I don't get it. Why didn't he just go to therapy?

I don't get it. Why didn't he just go to therapy?

Attached: ScRR6m.jpg (320x240, 14K)

Therapy costs money

>Japan
>Accepting that mental sicknesses are real

lol no

Nailed it.

Rei was basically his therapist at the end

Why didn't he just get in the fucking robot and stop being a bitch?!

because therapy is
the biggest swizz
there is

Why don't people in real life go to therapy? Same reasons.

like this would solve the issue of having to get into a giant robot to survive the annihilation of earth. also therapy is a lie

Depression seriously wasn't a concept in Japn until the '90s. The psychological and psychiatric fields themselves are fairly young and many people aren't used to it.

>the world could end at any moment
>people having time for therapy

therapy is the biggest jewish lie of them all

Therapists need therapy more than anyone else
Psychology as a general is a failed pseudo-science that does a far worse job than institutional religion did when it had control of these cases of ''soul'' sickness

nerv only cared about him as a tool, as long as he fought well they didn't care much about his mental health

Therapy is fucking expensive, you think Gendo is gonna pay for that

Instrumentality is like one big group therapy.

>Theraphy
>In Anime

I doubt therapy would have been sufficient though

Modern life is like the opposite of instrumentality. Increase increase loneliness and isolation. Seele were right all along.

>implying driving robots aren't a therapy.
Shinji is just extra fuckass

Why was he sent to school where he got the shit kicked out of him by bullies without anyone interfering? When he gets injured you have nothing to defend against the angels you fucking idiots.

Yes because piloting an Eva isn't affected by mental health at all.

Just be happy, bro.

well its powered by some kind of mental disorder, so who the fuck knows

Shinji's fucked up mental state was beneficial for piloting the Eva and triggering 01's berserks.

Based and Christpilled

Attached: 1513786410982.jpg (690x396, 56K)

Berserks are triggered by the mother wanting to protect her child.
Nothing to do with mental fuck ups.

Boys will be boys :^)

Gendo doesn't even give a fuck about Shinji, so I dunno where the payments would be coming from. Unless it involves Shinji himself sacrificing part of his lunch money for his savings.

Therapy is a scam. Shrinks are conmen. The only person who can change you is yourself. Either nut up and fix your shit or accept your weakness.

Attached: whentheyaskwherethechickenswent.jpg (896x1000, 101K)

There are no therapists around.

because it's fiction and they chose to illustrate that aspect of his characterization with symbolic devices

Let me guess, Amerishart?

You got my interest. How is therapy a scam or a failed science?

What do you expect to gain from paying a random stranger to talk to you? If you think therapists are somehow experts on mental health because they have a degree, understand that college is a meme and you can learn everything for any degree on your own at a library in a month.

>paying a random stranger to talk to you
>you think therapists are somehow experts
>you can learn everything for any degree on your own at a library in a month

Good lord, could you be any more angsty
Fits the thread I suppose

Mh. I honestly agree with that. Although it's not the same, I've been on art for years and studying on my own and I'm fairly decent, and I've met graphic designers with a degree that are fucking terrible, it's similar I guess.
I don't know, I guess I just think "They gotta know something", then again, while I should be taking therapy; I don't, cause I think it's bullshit, although I never thought of it being a scam or anything like that, I just PERSONALLY don't see the point of it.

Based nips

Nigga had time to go to school, he can go to therapy too
Not like the angels were attacking every 5 minutes

Something tells me you wouldn't want a surgeon with your library """"degree""" to perform surgery on you.

Teens think they are fine. It's the adults that fucked up.

His dad surrounded him with hot girls for a reason. Fucking them was his therapy. He was too much of a loser for that.

Because Anno tried to mix regular people problems with expensive crucial military and it obviously creates inconsistencies

He was also suffering some mental illness. I remember him taking some pills and the most fucked up ones were when he was not taking them.

Mental illness doesn't exist, just betafags

>le therapy meme
You need to go back.

Because hes 14 and any damage sustained by the robot causes him pain.

>seriously thinking therapy does shit
My sides