Just finished episode 1 and I feel meh about it

just finished episode 1 and I feel meh about it
does it get better or do I have shit taste?

Attached: 383738.jpg (1280x868, 181K)

If it's meh for you at the start, it will keep being meh later.

You have shit taste.

This. If it doesnt make you feel like its gonna be a hell of a ride since the beginning, i dont ser how your enthusiasm for this anime Will improve.

well most animes I enjoy now were pretty lame at the start

It get a little better at ep 6

Attached: 1555111724273.jpg (1250x1450, 684K)

Watch the movie first. If you don't love the movie, then drop it all together.

I don't get fags who watch one ep of something and feel they can decide if something is good. Like nigga what do you expect is going to happen in the first ep of a series? With the exception on one or two "cool" moments to keep the viewer invest its all going to be explanations,expositions and setup.

some shows make an effort to keep the audience hooked from episode 1, others don't, and I'm just asking to see if it's worth it or not
I don't see how my question isn't valid

Post this again tomorrow but say "marathoned" instead of "finished".

I'd say go past the initial battle because it is kind of just dull spaceship explosions. Watch it to get a grasp on the characters and their motivations. If you're still not interested by that point, feel free to stop.

You can get a grasp on the sort of setting, characters and style of writing form a single episode. Like, I usually try to give a product benefit of the doubt and go past it and sometimes it can surprise me, but when I watched the first episode of Guilty Crown I knew full well what I was in for and that there was absolutely no point in trying to watch it further.

I've given too many chances to mediocre shows that say mediocre for all their run. LoGH isn't one of them, it's great even at the beginning if it's your kind of show.

The first episode isn't that good but it should still be enough to be able to tell if its your thing or not. Alternatively watch the movie since it was just a more extensive version of the first two episodes anyways (I think)

You sound like the kind of fag who watches popular things solely to shit on them though so I wouldn't hold my breath

Trying to give a second chance to Darling in the Franxx played the most cruel joke on me. The first episode looked like absolutely mediocre cliche shit, but then for several episodes it became a really interesting and insightful allegory on sexual relationships and their functional value to society at large. And then it nosedived, going through boring aimless teen drama, right to become the worst story written on planet Earth.

>then for several episodes it became a really interesting and insightful allegory on sexual relationships and their functional value to society at large

Attached: 1548431498437.png (717x720, 1.01M)

It's the kinda story where you definitely get more invested and interested the further in you get, as you learn more about the characters and the world. It doesn't have a POW factor to get you hooked. That being said, I recommend you to keep watching and see how it feels but even then it might not be your cup of tea.

This, but instead of "episode 1", say "the first 25 minutes".

>starting with episode 1

Judging an OVA of over 100 episodes based on episode 1 is not a good idea.

I just checked my calculator and it's literally less than one percent of the series. Not fair to judge the whole thing based on that.

If the first episode is full of exposition you know the writer is a retard and you can move on.

It does get better and you have shit taste.

Attached: meme.png (389x540, 295K)

You have shit taste AND you should be watching the movie Overture to a New War before the series retard. It replaced the first two episodes.

Genuinely watch DnT instead. The old OVA is filled with tons of anime original weirdness that's worth watching, but DnT is a much better put together ride for what's currently out.

>Like nigga
Fuck off you twitterfaggot

>it became a really interesting and insightful allegory on sexual relationships and their functional value to society at large.
Syop cringe posting and go have sex already.

I remember it required me 50 episodes until I enjoyed the show
10/10 would recommend

Watching the first episode I was really bored of it as well, just some random space battle where the fleets formed a circle and slowly hit each other in the ass before going their ways. That fucking sucked. But once it got to the civilian planets and I got to see Yang and Reinhard in their civic environments and learn about their struggles and clashing political outlooks I was hooked. It ended up becoming my favorite anime.

>"A name? How about... "The Rebel Fleet""
>"The Rebel Fleet?
>"Yes, hahahahaha"
This was the moment when hype kicked into the redline for me, bros

we're doing this rebel thing for shits and giggles amirite lmaoo

I was referring to when Reinhart designated the High Nobles as the "Rebel Fleet", not Dustys "Floppery and Whim"

>The first episode looked like absolutely mediocre cliche shit, but then for several episodes it became a really interesting and insightful allegory on sexual relationships and their functional value to society at large.
You're an imbecile

It's not about being "meh" or "having shit taste". It's about being so lazy that you expect an anime to be super interesting starting from episode 1, which is really hard to accomplish because it takes time to set up all the things right. Can you just be more patient and watch the whole thing and and the end draw a final conclusion.

Too much filler about what strategies people are going to use IMO, and the character arcs are thrown away too easily. But it was enjoyable for the 24-ish episodes I stuck with it. It's very much along the same lines as the first few episodes, though.

Read War and Peace if you like this anime, btw. It's basically the same thing, except not in space and better.
Imagine being so up your own arse you type a post like this out.

Watch the movies first, they're a much better introduction.

Which is if I remember correctly the same name of the free planets alliance in japanese

Subs even make it a point.
I don't know, it was after the whole invasion arc but that scene really got to me.
Had a
>New era begins
vibe i guess

How is it comparable to War and Peace? The focus of War and Peace is normal people's lives in the time of war. The focus of LoGH is lives of the people who drive and define the war, which is why there's so much time spent on their ideologies and ambitions. The only character in War and Peace to experience ideological struggles is Pierre, depicted as a dumb impressionable young man, and the point of that is to show that for a normal person they shouldn't matter to begin with.

Their core philosophies are pretty different too, with LoGH pretty firmly in the camp that history is defined by those that make it, while War and Peace depicts history as much more immutable, with the events more of an effect of the times, then the cause.

I'm surprised this is even a question. They both focus on the lives of the aristocracy (not normal people) during the Napoleonic wars (okay, LoGH is set in space, but it's also Napoleonic), with an emphasis on relationships and grand narratives of history. is right; they're both looking at how history works.

Like, yeah, they are different works by different authors with different characters and different conclusions, but asking how they're comparable is retarded.

My experience:
>first few episodes
Meh
>around episode 20
Hmm it's good but definitely overrated
>around episode 25
Wow it's great
>around episode 25 until near the end
Can't stop watching, marathon all the way
>after last episode
Logh is my favorite anime ever

Try the movies. The first is a prequel and the second is a remastered version of the first 3 episodes. If you're still meh it about it after that it just might not be for you.

>does it get better or do I have shit taste?
Yes.

it's an incredible series but I ended up dropping it 80 episodes in
slow moving but still worth watching for the peerless protagonists and those space cavalry battles with million of casualties set to classical music

>animes
kill yourself

The Battle of Astarte is pretty indicative for the rest of the series. And it's a low key high watermark for the show. Yang and Reinhard don't get to duke it out all that often after all.

Autism

You are why this board is dead.

It takes several episodes to introduce characters and settings. Once you get into it it's a legit space opera intertwined across the lives of many characters and plots.

it's like tea or space juice, you gotta keep drinking it for it to get good

Watch the first 2 movies instead, they're a much more engaging and interesting introduction into the series. The first season is the weakest imo, the show really picks up during the second and third.

Attached: 1377311604761.jpg (500x375, 66K)

N

Attached: 1375367261717.png (898x2895, 1.36M)

No, this anime is a massive meme. Nothing in pic related is actually worth watching.

Attached: 3x3_perfect_taste.jpg (904x904, 305K)

Huge spoiler, but a realistic representation of the LOGH experience.

Attached: 1384869960076.png (741x592, 161K)