from the foot.
>They are all genetically linked to body functions and personalities. The powers inform the characters and vice versa which means they serve the function in the story well but the rules and limitations are kinda vague.
I know that retard, they are all generic powers like
>i punch hard
>i have electricity
>i can run fast

Dude i get it you read BNHA for the potential but im sorry its never going to come. i read it for the same reason but face it man, it will NEVER COME

Attached: 1529543525359.jpg (570x587, 24K)

New > Old

Attached: C-sPSVQXYAISSAh.jpg (1200x900, 158K)

>reddit meme

>prove a negative
I guess when you don't use your brain, it's easier to like a mediocre series

Shonen tier

Attached: IMG_20190118_223037.jpg (1540x1268, 881K)

I can criticize BnHA better and harder than you can
My problem with your post is how obviously bad your examples are because you are literally pretending to be retarded.

absolutley retarded.

>Ever saw a sports fan cheering at a TV? It's LITERALLY the same thing, nothing new here
Not even close. Don't even like watching sports, but I can understand why it has fans. It's entertaining to watch athletes playing a game at a level you'll never be capable of. Are you trying to tell me, zoomers are so horrible at video games, that they can't reach the level of the ecelebs they idolize? The generation is truly a lost cause

Do you really think you can be as good as competitive video game people? Why aren't you rich with all that starcraft money buddy if it is that easy?

Kek, of course they can't, they would be claiming their own streamer bucks if they could. Despite of what it looks like, playing on a streamer level does require skill and brains. Not to even mention esports tournaments and such. Though honestly, that's more of a Yea Forums topic.

If I spent my entire day playing the same game nonstop? Yeah, I think I could be that good. Do I want to spend my entire day sitting in front of a screen, playing a game until I hate it while simultaneously wasting away? Yeah, I'd rather enjoy my life.

So you realize it would take a while to acquire that skill.
Lets ignore for a second that I don't believe you could ever with all the time in the world achieve it. You basically just explained why it would be something you would watch rather than achieve yourself.

He's not saying its good, just popular

>So you realize it would take a while to acquire that skill.
The difference is, it's a skill that's achievable, unlike sports. You need a combination of luck, dedication, and practice to reach the level of pro athletes. You have to be born with the genetic lottery to even have the capacity to reach pro level, and then you have to train for it. You can't say the same with pro gamers, its really just putting in the practice and time. More people are capable of achieving that level than they are for sports.

Fuckoff ESL

>i can
but doesnt

Attached: 1530333673398.jpg (474x487, 66K)

I generally agree with the assessment that BnHA is fairly bad and generic.
But your complaints are retarded.
Listing Ochaco as an example of bad motivation when there is a character who is literally an asshole to everyone because people tell him he is great.
Its so obvious a bad example you have to have picked it because you don't really believe the motivations are bad and you think anyone criticizing it honestly is wrong.

Of course it takes genetics, you have people wasting hundreds of hours and bucks on games and they still fucking suck. Dedication and practice are a given to master any skill but unless you have the talent for a game you'll never be on a high level. In FPS games it takes mouse precision, spotting and 3D coordination. In MOBAs it takes quick decision making, situation analysis, prediction for enemy and ally actions, team coordination. In RTS it takes an ability to micromanage, keep your attention split, hold a bunch of things in your head at once and STILL follow the bigger picture. All these games also need standard combat strategy - working with limited information, predicting opponent's moves, mind games, deception, etc. Even chess requires talent to be on top, many of these are more complex.

Can someone redpill me on this, did we get past the initial screaming and does it add anything to the standard shounen formula?

Not that guy but koreans are a thing in starcraft. That said, I dont think the absolute best possible people for esports are playing esports because the number of people playing those games isnt large enough.

Take basketball for example. The NBA has the best possible athletes for their sport out of the hundreds of millions of people in the world who know basketball.

I guess the gap between me and Miracle (one of the best pro DotA2 players) is miniscule compared to the gap between me and LeBron

I agree with everything you said, but I will never understand the appeal to watching someone sitting in front a screen vs someone utilizing their own body. Like I said, I don't care to watch sports, but I can at least understand it. The idea that people are entertained by people playing something they have direct access to is lost on me. To each their own though

>zoomer
Fuck off. Christ, crossposters are just dying to post here even though they know damn well that we don’t want them here

I can give you the quick rundown on BC
Don't watch the anime. Its trash
Manga is generic but has really great pacing and a small enough cast to share the focus.

Thanks, Kayaba Akihiko. No go invent sword art online

a bunch of hot cute girls that aren't dead weight and Asta matures after joining the Black Bulls.

It actually never bad

Attached: 1554477893655.jpg (8300x8700, 3.98M)

It adds absolutely nothing to the standard shounen formula, that's exactly what it is.

>are entertained by people playing something they have direct access to is lost on me
What sport do you not have direct assess to? The most popular ones really only require a ball to play.

you're pedo user, i can feel it.

But standard shonen never have great female like this

Attached: 1554450661115.jpg (1200x1200, 261K)

>generic tsundere in love with the MC
>great

>Kek never read the manga

It's admiration of a skill i guess. They also play on a much higher level that regular players don't have access to and intense battles there are interesting. They often also comment on their actions and teach the viewers strategies and tricks.

Aside from that, many streamers are also entertainers. As an example, they're often faced with people of lower skill level so some tend to attempt stupid but flashy plays to make it fun to watch. If ridiculous shit like that works it's funny, if it doesn't and the player dies it's also funny.

Attached: 4fc725611f2f5ae841453847f897ea9a1553066916_full.jpg (640x628, 117K)

There's nothing special about her. She starts off cold and looks down on commoners because she's a noble but is insecure deep down because her magic is shit, her character development is to not look down on commoners, getting confidence and getting better at magic. Who would have thought. I don't think she's bad, but it's generic and it's definitely not great.

Harem more better

Attached: Black_Clover_Jump_Next_2016-01_Poster.png (1867x1327, 2.74M)

That honestly sounds acceptable, I'll check out the manga. Thanks

Do YOU have access to playing against some of the world's greatest athletes in an overpriced stadium??

Not like you have access to a challenger rank LoL match either.

Does One Punch Man count? I'm mainly referring to the manga when i say this

Is it a different sport in a stadium?

>zoomers defending neets that sit in front of a screen all day
I have access to play on the same venue though

I think the ease of access to everything airing and how now they typically take breaks inbetween seasons rather than constantly running with worse than the usual animation filler arcs forcing kids to check out other shows will prevent a situation like the big 3 again.

Why'd you post the fake version?

Attached: shonen tiers.jpg (1540x1276, 864K)

Only the same game. A ranking system prevents you from playing against players of that caliber until you climb the ladder yourself. You're on the same field, but not in the same game - kinda like every football field is more or less the same, but only a few of them see world championships.

And if you really wanna nitpick, esports matches in tournaments get played on separate servers, so that's physically different too.

no

there will literally never be a shonen anime better than the first three seasons of bleach

it's literally impossible. don't be sad, be glad that perfection was achieved so quickly

>Will Zoomer shounens ever be able to reach the height of Millenial shounens?
Not if they keep living in their shadow

Attached: Black Clover and Naurto.jpg (1440x900, 279K)

>millenial
>violent fights
>cool, unique power systems (bleach especially)
>music stands out
>main characters are tall/tall looking

>zoomer
>no blood to be seen
>powers are just very basic capeshit
>generic hans zimmer tier music
>main characters look fucking tiny, literal midgets (seven deadly sins, bnha, black clover)

Feel bad for kids growing up on this shit to be honest. Say what you want about the big three but they were pretty stylish and had the "rule of cool" going for them

When I was in middle School-high School the only shounen series really got into hardcore was Dragon ball and DBZ.
Then I grew out of it by college.

I'm 26 now and the only shounen series I really think I enjoy now is Hunter Hunter, it's now my favorite series.
My point is even during The big three at the height of it's popularity in the mid-2000s I didn't give a fuck about any of them they were garage and boring if anything.

Attached: 4c1 (3).jpg (624x474, 24K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING CHILD

You don't even know what ESL is you fucking retard

>powers are just very basic capeshit
this fucking kills boku no hero the most for me

MHA OST > Naruto, Bleach, OP ost