A Modest Opinion on the End of Evangelion

Tell me why The End of Evangelion was not a spiteful service to a toxic fanbase. A fanbase that refused to accept the creator's ending, which was essentially telling them to grow up and take responsibility for themselves. They hounded him with death threats until he redid the ending. And when he did, he laced it with a covert undertone of INCEL! Knowing that the toxic fans he was making it for were too stupid to know that he was shitting on them AND giving them what they want at the same time.

Attached: inchell.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/187110967/
wiki.evageeks.org/End_of_Evangelion_Death_Threats
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP is once again a faggot

You're reading too much into it. Eva always was just a story about giant robots and tight teens in skin-tight suits. It's a meme anime with no substance.

Attached: Anno_fun_things_are_fun.jpg (1111x1750, 319K)

>giant robots
evas are not robots

>shows image of Anno barely giving two shits
>durr hurr that no robot
Take the stick out of your ass

You are not wrong. However, the fact that the show itself is aware of this means it is exactly what it is supposed to be. The original series ending took all the characters and basically threw them into a typical weeby highschool anime universe parodying itself and anime stereotypes in general. I think the self awareness makes it timeless.

Looks like a robot, sounds like a robot, walks like a robot, beep boop robot.

>biomechs aren't a thing

It was a spiteful service to toxic fans. I'm not going to argue with you there. Its pretty damn obvious to anyone who actually watched the show.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/187110967/

hallelujah

Attached: endinggif.gif (240x180, 2.6M)

This idiot was on the exact same tirade last night, the proof is right here.
Do not engage him.

I liked the original ending more, though I don't agree with OP

Yeah. Thanks. I missed a lot of that before it got 404'd. Anyway. I don't feel sufficiently convinced otherwise. Honestly, that whole experience left me feeling more confident in my perspective.

Attached: minutescene.jpg (1920x1080, 152K)

>toxic
>incel
Go back to Facebook or just straight up kill yourself you stupid fucking normalfag.

Attached: 1553743329664.jpg (331x424, 69K)

honestly. I've only recently adopted those words. I've previously HATED the word incel bcuz it is man-shaming. However, this concept of an "incel mentality" is definitely a real thing. It can be characterized by hating one's father, clinging to their mother, and blaming others, particularly women for their problems. Tell me how that is not Shinji throughout the Ending of Evangelion movie. hm?

Attached: incel.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

>INCEL
how broken do you have to be to see that when watching eva?

ngl the congratulations helped me through some rough times

Watch the End of Eva again. Please explain the sequence at about 1:10:47. Where for almost a minute we hear nothing but women's voices telling off a man, stranger, and/or ex-lover.

It was the correct ending for people who want to grow up, stop hating their father, and take responsibility for themselves and their lives. It's fucking crazy, but Neon Genesis Evangelion may as well be a coming of age story for Shinji getting over depression.

The scene where Shinji jerked it to Asuka in a coma was certainly a fuck you from Anno. He was like "hey, look how retarded you're acting over a fictional 2D girl". EoE in general was in the wrong direction.

The final scene in the movie finishes off his grand misery by having Asuka shame him for it. After instrumentality, she now knows all about his sex offense(as even mentioned during the crazy parts), so the movie finishes with her saying, "how disgusting".

Essentially, the voice actress's response when asked how she would feel if someone broke into her room at night and masturbated over her. Just like Shinji did.

I honestly fastforwarded thru the last 3 episodes.

I thought it was just a quick flashback/monologue thing... then it lasted the whole episode.

They built up a storyline about angels and all that shit to end it with some emotional emo bullshit? No fuck that i only watched it to see mechs fight things weekly.

Attached: 1533348107648.png (322x395, 197K)

I always describe it as a show about dealing with depression. Also there's mechs.

But the thing is it focuses on mechs and all of that .

Basically it is Mechs with some middle school tier nietz bullshit that then decided to go full avant garde

>still going at it
your shitpost got boring mate

>No fuck that i only watched it to see mechs fight things weekly.
There are hundreds of series where you can go do that. Though most mecha series have some semblance of character arcs or interactions.

The whole thing is much more cohesive though if you follow the theme of realationships and depression throughout the entire show. It's not always front and center like the monster fights buts its always there running in the background. And it most certainly leads into the last two episodes of the show or the movie if you come at it with this in mind.

bump

bump

Why? This is a shit thread about a shit anime.

bcuz is it being released on netflix in June.

Attached: shinji.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

EoE had multiple letters in it that said how much the original ending touched them.
Why would he include these in his supposed "fuck you" product to the public?
wiki.evageeks.org/End_of_Evangelion_Death_Threats

Doubtful since Anno most certainly have masturbated to 2D girls before.
He has even animated hentai.