ITT: Characters who are better than the manga they belong to

Attached: Lee_Pose.png (1388x1050, 1.59M)

Attached: Masako2.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Uhh every Juni Taisen character besides rat

Attached: 1522975501737.jpg (1500x1500, 383K)

This.

What's so good about him?

Rock Lee never should have appeared after gaara rocked his shit

>actually has to try
>earns his overpowered magic bullshit
>is still humble and likeable despite being stronger than Sasgay and Fishbowl from day 1
>acknowledges the existence of natural talent and how it does override effort, but without being hypocritical like naruto or resigning to his fate
Rock Lee is a better protagonist than any character of the Big 3.

>gaara
>rocked his shit
You need to re-watch or read that fight.
Yes, Gaara won the match, but only after being so thoroughly psychologically destroyed that he lost all sanity. Rock Lee got over being hurt and continued living his life like normal.

>Big 3.

who's the 3rd

>Characters who are better than the manga they belong to
That'd be nearly every single character in Naruto (with very few exceptions like Sasuke or Naruto himself). Pic related is the best though.

It also applies to most characters in Bleach.
If we include original anime, Darling in the Franxx is another great example for this kind of thing.

I do tend to be more forgiving towards characters anyway. There's always at least one I do somewhat like, no matter how shit the thing they're from is. Well ... other than One Piece. Its characters are just as horrible as it is itself.

Attached: 41712849_p0.png (1074x1517, 1.96M)

None of the things you mentioned makes him an interesting character. He earned his bullshit by the means of flashbacks and had he been the main character his training arcs would be an absolute pain in the ass to watch. Being humble is a shit character trait for a mc and being likable is incredibly subjective. How well can character fill the role of the protagonist is solely dependent on what kind of story can you build around him and I struggle to come up with one with Lee that is not boring and shit.

Sorry man I can't help the fact that you just have shit taste

Big 3 in Naruto's era was Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Hownew.ru

Attached: D558C118-8DDA-4B23-BBF5-C5044A4ADF5F.jpg (439x717, 47K)

The best MCs tend to be ones that fit their show's message and themes, and no other character fits Naruto's (initial) themes/message better than Lee.

>Naruto's (initial) themes/message
Good one, user. Haven't had this great a laugh in weeks!

I thought you meant the 3 main Naruto protagonists

Attached: 1554247334119.jpg (300x400, 27K)

rukia is amazing. but not best character in bleach or better than bleach

Attached: WallMight.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

lee is a fucking faggot. No one wants to watch that lame bowl cut queer. you're are the ones with shit taste. Theres a reason lee was a side character.

Attached: 338841.jpg (225x350, 43K)

>no one wants to watch Lee
>Rock Lee v. Sasuke and Rock Lee v. Gaara commonly cited as the only part of early Naruto worth watching
Ok bud

shit taste

Lee didn't land any actual hit

Attached: 1526774257856.gif (500x502, 611K)

DBZ: Piccolo/Vegeta
Naruto: Lee
One Piece: Trafalgar Law
HxH: Leorio/Chrollo/Hisoka
MHA: Mirio
Berserk: Griffith
Jagaaaaaan: Roba-chan
Wolf Guy: Dou Haguro
Shamo: Ryo
NNT: Escanor
Fairy Tail: Midnight
Bleach: Ulquiorra/Zaraki

basically anyone who isn't a student is too good for that manga

Zenitsu > pig slut

Attached: 1545471128504.png (750x1250, 405K)

You just numbered your favorite characters

Attached: Furuichi, the loli king.jpg (1920x1080, 98K)

I wish I could delete E8 from existence

Attached: 1264530002187.jpg (350x466, 95K)

nah. she became bland and boring just like the manga.

not at all

Attached: Platinum_end_pape_2_(should've_been_the_MC).png (1782x1300, 1.21M)

>Fairy Tail: CHADjeel
ftfy

I will never forgive Kishi for teasing Lee vs Neji and never delivering Even though anyone with half a brain would realize Neji had no chance what so ever

Attached: 1544916952527s.jpg (125x95, 2K)

no other character fits Naruto's (initial) themes/message better than Lee
Lee should have been moved over to Naruto's team in Shipuden instead of making a transparent Sauske look-alike and shunting Lee over to a shitty chibi spinoff

That's why you read Vigilante instead

>he didnt like HAPPY HARROOOOOWEEEEEN
Shit taste.

you have to be just as big of a spastic retard as lee to actually want him to be the mc.

>list full of canonic rapists and two rape victims

Who are the rapists and who are the rape victims?

Zenitsu because he managed to place in a character poll made for an entirely separate series.

Who?

I wish I could delete goats from existence

Attached: 1538753541281.png (389x384, 385K)

Rock Lee should have been the protagonist. everybody knows it.

Naruto kept continually looking like a hypocrite every time a new power kept being pulled out of his ass whilst poor Lee kept exemplifying the actual lesson of the entire manga that hard work and effort can over come anything and instead we were treated to a lead character who ended up being the reincarnation of Jesus Christ as per fucking usual.

rapists:

- Piccolo
- Hisoka
- Griffith
- Robo-Chan

raped:

- Vegeta
- Midnight

rock lee is lame though gets his shit rocked all the time even when he used extremely strong techniques that put his body in danger. Hes a dork that gets rejected by everyone. I guess you like him because you can relate

>Piccolo
>Rapist
Those doses did Vegeta good. Repeated usage improved his mood and made him a better person

Attached: Growth.png (491x477, 55K)

Attached: F39.jpg (746x1200, 304K)

his only motivation was he got picked on sometimes and didn't really get respect. pretty fucking lame

Rock Lee could have lived a normal life if he wanted to unlike saskue or naruto. Lee as a protag would be boring af kys virgin.

Attached: 1512220093635.jpg (600x564, 33K)

you're just a sperg retard

ironic coming from someone defending rock lee

Yui Kotegawa and Misumi Rin

Lee, kakashi, and kisame are the only good naruto characters

>calling someone a virgin on Yea Forums

Pretty redundant, don't you think?

Hey, I remember making this thread not long ago! Manga only? Otherwise I'd say pizza-dude from SAO.

>Kisame
Based.

Attached: naruto-1480570[1].jpg (800x1162, 147K)

but he got his own spinoff series

Vegeta was better as a villain with Nappa. He sucks as an anti-hero because the heroes don't take him seriously after Namek.

I personally think Krillin and Piccolo are much better contenders. Krillin can be pretty crafty and stall when Goku's not around

Guy fits that message way better than Lee ever could

The new king of shonen

Attached: KingOfShonen.jpg (960x1619, 233K)

Who is Crunchyroll trying to fool?
Are they not noticing how they embarass themselves by even using that kind of vocabulary?

I'd say a one piece character but they're all terrible

>Disliking Mochi-boy

Attached: image.jpg (930x1280, 503K)

>they're all terrible
Well, to be fair, some of the girls are quite fappable ... when they're drawn by someone who's not Oda, in a style that's not Oda's, with proportions that are not ridiculously exaggerated.
Of course, if we're talking about well-written characters with well-written personalities, that's a different matter altogether. But you can just pretend they have one.

>but they're all terrible
why do you think that user?

for a lot of autistic he "earns" his powers by working out alot.
for others he was the real underdog of the series. Couldnt do Jutsu so he trained in taijutsu and is still a huge force to be reckoned with in the end.
He is pretty much what autistic kids want Deku to be.

>gets shat on by memetobe

>kisame
Based sharkboi

Kingdom sure has its moments.

Dou is the rape God. Also Ryo raped some girls if iirc.

Attached: Winner!.jpg (246x205, 8K)

It was an anime first, but the point stands.

Attached: Hir02 Action Figures.jpg (1208x1424, 923K)

Smoker is ok

>Lee didn't land any actual hit

wearing armor and having the absolute shit beaten out of you still counts as being hit even if the armor doesn't get destroyed in the process

>any

The language of idiots.

Hey, the manga is turning out to be pretty alright in comparison. Not the best thing ever, but it might be able to salvage some things.

Ryo himself was raped in prison.

he also used forbidden techinques that actually hurt his body in the long run while gaara just did the same ole shit he does usually and still won didnt have to do anything special. Lee is trash and gets rejected by everyone only some dork on his level would actually enjoy his character

Everyone gets shat on by memetobe. Even legendary super samurai who is on par with yujiro jobs to him. I really don't get why he's allowed to be so godly yet unassuming.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 321K)

So I've herd, though I'm waiting for it to end before reading. I don't hate the anime as much as other people, but I also don't really want to go through the non-completely happy ending again.

Attached: Hir02 Honeymoon 1.jpg (947x1200, 303K)

Didn't he bit off when they tried to force him and then later he beat the shit out of them? The never penetrated him. At worst he was for

the ending was that predictable type ending. And I think the director chose to do it out of spite. But who his spite was aimed at I dont know. I dont think it was the fans.

>But who his spite was aimed at I dont know.
Himself, probably. Why else would you so deliberately fuck up your own series - and not only at the end, but throughout the whole series in a downwards-spiral?

because that seems too convienent. I think something happened with the studio or the Producers, or something. Because often times when an artist checks out like that is because he or she lost creative control of the project.

Attached: IMG_20190315_005759.jpg (800x776, 173K)

>lost creative control
But was there ever any "creative control"? To me it seemed more like they had a general premise and the characters set up, but no idea where they wanted the story to go. That would explain why they made one dumb decision after another, left some things and even characters undevelopped - and why the pacing was all over the place (sometimes too fast and sometimes lingering on basically nothing for multiple episodes). Why they consistently failed to develop a common theme for the narrative (they did have some character themes, after all). And why the "alien wtist" comes out of nowhere.

well for one he was limited as to how much he could put in because it was a TVseries. 2, after the first part lack of development is probably due to the producers saying "focus on the pretty character" and not on the character so many people identified with. Then the director loses it and just says fuck off to space and be done with it.

i secondo this. Imagine having a manga with a ninja without the fancy illusion/special magic shit they pull out of their asses and instead having to rely only on his taijutsu, having to figure out how best to deal with all that crazy bs his opponents pull. You can still have your edge-lord eye hacks and whatnot, but it being way more interesting how to deal with it as a rather normal human being, instead of "heres magic skill nr 113 i have just unlocked while taking a shit in the woods". i'd have to be tactical as well as you couldn't rely on your strength alone (albeit Lee seems a bit dimwitted, he would have an arc as to figure this shit out, battle by battle).

Attached: cuJQb1l_d.jpg (640x459, 70K)

because of the scene where he took off his hidden weights. Although his mastery of drunken master style also adds to his greatness

Everyone felltiates Lee as being the GOAT, but Kakashi literally said it takes more than hard work to succeed after he lost and said Lee worked him himself so hard that he literally almost destroyed himself.

I know the nostalgia goggles are tight but come on.

>A series in which a hard-working and overly enthusiastic person who lacks many of the flashier abilities of their contemporaries has to figure out ways to use their strength and unique set of skills to win fights
Yeah, if only such a manga existed...
Yes I’m aware Asta’s devil-form is a bit of an asspull, but Lee would do the same thing with his Seven Gates at least once or twice if he had his own series.

Attached: FD5BB2D9-0025-4FF2-839A-24A5CAD80BD9.jpg (640x960, 236K)

>Canonicaly rapists
Dou: Raped one of his gang members. The mastermind behind the Namek rape arc
Griffith: Raped Casca as Femto
Ryo: Raped couple of Women
Roba-chan: Raper alot if girls
Piccolo: Raped Vegeta

>Probably rapists
Law: He gaves "I will rape you look if we were alone" look to women and he makes them cry
Day Escanor: Had a God complex. Probably raped someone to assert dominance.
Hisoka: 100% pedophile who looks to young boys asses.
Leorio: Pervert who pays for sex. He will probably rape in extreme situations
Zaraki: Looks like a rapist

>Canonicaly a rape victim
Vegeta: Raped by Piccolo on daily basis

>Probably a rape victim
Midnight: Young slave boy who looks like a cute girl in an open prison
Chrollo: Young orphan in Meteor City which has alot of criminals
Ulquiorra: He kind hated because he was white
Lee: Probably raped by Guy in their training.

Lee is shit

>Lee is shit
So what? He's not as shit as Naruto (neither the character nor the series). And that's what this whole thread's about.

Better than Giorno

Attached: Bucciarati_Bluray.png (350x487, 216K)

Naruto turned to utter trash, especially at the end. But Rock Lee v Gaara is still among the very best of all anime fights.

New record for most absolute trash taste I've seen on this board.

He is worse than Naruto lol

>falling for a bait this obvious

>MHA: Mirio
we could have had a manga revolving around him trying to be a hero with a seemingly horrible quirk. Instead we got a retarded version of superman.

You're either not serious ... or you're actually a fan of that Naruto shit. In which case you cannot be taken seriously either.

Why are Leefags so delusional and desperate?

Trying to bait in a bait thread. I'm replying to bait because I'm a gay fish.

Someone likes something popular. It’s shit taste all cause I’m an edgy fag with the best taste. Did I also mention I’ve never watched game of thrones I wish that was also true for Narito

poor Tayuya
never even had a chance

Attached: 1537183952125.png (1899x1100, 2.14M)

>never even had a chance
Not with an author like Kishimoto. Any somewhat competent writer would have built on all that potential she had, given her some greater themes, a character arc, plot relevance.
Well, she could have had it worse. Look at what happened to Anko.

Attached: 34304423_p0.jpg (970x1132, 854K)

Attached: judeau.jpg (253x336, 50K)

The only pirate in a pirate based series.

Attached: BB2.png (409x459, 163K)

utena a stupid ideal-betraying bitch

Attached: juri.jpg (663x481, 65K)

Can't it include Guy ?

>Ulquiorra: He kind hated because he was white
He murdered all the Hollows who tried to attack him (because he was white) so he was far from a rape victim. In fact he tried to fuck with Orihime during her captivity, so he belongs on the other category.

This and Law

OP, why put a picture of Lee? He's literally the biggest failure in the show. Dude just takes an L after an L. He's a disgrace to his mentor.

>A failure of a ninja
>A failure of a mentor
How can one guy have such weird taste?

Don't forget captain Kidd

Attached: E19.png (205x269, 44K)