JoJo

Why is part 5 so dull?

Feels like Stardust Crusaders except instead of travelling across a continent and encountering assassins, they're just travelling across one country and encountering assassins

It also doesn't that Gio is one of the worst JoJo's, even Araki didn't consider him his favourite protagonist of part 5

Attached: People+say+its+the+weakest+part+but+i+blame+that+_956e49cbfed676944880d8295a355e72.png (655x914, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3UcpTSEBnDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The characters are just poorly fleshed out and the personality MC originally has gets pushed to the back as the story goes on. It’s just as formulaic as part 3 but with less interesting and lively characters. GioGio is the most boring Jojo out of them all

Main protagonist is just too strong, like dragon ball z strong it's just not fun to read and watch.

True, but the song is fantastic.
I like it when the piano plays when Final Boss Giorno revealed his "Aizen's Illusion"

its not like giorno isn‘t fighting for his life most of the part

>fighting for his life
He can create body parts and heal himself, his life is never in any danger.

>The characters are just poorly fleshed out
the core cast was too large, I get why it's done, so some can be killed off but it doesn't matter if you don't care too much about them

Stone Ocean ending be like:
youtube.com/watch?v=3UcpTSEBnDg

Huh?

>most of the part
I don't think he's even involved in half the fights

When is new Jojorion in Engrish

part 1 > part 5?

eh its nice.
you are just a hater

1. Giorno loses his established personality traits after Black Sabbath fight.
2. Too many characters. 3 is a magic number, we get 6, we drop Fugo, but then Trish gets more development so we're back at 6 again until they finally start dying. That's a lot for such a small part.

In Stardust Crusaders we had 5 and then 6, you're right. But one of them is Joseph, who already had his development and doesn't need that much more. One is a pupper who's treated differently and doesn't show development until his solo fight and then his final fight.
And still, Jotaro takes the center stage for most scenes, he's definitive protagonist.
Jotaro is intelligent and strategic, his arguably ability-less stand is an advantage for sure, but most fights start with enemies already knowing that and doing their best to avoid close quarters combat with him. (Also he's slower and weaker than Silver Chariot in some respect).
3. Weak motivation for main protagonist's main goal. He thinks gangsters are cool because one of them helped him. So he becomes a gangster. But the real main goal is defeat the Boss and stop drug trade, which is the goal mainly motivated by Bruno. He's the one who suffered from the drug trade, it's his arc. Giogio kind of just reads his mind somehow and decides to butt in on this train. It's weird.
9. Poor pacing, everything happens within one week, fight after fight with little storytelling between Trish joining and Doppio reveal. Anime even cuts out some Bucci team character scenes while adding Hitmen Team character scenes, which I find to be in favor of fanservice more than actual storytelling.
It's a cool flashy part with exciting fights, but I find myself really not caring about protagonist and his motives after first 3 episodes. Buccellati and Narancia get more out of me, and of course Doppio's inner conflict with his antichrist persona is the sauce.

Exactly. I like that they all got their backstories established but they never gave them the space to grow beyond that and that drowned out the potential for main characters. I aouldve been happier if Gio, Trish, and Bruno were the main cast and the rest of the gang took a back seat instead they basically take turns being the MC which leaves them poorly developed

part 5 is just the Teen Titans of jojo change my mind

What is that even means user-sama

I remember enjoying teen titans when i watched it, i dont get this

You're supposed to feel bad for enjoying it
It's new therefore it sucks

Its about a guy raised by Batman somehow being the best member of a group of people that include female teen Superman, The daughter of Satan, a guy who can transform into animals and Cyborg?

I don't think the cast is too large, it's just that all of them have very muted personalities. They're all quite serious most of the time. They barely even seem like friends.

spin off of main hero series (justice league/stardust crusaders) starring younger literatelywhos that have weirder powers and more of a reckless attitude.

>They barely even seem like friends.
This is the issue. The series pushes that they're all here to follow Bruno, which is fine considering that this is a fairly admirable goal and shows the skill of Bruno to get different people of different walks of life to work together even if they're not entirely friends.
However, the series tries to push that these people like eachother but then at every single moment they're immediately doubting each-other and presuming they're lying the moment someone is acting odd instead of implicitly trusting the person that has fought alongside them this entire time.

it was poorly animated, and some scenes were cuts

Attached: rn1dau1ztrt11.jpg (643x1034, 192K)

>lack of suspicion

That's just called "idiot ball". Someone has to be an idiot for Talking Head to work and progress the fight. It has nothing to do with trust.

WRYYYYY

>tfw Bucciarati is a more likable character than Gio
Gio's motivation to do what he's doing is incredibly shallow (I want to be a gangstar because this one gang member made a really big impression on me when I was younger)

He wants to stop allowing the gang to sell drugs to kids. THINK OF THE KIDS MAYNE

Attached: A2913844-E8E7-4F48-9DFA-3697EFF07552.jpg (750x882, 250K)

>and some scenes were cuts
Really? i don't have any memory of that, then again i read the manga way too long ago.

Okay part 5 has its flaws but I've never felt the characters weren't fleshed out or anything. If anything they seem like they have a lot of nuance amongst them and intrigue that makes them far more interesting writing-wise compared to Part 4's cast, even if their personalities are less wacky and fun. Even Trish for being a plot device has a pretty nice development curve and manages to be interesting in her own right. The notable exception I think is poor Giorno himself.

Complaints about cast bloat are right though, this part still has too many characters for how short it is.

>dull
I wild ride in a beautiful country with the best jojocrew, the best jojobros (Bucciarati, Mista, Narncia), the best stand fights and the best pacing?
>dull

Attached: 5616.jpg (1600x900, 677K)

literaly all of that is wrong, a lot of the stands were pretty boring compared to previous parts

this

>best pacing
lol

Black Sabbath, Green Day, The Grateful Dead, King Crimson, Little Feet, Metallica, Notorious B.I.G, Purple Haze, Sex Pistols, Spice Girl, Sticky Fingers, White Album
>boring
Did you even read Vento Aureo???

elaborate please
part 1 and 2 are too short to have a pacing
part 3 has practically no other resolution in every fight than ORAORAORAORAORA
part 4 is full of filler and useless fights

I didn't say ALL, just a lot of boring ones compared to other parts, it feels like a much higher %

>part 1 and 2 are too short to have a pacing
because they're short and only a few villains they have great pacing
in 3, after each fight they move onto a different country so it feels like progress is being made
4 is SOL style so filler makes sense

>more boring stands than part 3
lol

in part 5 they move onto a different beautiful locations like Venice, Rome or Sardinia
part 3 is set in shitty 3rd world countries
>SOL style
nice excuse for shitty pacing

in part 3 and 4 Araki was just warming up with his stands
he did his best in part 5 and 6

>part 3 is set in shitty 3rd world countries
they're unique for anime though

>part 4 is full of filler
I'll never understand this argument. Literally all the JoJo parts save for maybe Parts 1 and 2 are 90% random stand fights which you could cut from the plot without problems. What makes Part 4 more filler-y?

>What makes Part 4 more filler-y?
After Kiras introduction the plot kinda stops and the tone gets lighter for a while. Early on the plot also stops for a bit before it starts up again too

The random stand fights in other parts are realted to the story (the assassins from part 3 and 5)

>part 4 is full of filler and useless fights
Many enemies of the week become recurring characters in part 4 though, so it actually ends up with very little filler due to that.

speedreader/watcher

>3 is a magic number
Oh, I can make shit up too!
Donut hair was used as a punishment by ancient vampire Aztecs for being stupid

by your logic part 6 is the same

Part 5 is Part 3 done right.

then why is part 3 the most popular and loved?

Because Jotaro
Because DIO

45678???

They cut the scene of Bruno bullying the airport guards. It showed that he had a goofy side even after death, but the anime cut it

The best Jobro is Gyro and will always be Gyro.