We often talk about the art but which mangaka is the best writer?

We often talk about the art but which mangaka is the best writer?

Attached: 65.png (1085x423, 880K)

Definitely not Urasawa due to his underwhelming endings. His best work is Pluto, and that's not even his work due to Astro Boy belonging to Tezuka.

/thread/

Attached: genius.jpg (900x860, 399K)

Inio Asano gang

>Inio Asano
Bait?

Togashi, why is that even a question?

Oku Hiroya

There is no best mangaka in terms of art and writing. It's all subjective, and comes down to personal taste. That being said, Mori Kaoru is a favorite of mine. I love all her major works, and one-shots.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 12.35.04 AM.png (615x615, 477K)

Can’t remember the name but I like the guy who wrote Jiriashin, Sidooh, and the tranny who finds a gun.

Objective answer is that the best writer means combination story and art, in which case Trail or Blood mangaka wins

This, the man is all build up and hype but shit execution

i-i's that the cute steppe waifu I hear so much about?

>Objective answer is that the best writer means combination story and art, in which case Trail or Blood mangaka wins
You're kidding, right? That guy has yet to write a decent ending. His art isn't anything special either.

>aku no hana went to shit
>happiness went to shit
>boku wa mari went to shit
i like his mommy manga so far but the guy doesnt have a good track record

Flowers of Evil was really good at the end, everyone just soured in the very last chapter because they expected a timeskip but got an ineffectual flashback.
Happiness and Drifting Net Cafe were good throughout.
The body-switching was was not great, I’ll give you that

masashi kishimoto

fight me, niggas

>fight me
you fought yourself and lost

In terms of "strictly a writer, not an artist" I think Kyo Shirodaira is pretty good, and Kazuo Koike of course if only for sheer crazy factor.

For me, it's Tsugumi Ohba, followed in second place by Togashi

Is this a real post?

This. I can't fucking wait to grab her artbook in 2 days. Shirley one-shot and the last tank of Otoyomegatari come out in 2 days in frogland with a special limited artbook.

Attached: kaoru-mori-office-2.jpg (680x378, 102K)

>I can't fucking wait to grab her artbook in 2 days. Shirley one-shot and the last tank of Otoyomegatari come out in 2 days in frogland with a special limited artbook.
Is it exclusive to frogland only? I can't find any info on the Harta twitter nor nip amazon. If so, you're so lucky. I've been waiting for the day Mori releases an official artbook. I always PO the Harta issues that include her mini booklet of sketches.

Attached: c126d0169bc81aceecaf054fa71cbc95.jpg (564x752, 51K)

Hirohiko Araki

He is the only one who has evolved all his career.

Well thanks to this thread I now want all of Otoyomegatari.

Yumeka Sumomo(Sahara Mizu)

Only because her work, "Tetsugaku Letra", literally changed my life.

>Hirohiko Araki
Nah, but I'll give him credit where its due. No matter how ridiculous Jojo gets and how much shit Araki pulls out of his ass, readers just go WELL THATS JOJO. He's built his career on his works being nonsensical yet working cause it's Jojo. You're not suppose to take it seriously.

Togashi, just because YYH.

>imlying
YYH was shit because Jump wouldn't let Togashi do what we wanted to do
>It saddens me to say this, but I had explored every possible direction for the YYH characters that I could in the context of a professional publication. All I could do at this point was to start deconstructing the characters, or go on repeating the same storylines over and over until the readers got bored. My attempts to deconstruct the characters were, of course, turned down by Jump. I didn't have the strength, physically and mentally, to keep doing the same thing over and over.

Level E and Hunter x Hunter in other hand..

Attached: requiem.jpg (2132x1600, 598K)

t. only reads shounenshit
Also, part of being a good writer is not forgetting half of the plotpoints.

Urasawa, One, FKMT and Oda if we talking about the popular, mainstream guys. I also got a lot of love for the way Horikoshi writes, but he's not perfect.

I think Nogizaka Tarou (Ghost Tower, Team Medical Dragon), Masuura Daruma (Kasane), Yamaguchi Mikoto (Scumbag Loser, Dead Tube, Tomodachi Game), Hayashida Q (Dorohedoro), Itagaki Paru (Beastars) are pretty good for different reasons.

Attached: fuchi_kasane_5439.jpg (335x335, 26K)

Araki is pretty good, he's just pretty unique too. He invented his own rules for his story and excels at making them work. That's why he's popular. I should have probably added him to my list here:

>durr Araki forgot
You haven't read the manga

Pluto looks like shit next to Monster and 20th century boys.

Hideo Yamamoto, Ise Katsura or Fukumoto

I have been following her since Emma got an anime adaptation and she is great, she recently did a one shot with a new maid.

>which mangaka is the best writer?

How do you expect to get the answer about this from an audience that reads almost exclusively translated works? Story in general is a different thing from actual quality LEVEL when it comes to writing and translation inadvertently changes that be it manga or novels.

Based Jump keeping Togashi in line and not letting him get so far up his own ass it ruins the story.
YYH > HxH

>Is it exclusive to frogland only?
Sorry but i'm not sure if it's exclusive or not. Artbook name is "Scribbles" it's a 44 pages artbook full of sketches with comments from Mori.

Attached: OPKaoruMori_annonceVIC.jpg (837x591, 516K)

He most certainly doesn't mean how well the writer uses words. He means how well they write stories and characters.

Artist without creative freedom is not an artist
HxH > > > > > > YYH

Attached: 0265-006.jpg (1066x1600, 263K)

Creativity is born from restrictions. Togashi without restrictions will just suck himself and his characters off for years without anything meaningful coming from it. See the current arc for examples of this.

Seconding this. I prefer some of her other works but she basically has no bad work.

He isn't consistent but peak Buronson is my favourite, followed by Taiyou Matsumoto and Katsuhiro Otomo for shorter stories. Shotaro Ishinomori has written some suprisingly great things, Skull Man and Robot Detective still hold up quite well even now.

Takahashi Tsutomu and yeah he's great. Bakuon Rettou is a masterpiece.

My favourite individual artist/author is either Takahashi Tsutomu or Masanori Morita. I still don't think anyone can draw better than Morita.

Attached: Suberu-wo-Itowazu_p073.png (1235x1800, 505K)

>Artbook name is "Scribbles" it's a 44 pages artbook full of sketches with comments from Mori.
These are what her booklets of sketches are titled. They're included with certain Harta issues. I'm guessing you'll be getting all the sketches in one big one instead of the 7 booklets. There's no colored art, but the artwork is still gorgeous. Hope you enjoy it.

Attached: scribble1.png (1062x764, 751K)

Togashi without a doubt. Whoever says otherwise doesn't know shit about writing.

>Scumbag Loser
I doubt its author is good with that piece of shit of a manga.

>Togashi without a doubt. Whoever says otherwise doesn't know shit about writing.
Here come the Hiatusfags.

He's shit at writing

How do you feel about Platinum End?