Nyaa is getting shut down

Nyaa is getting shut down
www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190415/k10011884391000.html

Attached: A7250314-E8A1-4F82-BEBE-70362AF03643.jpg (697x427, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/user/ohys
nyaa.si/view/1072881
nyaa.si/view/1115996
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>arresting a man for uploading a torrent of an anime for 1 billion yen
Nice clickbait OP

Attached: 1555165909042.png (489x424, 129K)

Again?

>Korean office worker in his 20s
>10M USD

>1 billion yen damages
>1 download = 1 lost sale
Oh, Japan.

Attached: 1555199488221.jpg (527x500, 75K)

Fuck, not again
Are we finally going back to XDCC?

Which nyaa ?
the torrent ? because its still works now.

I'm glad we learned something after Nyaa died last time, and decentralized our torrents across multiple sites, bearing no ill will towards the other sites.

Torrent is shit anyways, Mega will always be the greatest choice.

So nyaapantsucat or nyaasi?

OP is clickbait bullshit, but that still doesn't mean you shouldn't find alternatives should shit go down. It was pathetic last time where half of Yea Forums collectively shat itself.

>nyaa is going down and pantsu never scrapped everything
guess the cartel will have to save the day again by making yet another website

Attached: 1552855540627.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Do they not use VPNs when they upload?

Just compare the grid style in OP's picture and link to the grids in both Nyaas and you'll know.

Good, just as planned

Attached: FAKKU_Logo_White.png (800x220, 30K)

there is some powerful jewry afoot

The Japanese still trying to fight off piracy
didn't they learn from napster? once you take one site down 100 other surface.

The only way to fight off piracy is to make it obsolete by creative a service that's so good it doesn't worth pirating.

This. Piracy is a distribution problem.

honestly

>XD
Fuck off.

kek

The best modern proof of this is that piracy was receding in the streaming era until suddenly there were a dozen different platforms and it became confusing again, and now it's back on the rise

he can't keep getting away with this

Attached: 1527711767147.jpg (400x690, 119K)

Oh shit, perfect dark time yet again.

Fuck off. This always presupposes a 'service' or 'distribution solution' superior to piracy potentially exists, and it's unwise to take that possibility for granted. There's tons of legitimate music sharing websites in the web's top 50, from youtube to last.fm. That doesn't stop music piracy.

You can't do better than free.

Nips can't into computers. Been that way forever.

Thank god I live in a place where literally everybone torrents pirated stuff.
The only thing good about this 3rd world duterte-ran shithole. Absolute internet freedom.

This is one proof of that
another proof is video games.
Sure the current platforms aren't perfect, but they don't have any huge flaws that merit piracy, and when they are confronted by the mass they respond just like how steam said they fucked up with the adult game policy when people fired back.

If the service is good enough that piracy isn't worth it, piracy won't happen.

YouTube is basically the largest """legal""" repository of music uploaded illegally, retard. Record companies realized all they needed to do was wait for their fans to upload their music and they can take all the monetization from it when people watch the videos.

The people who don't pay for it even when distribution is at its easiest would never have paid for it though, therefore it isn't actually a lost sale.

People still use pantsu? I mean I'd rather not use the cartel but the cartel isn't being deliberately malicious and hiding ads as menu links.

For free

a) yes you can, because video games don't face as big a piracy issue as anime because games have been doing it. The idea isn't better than free, the idea is something good enough that piracy isn't worth the hassle.
This is the same way with how the end of the prohibition crushed organized crime. Once a service is good enough that breaking the law isn't worth it than it will replace it.

also
>YOUTUBE
>GOOD MUSIC DISTRIBUTION
I don't know if you know this but youtube loved to compress the shit out of everything.

Piracy isn't free, it takes time and effort for the people carrying it out. If there's a service that makes that time and effort worthless than it won't be pursued.

someone post the modern list of his atrocities

More precisely, si blocked pantsu from scraping because they claimed pantsu was antisemitic or something like that.

Are people deliberately switching "then" and "than" in every sentence just to piss me off? If everyone just used "then" for everything because that what it sounds like phonetically I would understand it, but with precision you people switch the two constantly. Why, what compels you to do this?

Attached: 1542492541980.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

Huh. I almost always get it right or catch myself before posting it wrong. guess it slipped. I'll take that L, your'e right.

Then is something will happen like this then something will happen like that and than is I'd rather this than that.

My bad, pleya.

Just read the article.

It said a Korean man uploaded 35 anime videos onto nyaa and he was arrested for it.

Nothing about nyaa itself being taken down.

Its done a hell of a lot.... you think spotify would be worth billions otherwise? Itunes selling 1$ music made them filthy rich.

Convenience works. Almost no one outside of the tech inclined in the modern world pirates music now.

not 35 videos, videos of 35 series

Attached: 1486672186448.png (400x1820, 173K)

>Korean
Ohys?

and BakaBT continues to be the best service

for what? it doesn't have old series, it doesn't have new series, it's a great service with nothing to download

>it doesn't have old series
that's literally what it's for though, where the fuck else are you gonna get them

OP is baiting, the article is about a guy getting arrested for uploading anime and we hear these things happen from time to time. It has nothing to do with the site closing.

America and the rest of the west still does the same shit. The punishment for these crimes is still based on an outdated system.

whenever I try to search for an old series it just comes up with the DO NOT UPLOAD list so I said fuck it to bakabt a long time ago
honestly at this point if I want to watch an old series I look on nyaa first, if it's not on it then I stream it, if I cared I would try to get into goddess or use usteam but I don't care that much and I already watched every old show that I care about in the last 14 years anyways

>韓国籍の李駿衡容疑者
Oh fuck they arrested Ohys-Raws? Damn

dont we have this thread like every month but then nyaa ends up fine

Attached: 1514794627350.png (683x720, 527K)

If Nyaa does end up dying where do I get my JAV?

>anime
>goddess
The guy you're replying to is a retard, but so are you.

Shhh, don't tell the newfags.

Attached: 1215123123.png (800x794, 680K)

From chineese streaming sites.

is it just for manga then? it's even more useless than I thought in that case

It has some music collections for older anime that are really hard to find elsewhere. For actual anime though its subpar.

What happened? Nyaa shutting down again? What to do? I am sad.

So they still have the copyright list even after going private? Ahahaha oh fucking wow

Wait, they're getting arrested for making subs? Oh no.

apparently not. just an uploader being charged.

nyaa.si/user/ohys
Is he gone?

Eh? But pantsu isn't the site calling themselves Nazi.

I know you can't read or understand Japanese, but read or listen to the article before saying
>hurr Nyaa is going down like OP said??

>article says something about World Trigger
>Ohys has never uploaded World Trigger
Why the fuck would anyone assume it was him anyway

CUT OFF ONE HEAD
TWO MORE SHALL TAKE ITS PLACE

>article says something about World Trigger
where?

Ctrl+F ワールドトリガー

Ohys uploads from a Korean IP meaning he's not in Japan or uses a VPN.

Learn to read, eop.

Except that one time it didn't.

Attached: 1468878235406.jpg (1200x675, 81K)

Nevermind I refreshed the page and now it's there. They also changed the damages from 1 billion to 1.8 billion.
I'm ~N2 level.

>Uploaded World Trigger in September 2018
It's probably this one
nyaa.si/view/1072881

user didn't say learn to read Japanese; they said learn to read, which your reply only further justifies.

It's probably him. The last thing he uploaded was 2 months ago.
nyaa.si/view/1115996

Ohys is a raw provider.

How many years do they get for uploading in Japan?

>BakaBT
Umm sweetie, animebytes exist.

One year for every download.

When will AB open applications again?

Attached: 1524532984249.jpg (770x702, 65K)

Hopefully never

Fuck off, we're full.