How do you deal with the anxiety of knowing that you're probably reading some broken subs

How do you deal with the anxiety of knowing that you're probably reading some broken subs

Attached: subs.png (419x239, 178K)

I don't

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (704x480, 45K)

By not being a plotfag

Attached: 1528386905397.jpg (225x225, 10K)

By learning some japanese

You should understand that, when reading any translation, it's about concepts rather than literal meaning. Those two subs are essentially the same thing, but with a different attitude. And the tone of Misato's voice should tell you her attitude. So long as the subs get the basic concept across, you should be able to fill in the rest.

By watching the dub

Japanese has some really weird phrasing at times. Doing straight translations will often sound weird. Are you saying the first one is more accurate? Misato isn't in a relationship and having sex with Shinji wouldn't constitute an affair the way people speaking English think about it.

that's the same shit

There is no actual difference between these two, they just use different words.

Attached: [ɐ] Neon Genesis Evangelion - 01 [480p].jpg (640x432, 63K)

only a thing in garbage languages like chinese and japanese, where people unironically have to guess eachother's meanings even in day-to-day conversation

Attached: mr.ahegao_21295070_1859393300754131_8895730963485556736_n.jpg (774x647, 152K)

found the monolingual

That's every language dumbass. You can say the same thing in twenty different ways in English too.

Attached: 1487459034990.png (665x416, 284K)

user, you have a tenuous grasp on English, I'm not gonna take what you have to say about language in general seriously.

You monolingual burgers are so embarrassing. you can't even speak the only language that you should be able to speak properly.

Man, you're so smart.

>the man saw the boy with the telescope
it's called context, and you do that exact type of ""guessing"" every day

by this point I know the language well enough to fill in the gaps bad subs leave

As someone who understands enough japanese to read manga and watch anime raw I find it amusing that it's usually the fags with close to zero knowledge of both Japanese and the concept of translations in general that complain most about them.

I don't know the language well enough but anime lines are so generic I can do the same.

How do you deal with being autistic and dyslexic and stupid?

They hated user because he spoke the truth.

>How do you deal with being artistic and studly?
Gosh, user, buy him a drink first.

If the meaning makes sense and seems natural I have no complaints

Attached: subs.jpg.png (680x1151, 618K)

>Facebook memes

Hey I put a whole two minutes worth of work into that. Show some respect

Doesn't matter as long as you get the gist

This triggers the weebs

>it's a "13 year old thinks translations can be 100% technically accurate" episode

Unbelievably pathetic.

That is realistically what a 14 year old would say in 2015. Just be happy Shinji didn't dab in the mech after he killed an angel.

She's saying the same thing. She's a bit more blunt on one end but she's more close to her character on the other.
it's pretty much the same though, but if you want to know which subs are better asking 4 channel dot com is always an option.

Why are americans horrified by the concept of learning about foreign cultures?

true. All those barbaric languages don't have the precision of the supérieur langage : French!
j'aime l'oignon

Attached: f00b5cccb889e9222ffac2beaecaf514.jpg (750x1100, 163K)