What the fuck is this turn your brain off meme?

If you aren't enjoying anime by analyzing character motivations, plot points, framing techniques, voice acting, animation, pace and character design, you're fucking doing it wrong.

Whats the point of enjoying any media without your brain?

Attached: plustick.gif (600x338, 2.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.schillerinstitute.com/transl/Schiller_essays/naive_sentimental-1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does your gif not include the smug face afterwards? That's the best part.

About your thread, lol who cares

Yeah I think I get it now. The same cancer killing this board is the same cancer killing the anime fandom. I remember back when one of distinguishing marks of being an anime fan was recognizing how smart the medium is, but now everyone is dumb.

Attached: 93000005.jpg (417x281, 22K)

Which plastic would you fuck?

Attached: 4758-1758415490.jpg (708x548, 110K)

Get a life

Focus your brains on that instead

Fatty.

Have you ever watched a shit series ironically? Its basically that but you actually enjoy them. Its retarded, at least with the first one you have some self respect left in you.

I work really fucking hard every day and study after that. By the time i get home i'm so fucking tired that i Just want to relax.

JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF user
CEASE INDEPENDENT THOUGHT IMMEDIATELY

But I don't want to be a cumslurping faggot like the "sakuga community"

>You're only allowed to like one type of medium.
Sometimes I want to watch something that's well thought out that makes me think about the story and speculate. Sometimes I want cute girls to soothe my heart. And sometimes I just want to watch huge anime tiddies.

Attached: 1527530053567.jpg (1912x2068, 315K)

>waaaaahhh, you are enjoying anime wrong!

Wew lad

i take great pity in you, if you think this way then you clearly aren't using your mind properly, all your energy should be spent analysing the real world and pursuing goals in education and careers, anime should just be a side thing you like to watch, it shouldnt detract away from real life

>0 replies
op got called out on his 2nd post

on his second you*

The one that had a lot of pantyshots

If you arent thinking about anything that makes anime anime why even use that to pass the time in your miserable lives instead of any other thing? Might as well watch a hollywood movie or cartoon. You people who insist that brains should be turned off in order to enjoy this medium arent anime fans at all, you're just idiots with way too much free time. How is this even a hobby if you dont think about it?

Anime is either made or adapted with certain aesthetics in mind. Those things make it what it is, if you just want to sit in front of a screen with your tounge hanging out like a retard go watch the marvel movie.

Otaku Culture is all about obsessing over what seems to be a "mundane" hobby. Fuck this board has gone to shit. Where do you people even come from?

Attached: 1472775367085.gif (264x320, 944K)

>Fuck this board has gone to shit
>has gone
okay user, you better sit down for what I'm about to tell you.

Most people feel things like emotional resonance, tension, etc. without looking for them and some people feel that analysing works more deeply might cause them to dislike things they would otherwise enjoy because of those aspects, therefore it's in their best interests to "turn their brain off" and stop thinking about it.

Holy shit you sound like a pretentious faggi

>you are enjoying things wrong
Consider the starting point with this idea of yours.
Can't you see the fundamental flaw of believing enjoyment could be obtained in a "wrong" way?

Everything after this, having been derived from a ridiculous premise is ridiculous by extension.

It's an excuse. What they actually mean is
>I have no standards, and you have to deal with it

>I remember back when one of distinguishing marks of being an anime fan was recognizing how smart the medium is, but now everyone is dumb.
First of all, lol
Second of all, the portion of the community who goes out of their way to analyse shows has only increased over time - if you were to go back 10+ years Yea Forums was anti-elitist by current standards

consider the fact that you are on a board for discussing anime and yet there exist drones who deny themselves the means through which to discuss it

Im not on a soapbox on broadway telling you to pay better attention to japanese animation, Im on an anime board, on an anime website, wondering why it seems like people are reveling in the idea that they shouldnt pay attention to something they claim to like.
I think I finally got that, seems like its the same fags who defend streaming
>lol
>Yea Forums
>anti-elitist
get

Anime has long become a coping mechanism for failed human beings to satisfy their unfufilled social and sexual needs through surrogate experiences. The age of anime as a form of artistic expression is gone. Capitalism trumps all dignity.

but like I may analyze the plot but not care about every single keyframe

>Whats the point of enjoying any media without your brain?
>what's the point of enjoying cake without analysing every detail of it

Detailing things "leads to hell" user, don't you get it?
Some people enjoy being active, many do not.
Those that do not usually swallow.

Attached: Baphomet.png (1737x2288, 2.04M)

>If you arent thinking about anything that makes anime anime why even use that to pass the time in your miserable lives instead of any other thing?
What makes anime anime in your opinion?
When you're consuming western media, do you think about the things that make it not anime when watching?
>You people who insist that brains should be turned off in order to enjoy this medium arent anime fans at all, you're just idiots with way too much free time.
The same logic applies to fans of every medium. It comes down to what format they like their content in, and if they like it in the form of japanese animation then they are anime fans, regardless of whether they think about what aspects that makes them prefer it
>How is this even a hobby if you dont think about it?
How is gardening even a hobby if you don't think about it? I don't understand the question.

If you are not fluent in Japanese or familiar with Japanese customs, history, and literature you can only go so far with your discussion of anime. A lot of anime scenes lose their significance with Western audiences because things like historical or literary references are lost in translation, or at least require extensive TL notes, which are pretty much a dying breed in subs nowadays.

Fuck off and listen to your emoshit music.

Attached: 1550263707162.jpg (1280x720, 429K)

>How is gardening even a hobby if you don't think about it?
Have you actually tried gardening without thinking about what you're doing? All of your shit will die, you fucking idiot.

Passive, mindless consumption is not the mark of a hobbyist.

hobby
/ˈhɒbi/
noun
noun: hobby; plural noun: hobbies
1. an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.

Where is the preclusion of "passive, mindless consumption"?

God forbid someone watched a tv show to get away from real life for a while.

Attached: I diagnose.jpg (469x453, 87K)

dumb teen

>t.english major desperately trying to justify their worthless degree

>Stop having wrong bad fun

>the le anime is deep phase
We've all been there, user. Don't worry, soon you'll be fapping to lolis and watching CGDCT exclusively

Attached: 1552262487884.jpg (767x890, 149K)

Good bait, OP. Here's another (You)

There is no preclusion but your relationship with your "hobby" is extemely shallow. Like I said, try gardening without thinking about what you're doing or trying to develop any expertise. You're going to tell me gardening is a hobby you love when you can't grow a single fucking plant without it withering and dying? That playing guitar is your hobby but you can neither play a song of anyone else's nor have any idea how to express your sonic ideas using the instrument?

Consciously engaging the medium is a prerequisite to it being a hobby and It's only consumptive hobbies that seem to be overrun by the kind of retards who seem to think letting something wash over you as background noise without any conscious acknowledgment to what is happening is somehow "engaging" in the medium.

Attached: 1550515612006.png (286x324, 73K)

>There is no preclusion but your relationship with your "hobby" is extemely shallow.
Then don't say "How is this even a hobby if you dont think about it?"

>Like I said, try gardening without thinking about what you're doing or trying to develop any expertise. You're going to tell me gardening is a hobby you love when you can't grow a single fucking plant without it withering and dying? That playing guitar is your hobby but you can neither play a song of anyone else's nor have any idea how to express your sonic ideas using the instrument?
By this view, the creators of naive art are not artists in the same way as the creators of sentimental art

>It's only consumptive hobbies that seem to be overrun by the kind of retards who seem to think letting something wash over you as background noise without any conscious acknowledgment to what is happening is somehow "engaging" in the medium.
Because it's only true in those hobbies, as they're the same regardless of the participant's actions

CGDGT is not inherently braindead, You don't need big convoluted plots, superpowers, or a world to save, in order to have the types of thoughts and discussion that having anime as a hobby requires. The entire reason why one can make so many derivative works from things like K-On, Yuruyuri, and gochiusa is because having characters with their own circumstances interact itself is substantial. Asking yourself why they interact, postulating, even inventing reasons yourself why things happen the way they do is the bread and butter of otaku culture.In order to be a part of it, in order to truly enjoy it, you cant fucking turn your brain off.

>By this view, the creators of naive art are not artists in the same way as the creators of sentimental art
This sentence is complete fucking nonsense. I don't even know how to respond to it. You're really not as intelligent as you think you are.

>This sentence is complete fucking nonsense. I don't even know how to respond to it. You're really not as intelligent as you think you are.
I don't think my intelligence is relevant.
Would you say Jackson Pollock's paintings were thought out in detail? Or that his relationship with art was "extremely shallow"?

>If you aren't enjoying anime by analyzing character motivations, plot points, framing techniques, voice acting, animation, pace and character design, you're fucking doing it wrong.
The point of turning my brain off when watching anime is so that I can get through the garbage and obtain the data necessary to properly analyse the good stuff. Anime is a popular medium, so your view of it is woefully incomplete if you try to stay high above the garbage and only view the "good" stuff. The gap between good and bad is quite narrow.

I wouldn't know, painting is not my hobby so I am not familiar with their works or process. Do you think blindly poking at fields that someone you're arguing with is unfamiliar to use as examples in order to silence them is a valid form or argumentation?

>Do you think blindly poking at fields that someone you're arguing with is unfamiliar to use as examples in order to silence them is a valid form or argumentation?
Yes I do, google is your friend. You're the one acting like not thinking about things is something that doesn't happen in other hobbies.

Hell one of the reasons I'm enjoying Isekai Quartet this season is because hearing aoi yuuki have fun with a serious type character in a non-serious environment is going to be very interesting. Her funloving protag voice and villain voice are normally so distinct and different, but the nature of the show means its bound to mix. Its going to be fun hearing biki/ringo come out of tanya.
you arent getting to any good stuff by turning off your brain

>you arent getting to any good stuff by turning off your brain
What I'm trying to get at is that to fully understand the good stuff it helps to have an understanding of the bad stuff, but to get through the bad stuff you need to turn off your brain.

Google was enough to tell me your post was fucking nonsense. Sentimentality is not divorced from the context of "naive art", and you also somehow got the idea that I was saying formal education is the only form of "engaging" in a hobby. Yiu posted a bunch of complete non-sequiturs and then hoped I'd back off if you namedropped some people I don't know about and would need to spend hours reading up on in order to confront you again. You're an intellectually dishonest sleazebag with not a single constructive thought in his head.

>but to get through the bad stuff you need to turn off your brain
thats dumb, even if you dont like a serious for x reason, you might like it for another. Hell you can even decide what to watch based on whos in it, directing it, or the source material.
every anime isnt for everyone but that doesnt mean you turn off your brain but Ill bite
name ONE bad anime

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but I very much disliked Lord of Vermillion - Guren no Ou. I still watched the whole thing through.

>Sentimentality is not divorced from the context of "naive art"
Sentimental art and naive art are literally defined as being separate from one another. The poet Friedrich Schiller coined the distinction.
>and you also somehow got the idea that I was saying formal education is the only form of "engaging" in a hobby
I didn't, I understand you meant thinking in a very general sense.
>Yiu posted a bunch of complete non-sequiturs and then hoped I'd back off if you namedropped some people I don't know about and would need to spend hours reading up on in order to confront you again.
I didn't
>You're an intellectually dishonest sleazebag with not a single constructive thought in his head.
Again with the ad hominems, you've got quite the short fuse don't you.

I don't have a brain. checkmate, faggot.

Attached: 1543465579064.jpg (715x720, 41K)

lmao, get a life virgin

Attached: makimaki.jpg (728x1032, 116K)

>you're not living your life correctly

The medium itself has dumbed down so it's no surprise. That being said, a true anime fan should be able to do both, it's entertaining to dissect the plot of a show and analize it's tropes and production values but that shouldn't be your main metric to enjoy it. Sometimes objectively bad anime turns out to he really fun and enjoyable.

It's ok to not be sheep and think about what you watch but only whining about "quality" while ignoring the appeal only makes you a self-entitled faggot.

Attached: 1535525727020.jpg (1920x1080, 517K)

>Sentimental art and naive art are literally defined as being separate from one another
>Naïve art is usually defined as visual art that is created by a person who lacks the formal education and training that a professional artist undergoes
>Sentimentality originally indicated the reliance on feelings as a guide to truth, but in current usage the term commonly connotes a reliance on shallow, uncomplicated emotions at the expense of reason.

>people without formal education are incapable of relying on feelings as a guide to truth
I see
>I didn't
You did, your bullshit rhetoric is quite transparent.

archive.schillerinstitute.com/transl/Schiller_essays/naive_sentimental-1.html
>>people without formal education are incapable of relying on feelings as a guide to truth
Who are you quoting?
>You did, your bullshit rhetoric is quite transparent.
Whatever you say.

A true anime fan should graduate from Yale and have a successful career in finance, selling opiod to jobless whitoid, or lobbying for war against Iran in Washington DC, instead of discussing anime.

The phrase "turn off your brain" is stupid in the first place.

I only think when I'm at work.

I sin't reading all that shit for reasons I already stated. If you yourself can't convey what you supposedly have learned from all your reading you are not a person worth the effort to engage.

>you are on a board for discussing anime
There are probably better places for pure discussion.
This site has always been a combination of discussion and silliness. Fun generally overrides any serious discussion.

Attached: nutbladder-kun.jpg (992x2519, 241K)

Fucking nerds go out and get some pussy or something lmao

>I sin't reading all that shit for reasons I already stated.
I posted it since you conflated sentimentality with sentimental art and got mad when I said you were wrong.
>If you yourself can't convey what you supposedly have learned from all your reading you are not a person worth the effort to engage.
No one isn't "worth the effort to engage", that's why open discourse is a thing (and you're participating in it right now).

If you "enjoy" media by pretending to be a critic, you're a brainlet

So did those folks who partook in creating naive art simply have their works appear out of thin air? If not, then they, by definition, engaged in their hobby, as much of a joke of a hobby as it is. The entire point of OP is about the scum who willingly disable what little brain power they have left in order to consume trash, not those who do not comply with those at the top of one of the most pretentious, pathetic "professions" in existence. By creating their works at all, they engaged in their hobby. By thinking of the motives of characters, consequences of actions, and other various plot, character, and development points, someone engages in the consumption of media such as anime, rather than staring at the screen, with no significant difference between them watching, or a fucking dog. Of course, you just couldn't go 10 minutes without spouting some off-topic shit about your cucked hobby like a fucking vegan, could you? You blatantly ignored the premise OP presented and then pretended that your examples were in contradiction to his statements.
P.S., there is nothing wrong with CGCDT or SoL. A light-hearted or even cutesy theme is not mutually exclusive with characters, plot, or development that necessitates viewer thought.

Attached: Commit Sudoku.png (480x550, 288K)

Except you're telling me to engage in discourse with Friedrich Schiller, not yourself. Which is not what I came to this board for.

anime journo tier OP

>he can't enjoy 40+ anime a season by tuning himself to the respective series's genres except ntr, fuck that shit

Attached: 1532258299337.png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

The hxh thread is the other way fartsniffer

Two things:
1) Only dead people have their brains turned off
2) It's not possible to enjoy an audiovisual medium without receiving and processing sensory information, a task handled by the brain
"Turn off your brain" is code for
>Please don't remind me that my lack of cognitive abilities makes me unable to understand or appreciate art and that my enjoyment is a primitive reaction to superficial stimulus

>except ntr, fuck that shit
brainlet spotted

This By spouting off some shit from another person, you're just fucking passing it off to him with a fallacious appeal to authority.

All those who enjoy NTR and even worse, all those who knowingly participate in it, -on all sides- should be gassed.

Attached: 1537311093489.jpg (680x691, 140K)

>needing a circlejerk to confirm you're smart
imagine being this insecure

Attached: 1529619986400.gif (342x350, 255K)

If you want anime for your brain go watch nothing

I think it's just a way to say don't be nitpicky and overthink things. It's completely fine to enjoy something perceived as "dumb fun".

Attached: 1398608174811.jpg (733x646, 37K)

As said you can do both. You're right in that it's impossible not to perceive and analize stuff to some degree but primitive enjoyment isn't something bad as you try to make it out to be. In fact that's one of the main goals of art itself. To go beyond our judgement and appeal to our instincts in order to provoke an emotional response.

Over-analizing things seems more like a way to seek approval for what you like which is kinda pathetic.

>So did those folks who partook in creating naive art simply have their works appear out of thin air? If not, then they, by definition, engaged in their hobby, as much of a joke of a hobby as it is. The entire point of OP is about the scum who willingly disable what little brain power they have left in order to consume trash, not those who do not comply with those at the top of one of the most pretentious, pathetic "professions" in existence.
No his point was specifically to do with them thinking about it first. I used the example of Jackson Pollock because his whole shtick was going spastic and letting paint flow to express himself as opposed to attempting any structure or planning, yet he's widely acclaimed and his art was his life.
>By thinking of the motives of characters, consequences of actions, and other various plot, character, and development points, someone engages in the consumption of media such as anime, rather than staring at the screen, with no significant difference between them watching, or a fucking dog.
If someone does it willingly and regularly it doesn't matter if there's no difference between their consumption and a dog's, they are still fans of the medium.
>Of course, you just couldn't go 10 minutes without spouting some off-topic shit about your cucked hobby like a fucking vegan, could you? You blatantly ignored the premise OP presented and then pretended that your examples were in contradiction to his statements.
Whatever you say
Friedrich Schiller wasn't providing an argument, he was providing the distinction between Naive and Sentimental art, which denied the existence of.

A culture of "lol just turn your brain off" is how we got media here in the west.

Honestly, I wouldn't say that anime has dumbed down from what it was in decades past. Sure, you had stuff like Ashita no Joe, Gundam, LOTGH, Evangelion, Utena, Crest / Banner of the Stars, Lain, Paranoia Agent, etc., but a lot of shows were still mediocre. In this decade, in terms of shows considered 'smart' (though not by everyone, obviously), we've had stuff like Monogatari, Mawaru Penguindrum, The Tatami Galaxy, Madoka, Shinsekai Yori, Natsume's Book of Friends, Hyouka, March Comes In Like a Lion, Girls Last Tour, and others, not even including shows which aired during the mid to late 2000s.
The only reason anime seems to have dumbed down is due to the larger amount of it being made, even though the percentage of good anime to mediocre / bad anime is about the same as it ever was.

Attached: Meme.png (473x462, 142K)

Good point, I admit that it didn't crossed my head but yeah. The general perception nowadays is that a lot of recent anime is basement dweller pandering garbage with only one or two decent shows per year.

fuck the west and kill all wh*te farmers

and this sums up the quality of the threads on nu/a/. the newfag 12 year old way of thinking.

>Over-analizing things seems more like a way to seek approval
How do you know when analysis becomes "over-analysis"? You're certainly not the authority to make such distinctions, because the concept of analysis offends you to such a degree that you believe thinking is a sign of insecurity and vanity.

>his whole shtick was going spastic and letting paint flow to express himself himself as opposed to attempting any structure or planning
>Though the definition of what constitutes art is disputed and has changed over time, general descriptions mention an idea of imaginative or technical skill stemming from human agency and creation
So what you're essentially saying is that Pollock wasn't an artist?

Still being a virgin past 18yo is a sign of pathological mental illness.

I didn't say that at all, and while I see how you're trying to connect the line from wikipedia or whatever to my statement, there is still a logical leap between those two and your conclusion.

>If you aren't enjoying anime by analyzing character motivations, plot points, framing techniques, voice acting, animation, pace and character design, you're fucking doing it wrong.
If you tie enjoyment to quality you're doing it wrong. Some things are enjoyable beyond your arbitrary marks because enjoyment is subjective. thus some bad anime is enjoyable if you turn your brain off..

He explicitly refers to anime and the enjoyment of media, not the creation of it when he refers to usage of thought.

>By this view, the creators of naive art are not artists in the same way as the creators of sentimental art
Not only is your conclusion blatantly flawed, but it doesn't have relation to anything he said about usage of thought. He was giving examples of people who partake in hobbies very poorly, with a "shallow relationship" You said yourself that those painters were extremely successful. Thus, it is not that the situation somehow contradicts a "musician" incapable of making music, or a "gardener" for whom all things they touch die, but is in fact simply an example of the exact opposite of them, someone successful in their hobby and thus can be said to have a decent connection to iy

>Consciously engaging the medium is a prerequisite to it being a hobby.
That's what said. Regardless of whether the naive art or whatever the fuck you called it consisted of heavy thought, the fact remains that they consciously engaged in it.

>they're the same regardless of the participant's actions
Absolute bullshit. The enjoyment of a series can be directly related to the viewer's understanding. The same way a musician who can't play can hardly be considered a musician, an audience member who cannot see nor hear, or is simply unable to comprehend a performance can barely be called an audience member at all. Simply someone who happens to be present.

Attached: Too deep for you1.jpg (638x720, 60K)

t. Mugabe
Rhodesians never die

Attached: 1549817562261.jpg (1200x872, 234K)

What leap? In order for something to be art it has to be an expression of ideas through imaginative or technical skill stemming from human agency and creation. You're saying Pollock's works were made without the use of imaginative or technical skill and that they're the unplanned, unimaginative results of spontaneous chance. It's literally not art, by definition.

Even "pro" anime analysts are usually too dumb to comrehand simple shows like atack on titan lol. They call gaps in their memory and lack of deduction plot holes and often base their ctiticism on false basis.

>Absolute bullshit. The enjoyment of a series can be directly related to the viewer's understanding. The same way a musician who can't play can hardly be considered a musician, an audience member who cannot see nor hear, or is simply unable to comprehend a performance can barely be called an audience member at all. Simply someone who happens to be present.
You're playing with words, "understanding" in the context you're presenting it is not a voluntary action and if you're going to argue that it is, or that it doesn't matter whether it is, then no one turns their brain off and the premise of the thread is moot.

On a side note, why is it always the people occupying the same side of the argument posting reaction images alongside their posts

The act of flailing his arms is an act of human agency, and before you try to pull a "Gotcha", animals eat by their agency too, doesn't have anything to do with higher brain function.

Which part of imaginative or technical skill do you not understand? If it's not something that he imagined and then went on to realise, it's not art. "Accidental art" is an oxymoron.

I agree
fuck people who have given up their standards

She ok?

>force you in a car tire
>wrap barbed wire around you
>pour gazoline on you
>set you on fire
lmao, there won't be any contry left for your white ass by the end of this century

>basement dweller pandering garbage
That's another thing that bothers me: what is considered 'pandering'? In the end, all media is meant to appeal to somebody. How do we separate acceptable pandering from the bad? Lets assume that 'pandering' refers to one of the following: echhi or fanservice as the main focus, moe, yuri BAIT (this is an important distinction, a focus on peddling seasonal waifus, or selling a product that isn't the source material.

Using this criteria, we have a decent selection of non-pandering shows (though not everyone will like them and not all of them are good, obviously): Sora Yori, Yuru Camp, Grancrest Senki, Takagi-san, Kokkoku, Basilisk, Violet Evergarden, Hakumei to Mikochi, Koi wa Ameagari, Saiki, Captain Tsubasa, LOTGH (reboot), Lupin, Hinamatsuri, Megalo Box (though you could argue this is meant to pander to the same people who despair about modern anime pandering to the lowest common denominator), Tonegawa, Planet With, Asobi Asobase, Angolmois, Sirius, Attack on Titan S3, Run with the Wind, Bloom Into You (its too thoughtful to be considered yuri pandering), and others that I've probably missed.

Attached: CountOfMonteCristo.gif (500x281, 430K)

That's just your assumption. I love to analize everything I watch, anime, movies , TV shows. In my opinion, the difference with over-analyzing comes when you start looking for more meaning in something than what really have. Not everything needs a complicated well explained reason to be. Writers and artists are human too and their tastes, life circumstances and feelings influence their work and sometimes make their way into the final product just the same way it happens to most critics when doing a review.

You can make an objective observation of a show and judge them as bad on technical terms but a lot of times a shows can be successful and have great appeal in spite of that. Maybe it's something that don't resonate with you so you can't see it but it does with people who enjoy watching it and feel something.

Bottom line. Art can be judged objectively but its enjoyment is almost entirely subjective.

>On a side note
It's an image board and there's no reason to deny yourself one of the mediums of expression available. Just like there's no reason for someone to deny themselves the chance to fully comprehend the motives of a character, or the consequences of an arc and the impact on future developments. I honestly don't post that often, but when I do, I want to put my thousands of saved pictures to use.

>Understanding in the context you're presenting it is not a voluntary action
You won't understand jack shit if you don't bother to get the noggin joggin and actually think about it. You might as well say that landing a wad of paper in the trash can after throwing it is not a voluntary action because you can easily fail during the attempt. Meanwhile, the thread criticizes those who actively choose not to take the shot. Those who decide to simply watch the shittiest of battle shounen and their absolutely meaningless power level dickery on par with an imaginary fight between 5 year olds, or those who watch ecchi that has no substance other than lewdity, whereas even Yosuga no Sora had a semblance of a plot and engaging characters. The very fact that people can argue about the anime's ending for years and years shows that it evolved beyond just a simple ecchi anime, and became a topic of discussion amongst those who didn't simply turn their brain off for boobies, but who actually thought about and engaged in the consumption of media.

Attached: 1535836284218.png (1672x912, 308K)

That's a good question. Even the non-panderong shows you mentioned can be argued to pander to certain demographics (Captain Tsubasa for example can be said it panders to both soccer fans and nostalgiafags). Guess it won't hurt to make a distinction of the concept of pandering.

Joke's on you, I'm a Chink. And China is getting ready for Colonization round 2. Though to be honest, it's probably not worth it even for them and they're gonna get sick of Africans in a few decades and shut everything down just like the West did.
But regardless, this shit has nothing to do with anime, so unless you've got some point of view about how Ugandans view food anime while having no food of their own, shoo.

>Yosuga no Sora had a semblance of a plot and engaging characters. The very fact that people can argue about the anime's ending for years and years shows that it evolved beyond just a simple ecchi anime, and became a topic of discussion amongst those who didn't simply turn their brain off for boobies, but who actually thought about and engaged in the consumption of media
Fun thing is that this quite often ruins my primitive enjoyment of hentai but in a good way. Sometimes writers put actual effort into writing a story to go alongside the sex and sometimes characters are so compelling I forget about the fapping because I develope genuine interest in finding where the plot is going.

You're addressing arguments I haven't even made yet, was this intended as a reply to me specifically?

Not exactly to you but I felt your complain was related to the point I was trying to make so I used your post as a trampoline. My bad.

It's the opposite for me. If I like the story or characters or even the comedy, my masturbatory experience is heightened considerably. It's why I like artists like Shibasaki Syouzi, Aoki Kanji, and Ichihaya so much.

Attached: Nice10.png (691x493, 241K)

>white boy coping
Your civilisation is shit and is dying, and it's all that matters. The Chinks won't ever accept you, and you'll have to live we us and serve us when the West will be majority black. Cry more wh*toid, your tears are delicious.

In my case is because I'm too much or a moralfag. I cannot fap to characters I feel genuinely bad about.

Agreed. That other user claimed that viewer thought on a medium is irrelevant, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent thinking, the discussion, and the arguments about Yosuga no Sora's anime ending even moreso than the show itself.

Attached: 1540993852903.png (1159x689, 225K)

Imagine starving so much that you're forced to drink tears and bodily fluids of others for sustenance

Attached: Smug anime hitler.jpg (349x445, 39K)

Attached: 1447047312164.png (1339x1477, 281K)

Yea Forums has been normalfag and ironic weeb central for quite a while now.

epic, heil drumpffff kill niggers amarite :DDDDDDD

Damn. How will user ever recover?

Attached: tumblr_pmh5zeCmPT1tm1dgio1_500.png (500x375, 189K)

How far up your own ass do you need to be to make this thread

Attached: 20170819_152215.png (1250x1271, 1.35M)

Nobody turns their brain off when watching something.
That's just what people say when they aren't savvy enough to understand their own reasons for liking something that is seen as silly or schlocky.
What's really happening is that certain themes or tropes within a show are enjoyable enough to them inherently that the flaws associated with those tropes and the flaws of the show itself can be justified. To them it might seem like turning your brain off, but that's not what's really happening.

Attached: 1534753018414.gif (416x414, 1.63M)

half of the faggots of here doesnt have brain

My enjoyment of certain media actively lowers if I put any thought in actively criticizing it, so I might as well live in my ignorance

was with this normalfag b8

The true mark of an idiot is how much they parrot their 'intelligence'

Unlike the hidden mark of an idiot who thinks he's not an idiot as long as he's being ironic about it?

kek, they eat each other right after the drinking.

Well done OP. Fantastic haul you have.

Posting on an anonymous image board shows that your are 2 SD lower that the world average iq.

Begs the question, what are you doing here?

Fuck off Digibro
Stay the fuck away from my children

works for the other side most likely i.e tumblr, normiebook, MAL, reddit, and doesnt consider himself part of this community, in other words a shill.

Yea Forums has become infested with bottom of the barrel nerds who come to shitpost monotonously in generals with other low-functioning autistics. They become so wrapped up in these hugboxes that they actually believe watching their generic as fuck CGDCT or harem isekai battleschool shit makes them the True Anime Connoiseurs and anyone who criticizes it are meanie bully trolls and plebs. Others who enjoy the show but aren't in denial about its quality will tell you to turn off your brain, the point being that some entertainment can be enjoyable without being highly cerebral. Good comedy should have an immediate impact even if watched passively

I think the one with short hair is pretty hot desu

What makes comedy good is completely subjective you stupid fuck.

>if you're not a try hard anime critic who goes and posts multiple paragraph analysis on some website after every episode then you shouldn't watch anime at all
Fuck off retard.

When people laugh at someone farting, do you think they are analyzing the fart motivations, why did it happens, the quality of it, and whatever the fuck you wanna analyze about it ?

I doubt it, but you could definitely analyse why a fart is funny in the first place (it breaks social taboo, the timing, etc.)

>anime fandom

Attached: 1474054299080.gif (368x400, 1.14M)

>brains should be turned off in order to enjoy this medium
There are anime you can enjoy deeply and there are anime that are best enjoyed without thinking deeply about them. It's not all or nothing on the entire medium.

anal with makimaki

Redhead is the thinking man's choice.
The anime does some favors to black hair as well.

I think everything would be more enjoyable without your brain.

Attached: 1549927135335.jpg (300x300, 12K)

says a lot about the society we live in

Attached: 1536629740237.png (293x286, 134K)

>grug no like nip cartoon tribe no more. nip cartoon tribe used to know how to make fire.

Bait desu. But still, I just like watching cute girls or funny things without having to think too much about it because it makes me happy and its escapism.

yikes

Attached: gets_everything.png (510x346, 242K)

That's fresh coming from someone that has the free time to mindless watch anime. I only watch around ~2 hours of anime a week. I don't get the people with 1000 animes on their watchlist, or why all these generic harem/ecchi animes are being watched.

YOU GET A LIFE!

>normiebook
Leave.