I started watching this anime after having it on the backlog for a while...

I started watching this anime after having it on the backlog for a while. I've seen the manga being recommended to me on various sites so i watched the first episode. I'm having a problem with it and it is named Reigen. It feels to me like he is the Rick of this series and i couldn't go past that character to enjoy Rick and Morty and i cannot get past this guy here. Is there any character developing or at the very least he becomes less important or will i get stuck with this guy for the whole run? I am really trying to watch this show.The premise seems like fun

Attached: 61O16Y7ZorL.jpg (333x500, 64K)

>Is there any character developing
Yes. Season 2.

Okay, but what is your problem with Reigen though? All that you've given us to work with is a comparison that I feel is rather baseless. If theres any Rick in the series, it's Dimple.

Mob fucks old men for fun

I think you're projecting

I guess its the trope with the guy that is actually a fraud and he slips away from any inconvenience that comes towards him by using the airheaded simpleton. I know i haven't seen much of the series but it seems like i'm in a not taking this shit kind of mood from these kind of characters.

Coming from someone who also disliked Reigen when I first watched the series I can say he's definitely not a static character. He goes through a good amount of development and he's now one of my favorites.

he doesn't slip away from anything, one of the best arcs in the series is all those things he did came back full power at him, and he doesn't have anyone to help him.

After the first episode, Reigen shows his better side. Although he uses Mob, he gives him helpful advice.

>comparison to Rick and Morty
You don't deserve to watch this show.

Thats the comparison that came in my mind. Not even the biggest of trolls could come to that one so i think i said what i think without being taken for a troll. Also seeing that people genuinely answered like i think people understood what i meant. I will continue watching it and hoping that this annoying feeling disappears. Mob discussion i guess since it has a second season, right?

Next time maybe try using a comparison people outside of Yea Forums and reddit can understand.

Mob>saitama

If you feel the anime dragging too much just watch the recap, it's pretty good but from Reigen point of view, not the real story but it works if you want to jump to season 2, which is overall better except the ending which is mediocre at best.

I cannot fathom how you came to that conclusion unless "shady male character older than the MC" is enough of a similarity for you to classify them as being the same. Reigen plays the most entertaining part in season one and his relationship with mob in the first season as well as an arc in the second season are some of the most relatable and emotionally resonant things the show explores. It's literally all based around how somebody can still be good person, maintain worthwhile relationships, and grow despite their inherent personally problems that at some point simply must be accepted as part of a compromise in how you view them.

Whats there to not understand. I found the character of Rick annoying after one episode and my mind quickly made the parallel to this guy. I know as much about Rick as most people who didn't watch the show or just glanced over when others were watching it.
I actually agree. Couldn't get past episode 5 or 6 in one punch man. I feel like i could watch this on the premise alone even with a character that i don't enjoy

>I'm having a problem with it and it is named Reigen
He is the best character, just wait.

Attached: reigen.png (436x454, 237K)

>It's literally all based around how somebody can still be good person, maintain worthwhile relationships, and grow despite their inherent personally problems that at some point simply must be accepted as part of a compromise in how you view them.

Do you really feel the need to make me cry at work user?

>autistic depressed genius
vs
>charismatic conman
kys OP

Gomen desu. If remenicing about the themes of the show being recanted in my vague as fuck summary is enough to make somebody tear up, that should speak volumes about how well written and relatable it is. Anybody who has had a mentor figure (or any kind of relationship) in their life with any sort abrasive personality traits that did not outweigh the positive results of your relationship should be able to relate to this.

Sorry to tell you this user, but watching a single episode of two TV shows is not enough to reliably know whether or not two characters are similar at all.

Honestly by reading my comments and putting myself in the shoes of a third party i can't blame you for thinking that.

You should watch OPM S2 instead. It has way better production value.

stop whining and just fucking watch it

I do not recommend following this guy's advice.
The payoffs that happen in the second season are made stronger precisely because of the great set up in the first season. Nothing is filler. It's all a part of the overarching narrative and as the story progresses, early plot threads develop into something better and better, which is why a lot of people consider the second season better (and which is why a lot of people will consider the third season the best if we have one).
Also I feel like the final episodes work a lot better when viewed in one sitting.

Rick isnt like that tho, i dont see the comparison

I didn't meant it as first choice, I have seen a lot of people dropping the anime because the first few chapters are too slow, between dropping and watching the recap I recommend the later since the recap came out, most of the people I recommended that liked it when they couldn't stand the anime.

Oh, well then yeah I guess if you dislike it so much that you're thinking about dropping it the recap is a good option.

Attached: daabdebc3585d053c29a6d7b10e6766f0492f7556a4679e6a1d0712e1ad4c4f2.jpg (650x720, 167K)

very shitty friends, they wouldn't watch JoJo either. (also I want to cum on Tome's bellybutton while she's taking a nap during summer vacations).

I love Reigen.

We know Mob

Same, one of the most entertaining and likeable characters in the series for me

Sometimes I forget how much people crave immediate gratification. I admit that the first few episodes of Mob might not be the greatest, but I'd really be kicking myself if I missed out on the whole story because I wasn't instantly entertained. Although I guess in the world of anime, there are so many shows to watch, not everyone has time to dedicate to slogging through things that they aren't interested in.
I'm just always afraid of missing out on something great due to a bad first impression.

>they wouldn't watch JoJo either
>114 episodes
Can't blame them honestly

>Yea Forums comparison
Bro, you lost yourself.

>not liking Reigen

That's some terminal case of shit taste you have there OP