Youjo Senki

I just watched the entire show in one sitting and found it to be pretty good. What did you think of it?

Attached: images (9).jpg (360x360, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

otecshop.com/?mode=cate&cbid=2494449&csid=0&sort=n
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ducks

Good, but the original Manga and LN art is better.
Also its supposed to be slightly more comedic.
They cut out the cartoon wolves.

In the manga all points of exposition, explanations, war discussions, and Tanya's inner thoughts are portrayed as the characters and soldiers as cartoon wolves.

Attached: vyVwxWUl.jpg (640x427, 84K)

GOOD LUCK LITTLE DUCK

Like 30% of the manga is cartoon wolves.

Attached: 87899.png (811x413, 473K)

It was fun. I really enjoyed the WWI setting, made it feel unique.

Great. And way better than the manga, Her anime design is also best and became her iconic design most liked by Nips

>the original Manga
LN is the source material

I know
Perhaps I used the word original in the wrong place.
I meant as in the anime takes from both the LN and the manga.

It was fucking shit with absolutely no redeeming qualities at all.

If it didn't take itself seriously I would have enjoyed it

Can't wait for the movie. Should be covering the rest of volume 3 and all of 4

Also Tanya a cute.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Youjo Senki - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.51_[2018.02.04_20.19.55].jpg (1280x720, 119K)

The author stuided military history and books. He put a nice amount of effort and the result was great, unlike other authors who try to write war LNs/manga without educating themselves.

>just watched the entire show in one sitting
woah, you watched a one cour series in one sitting? What happened to Yea Forums .....

No Tanya in a microbikini = shit.

Mandatory rest session beach ova wen

Attached: 11.jpg (1280x1855, 509K)

Needs more doujins

Easily one of my fav anime, though I would admit the art design could've been better. Also we need more WW1/WW2 anime.
>t. wehraboo und kaiserboo

It's a grime dark strike witches isekai

So pretty good

Yeah, bretty good. I thought episode 1 was actually not so good; seemed to take the introduction a little too slowly. Felt like it got better after that. Ep. 2 was a proper introduction.

One of my favorites now. I want to see the movie but no one around here knows about it.

Attached: Nah.jpg (400x400, 45K)

Would be better without the moetrash

It would be better without the mages and magic bullshit. Still trash, but better.

I disagree, I dont see how the battle scene would be interesting without the flying mages battling each other with bolt action rifle

more flamethrowers. it's that simple. and historically perfectly accurate.

Take a look at this guy:
Why? because he's most likely right.

Was so tired of low effort garbage, that Youjo Senki blew me right out of my feet. Never expected, that I would enjoy this much.

The manga is supplementary to both LN Zane anime and is too cute and comedic. The anime is a good adaptation of the LN even in adapting the art, read it tripfaggot. The manga butchers it with cuteness and furry shit.

It’s good, already bought my tickets for the movie showing in theaters next month.

How many months left till movie bd is out?

Attached: 1433020175624.jpg (703x680, 44K)

The magic is a important plot point that is expanddd on when they get more into the godless commies who don’t use it.

Honestly, I didn’t like it that much. The duck faces made me just uncomfortable enough to squirm around in my chair, and to distract me from me from what was actually going on. I still don’t know what the fuck happened over the entire season.

I liked that it actually had a point to make commenting on power dynamics and how people react to overwhelming force that suffused basically ever major and most minor conflicts in the show. It's pretty rare for anime to have a theme like that and actually stick to it, and I really appreciate that it did.

The duck faces actually softened quite a bit after the first couple episodes.
It really feels like the animators tried to adhere to the design but then got lazy and nobody told them to keep it up. This is a good thing because Late season Tanya is more cute than early Tanya.

It was a great Light Novel advertisement.

True. It’s the first LN I’ve read more than two pages of before throwing it in the garbage and was because of the anime. And that it’s written half way competently and the translation isn’t gibberish. Most LN aware garbage already and you add poor translations and I’ll never understand how people enjoy them.

Pretty good, but strange art at times. But now that the manga third volume spoiled me the ending, I've lost all appetite for the series. Too bad.

It’s not really canon to the LN and we knew in the LN since volume 1 the empire loses (to what extent it isn’t revealed yet)

>The anime is a good adaptation of the LN
Stopped reading there, only someone who has never read the LN could spout such bullshit.
Virtually half of the plot is changed for no reason whatsoever, it's a horrible adaptation.

ω・´)

otecshop.com/?mode=cate&cbid=2494449&csid=0&sort=n

Attached: 140223588.jpg (500x500, 220K)

When an angry woman finds a young girl

Attached: D1OFKarU0AEXPUl.jpg (811x709, 126K)

I probably shouldn't be relating to this

I’m on volume 5 right now. I like being X in the anime better than the pantheon stuff. Anyway, go reread the LN it’s very good at keeping up and even the changes are well done. Only thing I wish was we got to hear Korea of tanyas internal or see things from those fighting below like in the LN but no, your wrong.

SLEEPY TANYA A CUTE

Incidentally, I came across translations of the spoilers on the Wiki about Tanya from, presumably, the web novels, which, in fact, copied the timeline of the universe of Muv-Luv Alternative with aliens but with mages instead of robots...

Is this some kind of joke or is the whole Saga really just a prologue to Muv-Luv fanfic?

Attached: DB2TLuFVoAEcY3E.jpg (1200x850, 217K)

the ending is the worst. Literal mary sue that is the opposite of the mc but "good" is the most boring writing of an anatagonist there is.

Her name is literally Mary Sue.

I like duck lips in anime and want more shows to do it.

She isn’t an antagonist she is a jobber. Thatsthejoke.jpg

It was good but I was kind of bummed they removed the tanya cocksucking the officers did for her accomplishments like in the manga

The joke is enhanced when you realize she's voiced by Asuna
This show had 11/10 voice casting.

Reminder the manga end anime came out roughly the same time and the anime was in no way related to that fur trash.

It's amazing.

Also the first reply was right, Tanya looks so much better in her original LN style .

Attached: 1524695816726.jpg (600x842, 110K)

Sobins work is a toss up. It either looks really good or like speed paint adhego with no regard to anatomy. His characters look so different drawing to drawing I never understood how anyone could even call them solid designs to compare too.

Attached: Smug DSL Salaryman.png (687x685, 322K)

This.

>furryshit
aren't the animal soldiers reference to WW1 or 2 propaganda animal soldiers posters?

It’s over done in the manga

The LN, manga, and anime all have their own strengths, and they each are pretty good adaptions for their medium. The LN gets into a pretty autistic level of worldbuilding, but the level of detail and obvious high level of research that went into it make it stand out. The problem is, with so much detail, much of it important, the manga and anime could just be a bunch of talking heads explaining military theory, and the story itself would be bogged down. The manga has the more adaptable format, so they use the animals and post-chapter notes to explain things, and let the story flow a bit more naturally. The anime cuts a lot, but a full, true adaption of the LNs would run into that same talking-heads and lengthy internal dialogue problem. The anime made a good decision with most of its changes, and managed to make something that felt exciting throughout, that never really had any filler episodes. You'd need something LoGH tier to fully adapt all the LNs, and I don't think it would even be that good. It would just be a collection of shots of people standing around, talking about railways and how to be a good capitalist.

>To mock being X's rules I'll become a total slut!

Tanja power move.

Weird, I agree with this post 100% and have no shot posting retort to it. This isn’t a first.

sad that the LN doesn't eventually ship Reruge and Tanya together

Attached: Marriage_62a749_6241751.jpg (900x1273, 243K)

I couldn't get over the wild variations in the faces so between that and isekai I dropped it.

Most of them are dudes rqping Tanya and then she enjoys it. Or just Tanya Cock and ball torture... Pick one

Attached: 8b95c86749de8ce97228daf448acf284.gif (268x350, 1.68M)