Thoughts on Penguin Highway, Yea Forums?

Thoughts on Penguin Highway, Yea Forums?

Attached: E4BF06ED-8733-4A90-A987-539C4582E448.jpg (1200x630, 410K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h4sl0QrnhUE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll tell you after it gets acceptable subs.

Still waiting for PAS to complete their subs for it. Kinda disappointed that it appeals to the /ss/ crowd

fag

>Kinda disappointed that it appeals to the /ss/ crowd
Literally the only reason I'm interested aside from the nice art.

Had it on my backlog but I didn't realize subs were shit

>not watching weeb movies on the big screen like a true patrician

Attached: A6A688D7-BA4D-4F5B-AD08-FF45B2B8345C.jpg (1125x1110, 1.06M)

I want to see this. But I can't magically transport myself to the theater in two minutes.

I guess I'll wait for the sub version in theaters tomorrow night.

You watching the Tanya The Evil movie next month?

I'm mostly interested because it's another adaptation from the author of The Tatami Galaxy, Night is Short and Uchouten Kazoku. All of his anime adaptations have been right up alley so I'm looking forward to it.

Attached: night-is-short-walk-on-girl-gif-1.gif (600x338, 1.49M)

The Dentist's wife was pretty hot.

>I'm mostly interested because it's another adaptation from the author of The Tatami Galaxy
I guess that too. Thanks for reminding me.

Maybe. But it is somewhat leaning towards a yes.

Dammit does it really lean that hard on the /ss/? I was looking forward to something that seemed creative and wholesome

You know, that reminds me, when exactly are the novel versions of "The Night is Short Walk On Girl" and "Penguin Highway" coming out?

Goddamn it Morimi write the 3rd book you fuck

Attached: uchouten.jpg (853x480, 86K)

>Kinda disappointed that it appeals to the /ss/ crowd
What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't get any /ss/ vibes from it.

If I were watching it on my own I could've fapped to the shota, but being in a indie theatre filled with old couples really made me feel uncomfortable.

watching it tomorrow. Hope it turns out decent.

Makes me god I wish I were the kid

really damn fucking good. hosoda is a massive hack; this movie does the family movie shtick with an annoying main lead so much better than mirai.

Dude...Mirai was probably Hosoda's worst work. I know it was an experiment, but man...it didn't make much sense.

How the fuck did you not get an ss vibe from it the kid was literally obsessed with her boobs and she was all up on his dick holy fuck

Which one?

What do you mean?

There’s 2 more shota besides the main one

Went to go see this tonight. Had much slower pace than I expected, not really in the sense that I was bored though. MC had some really good moments. Can't really recommend unless you're in it for the animation, pretty 6-7/10 ish movie overall.

I meant the dynamic, not directly at the main kid. But my post is just sarcasm to say this movie was needlessly fetishy. I actually walked out because I didn't want to be seen by all the old people when it finished.

>a 4 year old is considered annoying
And in other news, when it rains, people get wet

Attached: B1A029C1-A639-4BF4-A7C1-9998FACACB0D.gif (348x360, 1.29M)

>b-b-but its realistic
so what? maybe hosoda shouldn't have tried to make an awful film with that as the main character

It was based on his real life. I took Kun’s behavior as realistic.

>the Trinity Seven movie played at your theater
YOU LUCKY FUCK!

Attached: Milkchan.jpg (1449x1098, 164K)

>realism is inherently better because i can't accept what a fantastical story considers ground truth without trying to force it into my own personal perception of reality
not every movie based on someone's real life is worth watching. based on a true story movies are literally a dime a dozen.

It was realistic and much like real kids it was a miserable experience.

/ss/ fest & Onee-san voice is pure sex.
Expecting beach scene or bath scene to jerked to, but didn't got any of those.
I guess this movie market is totally family friendly.

user, you're dense as fuck.

>Dammit does it really lean that hard on the /ss/?
Yes. It really does.
Still a great kid Movie though.

>Excessive boob shots, monologues of a horny kid
I’d say light PG-13 more than anything

>just got back from it
>decent crowd
>a visually amazing kids anime with a solid mystery as well
>was expecting for the plot to go full retard by the end, but thankfully shown some restrained
>the twist on the young girl rival crushing on the bully (and Vice versa) instead of the main lead was refreshing
>dat Utada track

Attached: F0E22A0B-C209-45DB-A85B-028F36C31E60.png (192x187, 94K)

Sure, but she never showed her skin though.
Hell, I didn't saw any cleavage shot. Only jiggle scenes at best.

The /ss/ part is really heavy in its dialogue instead of its visual.

The scene at Onee-san's apartment was pure sex.

Attached: mpv-shot0292.jpg (1920x872, 166K)

My favorite is the Train one.

I will not find happiness until you shut the fuck up

It's a great work, especially for a novice director. He actually tries to do something different from lazy shitting into worn out molds.

I hope Ishida gets a lot of good projects to grow his muscles.

> she was all up on his dick holy fuck
otaku.. easy on the hentai

Pretty solid, although it's very clearly an adaptation of pre-existing material. Some segments are too derivative, while others don't really complement the plot. Animation was okay with a couple of high points.
Good for what it is -especially for a new-ish director-, some memorable visuals, not a masterpiece on any aspect. The /ss/ bait was cute.

Great movie, I really enjoyed it.
I also read the book and it's a great adaptation. Some scenes had to be cut out or rearranged, but they did a fantastic job with it, they managed to keep all the spirit of the book intact.

Don't tell me they cut the lewd part.

I can't stand this sort of family bait that tries to have as few fantastical things as possible. Aside from coke penguins and the end it was mostly just completely generic scenes (with some of these in fucking cafes) with the kid talking about his puberty problems or how to help the dentist who doesn't give a fuck.
Doesn't help the the humor is almost toilet humor level at times. Had some decent scenes but I can't see this appealing to a child or adult alone.

Take this eyebrow glue sample.
> almost toilet humor level
You must be a USA citizen.

The only thing I'm interested in is lewd scenes. Is there at least a swimsuit fanservice?

The main lead with the bullies pulling down his swimshorts, no dentist fanservice.

>mfw Hamamoto is a chubby chaser

Attached: AlitaKEK.jpg (1200x675, 210K)

>family bait that tries to have as few fantastical things as possible
You gotta entertain the kids this was clearly targeted for.

Attached: oeIwjZrEqtQUTtM5.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

how does it compare to tatami galaxy and night is short?

Attached: 278431238741.png (173x347, 52K)

That reminded me of THIS.
youtu.be/h4sl0QrnhUE
>mfw

Attached: D17294A5-5F93-4A02-9E23-61CD2667B89A.jpg (233x307, 33K)

It is like night and day IMO.

For starters, none of the characters in Penguin Highway talks as fast as any of the characters in Night is Short or Tatami galaxy and Penguin Highway is more of a mystery (IMO) themed adventure unlike the other two in comparison.

It really is like a night and day comparison.

First off, I can't think of a Nee-san I'd like to fuck more than the one in this movie.
As for the movie itself, it was pretty great.

Damn. Nip sure love pengin.

Yes, the kid was realistic and real kids are annoying as fuck.