Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

What am I in for?

Attached: 2VFZsgh.jpg (400x563, 78K)

Gay undertones, lots of Rakugo, no performance of Yuu Kobayashi

Do yourself a favour and wait a little bit before watching the very last episode of season 2. The episode before it has the real ending, it’s more of an epilogue. And it’s controversial.

Good first season mediocre second season

A very good first episode at the very least
Second episode was lame and I dropped it then

But man that first episode was really damn good.

tpbp

From this thread? Spoilers

Not much

One of the best anime ever made. Based Studio DEEN.

Cucking of the millennium

A legitimately good show.

Cuck end that people still try deny.

Everybody gets NTRd. Literally.

Cuck ending, huge age gap, rape

>Cuck ending
What cuck ending? It was always clear that Yotarou wasn't the father of the firstborn.

The other cuck, Sukeroku because of her daughter

Akira Ishida

>no performance of Yuu Kobayashi
This is SO SHIT. The mangaka teased so hard with a woman becoming a prominent rakugoka, but she chose not to commit. And DEEN missed such an opportunity for Kobayashi's performance. I'm still mad.

And shitposting.

S2 never happened.

Based late Meiji-early Showa era flashbacks with character drama that revolves around the Japanese art of storytelling. Characters are likable and it has a nice jazz backdrop. I'll admit that the performative parts of Rakugo was a bit awkward to really get into at first (at least for me) but you get used to it pretty soon. It has pretty good art direction too. Not as wild as 3-Gatsu no Lion, but it still has some pretty moving scenes. I think it's worth a watch if you don't need something constantly happening and mostly just want to enjoy a calm melodrama that revolves around nihilism, defeatism, bloodlines, and the traditional 'passing of the baton' type of story.