If you could describe the 2010s anime in one word or a sentence what would it be?

if you could describe the 2010s anime in one word or a sentence what would it be?

for me it's the best decade yet.
maybe i'm a little bit biased since i started watching anime in 2012

Attached: 2010s.jpg (272x272, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bSMCDAWPUrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ass

well you're not completely wrong user

Attached: 1555322514080.jpg (1280x1805, 1.57M)

Oh boy, this show again

Attached: DwlZGUxUwAALzHz.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

>"I hope they don't use too much CGI in this show"

The decade anime went mainstream in the west.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I don't think it can be argued. While there's lots of obscure anime still and most older generations still don't watch much, pretty much every millenial has at least heard of and probably seen a few of the popular shows from the past five years. Attack on Titan, Fate/Zero, and others are widely recognized.

Absolute garbage

agree
i think the only place on the internet that still thinks anime is some kind of secret club is Yea Forums

it is. go beyond the essential 50 to 100 shows and no one will know what you're talking about.

but do you compare it to say... 10 years ago?

dark ages

I remember each year I first saw a series, here's mine

Attached: animetimeline.jpg (2500x6673, 3.54M)

10 years ago the internet hadn't gone to complete shit and everyone into anime torrented everything, streamed if they were plebs, or watched it on tv channels like toonami if they were normalfags. it was basically around the time megaupload was at its peak. it wasn't as easy to get into back then but people who knew anime definitely could name off much more obscure shows than the average fan can now.

wtf happened in 2010 and 2013?
also i'm noticing that you stared watching less and less why?

Trash

and now we go back to square one in which it indeed anime is somewhat mainstream in the west and the average fan can name 50 or even 100 shows

less stuff that interests me out

>2012
What about when you were a kid?

what's your point? i never argued that anime was more mainstream in the past. the average fan 10 years just had a deeper pool of shows they were familiar with that the average fan now doesn't. 10 years ago if you knew someone was into anime and you brought up some less popular show that person was more likely to recognize. these days it's pointless to talk about less popular anime with people irl since they literally don't know shit.

Attached: 1542120605610.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Anime about anime

MADOKA

>otakus killing anime
2020's
>the West saving anime

Variety.

Attached: 1528379671139.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

Probably "brief" or maybe "lacking". After 2014 nothing really seems all that notable as far as anime goes, even though that's the majority of the decade.

Other than 2011, it's been filled with a lot of shows I thought were shit.

Isekai

Attached: Isekai Maou.jpg (800x1134, 728K)

Excellent
Every year at least 3-4 great titles came out that and the overall quality of the past 2 years has been way above average. 2018 specifically was probably the best year of my watching experience.

Mainstream (for both Japan and western world)

pandering shit with flecks of gold.

THIS

Lackluster
Especially after the perfect storm of great anime that came out of the last years of the '00s

>verify until none are left captcha
Time to stop posting. Goodnight Yea Forums

I watch anime since I was 5, sorry

Fun things are fun here is the best franchise this decade could offer
youtube.com/watch?v=bSMCDAWPUrs

yuribait but I still love it

Your taste is shit and is no indication of anything at all

>if you could describe the 2010s anime in one word or a sentence what would it be?

Noses are disappearing.

>pre-2015
>good with only a handful of objectively awful shows per season
>post-2015
>90% of every season is isekai and the remaining 10% is CGDCTs
what the fuck happened

Attached: 1555059175409.jpg (250x250, 15K)

I remember when people said anime died with the transition to digital.
In 10 years people will look back and complain how the anime made in 2029 is so much worse than the great decade of 10s.

irredeemable

Is this a joke?

As far as series' go: excellent
As far as movies go: good

Nothing can compare to the 2000s, so there's that. The 10s still have a lot of very good movies and shorts, many of which flew under the general publics radar. Given how Yea Forums consists of shiteaters who hardly watch films, most don't even seem to be aware of the format's existence. Variety, execution and peak visual quality, narrative consistency and thematic presentation of TV shows danced circles around 70s-90s but, as stated beforehand, can't keep up with the 00s. All thing considered the decade was very good, just so happens that it lost steam towards the end. 2018 was abysmal and 2019 is shaping up to be just as terrible. Average was terrible, but that's irrelevant.

2019 has a lot of potentail in the movie department, though. Kaijuu no Kodomo might turn out to be the best looking movie of the past 20 years, Shinkai and Yuasa release another flick each, Black Fox, Promare and maybe well even get another Nahoko Uehashi adaptation in form of Shika no Ou, albeit that's probably 2020 or even later. If you say that the 10s were shit, then you simply hate animation. That's really all there is to it.

Attached: 1542208450618.png (1599x900, 2.28M)

>only 134 anime
Watch another 67 before posting minimum. More if you want to have a worthwhile opinion.

more shonen shit isn't going to make him any less retarded
>keeping count
autism

The years that unironically saved anime through making it mainstream and marketable to them as well.

>one word
Blurry.

>sentence
Where are all the classics?

I watched all of Gintama. Am I allowed, user?

>watching one huge show over several smaller shows
Never gonna make it.

n-no I've seen other shoes
I watched Gochiusa recently, and just finished Gabriel Dropout this weekend.

>only watching shows that brgin with the letter G
N
G
M
I

Huh, I didn't even notice that.

I just tried to watch Vivid Strike for that one scene against the bullies, and the rest of it was shit.

Should I pick up Gundamu next, user?

2010s sure peaked early with Madoka Magica in 2011.
I'm not saying it was the best show by far, but it seems to be the top success story that many other series after it tried to copy.

Everyone knows Steins;Gate won that war in 2011.

Feels like everyone started getting use to all the new tech, and for the most part got better at it. Though when they go cheap it really shows.

You watch a lot of pre-90's stuff? I like Gundam but it's tough for a lot of new fans.

>if you could describe the 2010s anime in one word or a sentence what would it be?
DUDE CG LMAO

Weak shit. I watched 105 anime last year. 32 seasonal shows/movies. 73 older shows/movies/OVAs.

You have the most basic taste imaginable.

Attached: 2018.jpg (5187x1920, 925K)

Your list is fairly basic too bucko.

What sort of tracking device is this?

Are you showing off your power level? 105 in 1 year? Ha. Well I'm far beyond the anime backlog time. All there is left that I'm interested in is seasonal airing. Only backlog is light novels and manga and I'm already sitting waiting on releases for various series. Come at me you complete beginner.

t. has likely seen 3000 seasonal shit anime and hentai OVAs, aka is about as experience as someone who has seen 250 anime in total

>Calls out someone for weak shit

Look whos talking.

I still have almost 700 shows in my backlog, I've downloaded everything I think I'll ever want to watch. It's just a matter of whether or not I'll actually be able to watch it all. I'm already behind where I was last year because I'm a bit busier.

Anime.

I need the damn source.

i don't get this , what's so bad about digital ? i

I can guarentee you haven't seen everythingn worthwhile in the back catalogue. Fuck off seasonalnigger.

Anime production values and aesthetic DID die with the proliferation of digital. The only difference is that despite that the 00's consistently delivered classics that could move beyond their abysmal aesthetics. Now the 10's are prettier but have no great shows.

Google image search is a thing.

Always amusing to spot newfags who don't have the slightest grasp of proper visual directing, animation, aesthetics (or anything for that matter) comment on how things have gotten worse with digital. Embarrassing, really. Digital quite literally saved TV production values. Nothing from the pre-2000s comes even remotely close to the animation of, and sheer amounts of skill required to create, shows a la Dennou Coil or IM@S. Mononoke and Texh are more aesthetically and artistically coherent than anything from the cel-era. Digital turned TV animation into something that's actually worth watching.

Aw how cute. Little rookie seething he isn't in big boy land yet. In another 10 years you might possibly maybe probably not join my ranks.

>9 in the 90s and 9 in the 00s
absolutely shit taste

The average mainstream fan could probably name some 10-20 shows tho.

>digital turned TV animation into something actually worth watching

And he calls ME the newfag. Guess what idiot, animation quality isn't the be all end all of aesthetics. Anime style was about camera composition, character designs and textured colors and shading, not fluidity. Sakugafags are cancer.

Nobody is buying it buddy. Admitting you only watch seasonal anime makes you a faggot.

AO cope

>deflecting to alternate media
Not relevant. There are more relevant and good anime that you HAVE NOT seen. You either have shit closeminded taste or you are a lying seasonalnigger.

>and shading
>literally the most worthless part of visual directing and character visualization
>used amaterusihly in 99.9% of all pre-2000s anime with no actual meaning to hard- or soft shadows, essentially used at random and generally absent in most TV shows anyway

Sorry, mongrel. Production values very much describe animation and acoustics and the pre-2000s can't even hold a candle to the digital era in either regard. Frane composition during pre-2000s works was amateurish as well, especially in OVAs and TV anime, for the same reason the lightning was. Bunch of a children playing with tools they have no understanding of. Shows like Fuujin Monogatari integrate thier respective themes better into the shows visual presentation AND character designs than anything cel. It's time to stop being a borderline illiterate philistine and actually watch some TV anime. You should have plenty of time to do so, given how your circlejerk thread isn't up right now.

And yes, you are the personification of the term "newfag". An ignorant retard who thinks that MUH 80S SHADING has any artistic merit or, god forbid, meaning. Modern TV anime even utilize shading better than cel OVAs and especially TV shows did. You simply don't notice because 1) you don't watch anime and 2) people aren't dumb enough to slap hard shadows on everything anymore.

>he thinks visual direction is only about sakuga

EXTREME shit taste. Bet you don't see the value in still composition in silent films or anything pre 1980's because your ADD brain needs camera movement waggling around like a toddler. If all you care about is technical animation quality you should stick to 40's Yea Forums and leave. Anime has historically been about overcoming the obstacle of budgetary constraints and the shift away from that has OBJECTIVELY transformed the anime aesthetic defined from 1962 all the way until the mid 00's. You are talking like the Yea Forums only shitters of yesteryear and you are the newfag cancer.

Comfort

>80% of anime history was children playing with tools they don't understand

Yeah you really come across as someone who loves anime and not a bandwagon faggot. Nice take.

>Bet you don't see the value in still composition
>he actually is illiterate
Ouch.
>this one's illiterate, too
Wow, do you people multiply at will? Or do you choose to conveniently ignore the fact that I am addressing TV anime and OVAs, not addressing one particular format on purpose?

Decade of fat girls.

Attached: BEB03B98-9FCF-4264-9C49-A59EF904EB32.png (1058x1500, 727K)

>o-only movies count!
Does not change your absolutely abysmal opinions, nor does it negate the fact that you are a nuanime fan that is spouting the rhetoric of Yea Forumsfags of yesteryear. You don't really like anime as a whole, you just like one specific, relatively new subsection of anime because all you care about is fluidity and framecount. If you can't look at a Dezaki show and appreciate the directorial choices there then you have shit tastes in aesthetics. If you can't appreciate Sherlock Hound or Dirty Pair, you have shit taste. If you see Gunbuster and Daicon IV as "kids playing in a sandbox" you are a fucking mental infant beneath notice. Fuck off and stop spouting your newfaggot opinion like it means anything to actual fans of Japanese animation.

What do you think of shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion or Kare Kano? Or fucking Bebop? Or Macross Plus? Escaflowne? Sailor Moon?

What a bizarre take, and to be so adamant about not being a newfag too?

Are not wrong. I don’t remember fat girls being popular until now

Sucks to be you since one of Dezaki's shows is part of my favourites.
>Sherlock Hound
>Dirty Pair
>Daicon
>good visual directing
Am I being trolled right now? And here I thought you only liked them because they're "fun", that's what you always tell people in 3x3 threads. Now you're suddenly pretending for them to be anything but bargin bin shows in the directional department? Daicon is quite literally nothing but a techdemo littered with homages and stolen designs that barely even has an artistic vision bar LOLSORANDUM OPENER FOR OUR OTAKU FEST LUK HOW VERSATILE. Sherlock Hound is not much better in that regard. It's Miyazaki jerking off to his skills as an animator for the first 12 or so episodes while essentially doing nothing special, as usual. We get it, you have a hardon for pastel and lush color palettes, but that doesn't make it special.

Unlike you, other people don't think in black and white. They can like animation from the 20s all the way to the 10s. I mean, I get it. The only pre-2000s TV shows/OVAs you've ever seen are the ones on very condensed rec charts. Unfortunately those don't account for the bulk that was produced. Next to Escaflowne, '96 had another 35 TV anime, (almost) none of which you'll likely have seen.

>started watching in 2012

What a faggot, I started watching in 96'

>catalogue
Laughs
What a newfag

>condensed recommendation fallacy

The best of the best of older anime > the best of the best of modern anime

The worst of the worst of older anime > the worst of the worst of modern anime

The average older anime > the average modern anime (especially now with 10x the anime being produced)

I don't have to address you further, calling out the shows you have has cemented your taste as completely shit, which is far worse than simply being ignorant. Nowhere did I say I don't have shows I like from the digital age, my favorite anime of all time is a digital show.

Next time you want to "dab on the toonami niggers epic style" how about you approach the topic genuinely instead of shitting on 80% of the history of Japanese animation and approach the topic like an adult. I will not pursue this conversation further as you have made it perfectly clear you are incapable of appreciating the artistry of older anime when you stoop as low as shitting on Daicon IV. Good luck.

>artistry of older anime
>Daicon IV
Yikes. That one hurt even more than what you started off with. Now hush hush, actually watch some 80s TV anime, rec chart baby. You'd be surprised how low animation can sink.

Why does nobody talk about Dead Leaves that OVA was fucking amazing

Attached: images (33).jpg (701x438, 68K)

This.

It's in that weird spot where it doesn't help Gainax fanboys or Triggerniggers so only anime fans discuss it.

>The decade anime went mainstream in the west
That's not the 2000s though.

below average or subpar. There is been a few good ones but most of 2010´s anime is just shit in aesthetic therms and derivative or simplistic narration and plot wise. Such a mediocre decade...

But who would like to join you faggot ?

Even 00's jank had better schlock. The 10's is just safe boring crap. Nothing is worse than mediocre.

>word
Obscure
>sentence
A lot better than people think, cause the good stuff is buried under a lot of trash

I wish we still had chartfags because i've been here the whole decade and I have no fucking idea what you are talking about and I know asking for recs gets you laughed out of Yea Forums.

This one was made by a sakugafag, but it's decent I guess.

Attached: 2010s_5.jpg (1836x3405, 2.12M)

WORST