Nichijou English Dub Announced

Handled by Funimation by the way
rightstufanime.com/Nichijou-Blu-ray

Attached: GODISDEAD.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dBqMxvqLQuw
youtube.com/watch?v=cP7873dZdTM
youtube.com/watch?v=P8Zkq8DH6_c
youtube.com/watch?v=ENhlzHS4hfY
youtube.com/watch?v=1x5Uxp1JChg
youtube.com/watch?v=CbV1shaVVZk
youtube.com/watch?v=Kv-8T7XEjjM
youtube.com/watch?v=kDhEPrSnOWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GOD IS DEAD!

i'm right HERE stUPID.

Attached: b8cd43eb-9be2-44b2-83ad-f7a08f3f6902.png (285x203, 128K)

Thankfully it's a comedy.

I'm glad it's getting a Blu-ray release so that I can have a physical copy of it.

Inb4 >buying anime

>Hakase WILL sound like an old lady doing a baby voice
>any jokes they can't translate into english will be replaced with meme references
>expecting ANY american va to match Mariko Honda's performance as Yuuko
>tons of #woke shit will probably be shoved in there since it's Funimation
>horrible casting most likely since dub studios have 6 voice actors on retainer
>a bunch of normies will be like "seriously... THIS is the show people like so much" because most of the comedy will be lost by horrible translations and shitty voice acting
what is Funi thinking?!?!?!

Attached: AOBAAAAA.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

I'm actually more curious as to why they would dub an anime that's like 8 years old....and a comedy one no less.

>>a bunch of normies will be like "seriously... THIS is the show people like so much" because most of the comedy will be lost by horrible translations and shitty voice acting

>Giving a shit about what normalfag think

because Funimation just got the rights fairly recently, so now they're dubbing it.

it's going to be annoying because you're going to see Nichijou memes get parroted a lot more and ironic weebs start trying to latch onto this show like what happened with Jojo and PTE.

Must be in a pretty rough state if they have to dig that far back. I guess they have to start scrounging whenever there's a wait for new DBZ stuff?

>normalfag
>normies
Go Fucking back

>says the tripfag

>because most of the comedy will be lost by horrible translations and shitty voice acting
Oh no. The deep, profound, sophisticated comedy of girls screaming really loud and overreacting to shit - the anime equivalent of a fucking pewdiepie video, will be RUINED by baka gaijin 3DPD voices. I don't think I can handle such horror.

Good gosh. Normalfag sites like facebook are going to be flooded with normalfag memes involving nichijou. If only there was some way of not being exposed to what's going on over on facebook.
Just the idea of nichijou being tainted by filthy normalfag hands has me shaking. Good thing nichijou is totally obscure and safe from such things as it is now
youtu.be/dBqMxvqLQuw

good performances can make good shows, shitty performances always make shitty shows.

the snoop dog shit is literally the only one. just watch, ironic weebs are going to start saying "selemat pagi!" and screaming "EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH" at each other, the'y're going to post images of them at coffee shops and see "Doppio" listed and be like "HOLY SHIT NICHIJOU!!!!!!!!!" like every cancerous group and eventually Nichijou will just be considered Ironic weeb trash.

Good picture choice.

Who cares?

>ironic weebs are going to start saying "selemat pagi!" and screaming "EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH" at each other, the'y're going to post images of them at coffee shops and see "Doppio" listed and be like "HOLY SHIT NICHIJOU!!!!!!!!!"
So in other words they're going to continue doing the exact same shit faggot fans of the show have always been doing?
The snoop dogg shit is 100% normalfag humour and it's proof that your dumb spastic show isn't some obscure underground gem known to only the most 1337 otaku.

I'm not pretending it is super obscure, it just isn't cancer that tries to infect everything around it like what happened to Jojo once it became more popular in the west. The Nichijou fanbase has some cringy shit in it, but it's contained, make it more popular and you turn a show that some people enjoy into "HORRIBLE CANCEROUS TRASH THAT IS DESTROYING THE ANIME COMMUNITY"

>destroying the anime community
What community? What fucking anime community could you possibly hold to any esteem?

he probably thinks Yea Forums is good or something, above the reddit criticism.

it's just an exaggeration, it's just some term for annoying anime fans that try to act as if they're the masters of anime and they are the ones who determine which shows are shit and which shows are good. basically dudes you'd see and r/anime and the people who make up most anime conventions.

I guess he's right. It's a shame that our endless flood of caancerous shitposting involving OPM, franxx, VEG, HxH, Carole and Tuesday, Kaguya-sama and Miyazaki will be ruined by a flood of Nichijou shitposting. We will never get such quality threads again and Yea Forums will definitely lose its elite, quality board status.

when did anyone say Yea Forums is good?

I speak pretty fluent sarcasm, so I think I can say with relative certainty that he was being ironic.

CITY anime fucking when?

Nichijou threads on Yea Forums are already ruined by repetitive shitposting anyway, so a dub can't tarnish much further. I sure miss the manga thread days.

Attached: hakase insists.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

>incoming SJW scripts

>Yuuko: Ah Mai-chan(for some reason leaving the honorific in) SELEMAT PAGI!
>Mio: YUUKO, THAT'S APPROPRIATING A DIFFERENT CULTURE YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

>Mio: Yuuko, you really should do your homework
>Yuuko: IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M AN IDIOT, IT'S THE PATRIARCHY!!!!!!!!

>Hakase WILL sound like an old lady doing a baby voice
Yep, that's Monica "Thanks for the tweet" Rial, very likely.
>any jokes they can't translate into english will be replaced with meme references
There are not that many, aren't there?
Expected.
>horrible casting most likely since dub studios have 6 voice actors on retainer
They have enough cheaper new meats to be dumped on this show.
>a bunch of normies will be like "seriously... THIS is the show people like so much" because most of the comedy will be lost by horrible translations and shitty voice acting
I feel it since I watched Pop Team Epic dubbed by them. It's unfortunate.

>FUNimation
Can't wait until they get their asses sued, fuck their SJW bullshit.

Attached: Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san - 04 - Large 15.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

None of these are real problems you idiot, but
This is an actual problem but we won't know until is actually out, but yeah, most likely they are going to shove their own SJW content everytime they don't know how to translate a joke into english.

>>>/dub/ is that way, user

>dub

The age of "so bad it's good" hammy dub acting has passed. Dub actors actually try now, which makes it far more awful.

>Hakase sounding like an old lady isn't a problem

Actually, the dubbing industry is growing and this gives them the opportunity to go back and dub more important stuff, that they originally couldn't do thanks to a lack of money and manpower.

Dubs are always bad, did you started watching anime yestarday?

nothing is sacred

>expecting ANY american va to match Mariko Honda's performance as Yuuko
>haha I'm talking normally BUT SUDDENLY I'M SCREAMING ISN'T THAT WACKY is supposed to be impressive

You clowns are so easily impressed by anything Japan does but act like total snobs when it comes to English voice acting. I don't get it.

>but suddenly I'm screaming
you haven't seen the show have you?

>You clowns are so easily impressed by anything Japan does but act like total snobs when it comes to English voice acting

Attached: wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg (480x360, 16K)

The voiceacting is what made the show and humor yes, you baka.

yeah, FuniDubs are good guys, they really destroy the JP voices with their amazing performances and totally go with the tone that was intended.
youtube.com/watch?v=cP7873dZdTM
youtube.com/watch?v=P8Zkq8DH6_c

yeah the PTE dub was the best dub ever made
youtube.com/watch?v=ENhlzHS4hfY
youtube.com/watch?v=1x5Uxp1JChg

why hello there Mr.unpaid union worker. How is it hanging?

Unfortunately for them they work in Texas and that's not how shit works there, can't wait to see them crash and burn, thinking they're literally irreplaceable VAs, what a bunch of faggots (and their fans also).

Attached: smugumin.png (414x459, 60K)

English voice acting has been proven to be great, their own shows. Mark Hamill and Frank Weller. Don't even need to bring up other names but there are some amazing English voice actors.

As always, native language is the best and if you think any different you're likely a lazy plebian who can't be bothered to read because your parents and schools have failed you and led you to using the internet to raise yourself. Its fucking sad, I feel for you.

>normies
>dub
My board.
What has become of my board?

Polite reminder that SAGERU exists and that people who care about board culture should use it.

This happened to two shows over three years and you're acting like it happens every week.

Do you guys think FUNimation is going to live after the lawsuit on their asses? Their VAs are among the most idiotic, self centered pieces of shit.
Its pretty bad, but dubs might be burned to the ground anyway

This post reminded me of Sgt. Frog and made me angry all over again.
Why can’t Funi into comfy?

Attached: 6C198560-82AB-4E2D-BACE-849DD07C5FD3.jpg (900x680, 60K)

dragon maid wasn't that bad theey could maybe do it... rightguys... right?! RIGHT?! RIGHT?!?!

they happened to multiple shows at the literal same time which was about a year ago.

PESKY

>my board
was never yours in the first place, tryhard. Its people like you that spur on dubfags to post in droves and we end up with people defending watching shows outside of their native intended language

whether you watch it or not dubs effect the industry as a whole, and normies dictate what's being made or even what's being subbed since fansubs are getting lesser every day.

If you watched the Pop Team Epic dub you already know it's going to be a steaming pile of shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=CbV1shaVVZk

>watching dubs
>in 2019

I didn't touch the pop team epic dub. well lets watch the video how bad can it be

Well I watched the video

F

Well at least it will bring in more interest into this show. hopefully 5% of the people who watch the awful dub will turn into the sub and enjoy themselves.

>Funi is going to burn because they stopped hiring a guy with fewer than 5 ongoing roles in an at-will employment state
This is next-level delusion. What's with dub haters thinking their fanfiction is reality?

Subbing effects subbing
dubbing effects sales
Watch it or not, funi has the power to fuck shit up.

>this entire post
You have to go back.

No it didn't. Unless you're talking about the Hajimete no Gal dub which would just prove you didn't watch it since that would be like calling the Ghost Stories dub SJW because they make fun of Republicans.

(you)
Started on Yea Forums so there's no going back, boys.

Attached: __abe_takakazu_kuso_miso_technique__196d340b08ab000ce58c5f0ca689cde1.jpg (450x600, 51K)

the pop team epic dub was undeniable proof at how shitty english dub actors really are, even despite the fact that they followed the same joke of different VAs for each episode, half the time, they all sounded the same anyway so the joke would be lost on most people. Not to mention the shitty delivery across the board for most of these, and random decisions to replace some references with other meme references like this video's "YASSS QUEEN" out of nowhere. And considering how people at this shit up, it's just undeniable proof that dubbing is just too far gone.

>tfw voice actors/actresses from newgrounds working on flash cartoons sound better than funi
>tfw funi realized that and started hiring ex flash voice actors for their projects

We live in a mad world

>half the time, they all sounded the same anyway so the joke would be lost on most people.
The very clips posted ITT prove you're either deaf or retarded.

Mainly because english voice acting is 9 out of 10 times absolute garbage.

The thing is, Funimation already released it but it was subbed only. Which was fine with me cause that’s all I wanted, but it seems fucked that they would rerelease it two years later with more options.

Who is Vic gonna voice act?

Sakamoto, Monica will be Hakase.

>>a bunch of normies
would they even be aware? how visible will the release even be?

>caring about dub

Kys fag.

They are hiring some of Team Four Star members nowadays as well.

To be fair for haters, some jokes just can't be translated and they didn't deliver well on those parts. Also, simuldubbing a reference-heavy show is hard enough. Most VA jokes were lost.

At least they manage to summon JYB for the Endless 8 episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kv-8T7XEjjM

>Hakase will be called PROFESSOR
I hate it already

>not caring about blu-ray jap dub with english subs

that's the least of my problems
her cute voice will be replaced by a female californian accent

Attached: shawtyknowwassup.gif (370x302, 887K)

It's either that or Hah-kuh-say.

can't wait to hear some 30 year old smoker voicing her

t. r/anime

>DID YOU JUST TRY TO RAPE ME YOU OLD CIS WHITE STRAIGHT COLONIZER?!!

Attached: end the patriarchy.jpg (806x448, 52K)

>Dub actors actually try now
But then why is it that dub actors, unless it's a particularly large property being dubbed, always have this weird inflection in their voice, almost like they pause between words and they were given absolutely no direction? Sentences never quite flow naturally in dubs.
Voice acting can be difficult, sure, but dub actors/actresses always seem like they've been hired off Fiverr.

I've been putting off watching this show for a long while and i can't tell if this news made me want to watch it more or less.

Literally Family Guy: The Anime, it wasn't funny then, it isn't funny now.

Wow only like 15 years late

>watching the female PTE dub
>not the superior male dub
You ruin half of the joke that way

Attached: 129F69D2-3BB6-4809-B227-2DC49608CC21.jpg (299x293, 9K)

This. Why would you wait this long to produce a dub for a show that's been out for ages?
Did they realize there were no good shows this season and figured "Fuck it, lets just get something from a few years ago"

KAMI WA SHINDA

This

Are you really so dense that you think we're celebrating?

Have X, you love it
Someone modifies X and releases Y.
You think Y is bad but some people might be waiting for Y.
You go on an autistic rant
"dub, oh no the humanity"

>some people
Subhumans you mean.

Jesus christ. Just the first "pop team epic" was enough to make me shudder.

I will be impressed if they get any actress able to do Yuuko justice
but I will be really impressed if they don't completely ruin the jokes
instead of
>D-D-DOPPIO
it will be
>that coffee is so expensive!
I can see it now

Attached: 1440564237682.png (205x252, 33K)

I've always thought it's because Japanese syllables-per-second tend to be higher than English.

Attached: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.png (239x486, 116K)

I guess if you are going to samefag necro a dead thread you do need to post something insanely retarded to get something going and not have it fall to page 10 again.

About time.

Bump :)

CITY SCANS WHEN!?
It's so good but it's literally only availble through the Yen Press releases. Why does nobody wanna scanlate it!?

Attached: 9781947194267.jpg (330x450, 66K)

the original manga hasn't even been fully scanned

Anybody who watches this should have their access to Yea Forums revoked.

You deserve to not be here, faggot. Fuck off with your no fun allowed bullshit.

>no funi allowed
Fixed that for you, fanboy.

Well the dub is going to be shit.
I thought you were talking about the show itself.

As long as it makes it a bit more popular and gets it a few more sales I'm ok with whatever they shit out. Plus I'm sure it won't be that bad and I they might make a few jokes here and there pretty funny when localized.

Dubfags.. again

>funimation
Dead on arrival

Why would you assume I was shit talking Nichijou? This is a thread about the supposed dub. The show itself is fucking amazing.

So was Prison School and to a degree Dragon Maid and look how fucked those got

why do cartoon va's almost always sound better than anime dub va's? theres a reason

>theres a reason
Yeah, double standards.

If Spongebob were a Japanese show that got an English dub with the exact same cast and script we have now, it would be completely shit on.

you're wrong. go listen to the japanese dub of spongebob right now.

I have. We both know exactly how this would have played out.

>Patrick is supposed to sound innocent and naive but the dub ruined him by turning him into a complete retard
>They gave Plankton le epic meme voice because English VAs can't do cute

Honestly, if they had kept the original script, it would've been a pretty good dub in my opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=kDhEPrSnOWA

Dub's gunna suck. Get ready for it.

>I SAID I WANTED MACARONI!!

Attached: MACARONI.jpg (640x360, 70K)