Darling in the Franxx

Why you hate this show?

This show is a DARK, PSYCHOSEXUAL COMING OF AGE STORY. Like Evangelion. If Darling in the Franxx had came out in the 90s you'd love it.

Attached: sexbot.jpg (956x534, 57K)

because ayy lmaos

Reminder that people will always be retarded and hate on something they don't like

Attached: eva not a classic.png (1572x493, 67K)

eva is shit tho

That guy used the word explain and explanation 4 times in a few lines. It gave me a headache.

it's vulgar in the wrong the way

probably I would think it's a shit evangelion ... there were a lot of them at the time

the mecha and monster design was bad.
the characters unlikeable and uninteresting exept DAAARRRIN pink hair horn girl

it was the final blow against triggers already crumbling reputation of not beeing able to make bad animu

come now, eva wasn't that good in the first place, if it came out today it would be panned as pretentious self wankery

Evangelion wasn't as cringy. Let that sink for a moment.

I loved it to pieces, but you have to admit the last ten episodes pace got completely out of hand and the ending was way too typical.

Attached: 1492152277883.png (3840x2160, 364K)

I don't think you're talking about the same Evangelion. Misato openly talking about sexually preying on Shinji wasn't cringe enough for you? Or the hospital masturbation scene? Or Shinji and Kaworu's awkward gay alien cat-murdering romance?

>Using horns to represent being horny for sex

I think you missed the point. Of the horns.

last 10? no, just the last 5. everything before ayy lamos was good

I think he means that franxx is much more melodramatic which gets more cringy as you get older.

It was a good show so now its a meme to hate.

See: every good anime ever.

The show is as empty as my sex count

Evangelion is extremely cringy but DitF goes over the fence with its characters. I get second hand embarrassment watching it's cartoonish attempt at romance. At least EVA had the decency of sinking ships in a plausible way.

Was it ever cool to hate Cowboy Bebop?

Gurren Lagan had a fucking obnoxious fanbase for the two years after it came out but I don't remember anyone hating it.

The show was good, the fandom was complete trash.

The romantic story is actually the same subtext as Panty and Stocking before Gainax was kill. You as a fan get titillated by the main best girl being a Master Slut, but the real story is a Nice Guy (tm) cures her of her slutty ways by becoming her canon OTP

I wonder what kind of message that sends about relationships, to impressionable young otaku fans

Honestly if it wasn't for the last part of the show that shat on all the build of the first 18 episodes or whatever, people might defend it. But it had to go with ALIENS

Attached: aliens.jpg (707x610, 206K)

It is a show I loved until I hated it. Ending your show in a way that makes a majority of the audience unhappy is a terrible idea and it's all this bloated pigman's fault. This is literally the face he was making during one of the special episode breaks trying to sell the show. Does this look like the face of a competent individual?

Attached: Atsushi-Dono.jpg (1431x1898, 158K)

It's a really-really bad E7 ripoff.

The mechas looked liked something out of a Megaman game.

>I wonder what kind of message that sends about relationships, to impressionable young otaku fans
BREED!

I don't think pissing off your fanbase is wrong. but the ending was very cliche, and went against the core message of the story, which was technology vs nature. by taking the choice away from humans, it reduces their responsibility in the destruction of earth. also the virm were boring as fuck and nobody wanted to see 4 episodes of fighting them

This, but they aren't ripping off the original anime but rather the movies or some shit without the happy ending.

This. I loved the show until it took the easiest, most boring and safe route and made the bad guys and "evil hive-mind from beyond the stars"
it had so much heart until after the whole Gran Crevasse thing, then it just went to shit. It was really fun to watch with Yea Forums while it aired, but thats all i can really say in its favor.

Attached: 1525571355850.png (381x856, 247K)

I'm a franxxfag but you can't really justify throwing away all the themes and decent worldbuilding towards the end in favor of going "ALIENS" over focusing on a smaller scale character drama. Still feel ripped off by it, it would have done better as a 12 episode first season with a second season that was actually planned out.

No amount of planning would save the show from jap latent inability to write.

>It was really fun to watch with Yea Forums while it aired
That's how a lot of anime originals usually are since everyone is on the same page of the story and there aren't manga/ln/wn/vn fags who know the whole story. Every week is a fresh reaction. Also helps that they are usually full stories with an ending so everyone gets to experience the climax together.

Which is why Yea Forums loves Trigger shows so much. Kyoani shows are all very pretty, but they just don't have the unpredictability and speculation that comes with Trigger shows, which are almost always original.

Literal shit show, OP. It is literally shit.

Attached: ditf.webm (1280x720, 1.55M)

Other than the meme ending i dont really hate it, but its just "kill la kill but with robots or something" in the end.

this time is warranted with that horrendous second half. I still want my time back.

I don't. aside from the obvious (botched ending, VIRM a shit) there was some missed potential. many of the show's side characters went underdeveloped, and things like the mindwipe feel like copouts to me. show would have been great if VIRM was never introduced, and instead the cast revolted against the plantation system / papa's council.

Still not as bad as
>10000 years of dogfucking

Attached: aquarion_evol.jpg (1311x809, 61K)

It wanted to be too many things for me to care, it had a whole world and clearly had a plan to explain it all over the course of the show but crammed it all in a 25 or so episode show
I really didn't care about the characters and when I did it was only when I was annoyed with what they were doing
The only episode I thought was good was the flashback episode where Hiro saved 02 as a kid
The animation and music was sometimes really good, but not enough to keep me invested

>PSYCHOSEXUAL
I wish.

Attached: 1548215807197.png (225x225, 8K)

I'm a DARK SEXUAL PSYCHO, and I'll tell you a story where I come for ages

Just like there's always retarded contranians who pretend a piece of shit is a masterpiece.

No, I would still think it's trash then just like I do now. The characters, aside from 02, were very bland. That includes Hiro himself, while he had interesting moments of psychological expression, he was your average onions boy with nothing but "muh 02" to his name. Shinji was a much deeper character when it came to his personality, an incredibly realistic depiction of the ultimate onions boy trying to deal with a harsh reality that shoved responsibility he didn't want onto him. Same with Asuka, and even to an extent Rei, Misato and Gendo. DitF is a fun ride, but it's not anywhere close to Evangelion in terms of characters and narrative.

You sound like my type

I'm angry because it was incredibly close to greatness, and then if flop'd harder than anything i have seen.

Hows the manga? Is it going anywhere different?

(cont')
DitF's main problem, and the main problem with many Trigger series, is that they have such a wide cast of characters. There's too many characters for a 24 episode series to really give a deserved insight into the protagonists personalities and feelings. Ontop of that, the main villains show up far too late, with no impactful build-up to truly express both their intentions, personalities and the reason we should dislike them in a meaningful way. While Evangelion also had a decently wide cast of characters, many of the episodes focus solely on a narrow set of them, and Gendo is set apart as an evil earlier on, while still giving him this morally grey area to sit in. this allows the audience to get a really good insight into who those characters are and connect with them and come to either despise or have genuine interest in them. DitF could have been a great series if it focused on its strong point, the relationship between Hiro and 02, not a bunch of literal whos that get maybe an episode or two of focus.

>There's too many characters for a 24 episode series to really give a deserved insight into the protagonists personalities and feelings
There's a metric fuckton of robot shows that easily do that.

A metric fuckton of robot shows are also 50 episodes.

I explicitly meant 24-26ep ones.
A fuckton of 50ep robot shows do nothing with their characters, just look at AGE or IBO.

You're watching NGE with nostalgia goggles. The first 75 percent of the series was monster of the week bullshit that got resolved in a robot vs. kaijiu battle. All the character development happened in B plots that took up less than a third of the screen time per episode.

And most of them are worse off for it. At the very least, a lot of those shows have decent mecha fights and animation. Anyone experienced with the genre knows that DitF's mecha scenes were pretty uninteresting. Which is too bad, the mechs themselves had pretty cool designs.

And, as noted, many of those shows are longer than 24 episodes, there's enough time to make the characters stand out and give insight into their backgrounds and personalities that makes them interesting for the viewer.

Bullshit, go and watch the series again, many of the mecha fight scenes take up a relatively moderate amount of screen time, and even during them there is meaningful character development that happens.

>And most of them are worse off for it
Watch more robot shows, evababby.
>At the very least, a lot of those shows have decent mecha fights and animation
Most that do have shit for characterization.
>Anyone experienced with the genre knows that DitF's mecha scenes were pretty uninteresting
They were uninteresting because the antagonists were all extremely unthreatening.

Way to try and misdirect and make this about ad-hominem instead of actually providing a counter-argument.

I've seen nearly every entry in the Gundam series and a plethora of other series like Macross, Rahxephon, Eureka Seven etc. I'm pretty familiar with the genre.

Even in series like Gundam Wing, where there's a wide cast of characters, the protaganists (Relena, Hiro) get a decent amount of development throughout, more than a few episodes each like DitF.

>They were uninteresting because the antagonists were all extremely unthreatening.
They were uninteresting for that as well as the fact that they sucked both in animation quality and the amount of hastily written asspulls.

unlike ditf*, and the antagonists (Zechs, Trieze), get a lot of development as well, in fact I would say they were more interesting than most of the cast, and were pretty good villains for it. Even if one was a literal Char clone.

Relena is a one note character whose entire trait is her hippy LOVE AND PEACE, MAN ethos. Hiro is just an edgelord with a secret sensitive side, that's a romance trope that goes back to fucking forever ago. Both of them are concepts, not developed characters.

>Even in series like Gundam Wing, where there's a wide cast of characters, the protaganists (Relena, Hiro) get a decent amount of development throughout, more than a few episodes each like DitF.
That's like the shittiest example you could've pulled out of your anus.
>They were uninteresting for that as well as the fact that they sucked both in animation quality and the amount of hastily written asspulls.
Neither mediocre animation quality nor asspuls are seldom to mecha.

> a DARK, PSYCHOSEXUAL COMING OF AGE STORY.

> Like Evangelion.

Attached: ohrdPkb.png (960x720, 1.31M)

Ha Ha Ha!
Hiro died as a worthless virgin otaku in space.
Based Nishigori once again defecating upon all those dumb morons who only want pinkhaired space waifus and getting away with it.

Relena doesn't start off as a peace loving hippy, she first goes through meeting Hiro, having her father killed in front of her, finding out about her past as a Peacecraft, all of which are in turn fuel for her eventually taking the reigns on the Kingdom and embarking on a peace mission; even then, there are moments in the series where she questions what's she's doing thanks to both Dorothy and assassination attempts on her life. At first she rejects the idea of an armed defense force for her nation, but eventually comes to understand and accept that she both needs protection and force to end the malicious intent of the foundation.

I was taking the bottom of the barrel and comparing it to DitF, and even in the case of Gundam Wing, the characters end up being more interesting than DitF, especially when it comes to the antagonists. Ergo, DitF is SHIT.

> PSYCHOSEXUAL COMING OF AGE STORY.
absolutely!
now P R O C R E A T E

Attached: abe.jpg (870x614, 37K)

>and even in the case of Gundam Wing, the characters end up being more interesting than DitF
Bootleg Dominic and Anemone are still multiple times better than anything in Wing.

It's different and better than the show. The rebellion is likely to actually happen this time. Too bad it's currently on 1-month hiatus

Attached: 1554577652384.png (822x1200, 788K)

> Hiro died as a worthless virgin otaku in space.

Attached: DNRbCpeX4AUBYL_.jpg (1200x900, 127K)

>rebellion
Everyone will die like it's IBO again.
Hands down the quickest way to end this shit.

I would argue that Trieze is a better character than either. The relationship and story between 02 and Hiro was interesting, but Hiro was a bland character himself, 02 was what really gave DitF any redeeming quality whatsoever.

Boring anime lawl. Zorome carries it
They're busy watching cartoons

Attached: AbeFacepalm.png (825x413, 400K)

I doubt Yabuki has the balls to kill off any P13 member. I will be genuinely impressed if he actually does though. Please let Futoshi be the first one to go, I hate him and so does everyone else

Attached: 1554576689451.png (822x1200, 752K)

There was only a single episode in the series where I really felt interested and impacted by 02, and that was her story as a child; funnily enough not even produced by Trigger themselves. They really shit the bed with that one.

Treize is the only fucking realistic character in Gundam Wing. A career military man who's just doing his goddamn job.

>A career military man who's just doing his goddamn job.
Watch the series again, Trieze is not just a career military man, he runs shadow plays throughout the entire series.

Because it shat the bed. It gave pointless characters way too much focus, then had to ramp up the final threat in way too short a period of time, ending with a shitty attempt to tug on the audiences heart strings which might have been more effective if they hadn't sidelined the main characters for about half the show. Darling in the Franxx had plenty of potential but it squandered all of it.

>pyschosexual
you can't just make up words Op

You can, actually.

the pilot method is so trashy for a mecha there is no taking any part of the show seriously.

Did this fucking bitch really just shit her pants and sit on it?

Whats the point of shitting yourself if you don't enjoy it?

Oh shit
Perfect thread to ask
I went full retard and downloaded this show with weird-ass subtitles. Chinese or russian or some shit
Where can I download subtitles in engrish? Like... a zip. I don't want to sift through a shitload of subtitle files from some miner sites

Reminder

Attached: SmartSelect_20190415-223518_Chrome.jpg (1510x1328, 504K)