When the fuck did you start watching anime?

When the fuck did you start watching anime?
What the fuck was your first anime?
If you have an interesting fucking story tell it if you don't shut the fuck up.

Attached: animanga-1_305579.png (1280x720, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eI-shoahY0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please stop swearing, you’ll scare off the advertisers.

Um...does watching Pokemon as a kid count ?

If not, then I'd have to say Naruto was my first anime and I watched it when I was like 10 (although I don't really like it anymore now that I've watched other series, it still holds a special place in my heart as such)

On a side note, I've also actually watched To Love-Ru (the anime pictured in OP's post) back when I was 13. You got good taste, OP

I transitioned from cartoons to anime with rwby.
Its not as bad as people say, but it does have a very heavy american influence.

If Robotech that I watched in Kindergarten doesn't count as anime then the first one I watched was Blue Gender on the Sci-fi Channel back when I was 18.

Attached: yande.re 39507 armor blue_gender kaidou_yuuji kizaki_fuminori marlene_angel mecha sword.jpg (2523x3299, 1.39M)

My dad introduced me to Astro-Boy and Speed Racer, and I went from there.

February 2017
Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Was interested in the then-upcoming shitty live-action adaptation so I watched the original, Innocence and SAC and realised anime is not just battle-shounen shit.

The first subbed show I ever watched was Seto no Hanayome. Not a bad start.

aside of the stuff that was aired on TV, one time a friend of mine told me to go on kazaa (yeah.....) and look for "final fantasy unlimited". wich i did. then i seached deeper then finally went on a fansub site (soldats.net) back in the time. it went downhill from there. thx god finding anime is easier than it was 15 years go

Context for
youtu.be/eI-shoahY0U
Eventually I switched to subs

I was talking with my online friends in.a chat. We met while working on a huge mod. We never did finish it since we were too incompetent and retarded (I was underage too), but I still look upon our tals fondly.
One day they started discussing anime in there. I remember saying something like I always figured all anime was kinda like Pokemon. The next moment I realised I was saying something retarded, so that moment I decided to get into anime and asked them for advice. Since I was a vidya addict dismissing a medium due to preconceptions was kinda a big deal for me.
One of them mentioned Eva, and immediately got told watching it as a first was a terrible idea (which is why I decided to watch it immediately), and also the hipster of the group (we were all pretty hipstery, though) mentioned King of Bandit Jing. I never finished watching Eva, but I did get to like Episode 16 or so, after which it just was too depressing for me to watch (also I didn't get the point since I only wanted to see giant robots fight, and Eva was like constant blueballing and scolding for me). King of Bandit Jing I did think was really fun, even if I really didn't get what was going on mid-season, probably because of shoddy translations, I was an ESL and our translation scene kinda sucks.
Overall, I did like what I saw so I carried on. Don't remember what I watched after.
In retrospect, the FIRST anime I watched Puss in Boots by Toei, the on on their logo, but I never knew or cared before I got into anime. Also, I occasionally watched Naruto and something else, I think, on night TV, though I could only do it occasionally and I didn't follow through on that. I did enjoy them at the time. I thought Naruto setting was very creative.

Absolute first anime was dragon Ball Z when I was 9, it aired on TV.
Absolute first anime that I went ahead and watched on my own was Kaichou-wa maid sama. It hit my teenage hormone filled brain really hard, I wanted a girl so bad, the desperation for love, it was pitiful.
Then I watched school days and the decapitation scene sent me into a trance like state from the shock.
It was then I decided that women ain't worth shit.
I made a tool to scrap download link from kissanime so I don't have to download 1GB+ video files from torrent

I started watching anime as a kid.
My first was probably dragon ball but there were a lot more airing on tv.
I dont remember which anime was the first I watched subbed but the first subbed anime I watched were bleach, elfen lied, genshiken, school rumble and green green so it had to be one of these.

Attached: 1550525329916.jpg (1018x911, 90K)

Early 90s. My eldest brother's nerd friend had a VHS of The Fist of the North Star. I remember that for all the gore and violence the only time I felt I should cover my eyes was when Julia got nekky for a sec in Shin's palace. I also saw Starbirds (Daimos), Warriors of the Wind (Nausicaa), Robotech and Patlabor roughly around this time, but I think I rented those from California Video so FotNS likely came first. Yeah, thinking about it, that would have to have been a couple years later.

Even then, I don't think I was familiar with the word "anime" for a while yet. Not until I saw Sci-Fi channel's advertisement for its Saturday Anime block. Caught Galaxy Express 999, AKIRA, and Iria Zeiram on that. Good stuff. I think the first anime I watched on normal TV was Ronin Warriors or Dragonball, and the first one I talked about with kids my own age was DBZ in middle school.

Attached: 4.jpg (321x240, 28K)

I watched a little bit of anime like Pokemon and stuff as a kid. I was more interested in Japanese games, but I knew that a lot of them took inspiration from anime. Watched Dragon Ball Z Kai when it aired on nicktoons, that was the first anime I ever diligently completed. When it really started though was Steins;Gate. I had shit internet at the time, so I ended up learning to pirate, and really thats where I dove down the rabbit hole. Being able to get any series I wanted and watch it latency free once it finished downloading opened the flood gates and I started watching more and more. I think the summer of that year I watched more than 50 series, though looking back I didn't have a filter for dropping trash shows yet, so I finished several shows that nowadays I wouldn't get through the second episode of.

>When the fuck did you start watching anime?
I'm peruvian, I been watching anime since I was in my dad balls.
>What the fuck was your first anime?
How the hell can anyone answer this, my guess would be Pokemon, but I used to watch Locomotion because I thought the "cartoons" were cool, there was this show about policewomen I always watched there, don't remember much about it now though. First anime on a computer would be R.O.D TV and first anime on MY computer was Dokuro-chan.

>Locomotion
Man, that brings memories. Also Magic and Fox Kids.

First anime was Haruhi back when E8 was airing because I had to see why this shit was spilling into every other goddamn board. Took a while before I started following seasonal anime though.

>mfw you can never leave this place

>RWBY

There are so many things I would tell you, but at the end I don't think is worth the time.

>Urotsukidoji.
Can't remember exctly when, probably around 16-17 years ago.
A friend of a friend came visiting and he brought allong several anime series on VHS and
this was one of them, and the first one we watched.

Watched Evangelion, Gundam Wing, Orphen, Doraemon, DBZ, Conan and Arale when I was a kid.
Started watching anime again back in 2010, thanks to HOTD and Haruhi.
Almost a decade later and I'm nearing 700 completed shows.

I started watching anime in 2013. My first anime were Steins;Gate and Death Note xD
I wish this was a joke.

Attached: DlT3BITV4AA-0nd.jpg large.jpg (750x962, 81K)

January 2016
Lucky Star was my first, kinda wish I got into anime earlier.

Attached: Lucky FC.png (512x512, 197K)

When I was in middle school.
My first anime was KissXsis.
My friend recommended it. On first I was put off by how lewd it is. I just thought "oh, so this is so called ecchi?". But then I gave it another try and loved it. It's still the best ecchi I've ever watched.

Attached: Kiss.X.Sis.full.1067874.jpg (738x801, 111K)

>When the fuck did you start watching anime?

>What the fuck was your first anime?
PSG or Azumanga Daioh, don't remember.

>If you have an interesting fucking story tell it if you don't shut the fuck up
It ruined my fucking life.

First anime was either pokemon or Princess Mononoke (which as a kid i thought was an unfunny cartoon)
First anime when i knew what anime was, was Bleach.
First real anime was either Cowboy bebop or Death Note

Oreimo was my first anime. I watched it because of memes on Yea Forums

Attached: oreimo2_8-1.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

You posted my first mango
OG of course, not darkness

Knowing it was anime? 2004, probably Love Hina or Chobits

VHS
>Ryu the Primitive Boy
>starzinger
>Cobra
>and one about a samurai trying to find a lost treasure, falling inlove with his female enemy, only to find out they are siblings at the final bossfight
>Moomins
so about the early 90s

later got hooked on LoveHina, and its slippry slop from there on

Attached: 1512498962440.jpg (1380x1178, 689K)

First manga?
Ranma in the late 90s.

First anime when I was too young to know what anime was?
Mysterious cities of Gold or Gigantor

First real anime
The 80s version of bubblegum crisis or Nedesico or outlaw star.

>find my Dad's Viper RSR discs
>oh shit what is this? start playing when he's at work.
>get to first rape scene
>wow, this is real culture
been watching animations ever since.

If you didn't start watching anime before dvd was a viable replacement for vhs and LD, you should be bannable off Yea Forums and the whole internet, but I don't make a rules. And hiroshima just sells our data.

Honestly I probably into Anime about 4 or 5 years ago, probably less than that with the Death Note and Bleach mangas, then Animes in the same month, I was introduced to them by friends, yes I know I'm a newfag zoomer

>2004
>Maria-sama ga Miteru
Honestly, I can't for the life of me remember how it came about. It was the 3rd episode of series 2, because why the fuck not.

probably in 1998 when i was 4 watching doraemon at tv on sunday morning

There's a secret anime club under Nipponbashi that you can only get into if you show them your copy of the Daikon IV laserdisc.