Shokugeki no Soma

Remember when this series used to be good? Good times...

Attached: Soma.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THXU2lZQUr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still love it.

The soundtrack was way more lit than it had any right to be for a Chinese girl cartoon about food.
youtube.com/watch?v=THXU2lZQUr4

Attached: 1511819358966.png (331x300, 242K)

I love what it was before it went to shit.

Dropped it 2 years ago.
I sometimes lurk these threads and I keep seeing those awful pannels of Chainsaw cooking and the clown. Does the series now focuses on the methods of cooking or in the final product like the old times?

It's just bad now. That's all you need to know.

This sounds like it comes from a Fire Emblem game

>Dropped it 2 years ago.
Kek, the chainsaw shit is the reason why I picked it up. I'm at the end of the Autumn Elections arc. It's a big of a grind to get through, but I just want to shitpost about guillotine cuisine.

I'm just here for Megumi.

Attached: 1542826251976.png (1920x1080, 2.91M)

the current villain essentially just takes someone's preferred cooking utensil and is able to instantly use it with the same level of skill and precision as the person he won it from. Not only that, but he can operate 2 of these at a time and then COMBINES them. He literally carries around an assload of knives including the goddamn chainsaw.

So basically he's Subaru, except worse and it makes no fucking sense?

Attached: 1471116562512.jpg (480x480, 29K)

This. Even if I know I'll be left disappointed with her story cause Tsukuda is a shit writer who doesn't know what the hell to do with any of his characters.

Attached: 63442841_p0.jpg (1099x845, 657K)

Erina is both the root cause for some of the best moments and also the root cause this went to shit.

The series used to be clever and relate to actual things in the culinary world, such as restaurant location and brand establishment.

It also used to have some very clever solutions to certain problems based around actual culinary techniques, until it devolved to being all about "MUH UMAMI". Shit like Souma being unable to select the freshest saury so he instead had to resort to using various methods to preserve a saury of less than ideal quality.

today i will remind them of the art decrease

Attached: 1554584654096.png (610x588, 372K)

ALSO he's basically the MC's brother (his family died and MC's dad basically raised him like he would eventually raise his own son)
ALSO he intends on marrying the main love interest and the only thing stopping that from happening is the MC defeating him here and now.

Soma will make a dish so good that it kills Asahi and the judges, sending them to heaven except Asahi who burns in hell

Are these characters really Elite Ten material?

Just gonna follow the anime, at least until (as I've heard) the story goes to shit.

Watch the first 2 seasons and pretend the series is over. Do it for your own good

I liked all the ones I've seen, even the third season, despite the story escalating to ridiculous levels. The first two seasons were definitely better, but I still have fun with it.

The manga is better, but if you're going to stick with just the anime then don't bother with the third season.

its fucking NTR now

As I said, I've watched all of the anime. Are there any major differences between the anime and manga stories?

It was pretty faithful, some things are swapped around in order and characters are teased early, but I can't recall anything important that was skipped (though it's been a while, could be wrong)

I watched the first season of this and it seemed fine and relatively grounded, what happened to make it awful?

>Are there any major differences between the anime and manga stories?
No, not really. Well they did cut out Megumi, Soma, and Isshiki cooking for a bunch of little kids along with Ping Pong Megumi.

There's an OVA showing her ping pong skills, at least.

the second season is great as well, and the first half of season 3 is decent. From there on out and until recently in the manga it starts going downhill fast

No shit. Tosh isn't trying as hard anymore since he's not getting the proper motivation to work hard since Tsukuda's writing is so terrible.

Like the characters get retarded, the story becomes nonsensical etc? This isn't the first thread about the downfall of this manga I've seen so something bad must have happened.

>what happened to make it awful?
Azami started the downfall, but EL HERMANO made it completely irremediable. It's gotten to the point where no reader can see how the manga can end on an even decent note. Not even the shippers are defending it and you know a series has gone BAD when not even the braindead shippers bother to come to its defense.

There's nothing grounded about it anymore.
>inb4 cookingwithchainsaws.jpg

I remember feeling that way a long, long time ago

The story gets stupidly really quick. The manga stops being about cooking and the process of it, instead it becomes a shitshow about the stupidest character decisions ever

>relatively grounded

the author fell for the classic shonen problem of thinking he needs to raise the stakes every arc.

The tsundere ojousama became central and cooking royalty blew everything out of proportion. The author can't into stakes so he goes all or nothing over and over.

Sounds like a tasty trainwreck for an afternoon read, I'll definitely pick this up. Always love reading manga that drop the ball/

I'm with you, 'except I dropped it the second they introduced some page that had "DARK CHEFS" just after #1 SEAT cooked some criminal organization a meal that "beat" them out of town because it was so tasty and the 17-year-old not-yet-graduated-from-high-school-girl became the headmaster of the entire education organization.

Seemed a little...I dunno how to put it?

All the above. Characters halting or even regressing in development, the plot became Dragonball levels of ridiculous with NTR thrown in, pacing first slowed down to a glacial pace and then suddenly sped up to practically skipping over important developments (one of several reasons people think it's gotten axed).

All it would have took to return this series to normal after Azami was some SoL shit again, but no, we gotta have El Hermano and his evil dark chefs that use black rice, guillotines, radiation grills, chainsaw, and nukes.

Attached: 1531922794936s.jpg (125x103, 3K)

the story took a nose dive when Erinas father tried to take over the school in a coup and they challenged the father to a giant multi person knockout shokungeki the training arc was retarded and the entire shokungeki was just boring then just as things started to settle down somas adoptive brother comes from nowere kidnaps Erina proposes to her and now Somas got to compete is yet another tournament against 'black' bad chefs to save Erina from his brother who can now also magically steal chefs skills by using there knives, oh and Somas dad jobs to him to prove how much of a threat he is.

oh and Erina is now the student headmistress of the academy because granddad is a lazy ass shit.

>so something bad must have happened.
Jou, the one hyped up as THE cooking God of the series, was completely BTFO by EL HERMANO thus shitting on Soma's end goal of being the one to beat his dad. EL HERMANO happens to be a literal who character that came out of of nowhere. His name is Asahi, he's apart of the Dark Chefs and wants to marry Erina for her tongue. We get some NTR with him carrying her princess style while she's 50 shades of red. It gets even worse when he kidnaps her. BLUE starts up. Megumi and Takumi and Soma are the only ones invited even though Alice and Ryou and Hayama have higher seats than the latter two. COOKING WITH CHAINSAWS. The book-keeper turns out to be the mother of Erina, Mana, so yet another arc featured Erina/parent issues. SUPERPOWERS ARE LITERALLY MENTIONED CAUSE EL HERMANO CAN STEAL SOMEHOW STEAL THE SKILLS OF OTHER CHEFS WITH HIS KNIVES. MUH UMAMI. No real cooking actually takes place, its just a bunch of flashy moves with pretty underwhelming dishes. Erina's character is all over the fucking place thus shitting on the development she got during RdC. Megumi and Takumi lose important matches again. Soma is the same one-note character that hes been regressed to a long time ago. Side characters continue to stay irrelevant even though fans were hoping the start of a new arc would bring the spotlight back to them for a bit. Eishi also got the BTFO by EL HERMANO. Oh and Souma will obviously beat him even though it makes no sense for him to beat Asahi since he wasn't able to beat either Eishi or his father.

This El Hermano character sounds like someone inserted their OC into an actual story. I love it.

And I forgot to mention that the art and foodgasms just arent what they use to be. Plus Tsukuda has rushing through a bunch of shit.

>Valentine's Day shenanigan
>E10 work and duties
>new freshman
>pokemon trainer girl
>buttchin jobber
>long hair Sakaki
>GIGGA NIGGA as part of E10
>Eizan somehow passing Nene
>Soma and co. dealing with freshmen and selecting people for the Autumn tour and other things
>everyone accepting Central losers again as part of school
tfw we will never see any of these things, when just these things alone can fill up at least 100 chapters

It's the author's self-insert OC.

Attached: 1548408354978.png (891x1300, 518K)

He's literally using a chainsaw, I thought you guys meant like a small hand saw or some shit but it's an actual fucking chainsaw. WHAT

Attached: guillwtf.jpg (909x1300, 369K)

None of the stuff described in this thread has been exaggerated. At all. Except I guess one guy mentioned nukes, that is a bit too far. It was just bombs.

Takumi got his mezzaluna back offscreen and I'm still fucking mad

There's no better way to extract the flavors of a dish than to delicately carve microscopic furrows into a piece of meat. With a chainsaw.

Attached: 1548444112326.png (891x1300, 383K)

Oh, did I forget to mention that these guys immediately got offscreened by El Hermano the next time we saw them?

Attached: 10.jpg (918x1300, 418K)

It's like I'm reading Yugioh.

They are all supposedly under 35 year-old.

Attached: darkchefs.png (1807x1300, 1.04M)

The author is clearly just having a laugh and seeing what he can get away with at this point.

PLEASE tell me the guy with the switchblade uses it to fucking cook

>shokugeki before
"you are going to be a chef in an actual restaurant some day"
"here's all the shit a top chef in a top restaurant is expected to deal with, including advertising and procurement"
"it's not just about the food, it's about everything surrounding the food"

>shokugeki now
"WE WILL RULE THE WORLD USING COOKING"
"AMAZING THE DYNAMITE IN HER OVEN CREATED SUCH UMAMI"
"HOW WILL YOU DEFEAT HER TO SAVE YOUR WAIFU JESUS-KUN?!"

>"it's not just about the food, it's about everything surrounding the food"
This. Despite Shokugeki no Souma being a cooking manga, very little time is dedicated to the cooking itself and the act itself is often glossed over. Originally, most of the manga revolved around a certain challenge and the prep work to overcome it.

I hope this isn't the last arc, just to see what crazy shit the future has in store.

Never got to see him cook, he jobbed to either Erina or El Hermano off-screen.

>under 35
>old man with wrinkles and a big ass beard

Can we stop discussing why the series is shit and start posting cutie Shokugeki girls?

Attached: medium-athah-anime-food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-erina-nakiri-original-imaf9h4u3faqsjhu.jpg (832x594, 56K)

Here's best Nakiri.

Attached: 1552274428006.png (540x716, 354K)

Alice and Ryou best pair.

Attached: 1469067034789.gif (500x281, 1.68M)

I heard that this guy powers was like hunter x powers and holy shit it is simmilar.

Absolutely correct

It will just be the same as that one Manga about making Bread.

Where it went from:
"You will have to make your own bread in a bakery some day so learn the best way to do it"
"Now you have to compete with another bakery and not just the best bread will overcome it!"

Into:
"Oh god, the bread is so good because the woman has fingers of ice that keep the butter and fruit frozen, it's so good I'm turning into a Blow Up Doll forever and flying into the un!"
"Oh god, the BREAD IS EVIL and possesses whoever ate it, only GOD by concentrating the very power of the sun and shooting a concentrated heat-sun laser can great a bread holy enough to exorcise the demon and save the world before every country INCLUDING JAPAN is turned into BREAD"

Same exact thing.

Attached: YakikitateJapan.jpg (728x1198, 226K)

>their kids will be more danish than nip
based.

Yakitate went to that point almost immediately and ridiculousness was a series staple from the start. It never took itself seriously, but we're somehow supposed to take EL HERMANO at face value.

It was never good.

Reminder that Tsukuda is giving it his all every week.

Attached: 1552882874678.png (785x289, 20K)

FUCKING HACK

What if this are got retconned as just a fever dream Souma was having?

What archetype is this?

Alice? Beautiful, wealthy, confident, outgoing, lovable girl who doesn't take anything too seriously except cooking when the moment calls for it. Alice is just trying to enjoy her best life.

Don't forget Nen.

central arc could have been good if azami wasnt a thing and the arc didnt revolve around beating the previous elite 10 but instead befriending some of them.

Did we get to see Fedora man wrecking some havoc?

Central arc never would have happened if Azami understood economics

It was so good. The Festival cooking contest was peak manga kino.

Reminder that Shokugeki doesn't have worst girls.

>Reminder that Shokugeki doesn't have worst girls.
Erina and her storylines are absolute shit so false.

Is that fucking Protoman!

Attached: gohan blanco.png (333x1600, 455K)

Wrong image but an accurate representation of the direction this mango took.

>grew up in Denmark
>anime just says Scandinavia

Attached: 1359587377554.jpg (604x720, 86K)

Still best

Attached: 11.png (1920x2059, 2.34M)

Attached: 9933e2bb39ec9fea4d01dbd0b7d0f41b.jpg (1236x1664, 1.06M)

good taste. this garbage was headed toward the trashcan the moment she got sidelined for the mary sue

she'd be alright if she got rid of the tan and slightly grew her hair out

One of the few girls that i fapped to desu.

>Not liking the best thing about her
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Attached: 1533309568089.png (1280x1088, 1.9M)

Best gyaru ever,

>she got sidelined for the mary sue
she was never important though

>hair having higher values than skin
>skin being more saturated than hair

I wish I could know what the fuck happened to Tsukuda to take such a nosedive direction on the last 2 arcs.
I'm blaming the editor in this one.

Literally no editor would push for NTR shit.

I could imagine that he might have had a plan up until they beat the Elite Ten and then he just had to continue because weekly shounen shit.

did he hook up with erina yet

Yet the editor did sign off on all the NTR bait for Erina this arc.

It was like that ages ago, like even before the Azami arc. Fact is Tosh clearly treats drawing for WSJ as a mere job and doesn't have any passion unlike when he was doing hentai or first started Shokugeki. He got his foot in the door when he upgraded his art significantly during the early chapters over his works like Harem Time and now he's basically Crunchy Roll'd cruising on his foundations.

What's the point when even the nips no longer care about them? No new drawings no fucks given. It's really impressive to have a series draw mainly being a hentai artist yet being so lackluster that no one even draws hentai of the girls in the story anymore.

>did he hook up with erina yet
no. that'll be the cherry on top of this entire shitfest. the mc getting with a girl he had about 30 minutes worth of conversation with the entire manga.

not him but do you seriously think everything that has happened so far is due to some editor? user stop sicking tsukudas dick. the guy just ran out of ideas. it happens to a lot of shonen manga.

And if it's because he's out of ideas, the NTR shit could easily have been due to the editor's suggestion.

Though I think most of the shit this arc is due to the series having been given six months to wrap things up a few months ago. Resulting in everything being heavily compressed and pared down to the bone to get us to the final matches with enough chapters left for them.

>And if it's because he's out of ideas, the NTR shit could easily have been due to the editor's suggestion.
ok sure and the el hermano and jou getting btfo 5-0 and the dark chefs and the chainsaws were all his idea too. i mean we saw started seeing the cracks in tsukuda writing when azami came into the story.

>foresaw the shitshow when EL HERMANO beat Joichiro
>sold and traded all my volumes of SnS
>now they are going for 50% off on locals around here.
Crisis averted, though i do feel bad about the series going to shit.