Shokugeki no soma

What makes this stupid premise work so well?

can any subject matter be a GOOD battle shonen/eechi show?

Attached: Sōma_Yukihira_(anime).png (1600x900, 2.03M)

Why do you think that the premise of a cooking show is stupid?

Is not working anymore.

I think the premise in shows like Kakegurui and this where there is this giant school in which EVERYTHING is decided by "insert subject matter" is stupid, but it workes here, where kakegurui fails imo.

>he doesn't know

It's fucking shit now El hermano killed it

no user, erina bullshit family drama kill the series

It went to shit a year ago.

Animeonly detect.

The premise of a show really doesn't matter much. It's all in the execution. You could make a great and a bad anime/movie/book out of the same premise.
Also posting best girl.

Attached: 5688-247896463.jpg (656x650, 58K)

El Hermano is the stick that beat the dead horse

It only worked for the first 3 eisodes. All the show has going for it is the humorous and unlikely juxtaposition of ecchi, cooking and battle shounen and it relies on the humour of this juxtaposition as its only merrit. It baffles me how people can go through an entire seaason of this repetitive shit without getting bored of it, let alone be excited by a second season. The "joke" that this engire series encompasses is only worth a single comic strip.

Otaku are legit the most retarded consumer group on earth.

Satan please.

Sad but true

The manga stopped "working" 50 chapters ago.

>work so well

You only just started the series, did you not?

souma was good when it was a sports series. it became shit the second it started acting like a battle series.

It stopped working when Azami was introduced into the story. El HERMANO was just the cherry on top of this whole shitfest.

I enjoyed Kakegurui very much.

Still not Erina's fault and she was one of the only things that kept it readable during the Azami arc.

Because the stakes aren't life threatening nor will change your life completely. Yeah you could get expelled and that's sucks, but it's not that serious.
There was only one instance were the stakes got into "change your life" territory and that was the Souma vs Giganigga shokugeki. It worked there because it was the first and only time we see something like it happen and it had a nice build up.

And now I'm sad because it made me remember the manga used to be so good.

Attached: 1550127752454.jpg (1167x1083, 354K)

This