Was he an idiot?

Attached: Light_YagamiHD.jpg (1977x2004, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, but he sure fucking acted like it from time to time.

after L died yes

Yes, all he had to do was NOT kill the cops that everyone knew were investigating him

Imagine actually watch this fujo show

anything after L didn't happen so no.

Everyone else was for opposing him.

Yes, since the start when he killed the false L

Yup he could have stayed hidden instead of putting himself right infront of L.

I can understand that he fell for L's provocation on TV. But hacking (?) into his father's computer was the the stupidest thing he could do. L noticed that Kira had started acting opposite to his police profile and suspected that someone had access to inside information. Hence, he was able to narrow down Kira's identity from the entire Kanto region to a few hundred people in the police force. At this point Light was already fucked and the rest of the series was a meh cat and mouse game.
Also Near is never able to catch C-Kira in the Death note oneshot because he never responds to any provocations or does not try to get any new info himself.

Yeah that was my point. Even if L assumed he was a student which was still a stretch what about neets who don't ever work.

No. Realistically, L should not have been able to make half the deductions he did.

L was a genius beyond comprehension and light was a retard. He was literally caught with a death note. A magic book you can kill with by writing names in a book. HE WAS CAUGHT. There is no defending this.

Yes

Honestly false, there aren't that many leaps of logic made by L but I do remember this one

Attached: 0AD2.jpg (1944x4138, 843K)

I'm pretty sure Light wanted to get to L to kill him, so he intentionally made himself a closer suspect, he even says this himself. It also makes sense in wanting to control the world that he can have access to world powers through pretending to lead the hunt against himself. Not sure why people are so against this concept.

Johan must of had plot manipulation seeing the amount of shit he pulled

>It also makes sense in wanting to control the world that he can have access to world powers through pretending to lead the hunt against himself.

huh?

Why did Light trust so many people? Misa, the reporter, Kira 2 .... It's obvious that this leads to chaos.

Also, couldn’t he kill the other police guys after his father died? They were working undercover anyway and it's obvious that they would be a problem sooner or later.

gwern.net/Death-Note-Anonymity

Fuck are you talking about. Almost all the shit he did was a guess upon guess and he happened to be right because plot armor. In some cases he just felt like a straight up mind reader. The only thing that makes L smart was the author saying so. Realistically, you have to be a fucking retard to get caught with the note. There’s 0 trace back and the smartest guy in the world would have to assume a lot of super natural stuff to even begin to know what’s going on.

Kinda

I think Light thought that by killing the police force, they would stop the investigation since anyone could be killed at anytime. Too bad some of them didn't give a fuck.

No just hypocrite and coward

Yeah he should've just burned the place down and faked his death. Then he'd be completely invincible.

Yeah at times he’d succumb to his emotions. If he didn’t try to mirk L who obviously wasn’t L when the broadcast was still airing he would’ve gotten a lot more time and been able to plan so he wasn’t so easily discovered

Well, the reason why L knew what specific region of Japan Kira was in was because of Light falling for the bait. The killing prisoners and news stories gave L hints to the psychology and personality of Light, meaning that Light was very similar to him (More so that just like L, Light HATES to lose).

It was only when Light started killing people that nobody could reasonably know unless they had access to the police database. records. That is when L put the cameras.

As soon as Light said that shit about out loud, he instantly suspected that he was Kira. All he had to do was prove it.

He wasn't an idiot. He's just a massive narcissist.

>It was only when Light started killing people that nobody could reasonably know unless they had access to the police database. records.
He never did that. The reason L began to suspect Kira had access to police info was because Light changed the pattern of his killings immediately after L suggested that the timing of earlier killings indicated that kira might be a student.

I don't know why the Bleach characters are there when everything they did made sense regarding the series rules.

no, they were opposing kira. Any shitposter knows how to separate himself from his alter ego

The database thing was the biggest fuck up but even then it’s not much since he never physically does anything. Again, the genius has to imagine something supernatural and how would he ever prove that? Funny that you mention the part about how he knew he hates to lose, since to me that was a huge example of just a lucky guess dress up as a deduction. He only plays lip service to the fact that he could be wrong but once he guesses that something “might” be true the story develops as if he knows it for sure. L never felt genuinely smart. He was just a slightly less bullshit character than near.

Mayuri was the anime version of Batman’s belt. It got really bad in the last arc too. Aizen should swap with L desu.

It's not a matter of making sense.
For example: Mayuri is a smart character written backwards. We never see his plans or understand his logic, it's always a matter of
>looks like he's about to be defeated
>he grins
>"I actually had a counter-measure ready all along because I knew you'd do that"
which is no different from other characters going "I was actually stronger all along, I was just going easy on you".
It might "make sense", but it's a really shitty way to write a conflict.

He should have killed L in he old fashioned way and blown the place up or something

Deus ex machina and plot armor. Kira has to lose

Youre kidding right?
Almost all the deductive leaps L makes is based on a single tiny speculation. Not to mention the entire investigation is premised on a supernatural killer

Ultimately? Yes. He made a lot of amateur mistakes for someone that wanted to kill in secret. Like looking for information on his kills in the newspaper or the internet, which gave a huge paper trail. Light just simply didn't have the proper frame of mind or the experience needed to be able to keep completely safe. He was going to get caught, no matter what.

>have untraceable killing device
>gets caught
Yeah.

That's different for Mayuri since his inventions actually made some damn sense.