Battle Angel Alita

Probably gonna be a lot of spoilers for the original manga in here. Just finished the first book/series/whatever, should I read Last Order? Also, tell me if I've gotten this right

>By the point Alita gets exploded by the doll bomb the author is really sick and worries he's gonna die
>Everything in the original manga past that was him rushing to finish before he kicked the bucket
>Finishes manga, doesn't die
>Makes a sequel manga, Last Order, that takes place immediately after Alita gets blown up by the explosive baby in order to tell the REAL story he had planned now that he knows he isn't about to drop dead.

Attached: 51aAm32ywvL.jpg (350x500, 52K)

There's a general on Yea Forums and /m/. Yea Forums is allergic to retro anime and manga. Virtually impossible to get a gunnm thread going here.

Oh, that's a shame. Guess I'll go to /m/ then, Yea Forums is probably more about the movie.

No dont leave faggot, where else am i gonna post cute alitas?

Attached: 20180907_131808.jpg (189x274, 36K)

Oh, and last order is shit, and boring. Honestly the way the authors changed alita makes the story into something completley different, not really worth the read

Attached: Battle_Angel_Alita_-_Fight_9_-_39.jpg (1119x1600, 312K)

feel free to post more fren

t. brainlet
Last Order is better than the original, with the exception of volume 6-8, which were superb.

Yea Forums general is mostly about the movie but occasionally people talk about the manga. Here's the /m/ thread

bamp

Last Order starts fantastic and completely shits the bed. Even the Vampire backstory was much, much more interesting than the fucking Zott.

>should I read Last Order?
No, it had a lot of promise, but for some god forsaken reason the author decided to turn it into a tournament manga that lacks everything that made the original interesting.

Good job on keeping crossboarders out.

What happened to Yea Forums?

Did you know Alita was born from a tumor on mars?

Original manga is fantastic
Alita: Last Order is some shitty cyber-dragonball in space with an out of place and overlong flashback about vampires
Alita: Mars Chronicles of the breast cancer and the treasure hunting phantom of nazi opera is self explanatory
The anime is shit
The movie is a pg13 cgi schlock for the MCU audience, also based on the anime

This, what I also love with LO and MC is that the author actually expanded on the universe, leaving Zalem and earth behind to expand upon Mars which has some insane shit going on to.

Also Erika a cute

Attached: 12.jpg (1114x1600, 386K)

No, it's crap. I mean, by generic fighting manga standard it's good, compared to the original it's shit.
The first sequel was in a light novel, and its caracterization was more faithful to the original.

it's not something you regret reading, so he should read it

also where the fuck is the next mars chronicles chapter

>with an out of place and overlong flashback about vampires
which is also the best part of the manga and the only thing that can compare in quality to the original

it's got some serious fire punch vibes

vampire kung fu is incredibly fun too, that drill sword is kino

I regret reading it.
If you're into big gick fichging contests and don't care about characterization then sure OP, go ahead. If you care for Alita's characterization and her growth as a person in the original manga then avoid it like the plague because the author pisses all over her.

Last order is meh.

the series the pacing turns to shit.

it had its moments but if you dont care for battle shonens wityh whole tournaments arcs then give it a skip.

thats said im enjoying third series quite a bit but thats because i like watching loli's have fucked up adventures akin to made in abyss

Isekai baby!!!

Original Alita is great and can be a self contained story if you want it to be.
Last Order tries to explain some of the loose ends and questions you had in OG, but OOPS ROBOT KARATE TOURNAMENT!
Mars Chronicle starts to answer some more questions but OOPS MUPPET BABY ADVENTURES, also whered she get the fucking talking gun???? I want to know.

>OOPS MUPPET BABY ADVENTURES
you act like a story about yokos life isn't important

>Alita: Mars Chronicles of the breast cancer and the treasure hunting phantom of nazi opera is self explanatory

dont even know if that supposed to be recommendation or not.
Im personally enjoying it

muster was based

Truth

This is why you don't make a gunnm thread on Yea Forums. Literal retard echo chamber.

Attached: Battle Angel Alita - Last Order - c038 (v07) - p034-035 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2673x1956, 3.77M)

to be fair, the 3 extra chapters of Battle angel Alita that are said to be non canon/alternate vision kinda spoil the whole gist of Last order.
But then we wouldn't have had my man Sechs.

>spoilers
>20 year old manga
Fuck off, tranny.

finding Alita in the movie felt like he found a turd that looked interesting and took it home, in the manga he clearly moves up, struggles to reach it, and just as he holds her, hope shines...

you are retarded annon.

Fuck no, just pretend it doesn't exist.

t. puberty failure

old manga good new manga bad oooga booga

>Try to discuss a niche manga
>start having a fit and spews hur durr its hits its shit
>wonder why poeples are not very happy about your retardation

I unironically liked Last Order because even though it had some pacing issues it expanded the universe greatly and gave us some pretty good fights, I also liked the vampire arc.

Mars Chronicle adds onto this with the early life of yoko and I also find it great, not to mention the art got steadilly better.

>. Yea Forums is allergic to retro anime and manga
Fuck off retard

>Literal retard echo chamber.
What's wrong with thinking Last Order isn't as good as the original? It is a very different story

I'm sorry for your massive headwound.

I do love the expanded universe LO gave us, it's a pity it decided to focus volumes upon volumes on a terribly boring thing.

It's good manga good bad manga bad, you mongoloid

t. capeshitter kid
>muh DBZ fights are nice to look at
>muh prequel-sequel-sidequel-spinoff-retcon-reboot is guuud

yes yes let's lower the level of discussion until everyone just starts posting brainlet wojaks

>Original Alita is great and can be a self contained story if you want it to be.
It literally ends half-way through the story. It's about as self-containted as End of Evangelion.
>Last Order tries to explain some of the loose ends and questions you had in OG
Loose ends? Whole plotlines are left completely unadressed or barely touched in the rushed ending.
>but OOPS ROBOT KARATE TOURNAMENT!
What does that even supposed to mean? LO addressed all of the unanswered questions.
>Mars Chronicle starts to answer some more questions but OOPS MUPPET BABY ADVENTURES
Not entirely sure what you mean by that but Alita's past is the biggest mystery of the story, and that's what Mars Chronicle is all about.

Attached: Battle Angel Alita - Last Order - c081 (v13) - p202-203 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2673x1956, 3.66M)

>It literally ends half-way through the story.
And ironically, it was much, much better for it.

>it expanded the universe greatly
it expanded the universe badly. There's no merit in doing something if you do it terribly, especially if before that you had showed the ability to perform much better.
The way he built the rest of the universe doesn't hold a candle to the quality he had in building up just 2 cities in the original manga.
And he ruined the main character, to the point that she could be just a completely different person.
>gave us some pretty good fights
Plenty of manga have good fights. But good fights alone don't make the manga as good as the original, which had good fights, good characerization good world building, good writing.
>I also liked the vampire arc
The vampire arc was good. it's a pity that it was part of a piece of shit manga.

Yeah, no. You're just a blind hater.

Self-contained, the Vampire arc was much better than all of Last Order. Real pity.

Besides Alita's past, am I the only one who fucking loves Mbadi ?

That guy really embodies the hero who grew jaded and power hungry.

Thanks for ruining the thread faggot

Attached: mbadi.png (290x422, 180K)

>It literally ends half-way through the story
The author ecided to remove the original ending for the new editions in order to continue the story. The original ending should still be out there though, go find it if you haven't read it.

I own the original manga, I think the original ending was quite good for something so rushed.

this is why I think the author had been mulling over Alita's story for too long, and so when he wrote about her it lacked authenticity and felt wonky.

MBadi was one of the better parts of it. Watching Gary wipe his smug fucking grin off his face was really wonderful even if most of what happened to get to that point was terrible.

and it was fitting. Although I can see why the author might have thought there should have been more. The VN that came out shortly after actually expanded well on the universe

Well, he always want to take his story up the orbital shaft to Jeru and explore mars and history, I think there was a PS2 games based around that idea. And it's a really fucking cool place to take the story, which is why LO turning out how it did is all the sadder.

yeah, I candefinitely admit that the whole ZOTT thing was fucking garbage and just an excuse to show off more random fights, the intrigue imo should have focussed on a close cast (say Yoko, Weasel, Zazie and maybe Seith with the Vampire bitch added along the way) trying to destabilize Mbadi's power wether by stealing compromizing info or any type of covert operation with the support of the martians as a political aliance.
But the biggest sore IMO was the whole karate autism, those should have just been Mbadi's sidekiks or mercenaries.

>It expanded the universe badly. There's no merit in doing something if you do it terribly, especially if before that you had showed the ability to perform much better.
The way he built the rest of the universe doesn't hold a candle to the quality he had in building up just 2 cities in the original manga.
It's bad because you say so? One of the best things about LO is the expanded universe. The story is so much richer and interesting because of it.
>And he ruined the main character, to the point that she could be just a completely different person.
She's still the same person and shows all the same characteristics. Much of LO is about Alita dealing with her past and coming to terms with the consequences of her past actions, so it's more serious in tone, but when there's room for comedy she still acts goofy and cute.
>Plenty of manga have good fights. But good fights alone don't make the manga as good as the original, which had good fights, good characerization good world building, good writing.
LO has all of that and even more.
>The vampire arc was good. it's a pity that it was part of a piece of shit manga.
Really, piece of shit? I can understand thinking it's worse than the original, which I disagree with, but how is it piece of shit?

Attached: goofy.jpg (2088x3056, 1.02M)

>and it was fitting
Not even one bit. Kishiro had a mental breakdown and literally killed off Alita to end the manga. Then due to fan outcry he decided to draw the rushed ending so that the story would have some kind of closure. This was never how he actually imagined the story to end. Stop trying to justify your hate of LO with your headcanon.

Attached: 1554917747786.jpg (2099x2999, 887K)

>This was never how he actually imagined the story to end.
Doesn't matter, it was better for it.

>Yea Forums is allergic to retro anime and manga. Virtually impossible to get a gunnm thread going here.

Isn't the manga still going?

and it was a good ending. I also wished to see more, was happy when LO was coming out, but it turned out to be a monkey's paw.

>was happy when LO was coming out
Ain't that the truth.
First few chapters of LO blew me away.

>abruptly ending the story half-way is better.
Give me a break. Any other series that would have done this and you would have been on the other side of the argument.
>and it was a good ending
It was a really dumb and rushed ending to a cancelled manga. They're never good. You're only defending it now to justify your irrational hatred of LO.

Attached: 1469207208681.png (283x268, 72K)

>Any other series that would have done this and you would have been on the other side of the argument.
Only if any other series had a rushed ending that was bad and a continuation that was good, which is the opposite of what happened here.

Attached: 1463550364684.png (378x523, 162K)

the rushed ending here was bad though

Last Order is great though? Also the 3rd series is good so far as well.

>a story whose plot revolves around what iit means to be human
>a protaginist who fights to redisvoer her humanity, along with her memories
>end with her becoming fully human

It's fitting and ties nicely with the themes of the story. It might be a bit cliched, and essentially just a retelling of Pinocchio, but that doesn't make it a bad ending. It could have been better, but unfortunately the alternative ended up being LO, which is much much worse than the original ending.

It wasn't, and even if it was it was it's better than LO. A rushed, okay ending is better than a very drawn out, bad continuation.

>x is good because I say so
>y is bad because I say so
You're a child. Find the nearest romcom or shonenshit thread and don't return until you're mentally at least 10 years older.
>end with her becoming fully human
Which goes against the entire point of the story.
>It's fitting and ties nicely with the themes of the story. It might be a bit cliched, and essentially just a retelling of Pinocchio, but that doesn't make it a bad ending.
That's not Alita's story at all, which is another reason why the ending is so dumb. You know this, I know this, everyone knows this. Nobody likes the ending. It's fucking dumb and ruins an otherwise excellent manga. You're only defending it to put down LO, which is really petty and childish.
>It could have been better, but unfortunately the alternative ended up being LO, which is much much worse than the original ending
How is it much worse or worse at all?

Attached: tfw reading these posts.jpg (2088x3056, 1.27M)

>>x is good because I say so
>>y is bad because I say so
That is your exact argument as well.

Attached: 95546638562.png (350x350, 88K)

That's pretty much exactly canon. The conclusion in the final volume is the intended one, but Last Order goes more in detail in how to get to it, to the point it gets kind of bogged down in itself.

Read LO OP, it expands the setting a lot. You'll get a tourney but it's OK.

Mars Chronicle has been based thus far.

>It's fucking dumb and ruins an otherwise excellent manga.
Not as much as LO did.

I haven't made either of those arguments. The only thing I've argued against in this thread is LO being bad.
Literally confirmed by Kishiro to neither being canon nor intended ending

>The only thing I've argued against in this thread is LO being bad.
Because you said so.

Attached: 1385469028287.jpg (752x588, 51K)