Senryuu shoujo

>write a normal ass sentence
>break into 3 parts
What is this meme poetry? I thought poetry involves creative use of language, wild imagination, insane sentence structures and complex metrics. Are nips bad at poetry or is it their language that is bad for poetry? Cause all they do is count syllables and break the normal sentences.

Attached: what.jpg (1126x634, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avadhanam).
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avadhanam
youtu.be/DyLdo_Uw18M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I thought poetry involves creative use of language, wild imagination, insane sentence structures and complex metrics
This is not Nanako's aim, she's an autist who uses senryuu to voice her thoughts because she literally doesn't speak. How can you miss this obvious point of the show?
And her poetry is beautiful anyway you monster.

I agree with you.
I think Japanese poetry
Are really awful.

>How can you miss this obvious point of the show?
I didn't miss that at all. My problem is her poetry sucks. She could just write what she wants to tell on paper instead of limiting herself to meme meter since she can't into poetry. In ep 1 all three club members try to write poetry but just end up breaking normal sentence into three parts.
>her poetry is beautiful
If you could call that poetry

She is an autist.
Sadly can't be helped user.
Just roll with her shit.

Dude, did you not know
that haikus are really gay?
Refrigerator

She's just communicating normally using senryuu the point isn't to have "amazing poetry" the point is to communicate normal ass shit

OP is just a fucking retard

Attached: 14515.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>comprehension skills : zero
As expected from frogposter

>is it their language that is bad for poetry?
The Japanese language is not well suited to European styles of poetry. Likewise, the Japanese styles of poetry, built around arrangements of numbers syllables/characters while having some kind of meaning, don't look right to native speakers of European languages.

Different languages work differently, so they have different kinds of poetry. If you can't deal with that, just go watch something else.

>She could just write what she wants to tell on paper instead of limiting herself to meme meter since she can't into poetry
You did miss the point! And anyway, they're in high school. This is just one of the many high school comedies with X gimmick, therefore the gimmick is going to center around the typical things you would have in this genre.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Senryuu Shoujo - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_03.02_[2019.04.16_18.35.48].jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

川柳 are not poems. They follow a poetic structure that doesn't exist in English, but the main goal is to be comedic.

It's like whining that improv comedy isn't as funny as stand-up, where acts can take years to write and are constantly refined. You're comparing 2 completely different disciplines.

Plus, you know, you're an EOP, so obviously you're not going to get it. English haikus are a pale, pale imitation.

Tbh I am not at all familiar with European poetry cause I don't speak any European language except English and even then it's not my first language

>川柳 are not poems. They follow a poetic structure that doesn't exist in English, but the main goal is to be comedic.
I didn't find any of the senryuu in this anime to be funny and I am saying this as someone who can comprehend Japanese with my ears. I don't understand why limit yourself to this meter if the end goal is to say something comedic in normal way that rhymes in lame way. It feels autistic as fuck to break some normal ass sentence into three parts for lame reasons.

Then fucking limit words in some other way. This seems weird that someone becomes more articulate when bound with syllable limitations.

Please be patient.

>It feels autistic as fuck to break some normal ass sentence into three parts for lame reasons
What do you think Nanako is?

Cute?

Attached: 1543666213860.png (1280x720, 598K)

>Tbh I am not at all familiar with European poetry cause I don't speak any European language except English and even then it's not my first language
Then you should probably shut the fuck up about poetry.
>>川柳 are not poems. They follow a poetic structure that doesn't exist in English, but the main goal is to be comedic.
>I didn't find any of the senryuu in this anime to be funny and I am saying this as someone who can comprehend Japanese with my ears. I don't understand why limit yourself to this meter if the end goal is to say something comedic in normal way that rhymes in lame way. It feels autistic as fuck to break some normal ass sentence into three parts for lame reasons.
The idea isn't so much the poems themselves being funny, but the situation; the ridiculousness of people communicating only using this form of poetry. Like a character in an English show who only communicates in limericks, doesn't matter if the limericks are funny or not, the character is funny for only speaking in them.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Senryuu Shoujo - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.17_[2019.04.13_04.48.47].jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

>Then you should probably shut the fuck up about poetry.
Woah stop with your racism now, bozo. I don't even understand what's this supposed to mean.

Forgot to add. so you agree that senryuu is fucking retarded and they are only funny in this anime because of autists using it in weird situations.

Could be much, much worse
Modern English "poetry"
Makes up their own words

I don't even have any idea what race you are. The point I'm making is that if you are unfamiliar with any European forms of poetry, you're in no place to compare Japanese poetry to European poetry, favourably or unfavourably.

No. It's a perfectly fine form of poetry, and whether they are normally funny or not is irrelevant.

>you're in no place to compare Japanese poetry to European poetry, favourably or unfavourably.
But I'm not tho. You think only European poetry is
>creative use of language, wild imagination, insane sentence structures and complex metrics.

Not any worse than limericks mate.

OP you faggot
Senryuu is very nice
Vigourous penis

Attached: 8cca6c7a3b3e3ab68514160088c9f04cf5b8e6c9_34635_414_518.jpg (414x518, 35K)

Well European (and pretty specifically English) and Japanese poetry are the only kinds I have any kind of knowledge of. What's your native language, what kind of creative use of language, wild imagination, insane sentence structure or complex metrics are represented in its poetry?

>Well European (and pretty specifically English) and Japanese poetry are the only kinds I have any kind of knowledge of.
I can understand. Most people aren't familiar with anything other than east asian and western stuff.
>What's your native language
Fucking NO bro. I am not in mood for racist remarks.

>wah wah rhymes are stupid because all they do is match the last syllable

that's what you sound like

You sound like you are fan of shitty rap songs

>Fucking NO bro. I am not in mood for racist remarks.
I'm not going to make any, dude. Some are going to give you shit for not being a native English speaker, but there's no avoiding that no mater what you do. But I fucking hate racism. But I guess I can't blame you for expecting to cop that here.

I had sanskrit, classical telugu and tamil literature in mind. Ok, here I steel myself for poo in the loo memes and generalization of India as one poo culture.

I love the part where a person's argument gets completely thrashed and they come back with a nonsensical dismissive 'i'm still right though!' to try to save face. That's real poetry.

Okay, I've got absolutely zero familiarity with any of those languages. What kind of poetry do they have, how much flexibility do the languages have generally?

Asking what your native language is isn't racism though? Get that chip off your shoulder mate.

all I said is she is bad at poetry and you pathetically defended that saying that she doesn't want to make a poem and just wants to communicate. For which, I said it's autistic to use poetry meter for that and she is indeed coming off as autistic retard by breaking a sentence into 3 parts. There's nothing 'i'm still right though!' in this brainlet convo.

user is ignorant
He shows this online
So sad

Unless it's dumb modern art poetry where the "art" is leaving the meaning up to the reader I don't see what's wrong with that

Sasuga frogposter

Not even sanskrit? I thought that one had international exposure. I mostly read telugu literature so I'll just talk about that for now. Literary dialect of telugu is probably the most flexible language I've ever seen thanks to it being agglutinative, flexible as fuck word order, and influence from sanskrit(which proved to be double edged sword) that helped to realize its potential. So it became a really good language to play with words next to sanskrit and that's why avadhaanam art is revitalized by telugu poets(en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avadhanam). So you see some insane shit by poets like poem having different reading orders and each order telling different viewpoints, shit that rhymes like crazy without losing meaning.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avadhanam
Here's the unfucked link

>meme poetry
well that's a new one

youtu.be/DyLdo_Uw18M
Also I don't hate all meme poetry

>Not even sanskrit? I thought that one had international exposure.
Well I mean I've heard of it, but was never taught any of it or had any exposure to it or reason to research it myself. Same with Tamil. When I was in school, it was still basically standard for the second language you're taught to be French.

Anyway. It sounds like the literature/poetry you're talking about is vaguely similar to what you can get in English, but a lot more complex. It's the flexibility of the language that allows this.

So that brings us back to Japanese and their poetry: the language is a lot less complex generally (aside from needing to memorise several thousand characters to read and write it), and sentence structure follows a much more fixed form. Also, because of the way the writing system works, there's less variety in syllables a word can end with, so rhyming forms have historically been seen as too easy. So basically what's left is arranging words into a number of lines by syllable or character, but still mean something and have some beauty. I know that sounds like it's easy, but only because we're used to languages where you can play with sentence structure a lot.

Of course, what we've got in this anime is not poems carefully constructed for their meaning and beauty, but we don't watch anime for high art.

I
Love
Haiku
And
Fakku
You

lol, a fucking anglo nigger complaining about poetry, that's rich. Half of your culture's so called poetry doesn't even rhyme, and most of it isn't even in any meter at all (!), but you still call it poetry for some reason. Senryuu is not much worse than what passes for poetry in English, and in fact it's better because it at least has some structure to it.

>Be OP
>Be a faggot
>Get meme replies

Attached: 1316448929743.jpg (600x977, 194K)

Early anime was pretty rough.

>mangapanda

2D > CGI

I know this is a meme chart, but not all Ukiyo art looked like that.

Attached: 3C905F14-F900-4978-95EC-7DFC841C41BC.jpg (381x250, 28K)

I’m a retard for posting a thumbnail.

Attached: 08DE5C0D-913A-4D50-BBFE-CF1362D2E5F1.jpg (799x532, 133K)

>woodprints vs oil paintings
Oh okay buddy really meaningful comparison there

Poetry aside, senryuu is actually a pretty good way to tell a joke.

>English “poem”

Attached: DD011069-EFFE-44B5-A5C1-D51B55A45C54.jpg (500x467, 12K)

Posting in epic bread.

Attached: 1555176439577.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

I got that from here
Somebody else posted it
It's pretty cute though

This is the worst thread
About Senryuu Shoujo
I have ever seen.

Tumblr ruined English poetry. Those faggots don't even try to rhyme, and they popularized this lazy style.