It's back baby! How long you think will this Berserk run last? maybe this time it won't stop until the end!

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-04-13/berserk-manga-resumes-after-8-month-hiatus/.145550

It's back baby! How long you think will this Berserk run last? maybe this time it won't stop until the end!

Attached: ghattzsxu laugh.png (1500x993, 702K)

we're getting 3 chapters this year max then another hiatus

He will do 4 side chapters, then hiatus again.

2013 - 0 releases

Attached: 1555086539283.png (746x532, 207K)

>"Sorry for the miscommunication, Miura Kentarou is scheduled to return to the current Young Animal circulation but he will do so with more Gigantomachia releases."

Attached: file.png (550x413, 272K)

why what was he doing?

Attached: The BEARD.png (1668x690, 493K)

We just dont know

>last

I'd give it five chapters before the end of the year max user

every time the hiatus ends, the art evolves significantly.

I wonder how the next chapter will look.

hmm I never really noticed the art changing THAT much before he switched to digital?

>the end
user

>maybe this time it won't stop until the end!
Sure he will.

Attached: 1548516589765.gif (800x701, 1.28M)

8 months, could have made a kid in this time.

Like 15 chapters and a sudden hiatus that last 4 months

Attached: BERSERKUCKS.gif (400x250, 1.84M)

>four

Oh you naive fool it's going to be two chapters max then nothing for another year and a half

flip those numbers around and you have something closer to the truth.

what the fuck has miura been doing these past 8 months?

>no one mentioning that's it's already confirmed as a Griffith chapter

Attached: 1555055770885.png (1175x1320, 514K)

what else m8 planning what the story's ending is going to ultimately be

I think the better question is why does he take so many hiatus in the first place,has he really been burnt out of him own story so much?

Was Guts gay for Griffith?

griffith was gay for guts
guts was straight

but tvtropes told me otherwise

gUys i have a question, im rereading vol 18 and im at the part where the mother breaks the law to save her baby and is tortured. in the next few pages there is a mother with a dead baby in her arms and bandages on her hands and feet, is this the same woman?

I only vaguely remember what you're talking about but I think it is the same woman and baby. What chapter?

im reading it physically so i cant tell you the overall chapter

>reading tvtropes

Attached: 1506730299113.png (369x334, 157K)

Enjoy your Griffith chapters

is it not a reliable source?

where you in the "ho yay" section

no, it is not

yes

>April 26
>Chapter comes out
>11 pages of Griffith and his army walking through some pretty place
>Final page ends in a cliffhanger when a troll shoots an arrow to Griffith's back
>5 months hiatus
>Next chapter has Griffith effortlessly stopping the arrow on the first page
>More irrelevant shit

Attached: grifispng.jpg (299x168, 8K)

>it's another Griffith chapter

Attached: miuraraffs.jpg (490x723, 52K)

it;s full of fujos who want to justify why they think every fictional character of all time is gay.

Is that the only photo of Miura that exists?

there's a few but it's less than five total and some of them are decades old.

Attached: 5182616_640px.jpg (640x814, 50K)

It's the only one I know of. And it happens to be the face I imagine he has every time he goes on hiatus.

He does it in purpose, doesn't he?

Attached: miurasmug.jpg (1220x1220, 351K)

does the transition to blu ray make the new series any more watchable?

>Next chapter comes out.
>Chapter starts with Guts and Casca meeting.
>It's a happy and tear filled reunion.
>Moonboy appears and Casca knows it is their child, so they adopt it.
>Guts decides to settle down here and never leave Casca's side.
>Guts hangs up the sword and finally gets to ease up and be a father.
>Rickert comes to the island with his friends, and they have a happy reunion.
>Then Griffith appears to him as a vision and tells him that he is sorry and that he wont bother them ever again.
>Then Griffith goes on to do his own thing and never bothers them again.
>And they all live happily ever after
>The end, manga over.
How would you react to such an ending?

Attached: 97EC8277-2144-43E0-88E5-55ABA7C1FB12.png (967x954, 554K)

did you write something so terrible and conceptually inconsistent on purpose?

That would be stupid to say the least. I would rather get no ending than one so atrociously out of place.

He's been working on it for decades. When he started he was a young man and now hes almost elderly. Yes, he's burned out.

a lot of the shots are better but there's only so much you can do

Im making fun of the rushed manga endings we get every time something ends. Recently seven deadly sins ended worse than a 12 car pile up.

Hooker and blow

did they at least fix the fucking berserker armour handcanon scene?

are you sure it was berserk because I don't remember that scene at all

>he doesn't remember how Mozgus' fun-room was introduced

I'll check back in 20 years and maybe Berserk will almost be over.

maybe your life will be over first

Yeah, they tortured her by burning her feet with coals in return for saving the baby, but they didn't actually save it because everything around the tower is fucked

>Hurry up and end just fucking end right now I don't even care how as long as it ends SOON
I'll never understand this thought process in regards to anything I'm enjoying, especially Berserk. And if I weren't enjoying it I'd have moved. I'd sooner Berserk stop for good where it is than have some unsatisfying rushed as fuck ending just for the sake of it ending. But I'd prefer if the manga went on for a while and fully utilized all of its characters and recent world building with Fantasia, World Tree branches, the Bakiraka, Elfhelm's wizards, Ys Kingdom, Falconia, Moonboy, Skull Knight, the Mad Dog, the Neo Hawks, the Godhand, the Idea of Evil, the Heavenly Kings, et cetera - to the utmost. Give them more than a token line or mention before attempting to sweep them under the rug as soon as possible. Let them all play a role and feed in to a real fucking climax in this giant fantasy world where mankind, myth, and Gods are all brought together.

This could be amazing but because it's done nothing but stall out for years people just want it dead. Especially since most of the people left talking about are pining for [insert ""best part"" here] and have decided they hate everything else. So as someone who still loves this manga and sees nothing but potential it's frustrating on all fronts.

If chapters came out regularly every month for a long time, and it felt like the story was heading somewhere again, it would do a lot to break up the monotony of endless negativity. There'd be more people that actually look forward to what will happen beyond "THE END." Speaking of which:

>How long you think will this Berserk run last?
Maybe four chapters in a row then another eight month hiatus.

Attached: Berserk v31 p079a.jpg (1162x735, 600K)

question for you user did you enjoy the "sea" god arc?

Not that user but I sure did.

it's going to be a Griffith chapter, isn't it?

Attached: char3.jpg (639x479, 76K)

I wish it was a Rickert chapter personally.

He was writing Gigantomakhia

I forgive him.

That isn't confirmed, the art on the cover is from a previous chapter
Can anyone translate the moon runes?

Attached: 1555055348619.jpg (1280x899, 810K)

Why wouldn't it be? He's the hero of the story after all.

Attached: er.png (750x512, 438K)

I really did. It served its purpose as a minor interlude to introduce the full consequences of a changed world. Much the same way the first part of Enoch village did after Femto's reincarnation at Albion. The obvious Lovecraft inspiration was enjoyable, since I like the Shadow over Innsmouth short story. People hate Bonebeard but he was basically like Adon 2.0, and I like the opportunity for character growth he provided for Isidro, who's slowly and steadily coming into his own as a fighter. There was also growth for Guts and hints at the form his inner conflict might take in the future. I also like Isma as a minor side character, Roderick had some cool moments. Not the best, but pretty solid for an introductory side story, and it served the characters and setting better than most will admit.

Attached: Berserk_v33_p077.jpg (2968x4275, 2.38M)

Also the mermaids showing up is a cool visual, don't forget that.

It's probably going to be enough chapters to complete another full volume before the end of the year. Last volume was 7 chapters so we need 6 chapters.
Honestly expecting that we get 6 chapters total this year.

>Togashi and Miura are both moving along at a "volume a year" pace
Oh I hate this

I bet most people who complain about Berserk never ending are those who are new readers and they're just impatient having to wait for new chapters.
I've been following Berserk for the last 12 years and at this point I don't even get surprised when Miura disappears for over 6 months since it's happened so many times before as well.

Absolutely. I love the switch to Fantasia so far. Trolls, ogres, giants, dragons, mermaids, sea monsters. I want to see more happen with it.

Attached: Berserk_v37c325p19-20.png (2234x1600, 1.87M)

>tfw been reading Berserk since 2008

Attached: Man queuing at the airport.jpg (594x334, 98K)

Yeah i've been reading this shit since '14 and even I get annoyed by the newfaggots.

>12 years

how long ago was the very first chapter?

Early 90s I think? Looked it up, apparently 1988 was the prototype, the first volume 1990.

1989, so it's been several centuries.

At the current pace, Miura will probably die within the next 15 or so chapters.
He should probably start training an apprentice,
so that Berserk can continue after he dies.

Attached: berserk takes too freaking long.png (902x2552, 782K)

Berserk needs money, i heard that /vg sent a player to a tournament...we could send
this, luckily i found warhammer and all i need is a bit of anime and tv until my final days

>, luckily i found warhammer
I would also recommend the Malazan series by Steven Erikson and Ian Esslemont. The amount of suffering in those stories reminds me of Berserk in many ways.

How many more times must Griffith and his new squad flex on fodder?

I bet no longer than 2 chapters. Miura's heart is simply no longer in it, and if you'd be honest with yourselves, you'd see this to be true as well. ;_; Togashi is the same way. In fact, I truly doubt they even know how they would go about ending their stories anymore, if they ever did...They need to pass them off to someone they trust to do them well, and with heart instead of killing us all slowly with this continual spiraling HELL of hiatuses.

Why don't people figure out the endings to their stories before they start them?

This shit can end in 15 chapters or so if he wants to. What's left? We sorta got Caska back so 1 or 2 chapters of that and then the fight against Femto. This shit has gone on for too long and the drop in quality, both art and story telling, has been clear for a while now.
I mean it's been 30 years for fuck sake, we deserve an ending and I don't think we're getting a good one regardless how many "hiatus" Miura takes.

>we deserve an ending
I'm sorry, did you say you're ENTITLED to something? A white man saying he's ENTITLED to the fruits of an Asian man's labors? Really fuckface? You REALLY went there?

>this has been clear for a while now
Yeah I agree that the last 6 chapters have had bad art

I can sorta understand Miura, I mean it's been 30 years and Berserk wasn't something he set out to make so it would go on for as many years as it has now. He is a lazy piece of shit though, one would think he would rush to finish up his series after so long but he still manages to sneak in a few chapters that can't be describe as anything but filler every now and then.
And Togashi should have ended HxH after election arc

If you don't feel worried over a story you followed for over a decade or two not getting a proper conclusion, then were you ever truly passionate about it in the first place?

Attached: 1551059701243.png (954x1019, 164K)

but things like the first arc were very clearly planned out well in advance it's only after guts gets new "friends" that the story starts to meander & lose focus

Miura's going to get to it sooner or later, the man's old and he's already said that he's doing his best to keep himself healthy.
I don't see the point in whining every day about it when it's obvious that he'll take time between chapters. I've been through many of the hiatuses and know what to expect.

I don't think people complain about him taking half a year breaks every 4 chapters that much. Most complain I read is about the man's laziness, quality drop and a sense of lack of interest to wrap things up and finish from Miura

I'd love for it to have a proper conclusion. One that's worthy of it, and isn't just a pitiful mercy kill. And for whose sake? Certainly not mine. Ending this story within a handful of chapters is the narrative equivalent of the noncommittal shrug. I'd sooner be left with my own imagination than that. Because I do have great passion for it.

Attached: Berserk_v37c327p13.png (969x1400, 456K)

Mark spoilers pls

Er, I've seen much more people complain about how long it takes for a new chapter to come out and Miura's laziness than about a drop in quality of the art/story.
These Berserk general threads during a hiatus are almost always the same without new material to talk about, anyway.

>Berserkfags will never see their manga reach an end
Kinda puts a grin on my face. Stop being so melodramatic about an edgy manga and go find something else to do.

Sadly enough after all these years I doubt you're getting a good ending user, either Miura drags this shit for another 10 years or he rushes for an ending so he can fuck off. And honestly I would rather have a rushed ending.
Rather see Berserk quick and painless I suppose.

Those bangs look familiar

Eh I guess. Maybe I just filter the cries for new Berserk chapters or Miura taking a break. But in the last few years the discussion has most surely shifted to the drop in quality and filler.

I'm going to try to stay optimistic. I'm still having fun with this story. I wish more people were, perhaps Miura included.

Attached: You talkin shit about my waifu.png (1121x1600, 766K)

im getting older, bros... i can only feel despair and pity when i think about old berserkfags who have been in this ride for decades, i was a teenager when i started reading and im an adult now
it only gets worse when you realize miura has also aged a lot but the manga is stuck in time

It's crazy that this manga has been running for 20 years

>20 years
user...

More than 30 actually.

Did this nigga just send a d-mail from 2009?

user...

they should rename "Guts" to "Farts"
I would giggle SO HARD when they say it

Its not melodramatic whatsoever to hope as a faithful follower/reader to be given an eventual conclusion to a beloved story that both you and countless others have read and kept up with going on nearly 4 decades. I'm not mad or whatever at all. It would just be great to eventually see it. To see Miura SHOW US that he still has the DESIRE required to even give the story that eventual ending it deserves...That's all. Sorry that's not melodramatic, "THAT FAGGOT MIURA!" "FUCK YOU MIURA, FUCK YOU!"...enough for you.

Attached: gatts.jpg (265x191, 8K)

at least Berserk has art.

>edgy manga
The manga was super edgy, and then it became more hopeful - happy even - only to get really edgy again, and now it's more hopeful and happy again. Honestly even in its more edgy parts there was almost always a ray of hope somewhere. That said it'll probably get super edgy again eventually if the story can actually progress.

Attached: Literal inner conflict.jpg (2968x4275, 2.07M)

Attached: Kentaro Miura panders to his fetishes.png (500x475, 156K)

Piss loli never fails to make me smile, and I only really like one of those things.

Attached: Berserk_v16_p148.png (1211x1800, 545K)