Why is fire always the strongest element in anime?

Why is fire always the strongest element in anime?

Attached: shot638_0.png (350x444, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSzsA_JssoM
youtube.com/watch?v=33Mtww-fogk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_burn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wasn't the strongest power in the series in pic related
>wasn't the strongest power in stardust crusaders
> One of the worst powers in supernatural battles
>wasn't the strongest in pokemon

What anime do you watch where fire's the strongest? It's cool and all but usually it doesn't get the spotlight in anime.

its darkness

because it's cool and only fags dislike it
hello fag

You're right that it's not always the case. A lot of the times though, probably more than any other element at least it is.

Attached: 2301189.jpg (396x220, 26K)

Because fire is for alphas.

Attached: 1267370027336.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Isn't lightning about as popular as fire?

It's flashy and less seen in our daily lives, so it usually looks more impressive to the audience than the other three classical elements, but is right

This where's one when water or earth are the strongest elements

Fire always jobs because if it was has deadly as it should be there would be far to many deaths.

I could put out a flame with my piss. Everyone know water beats fire and since over half my body is made of water, I have a 50% resistance. Logic.

>tfw all other elements can't compete with fire.

Attached: 1451958872030.jpg (720x481, 27K)

FMA, the anime where it started raining and he couldn't do shit with wet gloves. Nice.

This most likely. Fire is used in more fun applications like explosives or flamethrowers which create huge amounts of damage. Then there are different types of fire in which depending on the color determine how hot it will be. Pokemon occasionally shows what can be done with fire like certain moves having explosive properties 9fire blast), melting (flamethrower), or cumulative damage (ember). Then there is Raildex using nuclear energy as a form of fire which cuts through anything. Then there is the use of the phoenix by fire users.

Darkness because edgy
Light because we have to beat the final boss
Water for the smart person
Ice for the even smarter person 2nd in command
Fire for the leader
Earth for the strong one
Wind for the flying ones
Electricity for the young one and fast ones
and so on

Attached: 9b553095c20bfe1710493bb508c09610.png (480x640, 179K)

dipshit, he said fire is usually the weakest ability, he literally called it cool

Fire is forced to job a lot since there's only so many creative applications for blasting flames
Mustang is a good example since his alchemy was strong, but that was only really demonstrated against Lust and Envy where he was able to spam them to death, in most other cases something prohibited him from fighting at full potential.

Where are my Psychic bros at?

no i can think of 5 series off the top of my head where its not and thats not including the FMA
>one piece ace dies to lava
>bleach old man genocide dies
>naruto sauske lost to naruto even with all the eye hax and having the advantage over wind with fire
>hiei's dragon of the darkness flame is considered top tier yet all sensui said when hit with it was what an interesting way to travel and it burned out on the net
>hunterxhunter i cant think of anyone impressive that uses just fire as an element i mean bomber uses bombs but he was never top tier

Because in the oriental elemental cycle fire embodies the concepts of Destruction and Revelation. It illuminates the fundamental, absolute truth of things and destroys them at that level.

welp stupid thread but it gives an excuse to talk about fullmetal
>best girl coming through
Winry also acceptable
all others shit don't fucking @ me

Attached: best girl.jpg (210x240, 8K)

>blocks your path

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Kaze_No_Stigma_Ep08_(0B78684E).mkv_snapshot_10.54_[2015.07.05_23.58.25].jpg (720x480, 26K)

The strongest is ice as you can freeze the air itself, no one can beat that. I would start by lowering the temperature so your flames are worthless and the proceed to freeze your body while I keep my distance with a defense solid as a rock and thick as my d.

It's hard to be creative with water or earth.

That's not Olivier

Strong not really, but destructive yeah. Fire is always a product of chemical reactions, so it doesn't have a lot of force but it kills chemically. Any "strength" that comes from fire is really air power.

Attached: spongebob mustang.jpg (560x678, 114K)

literally worst "girl"
you should probably delete this to save yourself from embarassment

we get it, you don't have a spine, no need to be loud about it

Attached: [Reaktor] Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - E35 v2 [1080p][x265][10-bit][Dual-Audio].mkv_snapshot_23 (1920x1080, 940K)

Does wanting get fucked by a Butch make you gay or just a turbo cuck? Either way Olivier shills are beyond contempt and not even worthy of pity.

Hao in Shaman King had Spirit of Fire and was absolutely broken because he used oxygen as his medium. So basically he could summon it to the physical world whenever and you couldn't stop it because fuck you oxygen is everywhere and he had the energy to keep it around for however long. Its been a while since I read it but that was the basic idea I think. I believe everyone even admitted he's practically invincible and couldn't be beaten.

Attached: Spirit_of_Fire_normal.jpg (1249x1785, 682K)

Based user fighting the good fight.
Cheers
I can't decide if her lips will feel better around my cock or on my own as I ram her against the wall.
>intimidated by a girl
Must be rough being beta

>girl
when will this meme end?

it's not even the strongest in fire force

It's not that strong fire doesn't exist, it's just that it's usually relatively balanced out with everything else in most series.

water vs fire is literally dex vs str

Fire is apart of some elemental table, while every other element has varying uses, fire's versatility is limited in comparison.

because it doesn't actually burn people

isn't crimson more powerful and destructive than fire tho....

>olivier
>butch
huh

Honestly the best I've seen fire used in anime was Avatar

Think about it.
>stick your hand in a bunch of water
Your hand's still okay
>hold your hand up in the wind
Your hand's still okay
>touch something you shouldn't and get shocked
Probably hurt, but you're still okay, kiddo
>stick your hand into a shadow
Your hand's still okay
>stick your hand into a ray of light
Your hand's still okay
>stick your hand into a fire
GG lmao

>wasn't the strongest power in the series in pic related

I'm pretty sure it fucking was

one shots all opponents.

I like how you lower the intensity for lightning.

>stick your hand in pressurized water
lol gg
>hold you hand in high speed win with objects being blown in it
lol gg
>touch something you shouldn't
die
>run through somewhere dark with dangerous stuff on the walls grounds etc.
die
>wrap yourself in fireproof, chemicals or clothing touch fire
you're okay lmao

Okay,
>get hit by a lightning bolt
Only a one in ten chance you actually die, kiddo. There is a man who was hit by lightning on ten different occasions, and his cause of death had nothing to do with lightning. Suicide, sadly.

These types of things are all about proportion, waving your hand over a candle isn't going to do much more than hurt a bit.

This is why anyone who has fire powers will never get much screen time. They would kill everyone, can’t have that.

Oh no I agree, I just saw an excuse to post some Shaman King.

>You can drown in water and sliced by high psi water
>you could get absolutely fucked by a tornado
>you could get your heart to blow up or brain to fry by touching simple electronics from everyday life
>you can get cancer from light and lazer being used for cutting and as a weapon has been a thing for a while
>touch a candle's flame and it turns off life nothing happened

Cherrypicking is a bitch

Alright, then consider exactly how it's used.
>get water blasted at you with a hose
Gay
>get blown at by high gust winds
More annoying than anything
>get a lightning bolt dropped on you
Only a one in ten chance you die, but still the most dangerous besides getting set on fire
>Brother Cornello zaps you with Yeezy prayer power
Your soul might be in danger, who knows
>muh shadow balls
It's the soul, so probably bad
>get set on fire
How the fuck do you recover from this shit
Anime ALWAYS fucking downplays getting set on fire

BASED
I haven't watched that series since I was around 8. I might have to give it a watch.
That song is ingrained in my head forever though.

Based and triggers other element fags.

I'd say darkness is one of the shittiest because it always needs to be associated with something else like fear or soul-bullshit or cold. Without that it doesn't matter how much darkness you have the best you'll do is blind the enemy.

to me the most frustrating power to deal with is time manipulation. usually creativity goes right out the window when it is brought in.

Zap zap

Attached: Ginji.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Just wanted to say that even if you're underplaying most of the other shit, none of this is as dangerous as fire

If it was a fire user vs regular people, maybe, but the other elements counter it pretty well.
Water is obvious
With enough control over air, you can cut off oxygen source
Earth can do the same as air, just slower
Light and darkness are just bullshit in general and would be OP vs anyone who relies on sight
Ice and lightning are the only common ones who are fucked

I think it was done in a really cool way in stardust crusaders.
It gets really messy where it's not just stopping time briefly but also going into the future or past.

Air should always be stronger than fire.

Water was always my favorite element but after this guy I began to think how terrifying water can be even without controlling the water inside if people

Attached: b8b903c18313a21f055516a22f0b88ef.jpg (575x800, 152K)

You should read it, the art is fantastic. Also there's a bunch of manga continuations of the story but I can't speak on their quality.

You can freeze with the air element. You can create solid nitrogen from the air, use it as armor, reflect with air. Send out a wave/knock people back, use air to increase pressure on people from afar.

Because fire is deadly irl. Work as a fireman for a year, and you will start to respect its scary strength.

fire is deadly, great insight that you learned after a year

When you put clever limits to abilities it's fun to see it play out. I like how powers were handled in Fire Punch for example.

gay

#burn

Yes, but you will learn to respect its destructive capabilities a lot more, when you are constantly around it and see it wreck shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=OSzsA_JssoM

>God Tier
Space, Time, Void

>High Tier
Plasma, Matter + Antimatter, Light

>Mid Tier
Darkness, Gravity, Lightning

>Low Tier
Magma, Fire, Ice

>Shit Wizard Tier
Water, Earth, Nature, Air

Pretty sure the ability to manipulate life and souls was the strongest.

Yep. Fire is the most destructive power (save powers that are literally just giant explosions) and because of that it’s hard to write anyone with fire.

>Villain
>uses Light element

Attached: krad.jpg (192x263, 11K)

Are there any characters who use fire creatively without straight up stepping into “flames with outright magical properties” territory? I seriously can’t think of any.

The first hokage in Naruto is the best implementation of Nature I've seen in any show ever.

>fire
>creative
Problem is, if you get TOO creative with fire, you end up with the more broken power of thermal control. And that just breaks universes (it's why Iceman is one of the most powerful X-Men)

No, it turned out that just means you need to burn them longer

I'm pretty sure ice is stronger, and this is only counting "natural elements used by edgy guys" not "let's count abstract shit as elements"

not even an element but light is always the strongest in that case.

Attached: Digimon1x13EldespertardeAngemon0001.jpg (1023x768, 144K)

wakey wakey fire fags
youtube.com/watch?v=33Mtww-fogk

>I haven't watched that series since I was around 8
>"YOU FUCKING UNDERAGE, GET OU-"
>Shaman King originally aired on 4Kids in 2003
fuck

Attached: 1432063026468.gif (240x180, 1.86M)

elemental shit is so painfully generic

>nothing personnel, light

Attached: 106398636_mediaitem106398635.jpg (976x549, 19K)

That's because his alchemy circle is on his gloves. Once he drew tattoo on his hand, rain was no longer a hindrance.

Amperage is what kills you, not voltage. Thats what people get wrong. Lightning Bolts are high voltage low amperage (relatively). A few milliamps is enough to stop your heart should it reach.

>getting mildly burnt on the hand is bad
>burn victims never survive
Yeah okay user.
>Ice
Melts into water. Also cold fucks them over.
>Lightning
They have a lethal and barring light, the fastest projectile.

>the average temperature of the entire universe is only 2 degrees from absolute zero
The absolute state of firefags

There's no such thing as "dark" just absence of light. Black holes are just gravity power.

Strongest Power was Father post country wide transmutation circle bar none

Fire and dark are trap options in video games and tabletop RPGs. Just let anime have this

If you stretch the details, making suns is just a really intense form of fire powers.

Speaking of which, why the fuck is "dark" always chaos in video games? Darkness is the natural state, light and life are the chaotic elements, while darkness and entropy are order.

Fire is such a boring power. Look at fucking Natsu. He's an annoying, stupid one-trick pony. I'm pretty sure 99% of Fire users are exactly the same shit, since their power is only meant to burn things. Can't be really creative with that.
In fact, if you want creativity with fire, you need very special setups (backdraft, flashover...) and then again, even that still remains limited because it's still just destruction in the end.
Funnily, in both of the abominations called Fairy Tail and Code:Breaker, the side MC has fire-based powers and is stupid compared to the lightning-wielding antagonist-but-actually-friend

Probably because dark represents the unknown in the most basic sense, and there's no reason a "natural state" couldn't be chaotic (if anything wouldn't it sort of have to be for things to leave a natural state?).

>I'm pretty sure 99% of Fire users are exactly the same shit, since their power is only meant to burn things. Can't be really creative with that
Mustang's main appeal was his character and the flame alchemy was only the cherry on top. There's a reason why the author only showed him wielding it in small doses, and half the time he was handicapped (flames don't work on the enemy, rain, glove gets shredded, etc.)

That said it was cool how one hand could do long range explosions and the other hand pinpointed blasts, as well as him utilizing the moisture in the air to his advantage once

kinda cool when the bad guy's only one who uses it

Attached: Shishio06.jpg (568x513, 67K)

Because it's the coolest

Attached: roy.png (427x427, 270K)

niggers are chaotic

its just too hard to put actual physics into elemental magic. avatar TLA combined lightning and fire together because pure fire was just lame.
i guess from a physics perspective fire is plasma and fire users should be able to control magnetism as well

Sauce?

in Shakugan no Shana, 90% of all magic manifests as either fire or runes.

Attached: 23wl6ie.jpg (1280x907, 100K)

Fire is one of the most destructive things out there, yet anime always portrays it as something on the level of fart gas that does nothing if the enemy is strong enough.

At least FMA tried.

Wrong.

JoJo steel ball run, this is stand called "Catch the raindbow"

Fucking lmao

In korra it was totally water though.

It's flashy as fuck and, much like lightning, one of the elements that strikes a sort of primal awe and even fear into the hearts of people.

Darkness is always the strongest element on average, even in Pokemon. Mainly because the wielder of darkness has to fight hordes of heroes at once

because the japs are creative bankrupt hacks and so are you honk

That video is sad and funny at the same time.

Classic hero element along with classic hero color Red

I'm more of a Wind+Green guy myself

>tfw you lose to sneaky pebbles

Attached: 1364252212102.jpg (640x480, 149K)

Or sand or metal

>mfw nobody likes Earth element unless it’s molten lava
>9/10 times lava is still put in the fucking Fire category anyway because hot

fuck you firefags you don’t have a monopoly on heat

Attached: 1CC7CFDD-B77F-4AE2-978A-3D361294E7D0.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

>In physics, energy is the quantitative property that must be transferred to an object in order to perform work on, or to heat, the object
Because fire is the most energy potent form of matter.

lol fire

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 104K)

>>wasn't the strongest in pokemon
Fire starter is literally always the strongest
Even more so once they started being fire/fighting and you could now fuck even rock

Hot damn, do stealth rocks still rule the meta? I haven't played that shit since like gen 5.

In flame of recca, fire manipulating is the power of MC and his rival.

Attached: For2_pachinko.jpg (980x929, 481K)

Plus jojo gets credit because its the first manga to bring it up

>Why is fire always the strongest element in anime?
Wut. It rarely is except MAYBE if it's an anime with just the basic 4, although even then most commonly it is just the firepower role but others are still critical. However most commonly stronger ones are:
-Light/Dark: often an MC element, can go to either hero or villain or both.
-Time/Space: tends to get into reality breaking territory
-Life/Soul/Spirit

At most, fire might be a strong one of the comrades/mooks. But it seems most common that anime makes the MC have something special to stand out and that one is actually the strongest.

The truly strongest element in anime is always willpower.

DARKNESS

FRIENDSHIP BASED WILLPOWER

This is your brain on too much Yea Forums

fire is literally worse electricity

>Gravity mid tier
Yeah, no way. It belongs at high at minimum.

Attached: 1533651341854.jpg (640x480, 31K)

>Fighting fire with fire

Get fucked firefag

Attached: 7cb.png (956x532, 885K)

ikr. I have seen enough fire animu to know not even click the video

Lightning > Water > Earth > Fire
fyre is a bit limited and it's just visually cool

still the stupidest shit I read

water < fire < air < dirt < magnets

Good opinion. I'd really like to see a lightning user utilize in-voluntary contractions in hand to hand combat, or a style built entirely around that.

Attached: 1482378753699.jpg (235x176, 12K)

All FMA girls are good, though.

We can all agree that Lightning and Water are the chad elements, right?

>magnets
how do they work?

>Flame of Recca
now that's a name I haven't heard for years

What about a fire powers that do time manipulation?
Yes there exists a manga where this is a thing.

Japanese literally worship fire, the sun and the blood line of Amaterasu (Nip emperor) who is basically the sun goddess.

Mustang wasn't a fire user, he transmuted gases. Explosions were just a convenient form of combat. He could just fill a room with poison or knock out people at whim

how did they beat him in the end?
I saw the anime only

They didnt. It ends with everybody being fucked.

The sun is not on fire

I dont think technicalities like that really matter.

Now I'm confused, he succesdes in his plan of killing every non shaman?

They didn't. He won the tournament, consumed Shaman King and annihilated humanity. But since everybody gets transported inside the Shaman King as a collection of spirits, they meet him in the afterlife and convince him to return things back to normal with the help of his dead mom who was the reason he wanted to kill all of humans to begin with.

So, in the end all the fighting was for nothing? Hao was unbeatable but by becoming god he just changed his mind? That's underwealming, but sounds pretty original

note taken....
still... imaishi opening and a sweet dub in my native language. I don't think I can resist giving the series watch too

IIRC the author didnt want fighting to be the solution to Haos conflict.

Cheers

Attached: olivier_mira_armstrong_by_keit45-d5lcryu.png (2200x1237, 525K)

The point of fighting was to learn each other through it. To that point fights are narratively made inconsequential by characters learning to resurrect others (which leads to an absolutely glorious fight where Yoh and Ren's teams fight, dismembering and killing each other just for because they want to really compare their strengths). This serves the theme that no matter how much violence one uses it can't provide him with a solution, and the only true solution is achieved through mutual understanding.

Fire is only strong when the author allow to burn shit, otherwise you get shit like Fairy Tail where its just a harder punch

Mustang was pretty op throughout the series. The only one who actually hard countered his flames was Gluttony.

Sounds like a hippy wrote it and I love it

Allright, I dropped in on the middle of the begining of the shaman tournmant years ago because of how generic it was, but you convinced me to give it a second try

Magma should be high tier. You take the best of both worlds from fire and earth.

>fire is just a harder punch
God I hated Fairy Tail.

Yeah, Takei is a huge pacifist hippy. But this original and conceptual outlook is what put SK in the top tier of shonen manga. Anime cosmically missed the point of it.

>Nicknamed the Flame Alchemist
He was for all intents and purposes a fire user, fire explosions was his only gimmick during the entire series.

>always
>strongest
It was very strong, but wasn't the strongest in the series. I'm not saying it's not strong or not cool it's just not always the strongest in the series.

oh then youre going to LOOOVE this one!

>Izumi is shit

Feel free to leave

You learn to respect it when being remotely near it for more than five minutes puts you at risk for blacking out due to heat stroke.

>Mid Tier Gravity
>When you can do 99% of what space and time do
>When you can easily trap and bend light
>When you are the void

Attached: Enigma.jpg (640x400, 108K)

notre dame pls

Unironically this. Portraying fire as a destructive an malevolent force early on to later revise it as an intense, yet tamable energy was the best development that show ever had. Better than MC-Kun getting magic pew-pew powers and only considering fire as an "elemental weakness".

I wouldn't know about strongest but it's definitely the comfiest. No other elements can compare.

I said empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless like water.
Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle.
You put water it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now water can flow or it can crash.
Be water my friend.

>Space, Time, Void
>God Tier

>Gravity
>Mid Tier

literal 60 IQ post

good post

Came here to post this.

>gravity
>mid
Get a load of this faggot

Attached: [tlacatlc6] Needless 11 (BD 1920x1080 x264 FLAC) [F34F3A37].mkv_snapshot_08.33_[2016.01.05_11.09.51] (1920x1080, 223K)

A E S T H I C C A L E B

I've loved Water ever since I read Samurai Deeper Kyo. Best element.

>read Negima
>wind, lightning, and ice magic all get used with interesting applications and eventually culminating in one of my favorite shonen powerups
>fire magic is only used by one early boss who used it for one generic fire blast, favoring time magic, and by the MC maybe 3 times total

Attached: ADC05F98-83C5-46AF-AD3C-3611FA28CB40.png (839x559, 528K)

>Author died
whelp

Always been partial to lightning myself.

Attached: 98c31a47945ab2a5310783b6be654301.jpg (423x800, 51K)

unchallenged best girl

Attached: otku_c49038385428ec4c.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

This.

what burns never returns

That is quite literally untrue.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_burn
>Controlled burning stimulates the germination of some desirable forest trees, and reveals soil mineral layers which increases seedling vitality, thus renewing the forest.

fire+hax ability is just unstoppable

Attached: d741960c2a83a67f43b97a0daaf27f1b93759d47_hq.jpg (1024x805, 179K)

>fire
>strongest
LMAO

Attached: akainu shitposting.gif (420x273, 999K)

Moving like the wind, with the strength of the earth, heart calm and flowing like water, with attacks holding the blazing power of fire... Quadruple Giga!

>There's no such thing as "dark" just absence of light
That's what dark is dumbass.

My nigga

Attached: 1FD3A489-8DA9-402B-B2E4-D75C5F8E31A6.jpg (963x977, 375K)

Fire user personality ranking
>Best
Calm and calculated
Introspective
Scholarly
>Good
Easygoing
Friendly
>Bad
Angry
Apathetic
>Shit
Hotblooded dumbass
Edgelord

Attached: 0b78b7ed14e2fed814e0833600937c71dd193ded.jpg (640x480, 226K)

for the same reason why you should only ever pick fire starters in pokemon

But Bulbasaur and Mudkip are the ez modo of their regions.

Way too soon, user.

mu'fuckin GetBackers

>Darkness is actually Gravity

Attached: 49_05.png (891x1300, 508K)

Tokyo has been on fire so many goddamn times, it's become ingrained in the Japanese psyche.

Is there anyone he can't beat?

Attached: fire_punch.png (827x1300, 186K)

El Hermano de Zeno

>Plasma higher than gravity
This is your brain on 1800s science

Mustang's fire was absolutely the strongest. It was the only thing that they actively commented on being useful that he couldn't see, because even Father thought it could be a problem.

And there's usually things deliberately working to counter and nerf him somehow. Plus he can kill any homunculus short of Gluttony, and could probably even take him out without the full mouth opening.

>light when all it does is you can't see
>higher than dark that all it does is you can't see

Magnetism is stronger than gravity

Spirit of Fire is powerful, but it wasn't hax due to its own abilities. It was hax due to Hao handling it. It becomes less awesome when Lyserg gets his hands on it.

It's their own fucking fault for building literally everything using bamboo and paper.

>waifufag shits up a thread thus derailing it
Every.
Fucking.
Time.

Nah

New Mai Hime series when?

>Izumi is shit
the first half of your post was correct
I retract my earlier statement, she is also an acceptable choice

Settings where earth = steel make it popular as fuck for chuunis.

This.

Main characters are always fire

stick your hand into live high voltage electrical conductors and tell me how your hand comes out

Which is why it never kills
Yeah but most people can’t visualize how it works because it’s much weaker IRL than gravity

Darkness is a concept. We're discussing things that physically exist here, as light does.
On a PHYSICAL level, light exists and dark doesn't.