What went wrong

Attached: ff13e09d-ab18-4e63-85be-209929d0da50.jpg (512x512, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0107061/fullcredits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>OVA
imdb.com/title/tt0107061/fullcredits

Not much. It's easily the best Hollywood adaption of an anime, which isn't saying much.

The only downsides were the awful dialogue, terrible casting of the love interest, and cliffhanger ending for a sequel that's never coming.

Everything else was on point.

Nothing.

>What went wrong

What do you mean? It went absolutely right.

Attached: image.jpg (553x555, 26K)

Almost nothing. Her relationship with Yugo was given too much screen time but that's it.

Why don't you think it's ever coming?

>live action
It was doomed from the start.

I guess if I have to nitpick one thing, there was something very wrong.

Nova wasn't holding any flan.

It was good for a Hollywood attempt. Making Nova out as some super sekrit mastermind felt meh

You're not posting this garbage on Yea Forums where it belongs.

it's flopped

I dont know I dont watch gaijin movies
Series should have ended with the original ending even if it was rushed, last order was a mistake

guys, watch her movie, right? watch her movie

Never, Id die before watching a murrican adaptation of something japanese
I bet you watch amerizilla too, fucking gross

I downloaded a camrip just to instantly delete it. How's that, you Yea Forums fuck?

It was made.

nono you have to watch the movie because she's so cute, right? look how cute she is, this movie is so good, Yea Forums btfo right?

Honestly realistic CG cant be cute, the big eyes just make her look like a frog.

Stuffing a bit too much material into a 2 hour movie, leading to some scenes being exposition dumps instead of character building. Apart from that it was surprisingly good.

Can someone remind me why in the end Chiren was shown having a brain? I thought she was from Zalem and the big twist was that people from there have a chip instead of a brain. Is this a plot hole or did I miss something? It's been nearly 20 years since I read the manga.

That bitch was never in the manga

Pretty much everything: the plot is awkward, the pacing awful and most scenes forced to say the least.
The acting is good but not even Christoph Waltz can turn shit into chocolate if all his lines are pure crap.
Last but not least Alita's eyes make me cry blood, and serve no purpose at all.
The only good note is that the graphic itself is good, just like the action scenes.

I want to but still no blurays

Attached: 1543446809874.jpg (554x640, 210K)

Gaijin

Americans and their desire to exterminate foreign culture by forcing a "the original was shit we improved everything" on every aspect of it.

Tried to cram volumes of story in a two hour movie, meaning the characters where less human beings and more exposition machines.

>It’s easily the best Hollywood adaption of an anime

Excuse me?

Attached: 9E0CED60-F772-48EF-8411-72AA17E304DD.jpg (1000x1481, 448K)

not anime

>of an anime
LN >manga

I respectfully disagree

Attached: speed-racer.jpg (1000x1426, 1.18M)

>what went wrong
Cringe

>racing

Attached: 1552500136820.jpg (642x640, 127K)

That's not really an adaptation, more like a 90% rewrite with some similarities.
Not saying it's bad, on the contrary, just that it has very little to do with All you need is kill besides basic premise.

The eyes mostly, I knew heaps of people that refused to watch it because of the eyes.

But I bet you were fine watching Mary and the witches flower, a jap adaption of an European book.

I want weeaboos to leave Yea Forums

>You're not posting this garbage on Yea Forums where it belongs.
You may hate it, but as mods said before, it is valid to post this here since its related to an anime show

Fuck off and die

Don't blame me, blame those who make the rules

NO U
newfag

>Hollywood doesn't know how to make a movie that doesn't need to make at least half a billion dollars to break even
>Uncanny Valley: The Movie
>dogshit marketing
>nobody wanted this

Hollywood really knocked this out of the park, lads.

Which is why it worked. The makers of EoT just discovered the secret to a successful adaptation.

What the fuck why does Yea Forums still have an Alita general?

I think the worst part is all the newfaggots that think there was an Alita anime.

No, two 30 minute OVAs don't count.

>Not liking speed racer

Attached: 154384317877.jpg (225x225, 7K)

But this was godawful trash. If this is the best murricunts can do, I'm not impressed.

Let's be honest here, it's not like the source material was particularly good either.

they're into 3dpd, no taste

>But this was godawful trash.
That's just your shit taste speaking.

>liking speed racer's murrican adaptation
You must be 18 years old or older to post in this site

Funny coming from someone who was still in diapers when Speed Racer was in theaters.

>n-no u
nice try kid, come again when you're older

>it's flopped

it made a profit. The only people who hated it were sjws and hollywood.

>gets called out
>"b-better c-call him kid!"
Come back when your balls drop.

I need everybody talking about this movie to fuck off

>Not much. It's easily the best Hollywood adaption of an anime
That's Speed Racer pleb.

Speed Racer is childish and silly, yes, but it's it's also wholeheartedly, unironically fun

Or are you afraid of enjoying things just because they appear childish?

>it made a profit.
No, it flopped, there will be no sequel. Screencap this if you wish

>If this is the best murricunts can do, I'm not impressed.
I mean, we're talking about live-action Hollywood adaptations of Japanese stuff. The best they can do is gonna be terrible (not like Japan live-action is much better)

Rurouni Kenshin

>but it's it's also wholeheartedly, unironically fun
the tv anime? yes
hollywood's live action adaptation? no

Live action and 3DCG cancer. It doesn't do justice to the 2D manga style.

Very strong exception to the rule

I think at this point it's just waifufaggotry.
Live action alita really was Yea Forums I suppose.

no

They went insane over it needing to be a success and it just never went away. They're no different than Zach Snyder cultists now

>/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General: Katawa Shoujo General #3630

Alita is cute and I hope it gets a sequel.

I didn't like the Damascus Blade replacement.
Making her have skin on her neck was stupid, she was much cuter with the cyborg parts up to her jawline
The googly eyes were a mistake, unnecessary and turned people off from going to see it.
Hmm, I thought the "stand by in the face of evil" line was idiotically corny and out of character. Killing Vector at the end was also odd, but they could bullshit bringing him back easily.
I think that's about it? Most of it is nitpicks, it was a very decent adaptation for material I wouldn't have thought would work out in live action.

Attached: Gunm_1372377355360.jpg (992x910, 94K)

murica

>what went wrong
white people

Gunnm was always shit.

I liked it quite a bit.
It was my gateway to anime actually.
I've been browsing this board ever since I saw it, and so far no one called me out as a newfag.
On the contrary, the fact that I hold anime by the standard of movies make my taste one of the most refined on this board.

It tried. I won't say it didn't. It tried, but really, in trying it missed the mark by a margin I don't think any adaptation will meet. Considering how good Edge of Tomorrow and Rurouni Kenshin were in live-action, I went in expecting something good. I didn't get anything good. The whole damn thing felt like a cosplay skit.

>they lost count
>twice

You are a faggot and are going to fit right in around here I can tell.

It was pretty good, tbqh.