Itt: bitter pills to swallow

I'll start:
pic related will be AOTD

Attached: madoka god.jpg (3478x2458, 667K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zNXphqxbePM?t=681
youtu.be/SkogIr_PyjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>bitter
You mean sweet.
Madoka was an instant classic.

Only if you're incredibly new.

Look deep within yourself. You know what I say to be true.

Attached: 72421872_p0.jpg (2278x2278, 1.28M)

Sure.

How old are you and how many anime did your watch?

I love Madoka but you faggots shitposting about it to Oblivion.

That’s Little Busters though

I'm glad you agree with me.

Attached: 49727871_p5.jpg (680x671, 246K)

im not that user but i have been watching anime since the 70s and madoka is my favorite

Anime didn't even exist in the 70s

That's not Violet Evergarden though.

it had to be done

Attached: 1555375414760.jpg (915x500, 73K)

Why did this thing get overrated so much? It's completely unremarkable and already forgotten.
>muh deconstruction
Of an irrelevant genre. Deconstruction is a meme anyway. It's all the same bullshit and tropes but with Rian Johnson level of subversion.

>"overrated"
>"already forgotten"

Which one is it?

Attached: madoka2.jpg (500x500, 53K)

damn
how does she does it?

Attached: 1555375963269.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

More than deconstruction I value it's juxtaposition. Never knew cute and horror went so well together until Madoka. Obviously not the first or last to have done that, but it did it well.

>and already forgotten.
Maybe if you have your head up your ass

Attached: 9.jpg (2021x1290, 1.69M)

Homura, Kyouko, or Mami could each solo the whole squad of gachashitters

The fuck? I'm pretty sure anime began in the 70's noob.

It was overrated for a few years after it came out. Hailed as the new NGE or best thing since NGE. Then everyone forgot about it.
Nobody talks about it anymore. It's forgotten. Even in Japan. Twitter, pixiv, comiket, nico, 2ch - it's dead everywhere.

>forgetting about stein's;gate

>rebbit: the anime
no

Are you implying 2011 half of Yea Forums didn't treat Madoka as a classic?

Mami gets wrecked by the new girls

Attached: D4HZLouUYAAEwbI.jpg.jpg (999x1381, 157K)

Yea Forums also really liked LWA, which flopped elsewhere

Mami would let herself get rekt by anyone as long as they'd rape her afterwards

Stein's;Gate is decent, and calling something "reddit" is not a reason for disliking it, but it wouldn't even make top 20 AOTD.

I've been watching anime since the mid-eighties. I saw Macross before Robotech finished airing here. I had 4th generation bootleg betamax tapes of Armor Hunter Mellowlink. I watched every Brave series as they aired. I lived in Yokohama for ten years and waited IN QUEUE for the laserdisc release of the original To Terra. I've had lunch with Kunihiko Ikuhara and smoked a cigarette with Watanabe after a Seat Belts show. I've done it all. I've seen it all. I am a qualified expert.

Madoka is THE greatest anime I have ever seen. Bar none. This is where the medium has been going since day one. From the very first cel, it was all leading to Madoka.

A metaphor for the immigrant experience covering humanistic and social themes such as systematic sexism, family, loneliness, individuality, alienation, accepting and understanding others, adapting to society, appreciating the little moments in life, capturing the shortsightedness and transience of human existence and fitting in with society's expectations, this show will go down in history. It will change anime in a way not seen since Shogoki took her first steps in NGE.

>Nobody talks about it anymore. It's forgotten. Even in Japan. Twitter, pixiv, comiket, nico, 2ch - it's dead everywhere.
Why do you keep talking out of your ass?

How is that relevant to my comment?

Kimi no Na wa. is exceptionally good and being a contrarian doesn't make you cool

>muh extra-moe mary-sue christ-analogy anime will surely win aotd
imagine being this blinded by moe-goggles

List your top 10 then faggot

Madoka is flawed but if it isn't a 10/10 what is?
I would wish for a better aotd but if it isn't this or tatami what is it?

Attached: [Fancutfags]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_-_01v2_[BD-Fancut][h264-1080p_FLAC][FCBAFFAC].mkv_snapshot_14 (1920x1080, 170K)

>AOTD
literally just 12 episodes of crying and female hindsight

Re;Zero is AotD

Attached: 73858629_p0.jpg (708x1000, 307K)

Yes, it's known for the exploitative easy-shock grimdark moe gimmick. Thank you for admitting it.

no really

Attached: 346346.png (1437x719, 70K)

Attached: 562.png (1597x1600, 627K)

Pic related, is objectively the correct answer.

Attached: yourfavoriteanime.png (782x508, 8K)

I'll admit it OP the characters are very fuckable and knock-upable, but that doesn't make it AOTDable

The only people who think that Madoka isn't the AOTD are the ones who didn't watch it, so I think it might really be.

All the good seiyuus are getting less roles every season.

idk top 10, but off the top of my head 10 (non comedy) series from the past decade better than Stein's;Gate (no particular order) Madoka, Penguindrum, Tatami Galaxy, Shinsekai Yori, Hyouka, Rakugo, Made in Abyss, Mob Psycho S2, Shigatsu no Lion S2, FMAB
Tbh the weakest part of Steins;Gate was the visuals. It's very good for a VN adaption, but you'd still be better off reading the VN.

>both the S;G anime and Madoka came out the same year
2011 was a hell of year

Is snaa a better tank than sayaka?

Attached: 1552016720377.jpg (600x600, 127K)

I think it's the anime original of the decade but while the series was really good it didn't excite me as much as it seemed to for most people.
Rebellion movie I found amazing though.

>Bitter
>Implying
Rebellion was great and Homura did nothing wrong. I want to stay up all night with her and violate the NFA

Attached: Screenshot (465).png (1366x768, 807K)

Sayaka is useless so by definition yes, any whole number is greater than 0.

>homura canonically torrented The Anarchist Cookbook

>Penguindrum, Tatami Galaxy, Shinsekai Yori, Hyouka, Rakugo,
So your taste is more on the shit side with some pretentiousness sprinkled in. I liked Rakugo but I wouldn't give it a rewatch, and Hyouka, Penguindrum, and Squealer were complete shit

She deserved a better fate and you know it.

Attached: mami.gif (704x396, 552K)

Which of the meguca objectively deserved it?

She gets a better fate. Gets consensually raped by the scat powered meguca, Alina, and turned into her pet.

Attached: alina is love.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

That's not Girls und Panzer, you drip.

Attached: Gup Chibitanx.jpg (1920x1200, 662K)

Mob is better

This has nothing at all to do with the thread but does anyone hear a bit of the Madoka soundtrack in this or am I going insane?

youtu.be/zNXphqxbePM?t=681 Starts at 11:21

Attached: 1526536946376.jpg (702x480, 208K)

I was going to call you crazy but I feel like I hear 3 notes of Connect or something

Attached: u wut.png (332x512, 186K)

That happnens to me with this one
youtu.be/SkogIr_PyjU

Well I mean that is literally the same song. How the hell did that even get into the Madoka soundtrack?

There's a zombie on your lawn, which is sampled at 11:21, is from the first game and predates Madoka.

Attached: Unknown.png (225x225, 10K)

Kyouko

She was saving their heathen Nip souls by having them convert to christianity. Kyouko deserves to be the happiest out of all of them.

>you will never get to watch madoka again for the first time

Attached: 1542739712327.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I was replying to

ONLY THREE SEASONS LEFT TO DETHRONE MADOKA FROM AOTD FAGGOTS!

Attached: 8f51ced200c644208f9f6d14d6843691.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

>tfw you didn’t watch Madoka until after Rebellion and missed watching it together with Yea Forums
How was it like?

I really like this anime, anons.

Attached: 1535770480829.jpg (850x1310, 918K)

Finally a good opinion in this thread

With Madoka there, they would be wiped off the face of the planet.

I love Madoka, but lets not fool ourselves. It's a solid second though

Attached: 1404418049691.jpg (1446x1024, 268K)

I'm 30 and have completed over 400 series.
Madoka is anime of the century.

Attached: 1410821879463.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

I hate shaft.
They're fucking awful, everything they touch is mediocre at the very best.
>sad girls get powers from being sad, one girl is so queer she makes one so sad she erases the whole series from ever happening.

Shit's gay.

Attached: fuckoff.gif (400x262, 3.07M)

Watching some autist play with his microwave for 12 episodes isn't anime of anything.

no u

77 years old, 2460 series

Attached: 28andMadokaSucks.jpg (395x177, 18K)

Attached: 1549954060095.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

We postan MAL stats now?

Attached: that backlog.png (396x174, 9K)

>7.54 average

Start hating things more.

she deserved to get impregnated by fat old business men until she reached menopause

>go to my list and actually rate a mess of the dropped shows as 1/10
>average goes up to 7.55
lol

How do you make a show about a bunch of sexy JCs and have literally zero lewd scenes?

Attached: 1546989034624.png (620x560, 359K)

step aside for the superior mahou shoujo

Attached: x3.jpg (1446x2048, 1.09M)

>it's just a big shield
what does she do? slice people's heads off with the tip?

It's a little more disturbing than that

Did you not watch the OP?

>literally zero lewd scenes
Just the tip though.

Attached: 1349761208748.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

The shield opens up and the torture device of choice attacks the enemy

You forgot "time flop"

I really don't understand why people like this shit so much. I'm pretty sure the type of people who like this watch magical girl shit to begin with. I was really unengaged and uninterested literally the whole way through, and I even watched the movie.

>I'm pretty sure the type of people who like this watch magical girl shit to begin with

Attached: 1460822457506.png (495x398, 77K)

what? It's the only reason I can understand people frothing over this so much when it was really uninteresting to me. Like I fucking hate kill la kill but I know some people like it because they unironically enjoy ecchi.

Yes, you and your 14 years of life experience on Earth has it all figured out

I'm ambivalent towards mahou shoujo but Madoka is my top show.

>no JoJo's Bizzare Adventure in this thread

I am disappointed Yea Forums

That's fucking pathetic.
>mean score 7.54
Kill yourself, you tasteless fuck.

You could have just said "ok kid" and i would immediately understood you've got nothing of value to add.

Mate, have you seriously never stopped to consider the possibility that it went over your head specifically because you are unfamiliar with the genre?

based

Attached: cuteandfunny.jpg (2668x1394, 991K)

Aren't you glad I decided to be cute instead? You, on the other hand, are case #99,999,99 this month of an instance where someone is mad because others like what you don't like and you're lashing out at it. If only you waited another 2.5 seconds, you might have won the 100m prize.

what would you say your other favourites are? genuinely curious
what's not to understand? it's not evangelion, there was nothing that in the series that I would describe as "hard to understand". Or are trying to say that because it's a "deconstruction" of the genre that I don't fully appreciate it because I don't watch other mahou shoujo anime?
i gotta go but if this thread is still up in 4 hours i'll be back

Attached: m.png (450x450, 472K)

That's not the case, more likely he's just generally stupid. You don't need to see any other Mahou Shoujo to understand and appreciate Madoka. The standard Mahou Shoujo anime are either aimed at young females (Sailor Moon) or contain shameless lolicon pandering like Nanoha.

anime of the decade is actually space patrol luluco

In no particular order
>Eva + EoE
>Mob
>Houseki no Kuni
>Girls Last Tour
>Made in Abyss
And Princess Tutu, which I guess is mahou shoujo.

S;G is my pick since I'm an autist for finely crafted plot and since it has my wife, but I'll readily admit several other shows such as Madoka were more influential to the medium.

This. Steins;Gate is blatantly superior to Madoka.

Attached: 1551840724749.png (850x1146, 869K)

Very good taste, gentlesir!
*tips fedora*
Upvoted.

(You)

Attached: 1552053098891.jpg (1000x1000, 82K)

Attached: 1546907672635.jpg (479x492, 47K)

Earthquake?

mahouka koukou was one of the best series ever made with a very interesting story that resembles the "mc is op as shit but nobody knows" plot yet no one talks about it/knows it, meaning it will probably not get a 2nd season when the first was insanely good

Madoka is best girl. I hope everyone knows this fact.

Attached: 30542076_p0.jpg (1000x1208, 207K)

You remember those kids you bullied back in high school and you ever wonder if they would snap and shoot up a school? Sana got emotionally abused by her family. At some point she became fascinated by torture implicitly meaning she wanted to do it to her shitcunt family. Her shield opens up and unleashes an array of torture devices on Witches including chains, teeth removes, saws

Some of you are alright, don't got to school tomorrow if you live in Mizuna.

>Stein's

But I've been saying that since Madoka started airing!

Attached: 1396757471772.jpg (662x936, 120K)

Madoka will lose out this decade thanks to normalfags. Large amounts of idiots would unironically say anime like S;G, Your Name or KnK are better simply because they haven't seen or heard of Madoka. She is truly forgotten bros

There's nothing wrong with crackshipping,

Madoka's just not very good.

>less than 200 total completed
opinion discarded

Attached: 1555072487519.png (400x319, 120K)

Why does she wear the choker?

Why don't you?

Attached: 1522437073695.jpg (1634x2098, 513K)

Homu pls.

Is this pasta?

f-fuck..she's so hard to resist..

Attached: 1476134854.jpg (850x1155, 456K)

Oldest use I can find applied it to Flip Flappers.

In the final analysis, how much of what Homura did could reasonably be described as "wrong?"

it wasn't even the best mahou shoujo anime airing during january 2011, let alone AoTD.

Attached: Heartcatch.Precure!.full.291140.jpg (1600x900, 536K)

You're confusing Yea Forums with Triggerfags. Yea Forums liked the OVA but the reception to the show at the time was pretty negative. Maybe that's changed more recently since a lot of people on Yea Forums now also seem to like KLK, when everyone was massively disappointed and bitter when the ending came out.

Hidamari Sketch is way more better (and arguably more mature)than Madoka Magica, desu.
Madoka is just Shaft baby mode, just catching with the people who didn't watch magical girls shows, and, by some obscure causes, claim that this is the best mahou shoujo.
Madoka is the Gundam SEED of the mahou shoujo anime.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-12-13-34-54.png (1280x720, 926K)

yeah there's a big long line of mahou shoujo from the last decade I enjoyed a lot more than madoka, including literally every precure series.

however, shaft has never made anything good. and I've watched a hell of a lot of their material. their best work is popotan. and popotan is okay. not a word I use often, but the studio loves making pretentious crap.

>Madoka was an instant classic.
This. It'll be talked about and praised for decades to come.

This is a Heartcasual, everyone. The way how do you respond to them is "fuckoff heartcasual".

The only reason Madoka is even in the conversation for AOTD is because it’s the only moe show with an ounce of depth so every single yurifag latches on to it as their AOTD pick.

Attached: 54B7EB99-F689-475C-8810-A556E6DFD429.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

To signify her status as Homura's pet

Attached: BcKb3LlCcAIA1x9.png (450x197, 38K)

Honestly, I've never seen any criticism from people that actually watched it. Everyone who doesn't consider it the AOTD has clearly not watched it.
It might really be the best anime of the century so far.

Consider this simple fact.
Deconstruction wasn't a meme when this came out.

>I've never seen any criticism from people that actually watched it.

It’s a deconstruction of a genre that never needed a deconstruction. Mahou Shoujo never saturated the industry too much it actually warranted a subversion
of its tropes, and perhaps even more ridiculously, it’s a genre by and large marketed towards children anyway. Not only did it fail to expose any actual flaws with Mahou Shoujo, it inspired a minor renaissance of magical girl shows except with added edge trying to ride it coattails.

At least Eva and Re:Zero prodded genres that actually merited the critique.

Attached: 2DD1E5A8-2027-48CD-8119-951F5E3D41E8.jpg (560x577, 226K)

Okay, but have you tried actually watching it?

Yes, multiple times.

>Madoka is a deconstruction
Stupid evafag

>It’s a deconstruction
No.

Attached: soryu family picnic.jpg (600x399, 91K)

>he doesn't know the difference between a suberversion and a deconstruction
shiggity

>only less than 200
Everyone on Yea Forums should've at least watched 400 before posting. Same shit with lurking two years before posting.

Are you implying Yea Forums wasn't full of newfags at that time and/or that Yea Forums doesn't have shit taste in general?

>7.54 mean score
I wish I liked things as much as you.

Even when it was airing there was a distinct sense that madoka was an uncommonly good show.

Attached: Livewatch_ep10.png (834x567, 82K)

Its fine

Even in the weekly threads for LWA half of the people were shitting on it.

Attached: mami time.png (500x183, 31K)

Overrated mediocrity for tourists. Thank God it was FotY and everyone stopped giving a shit years ago.

Attached: 1550522186973.jpg (609x1310, 270K)

She did everything wrong, but she did it for the right reasons, so it’s alright.

>madoka manage to be more memorable than all those with just 12 episodes
except sailor moon of course for being the pioneer

But pic related is already AOTC

Hahahahahahahahaha

You'd have to watch 40 anime a year for 10 years. I bet there's a lot of posters who haven't reached 50, which is easy to do with ova's and movies.

I'm not saying Yea Forums wouldn't be better off, but there'd only be a handful of people using it.

Nope

>It’s a deconstruction of a genre that never needed a deconstruction
Lol
>
At least Eva and Re:Zero prodded genres that actually merited the critique.
Nope before eva there was GUNDAM
and everyone and their mother already knew about this type of storytelling before rezero

Whatever you say faggot

Gud this shit needs to die

>bitter
It's not my AOTD but its easily up there.
>scoring the anime in MAL
For what purpose?

Attached: 1435100497323.jpg (361x354, 38K)

More like three seasons to cement itself as anime of the century my negro

Shonen babby

Post yours faggot.

I'm gonna cure your waifufaggotry with the power of dick

No one posted vegetables garden though

This is very sad this is just cockloving men apologists propaganda. If madoka was a boy a/ would never stopped talking how good is madoka aotd blah blah they would sucked my ballsack dry

Most Madoka fans I've ran into say they never watched any other mahou shoujo except maybe a few episodes of Sailor Moon when they were kids.
I'd say you can enjoy it without knowing anything about the genre.

Homura is my favorite male self-insert and I would have no problem with her not being a girl. And then actually seizing her well-deserved price.

Attached: fc0273b0caf63f6da39079bb7820b8e4.jpg (1061x1500, 201K)

No fucking garbage come close to madoka even though sailor moon very first mahou shoujo it's just for kids LMAO madoka took mahou shoujo genre to broad and wider audiences not only for kids

>Symphogear is 7 years old

Attached: Symphogear - 04 [BD 720p AAC] [0B98A32A].mkv_snapshot_12.45_[2015.09.30_02.19.21].jpg (1280x720, 81K)

You are just a tranny

Lmao fucking sides

It's a joke channel

This is now a WIDE thread

Attached: 11B778DB-A36B-49F9-B6B4-D2E6ACF89188.png (1539x1124, 628K)

fuck off brony

You tell me.

Attached: episode_6_connection_with_rebellion.jpg (1920x3888, 1.46M)

Homu would still be a pathetic beta even as a dude

>Saw a girl watching Madoka on her phone on the train today
The megucas are forever and eternal

I bet Madoka would still friendzone that autist even if she were a guy.

Ping Pong > Mawaru Penguindrum > Madoka

how wide are we talking?

Attached: need to go wider.jpg (10000x231, 148K)

What is going through Tsubasa's mind at this EXACT moment?

>Madoka
>More memorable than Utena

Attached: nanami_1.jpg (190x160, 13K)

>Mama can I please go out into this category 5 hurricane for a few minutes by myself, I promise that I wont do anything bad like do drugs or delete myself from existence. Can I go please?
>K
What did she mean by this?

I'm a fucking idiot

That's correct.

Attached: DvwQut2X0AEPili.jpg orig.jpg (1742x2336, 617K)

She'd make fun of dude Homu for popping a boner every time Madoka accidentally flashes her panties.

Flip Flappers is better.

Attached: 9yjAlqZ.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

>posts smug asuka
>immediately says something absolutely retarded
every time

how? only have like 4 good episodes

You'll be glad to know that things aren't bitter because Violet Evergarden is Anime of the Decade.

why resist

Because Madoka's purity is only Homu's to take

No one cared who she was until she put on the choker.

If I took it off, would she die?

not even the beast mahou shoujo show of the decade

Attached: ff tkmiz 2.jpg (4000x4000, 1.62M)

It would be extremely painfull

She's a god.

For you.