The only good Macross

The only good Macross

Attached: macross_plus1.jpg (424x580, 60K)

HI TO TSU

I don't think i ever actually watched the movie version, how does it compare to the OVAs? I thought the OVAs were pretty shit.

I thought the 1st series was really good. The last three episodes were meh.

Attached: 1535365330109.jpg (627x509, 30K)

I wish Sharon mind controlled me.

Attached: sa.jpg (816x1123, 215K)

That’s 7 you barney

That's not DYRL

Yeah it's an movie that actually has good animation

>animation quality is the only thing that matters about animated works

It's like i'm really on Yea Forums

It was boring.
And the original was really good.

Attached: planet dance.jpg (640x480, 58K)

They were all pretty good.
>decent to good worldbuilding, epic space opera
>mostly decent to good characters
>consistent continuity, minimal retcon
>decent to excellent ost
>detailed mechas with consistent design principles

Attached: mikumo1.webm (720x576, 2.02M)

>this was considered attractive in 1994

Attached: 56673.jpg (225x350, 31K)

that poster looks cool as fuck. picked up.

DYRL is absolute shit. It's not even worth watching for it's animation because there are a lot of other anime with as good or better animation. The series does the story much better. DYRL offers nothing you can't get with other anime.

REMEMBER 16

What happened to Macross?

Attached: 1551728263700.jpg (1680x943, 197K)

Kawamori got old and jaded. But fuck the haters, i loved delta. It had strong themes, and almost no anime have strong themes anymore.

Attached: lookatthisfaget.webm (852x480, 547K)

Zero may be an inferior copy of Plus, but if you stop comparing it to Plus, it is impressive and worthwhile in its own right. I also liked Macross Dynamite 7, which btw has the most baller OP. DYRL suffers from its script but is a fun watch anyway.

In that case, don't bother with the movie. A few scenes are changed around, but at it's core, it's the same thing.

Attached: Cock alignment.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

>It had strong themes,
It was an awful execution and cheap tricks. And I'll never forgive the old fuck for not doing another breakdance scene.
The music was great tho.

it had the strongest start of any of the series, and did not get mired until about ep 15 or so.

It had a great start and fell apart right after the pineapple salad.

Nah. Prepare your anus and shitty opinions for the OBJECTIVE MACROSS RANKING:

>Good
SDF and DYRL
7 and Dynamite
Plus

>Meh
Zero
Frontier

>Shit
Lovers Again
Delta

Attached: 1537559807156.jpg (989x768, 445K)

DYRL
more like
DYEL amirite?

Nah DYRL is a variation that means "do you REALLY lift" bro?

lovers again had a spectacular ost, that alone makes it not shit
delta also wasnt really shit, it had many issues and the villains were bad, but it did a few things very well that we didnt get from other macross. also not shit

>lovers again had a spectacular ost, that alone makes it not shit
You're hearing it now. That's the only good thing about it, though.

Attached: OP start 2 nosound.webm (1440x1080, 2.78M)

All hyperbole aside I don't really think there's anything that is straight up garbage in the Macross franchise, but regardless I can't really find much to love about Lovers Again, even the music. I can give Delta having a couple cool songs and pretty colors, but not much else.

What are the things you say Delta gave us that we "didn't get from other Macross", other than the dancing variable fighter that turned out to be completely irrelevant?

delta had a thematic subtext running through it - centred entirely around freyja. she will die at 30 (delta was around the 30th anniversary), but she fulfills her destiny completely. her romance arc is also pretty much the only one in macross that ends well. freyja is symbolic of the macross franchise.

That's an interesting read but given that the series didn't die at 30 (in fact the next series is confirmed and the mobage is doing pretty well) and that I wouldn't really say it fulfilled its maximum potential, the whole parallel seems like kind of a stretch to me.
Even if we accept that this was the intention of Freyja's story I don't see how that leads to any interesting message. But that would indeed be something none of the others series had going for them, so at least I'll admit you're right about that.

ofc macross could continue well into the future, but i think these themes are from kawamori's pov. he had 30 fantastic years on macross and it was a huge success on every front.

Attached: 43Cvtfv.jpg (640x360, 46K)

I still don't think this makes the show itself more enjoyable, but fair enough.

Man, can't wait to hear her songs.

like i said, you have to watch it entirely from freyja's position as protagonist. this singular focus isnt like other macrosses.