7 months until it officially becomes anime of the decade

>7 months until it officially becomes anime of the decade
Does it feel good?

Attached: tat.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

Yeah

I can relate to MC so it's good - the series

I agree, mawaru penguindrum definitely deserves that title, however you seem to accidentally pick a wrong image user. It's ok it happens

Attached: penguindrum-4209.jpg (388x550, 63K)

Devilman Crybaby is still AOTD for me.

nah its gotta be ping pong

Almost, but not quite.

>TV
1. Kill la Kill
2. The Tatami Galaxy
3. Space Dandy
4. Mawaru Penguindrum
5. Concrete Revolutio
6. Mob Psycho 100
7. Uchouten Kazoku
8. The Dragon Dentist
9. Space Patrol Luluco
10. Ping Pong

>Movies
1. The Wind Rises
2. Princess Kaguya
3. In This Corner of the World
4. Miss Hokusai
5. The Night is Short
6. Wolf Children
7. When Marnie was There
8. Colorful
9. Giovanni's Island
10. Penguin Highway

Attached: c61a9a912076cf4cbf8a35dfbcc1a18c.jpg (722x1024, 139K)

I don't get the Space Dandy hype - it's pretty boring.

>blocks your path

Attached: HxH2011_kino.jpg (1778x2000, 1.67M)

>7 month until 2020
>7 months
>20 fucking 20

Attached: 1554835342296.jpg (919x720, 59K)

This is the best anime of all time period

>kill la kill over tatami Galaxy
This is bait.

This desu

What makes you say that? Boring is the last way I'd describe dandy.

Kill la Kill is, at best, top 50. A show with lacking 2nd half can't be AOTD.

I prefer Ping Pong personally, but really anything Yuasa deserves to be up there.

i cant think of other good shows from this decade
everything is a shitty light novel adaptation
it doesnt feel good but cheers for tatami galaxy, if not the best tv series at least the best ln adaptation

You mean 19 months.

Sorry, but it has the unfortunate luck of being made in the same decade as Disappearance.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

I would say it‘s incoherent and lacks a clear direction which makes it hard to follow which in turn makes it hard to watch

>not Steins;Gate
Come on, you know it to be true.

Movies don‘t count. They never count. Besides I would every movie of (apart from Colorful, Colorful sucked) over Disappearance (which somehow managed to fuck up the show don‘t tell principle in a movie with a very simple Plot)

The last 2 episodes are really good, the harem part was entertaining, but the school club shit was boring as fuck.

At least you're not retarded enough to put blandoka in that list.

I fail to see the appeal in wannabe arthouse nonsense in Yuasa works. All his adaptations have been horrible.

Disappearance was too concerned with being a 1:1 adaption. Preferring it to the show is a typical brainlet mistake.

Show don't tell isn't some sort of dogma. It is mostly used to avoid lazy exposition.
If the story benefits from it telling it should tell. And Disappearance definitely does benefit from Sugita's narration.

>Kill la Kill above Tatami, Penguindrum, Mob, Ping Pong

What the fuck? Do you not remember how bad some of those middle of the show episodes were? The dropped plotlines? The wasted characters? From a character design perspective its easily the most iconic show this decade but you're crazy if you think its the best one

Attached: 1458857399388.png (367x377, 175K)

Having bad middle episodes doesn't make the rest of the episodes any less great. And wasted characters and dropped plotlines are simply wasted potential not detrimental to the quality.

I can see how someone could dislike his most loose and creative adaptions, but Ping Pong is just a straight upgrade of the source material.

That doesn't make sense.
Also, in the case of KLK, the series almost completely lost its steam halfway through

The gacha spinoff is literally a last gasp attempt to drag it down and even the wildly disparate playing field

Attached: Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-750x422.jpg (750x422, 75K)

Wasted characters and dropped plotlines are simply sign of how the show could be even better. The existence of them doesn't make the show worse.
And I disagree on the lack of steam.

I mean honestly these days that's hard to come by, so finding an anime that I can relate to is pretty special. OP and pic related is pretty much the only manga/anime I've felt really tried to be relatable or resonated with me in a realistic sense

Attached: 51LJ4jZj9xL._SX339_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (341x499, 40K)

>KLK had a bad second half/lost steam
How is this meme still alive?

Attached: kill-la-kill-ryumako.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

Because it's true? The Ryuuko reveal doesn't even fucking matter because she interacts with Satsuki for like 5 minutes afterwards until the epilogue, the Ryuuko angst was fucking awful, and it just moved too fast in general with not much buildup.

By klk being crap

Akashi is for

Attached: 003.webm (1920x1080, 2.43M)

based taste

Rough, violent, degrading sex.

Sorry, but if the rest of the episodes are as good as the first one, Sarazanmai will be my AOTD.
Tatami will be a close second.

Attached: 1555015395700.png (505x697, 353K)

>The Ryuuko reveal doesn't even fucking matter because she interacts with Satsuki for like 5 minutes afterwards until the epilogue,
The reveal mattered to everything she chose to do and happened afterwards, what kind of complaint is this? Even if you want to focus solely on how it affected the relationship between Ryuko and Satsuki, of course there's going to be awkwardess and their past conflicts won't simply disappear, but the dramatic irony of what happened was the turning point for Satsuki (she rebelled towards Ragyo to get revenge for her dead sister, the same person she's been fighting and using the whole time).
>the Ryuuko angst was fucking awful,
Except it wasn't. To claim otherwise is not understanding her character.
>and it just moved too fast in general with not much buildup.
The pacing wasn't really different than before. The first half had episodes that would have been 2-3 episodes arcs in any other show.
no u

>How is this meme still alive?
I know right, the first half wasn't good either

Being old and busted.

Attached: upgrade.png (726x388, 277K)

Good taste.

Attached: End8.jpg (1440x810, 228K)

Yeah, but in Disappearance they just kinda narrate Kyon‘s simple thoughts, (Name one acclaimed movie in which most of the MC’s thoughts are spelled out) They could easily have been conveyed visually. KyoAni did that amazingly in Silent Voice.
Narrated inner monologues are hugely looked down upon in cinema for a reason, they are just lazy. They work in a written medium, but not in a visual one. Disappearance is probably the worst offender in all of anime and it really didn’t need to be.

what is this anime

Good work user

Attached: 1528234525240.gif (250x255, 207K)

what a shitty taste

Goodfellas.
Fight Club.
Memento

Disappearance narration does more than simply spell out Kyon’s simple thoughts, they set the mood and is used to build suspense.
And a lot of the movie simply doesn’t work without it.
For example when he has the conversation with himself before he shoots Nagato. It doesn’t work without narration, and if that was the only time it was used it would be jarring.

From The New World is the best desu

That still leaves a slot for best anime original.

what is anime, really?

for me
I'd be fine with GuP, Penguindrum, Madoka, Non Non Biyori, or Sora no Woto being AOTD

Attached: 1533447347816.png (402x517, 143K)

>TV anime keeps getting worse
>but more and more movies come out
Is this a positive or a negative?

Attached: 2019.jpg (1050x1499, 760K)

That is some top notch bait goddamn.

>Does it feel good?

Well, how does it feel that ten years flew by and you can't remember what you did for most of it other than going to college/work?

It honestly doesn't feel good.

please

Attached: 1536693849719.jpg (1200x900, 220K)

The problem imo is it wasn't fit for a 2nd half, or at least the 2nd half it got. KLK for the most part felt like a fun aesthetic performance, not a 'serious' show show. The more seriously it wanted to be plot and character-wise over style in the 2nd half the worse it was because those aspects were never very compelling or well-planned in the first place.

Positive; It means they'd rather put money into quality releases that, although take time, are fine products that are worth the rewatch even many years afterwards.
Whereas contemporary TV anime sometimes aren't even worth the initial watch.

It's definitely more compelling than all those run-of-the-mill coming of age or self discovery stories.

KLK never had a real shift in tone, it was in equal part comedy and drama all the way through. The most "serious" episodes are right at the start, even.
>because those aspects were never very compelling or well-planned in the first place.
They were for those who were paying attention.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-16-01h47m18s127.png (1280x720, 632K)

You could argue that but we're comparing to AOTD titles, not run-of-the-mill crap.

>KyoAni did that amazingly in Silent Voice.
But Silent Voice had poor writing in comparison on top of being a rushed adaptation, you brainlet.

Tatami, Mob, Ping Pong and other popular contenders have those basic plots. Most of them do a very good and unique job at them but it still means that once you have seen a bunch of 'em they do very little for you. Meanwhile I can watch KLK over and over again and engage with the plot because it's more driven on motivations and got a simple big bad.
You do have other types of anime of course but most of them have more flaws to me. Except for Madoka which should be the actual AOTD.

Sure but I mean how plot-centric it was. There was a better sense of containment in the first half. The succeeding twists and all the developments felt unplanned and unconvincing, like improve. A problem with the other two-cour trigger shows.
I would consider those shows handling themselves certainly better than KLK.
>Except for Madoka which should be the actual AOTD.
lel

>I would consider those shows handling themselves certainly better than KLK.
Even if that was true, that doesn't mean they are more interesting/engaging to watch.
Anyways, I like it especially because it can tell a story like this in such a over the top fashion while tying some of the themes with the nature of the show itself.