Anyone into pre-2000s anime?

Attached: Galaxy_Fräulein_Yuna.jpg (1421x1401, 304K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gcyZc3bhyM
youtube.com/watch?v=UYonmlCAiBQ
sakugabooru.com/post/show/7189
sakugabooru.com/post/show/16226
sakugabooru.com/post/show/49865
sakugabooru.com/post/show/54415
sakugabooru.com/post/show/66522
sakugabooru.com/post/show/5935
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39470
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39471
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39495
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39494
youtu.be/wEe8B0zUVg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pre-2000's anime is best anime.

Attached: yukinabeer2.jpg (573x525, 50K)

logh a best

Me.

Attached: 81lZizOmlZL._SY445_.jpg (341x445, 46K)

Yea. Those were the good days. You know before anime was being raped left and right by CGshit.

A lot of people, actually.

I know what you mean, and I agree, but still
This is from 1983 youtube.com/watch?v=-gcyZc3bhyM

Yea but that's a rare exception. Back then everything was done by hand. Now that CGshit is available as a cheaper alternative, these bastards don't want to put effort into hand drawing anything.

Anyone here watched urashiman? Thinking of watching it after Tylor. Also should I watch the Tylor OVAs since I've seen people saying to avoid it

Remember when 2D mecha anime wasn't a weird exception?

I miss those days.

Remember when we could talk about pre-2000s anime without the threads getting derailed by 16 year olds who just want to circlejerk about how much they hate modern anime?
You can't even talk about the 80s or 90s anymore for the last year without "Ugh... CG is shit bros, am I right?" and "Look at this SHADING, you wouldn't see this in modern anime... I was born in the wrong generation, bros..." "They don't make ____ like this anymore bros..."

Attached: cleanse it with fire.jpg (1440x1080, 198K)

Yeah. Last one I watched was pretty meh though. This one is just all about the cold war era nuclear scare. Some nationalistic shaming on a part of the author for Japan adopting so many facets of foreign culture. Literally characters are berating eachother during somewhat decent looking disco scenes. Some technological optimism. And really shitty contrived story with empty characters.

It may have had more impact if I was growing up in the cold war era but I tuned out so hard by the end.

Attached: 221445.jpg (400x567, 104K)

Only when they're basically music videos, or edited into AMVs.

Attached: cipher.gif (500x369, 1.98M)

Cringe.

I find it annoying as well. I like anime from pretty much any era including new stuff. I'd love to discuss the older shows without all the bitching and cherry picking.

>cheaper alternative
CG is more expensive

This.

Attached: 587923374590843.png (4000x4000, 84K)

It is. Creating the models and animating them is more expensive than going 2D. CG becomes cheaper in the long run when you can reuse the models
But technically, it's not bait to say CG is more expensive than 2D

Attached: 7447587253528379.jpg (1190x906, 308K)

>being this anally devastated that someone told the truth
You are insane.

>Creating the models and animating them is more expensive than going 2D.
Yea more expensive than hand drawing less than 12 fucking frames.(1 second of animation)

>But technically, it's not bait to say CG is more expensive than 2D
It's very misleading. Only in extremely rare circumstances is it more expensive and this has nothing to do with anime. 99.99% of the time it's used in modern anime to save money and you know this. You're a literal cgshit apologist and consumer hater.

Uninformed retard

not him, that's you

Stop posting.

Attached: 923843254298492343.jpg (733x550, 100K)

Save money? No. It's because of a lack of people who know how to animate what they need without CG
Anyways, a clear example is Zombieland Saga:
When they could reuse models, they went CG
But in cases like the dances of the groups that only showed up once or Lily and Saki's episodes' dances (which had more unique costumes and hairstyles), they went 2D
I'll gladly be a "CGshit apologist and consumer hater" over an angry uninformed retard spouting false shit because I hate something, which is no different from moralfags exhaggerating the effect shows have on reality and their audience's mindset to justify censorship
You can hate CG. But go kill yourselves if you're gonna spread misinformation born of said hatred
Why can't people hate CG without understanding how it works?

>It's because of a lack of people who know how to animate what they need without CG
I'm well aware that cgshit is used to compensate for a lack of talent. You're not understanding that traditional animators aren't being trained because this cancer is viewed as a replaced for 2d animation. This is what you don't fucking realise. When this cancer wasn't available as a alternative, they did everything by hand.

>But go kill yourselves if you're gonna spread misinformation born of said hatred
pot kettle

So is Galaxy Express 999 good?

I'm currently watching late 80s/Early 90s OVAs and movies. I already have a list on what to watch. What do you guys think of Genocyber? I heard it's nothing more than edgy shit

When did I say otherwise? I only ever talked about costs.
Obviously, it's done now because it's seen as a viable alternative and thus they can avoid training people on traditional animation
The problem also lies on newbies not wanting to bother because the industry is sweatshops right now
Some people might have passion and animate well because they want to deliver a good product. But without said passion, what you have is underpaid overworked people who will naturally go for the easies method and can't be bothered trying to do stuff properly
I'm not spreading misinformation due to hatred, though.
I mean, I hate CG myself and would take 2D over it always. But I understand how it works. I don't use my feelings as an excuse to spout bullshit

Yep, I just want to know about some gems I never heard of and I'm a '98 zoomer

>I only ever talked about costs.
You were fucking wrong about costs as user pointed out.

>The problem also lies on newbies not wanting to bother because the industry is sweatshops right now
That's part of the issue but studios, publishers and committees aren't giving them opportunities because it's just quicker, cheaper and easier to vomit out cg.

>I'm not spreading misinformation due to hatred, though.
The only person doing this was you.

You're no better than moralfags talking about "normalization" and whatever to justify censoring shit
Shut up and fuck off if you want to spout blind uninformed hate
I already said I hate CG myself
That doesn't mean I have to be an uninformed retard spouting hot memes. That wouldn't make me any better than retarded moralfags

Stop acting like a retard now and backpedalling. It's not "blind uniformed hate". Mecha is literally on life support because of that cancer.

Get reading comprehension
I HATE CG. I'M NOT SAYING CG IS GOOD OR DEFENDING IT.
I just hate it while being informed. YOU CAN HATE STUFF WHILE BEING INFORMED ABOUT IT
It's the blanket statements you make about CG ALWAYS BEING CHEAPER that are wrong and uninformed. Memes and hivemind mentality born from hating CGI and making up your own bullshit about why it happens instead of informing yourself
Again, all this doesn't mean CG is good. IT ISN'T. I HATE IT. I'm a mechafag. I hate how I can't have new mecha shows without that cancer.

"CG is cheaper" is EFFECTIVELY a true statement. That is the case 99.99% for anime because of the kinds of things that need to be crafted. Look at the fucking context.

>Again, all this doesn't mean CG is good. IT ISN'T. I HATE IT. I'm a mechafag. I hate how I can't have new mecha shows without that cancer.
If you do actually hate it then stop being so anally fractured every time someone states the obvious. Saying it's not cheaper just because of a few very specific situations is beyond retarded. People have the right to fucking know why increasing amounts of this garbage is being forced into modern anime. You neglect to mention the important details.

>I heard it's nothing more than edgy shit
Pretty much, it has nice animation and style at least. Don't take it too seriously.

They should make a retro anime board.
>inb4 muh Yea Forums treatment
Yea Forums is already too shit to discuss anything worth a damn that isn't moeshit and isekaigarbage

Agreed. /vr/ is a billion times better than Yea Forums and i'd take a slower quality board over seasonalnigger spam all day.

Fucking this. Too bad Gookmoot won't listen even if it has been said for the quadrillion time. Independence for /ar/ nao

recommend me some good pre-2000 anime with actual good animation.

OVA or TV show?

don't spoonfeed that faggot

Attached: DELET THIS.jpg (704x510, 214K)

give these a try

Attached: 1529636716678.jpg (2680x3480, 3.67M)

Giant Robo OVA

Good job half the thread is cgi bitching

To be fair older anime didn't suffer from shit like this, it was better in that respect at least. I hate nostalgiatards but older anime did have better visual consistency. With the rampant abuse of CGI, modern anime is highly prone to this kind of disguising migraine inducing juxtaposition.

Attached: 2875347534897434.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Attached: 1533513192380.png (690x2042, 334K)

Watch Bubblegum Crisis.

You're right.

Attached: 1537717442880.gif (500x379, 1M)

Attached: 1549955126712.gif (410x299, 1.1M)

Attached: 1545572457774.gif (350x263, 1.76M)

Attached: 1547190377844.webm (900x675, 1.4M)

Attached: 1550385385942.gif (500x281, 1.08M)

Attached: 1537469037143.webm (640x480, 775K)

Kawajiri is basically the God of anime, at least what anime was in the early '90s. There's a reason his shows were used for promotional purposes so often back then. The Running Man, Goku, and Cyber City Oedo are cyberpunk masterpieces and Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust are 2 of the greatest anime films of all time.

Attached: db498c8b5606bb98287a0dc73ed6dbdf.gif (500x288, 671K)

LMFAO

>and Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust are 2 of the greatest anime films of all time.
Hearty chuckle.

My point stands. That doesn't give me a migraine. CGshit ruins entire shows just look at Shoumetsu Toshi from this season. The disgusting 3DCG backgrounds, that they couldn't afford to hand paint, horribly clash with the characters and foreground objects. This shit persists throughout the entire episode and it's especially bad at around 17:45, what you're posting are just a select few short cuts.
youtube.com/watch?v=UYonmlCAiBQ

I applaud your cherrypicking skills.

No clue what you're on about, but even ignoring the fact that you post a webrip limited to 480p to make your point, something that makes you look like a moron by proxy, the CGI backgrounds at 17:45 don't even stand out all that much if at all. Based on this shit tier example they look decent. Can't really tell with those 150kbps bitrates, though. The tools at around 18:27 are way worse because they clash due to the high amount of unneccessary detail.

Seems like a personal problem to me.

Musashi Gundoh is 2006, you retard. If you want to shit on pre-2000s stuff, don't pick a 2006 show

Yukina is a slut.

>i have no argument so i'll just pretend to be blind and retarded
The characters are 2d, the background is 3d, they don't fucking look like they inhabit the same space, simple as. This was never an issue in older anime.

>personal problem
More like you have a vendetta against older anime and feel the need to defend cancer. Really user, where did the nostalgiatard touch you to make you this mad?

>The characters are 2d, the background is 3d
Yikes. What a moronic way ot looking at it.

>seeing it for what it is, is "moronic"
It's a fucking fact that they clash and awkwardly juxtapose against eachother. Continue to deny reality, when you're proven wrong, like the nigger that you are then.

>Yikes
Go back.

He's right you cretin. It's objectively bad. There's no narrative reason for them to clash. It's literally just that the fuckers are too lazy to paint or animate the backgrounds by hand.

>Priss is best girl. Literally.

>Best OST. Ever.

>Amazing cyberpunk setting

>Muh feelings

You have to watch this.

Attached: MV5BOGFjYzI5MTQtZjhhMS00NjhlLTgyYzgtMzgyYTExZjA5OTk2L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1 (1581x2033, 1M)

>nutted but she still suckin

>newfag who watches no anime and can't even identify 3D elements in most anime talks about how X clashes with Y due to their nature
Yikes. Glad there are many examples of 2D clashing with 2D. It's a question of execution and has virtually nothing to do with the number of dimensions. Why are newfags like you feel the need to poison this board so badly?

>It's objectively bad
Apexcringe. I hope you're samefagging, not multiplying or procreating.

Attached: 1545280469689.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

>filtered live action
>2D
And you have the nerve to call others retarded.

>gets proven to be a retard AGAIN
>deflects because that's all he can do.

How is GS Mikami?

Attached: DVDMovieJapan.png (974x1378, 3.07M)

good

Does GTO count? It's pretty damn late 90s

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-14-15h00m31s897.jpg (768x576, 117K)

I'm an artfag, I love to talk about shading, okay?

16 Year Olds? They're mostly in their late 20's- mid 30's

>I'm an artfag, I love to talk about shading, okay?
Kek. Shadingfags NEVER understand what art is or is about. As far as artistic expression goes, shading is probably the most irrelevant aspect of the character design. Especially since it's used terribly in 99% of all cases and hard-shadows are slapped in everything without actual contextual meaning. Your kind is the polar opposite of artfags, shadingfag.

Are you projecting? Heavy shading is just a preference of mine.

Yea, so you're a shadingfag, not an artfag. Don't lump yourself in with a group of respectable individuals.

My favorite anime came out in the early 2000's

Attached: [Zura] Galaxy Angel 09.mkv_snapshot_08.44_[2015.06.09_02.08.57].jpg (960x720, 79K)

get out

You're just a newfag who doesn't understand what CGI can do. 2D and 3D can work together perfectly well and create sequences that would otherwise be impossible using traditional methods because you'd be animating a single cut for 20 years, see this one which is probably one of hte most impressive in animation history.
sakugabooru.com/post/show/7189

Really, you're just a complete laymen and have no fucking clue what you're talking about. 2D and 3D work in perfect conjunction if the stuff has enough time, the skill necessary and doesn't try to overdo it.
sakugabooru.com/post/show/16226
sakugabooru.com/post/show/49865
sakugabooru.com/post/show/54415
sakugabooru.com/post/show/66522
sakugabooru.com/post/show/5935
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39470
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39471
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39495
sakugabooru.com/post/show/39494

You're even dumber than the other guy. Where do you clown spawn? Some Lemming-hole mentally impaired niggers?

>expected a fun action movie
>got pretentious 2deep4u bullshit
the opening was top tier though

Galaxy angel was originally announced in 1999 and I think some stuff came out the same year so technically it's a product of the 90s, it can have a pass.

Yuna a cute.

youtu.be/wEe8B0zUVg0

I don't get it

Attached: 1543120804858.png (600x400, 377K)

They are gay and that's it.