Re: Zero Is a masterpiece

A lot of contrarians hate on things simply because they are popular. Rightfully so considering most popular things are garbage.

However, these same people wrongfully criticize Re:zero which is a masterpiece of writing and a 10/10 anime. This thread is to discuss why Re:zero is a masterpiece

Attached: wsqd0bg29hvz.jpg (1024x731, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tw1m4T-1gTo?t=39
youtu.be/fRDKX1-ftCM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Re: Zero Is a masterpiece

Attached: hapaw_250.jpg (184x184, 13K)

have we gone full circle and now re:zero is back to masterpiece status until s2 comes out?

youtu.be/Tw1m4T-1gTo?t=39

At 43 seconds in you see the foreshadowing of subaru's character arc and his flaws represented very subtly. He smirks when Rem turns around and screams his name because he's trying to look cool and he is delighted by the fact that he's manipulating the people around him.

This show truly is a masterpiece of writing that takes a 200 iq to really appreciate.

Attached: 1546136490682.png (151x166, 13K)

I am part of the re zero internet defense force and right now it's popular to shit on it on Yea Forums. I will do my best until i force you all to like it.

isekai is fucking ruining anime

Brainlet

Attached: 1511050984277.png (482x768, 197K)

>says newfag that does not remember Magic Academia Battle Harem era

or maybe it's just shit. Did you ever think of that, op?

Seething BattleHaremcuck

Attached: emi luv.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

This is the character arc that this one smile foreshadows. Fucking deep shit man.

Attached: 1519212498981.png (500x2810, 1.72M)

thats still here just with an isekai'd mc that changes nothing about the story / genre

name your top 3 favorite anime then you shill

based

eat shit redditor

Attached: 5DDC03BB-F03F-4D0C-B378-F689301E7703.jpg (1099x1195, 479K)

i see you are a smart one

Not liking re:zero is the epitome of reddit. You all regurgitate gigguk, mother's basement and digibros opinions like lemmings.
> "Isekai is oversaturating anime"
>"Re zero is entertaining but that's all it is"

Go slurp on digicucks pubes redditor.

Attached: 5w63GubFOC70KEc3tnFLVRzKbAeyj01ZIqLrjd3ersQ.jpg (595x741, 116K)

Beako is best girl.

>the fact that he's manipulating the people around him
He's not fooling anyone. It's feedback bias.

>re(ddit) : zero
>masterpiece
It was overall ok but its no where near masterpiece tier

>literally gigguk's opinion regurgitated onto a post

Go away reddit. IT WAS A MATERPIECE

The point is that he's striking a pose.

I agree

Attached: 6p7a9p31zed21.jpg (477x767, 48K)

backspaced the 5 on accident

Natsuki is a girls name.
Subaru's actions and decisions range from confusing to frustratingly spiteful for the audience.

Natsuki is a last name.

Nothing about Subaru's actions or decision are confusing. Don't know what you mean by "frustratingly spiteful for the audience." Sounds like word salad.

You are big gay

Attached: oL3cOXS.jpg (839x774, 79K)

I just kinda wish tappei would have let beatrice keep her mana pool
Beatrice is just such a good girl

Attached: 1464644401622-a.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

>natsuki is a girl's name

Attached: 1471373196970-a.jpg (989x900, 814K)

It's the running joke of tappei always having subaru get his new power nerfed.

First subaru's magic is nerfed because he overused it and ruined his gate

Then he's only able to use a single unseen hand and only for a short amount of time

Then subaru gets an uber powerful loli spirit and she ends up shooting all of her load on the rabbit mabeast.

Attached: 1555040934677.gif (400x510, 2.74M)

It's frustrating the way the way he takes so long to figure out things that are obvious to the audience and presumably would be obvious to him since he's established as being so savey about Light novel story trends.

They try to make him holmes and watson at the same time because there are rarely opportunities where he can honestly talk to people about what he's experienced.

>it's frustrating the way he takes so long to figure out things that are obvious

Like what?

>they try to make him holmes and watson

shut the fuck up redditor this is Yea Forums not shit western writing board

Attached: 9lmmm8oup5301.jpg (1024x614, 119K)

>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. >If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]
>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]
>[Subaru: Heh?]
Raw Version ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
WN Eng Version remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
LN Yen Press Version pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr

take your shipfaggotry to a different thread this thread is about battling the anti-anime redditors raiding this board constantly.

Fuck off newfag. I’ve been doing this for years and I’m not going to stop anytime soon.

I know you've been doing this for years and it's annoying and gay. Nobody cares about your canceled ship because rem will never come back you retard.

I wish LN writing wasn't so shit so I could read it. Have to wait for S2 now

why are you not flaming the tripfag who keeps spamming that pic instead? retarted fucktard

>Rem will never comeback
Keep telling yourself that

This has to be bait. No one could actually be this retarded right?

Attached: 3.jpg (520x600, 97K)

I am OP. Look at the pic used in OP. I think rem and subaru but I accept the reality that she's never coming back.

His post wasn't centered around shipfaggotry. He had an image with a ship in it which I did too in the OP so I would be hypocritical to criticize.

Brainlet

Attached: 1511315694579.jpg (728x1160, 224K)

shipperfags

Eat my ass faggot

you have a mental disorder

>she’s never coming back
>Arc 6 is dedicated to Subaru waking up Rem
Even if she dies she’s probably just going to live inside Subaru’s head with everyone else

I just hope you dont end up killing yourself since you've dedicated so much of your life to shilling this ship if you turn out to be wrong then that would be embarrasing.

I’m not the one saying the author is going to kill off the character that 50% of the fan base votes as their favorite character. Or kill a character before their various plot lines payoff.

i haven't dedicated half of my life spamming the same message over and over again

>half my life
And it’s not even me 100% of the time, other people do it too

Isekai Higurashi. How original.

Attached: (((.jpg (373x442, 66K)

They aren't even similar outside of the time travel aspect. Higurashi is so much worse than re zero it isn't even funny.

Higurashi is like a 7/10 while re zero is a 10/10

>A lot of contrarians hate on things simply because they are popular. Rightfully so considering most popular things are garbage.
>However, these same people wrongfully criticize Re:zero which is a masterpiece of writing and a 10/10 anime. This thread is to discuss why Re:zero is a masterpiece
And you have arguments that aren't based in simple asumptions? no wait, you are an autistic faggot that think because you liked it it is a masterpiece, fuck off.

>and you have any arguments that aren't based in simple assumptions?

What? Yeah I've had arguments in this very thread.
See:
I don't know what you mean by "simple assumptions" sounds pretentious to me.

There is literally nothing wrong with re zero and it is a masterpiece.

Is Re:Zero the Rick and Morty of 4channel peasants?

No. Not liking re: zero is the rick and morty of 4channel peasants.

Off yourself

O
MY
FRIENDSHIP

Attached: 73tdrhl386yz.png (1024x576, 255K)

It's entertaning but it has a lot of problems that i think comes from a bad adaptation that tried to cover as much possible without going in depth with any of the topics, at least that's what sourcefags told me.

I really enjoyed the first 10/15 episodes, then it really went down for me, too much melodrama etc.

Is it bad? I just downloaded it and was gonna start reading it after watching the anime

>it's etertaning but it has a lot of problems
Ok gigguk.
>it's a bad adaptation that tries to cover as much possible
I've read the WN, LN and the manga. This is dumb.
>10/15 episodes then it really went down for me
So you didn't enjoy the best episode? Episode 18? Brainlet.

Not me but no it's good. He's a brainlet.

Why bother watching the anime if you are just going to read it?

It is a bad adaption.

why? be specific. Tell me what you didn't like that was in the WN or LN

Sorry meant that I just finished the anime and liked it. So now I'm gonna read the LN

Oh I don’t know all the cut scenes, how they completely cut out Subaru and Rem’s relationship, and especially the ending.

The Eng LN pretty much only covers the anime, you’ll have to read the WN if you want to start on season 2 material which to do you’ll have to read the LN to get all those cut scenes and character development otherwise you’ll be confused.

So in reality you are upset that they cut the one scene near the ending where subaru and Rem confess to each other.

Dumb rem fags i swear

I’m not. Really shows how much you’ve read the LN/WN to trivialize the cuts to “one scene”.

The LN I torrented is 1-9 isn't the anime just up to 3 or something

The anime is up to vol 9.
Vol 1 is the captial arc.
Vol 2,3 is the mansion arc.
Vol 4-9 is the white whale, witch cult arc.

what scenes were cut that were even half important?

Why should I waste my time is you are going to boil it down to “dumb remfag”, I’m not even a god damn Remfag. I already know you haven’t read either the LN or WN if you don’t think it’s a bad adaption.

unironically a good era

>make a claim
>refuse to substantiate it
Ok retard. I can't disprove your statements if you refuse to back it up. Nothing stood out to me in the WN/LN that I felt shouldn't have been removed.

The confession seen was redundant considering all of that characterization was captured better in the episode 18 confession.

Oh interesting. Thanks for the heads up

>The confession seen was redundant considering all of that characterization was captured better in the episode 18 confession.
No. It cannot be redundant if Subaru didn’t realize to himself how important Rem is to him in Episode 18.
>all of that characterization
What characterization?

He did realize how important Rem was to him in episode 18.

The characterization of Rem and Subaru in episode 18. This is further expressed in episode 21. Any more than this and it would feel like it was shoved down our throat.

youtu.be/fRDKX1-ftCM

Not the user your replying to but okay I got a thing for you. Defend the scene where Rem sacrifices herself to the white whale. The in the LN and WN, Subaru desperately grabs Rem and hugs her trying to stop her, in the Anime the carriage is bumped and they fall into each other.

If it was so redundant than why did Tappei write a second scene?

I don’t believe that you’ve read either the scenes.

>MC is a retard who only becomes less retarded when the female lead is gone
>The third arc lasted fucking forever
>wasted two books on a stupid whale fight that didn't matter
>wasted time introducing characters who really should've been introduced in the second arc
>wasted time reintroducing a character who did fucking nothing for the next thirteen books
>MC, who is a useless fuckbag, solves everything flawlessly the first time he actually tries
>Promises of Emelia being interesting that go thoroughly unfulfilled until, like, volume 14
>The only other character who shares Subaru's Isekaitis has nothing to say about their respective situations

Look, I wanted to like Re: Zero. Re: Zero's story isn't bad. Its characters are... fine, I guess. Its setting is serviceable. But the way that that story and that setting and those characters are presented and paced is the worst. There is too much shit weighing Re: Zero down for it to ever be good without a total rewrite.

I liked the show but it's far from a masterpiece.
I really like the concept and some of the writing and plot points, I like a lot of the characters and some parts of the world but it really doesn't do much to be called a masterpiece.

>cinematography
The directing gets the point across but isn't incredible, and even when it tries to be subtle it's not great at it. I can't recall many shots that stuck with me, with most of them being relatively generic shot reverse shot, and closeups at uninteresting angles. That doesn't mean no shots stuck with me. a few shots at the finale the shot when the furry thing goes berserk, and the shots with the whales were pretty great.

>visuals
The aesthetic is alright and competent but not masterwork.

A REALLY BIG PET PEEVE OF MINE IS WHERE THEY CHOSE TO CUT CORNERS

They chose to cut corners in visuals in really annoying ways. It's very important for an animation, especially with a limited time and budget to cut certain corners to be able to add polish to important places. This can include both in episode and in part of the world. The choices rezero made to cut corners were abysmal. It felt like the whole show had one quality and it was all just alright, they tried to implement CG to make things better but in the end they didn't use very good CG and it was to its detriment.

I also think a lot of the world design ended up being very bland and boring.
I would like it a lot more if they would try and make sure there's more aesthetically interesting portions even at a hit to the animation.

>sound design
I liked the voice acting. and some parts of the sound design are solid like that plot twist noise uh eha uhhh thing, but most of the soundtrack or sound design wasn't very memorable.

>character design
I'm a bit 50 50 on that one. some I really liked, some I really didn't like. I didn't like most of the main cast's designs, but I also really liked some of the side characters.
TLDR: Show's good but not a masterpiece.

>>Promises of Emelia being interesting that go thoroughly unfulfilled until, like, volume 14
she got interesting?

I just rewatched that anime scene and he does hug her and tells her not to go so what's the problem?

because the whale fight is longer in writing than in actual animation so a second scene is justified.

>MC is a retard who only becomes less retarded when female lead is gone.
Don't know what your talking about
>Third arc lasted forever
Don't care virgin
>MC solves everything the first time he tries
wrong retard

god you should just kill yourself.

Emilia is a highly underrated character and she compliments Subaru's shitty fucked up characterization perfectly.

Both of them are fucked in the head

>cinematography. . . uninteresting angles
Pretentious retard.
>visuals. . . cut corners
retard
>sound design
Okay this was the worst thing I've ever fucking read.
>Character design
this was the second worst thing I've ever read

All of this was you just asserting your opinions without giving any specific examples. All of the songs stuck with me. I liked all of the character designs I liked the visuals and I liked the cinematography.

Without specific examples and arguments for why the only response I can give you is: "Okay retard."

Attached: 59279033_p0_master1200.jpg (700x522, 375K)

>Don't know what your talking about
Subaru's ability to make good decisions is proportional to the physical distance between himself and Emelia.
>Don't care virgin
If you don't care that a series has bad pacing, then I guess that's your prerogative. i do.
>wrong retard
So you just don't remember how the third arc ended, then?

Emilia is such a mediocre character though. She’s probably the only major character who’s interaction with Subaru is boring and forced

Anyone who defends this anime is fucking retarded

It's not forced at all. Honestly, they feel more natural than anything. if at all, Subaru's interactions with Rem seem out of place and forced all throughout the series. Rem literally kills him twice because "m-muh witches scent" and still Subaru feels some sort of love or likability with her. That's not realistic at all, and quite simply, silly.

The fourth arc is when Emelia's character outside her role as Subaru's primary love interest gets developed and what exactly she and Puck have been hiding gets revealed. It's not exactly stellar character writing, but her bone to pick with the Archbishops and the Witch Cult is even more severe than Rem's.

>subaru's ability . . .
This is just wrong.
>bad pacing
It does not have bad pacing. You didnt complain about bad pacing you complained that the arc was "too long." There's nothing that says that every single arc needs to have the same amount of content in it therefore length and pacing are not necessarily connected.
>so you don't remember how the first arc ended
He dies like a gazzillion times in that arc what are you talking about.

>Subaru's interactions with Rem seem out of place and forced all throughout the series. Rem literally kills him twice because "m-muh witches scent" and still Subaru feels some sort of love or likability with her. That's not realistic at all, and quite simply, silly.
Hello retard

>Rem literally kills him twice
Ok you shouldn’t discuss a series when you don’t know what you’re talking about

> I LIKE EVERYTHING AND YOU ARE A RETARD
> HOW DARE YOU BASH MY FAVORITE SERIES
> EVEN THOUGHT YOU GIVEN EXAMPLES OF THINGS YOU LIKED AND WERE FAIR TO THE SHOW I"M GONNA ACT LIKE AN ABSOLUTE FAGOT AND SAY I LIKED EVERYTHING

If you'd actually read the shit I wrote you see I said I liked the show, but it had its downfalls
I VERY CLEARLY STATED I LIKED THE SHOW

>not willing to understand the show is shot reverse shot for the most part
>Most shows cornet cut in one way or another, welcome to animation retard. This show cut corners by having some CG work on less focus heavy portions for example.
>says it's the worst thing I've read without giving any examples or pointing out anything. Does that mean you also disagree with the compliments I gave the sound design?
>using worst thing I read as an argument again without any examples

Is that what you do when trying to look at something critically? you curl into a ball and say " RETARD RETARD RETARD" over and over?
Grow up.

Wow, great response. I suppose you believe that Subaru meeting with a beautiful, welcoming girl who gave him warmth, comfort, and friendship in a harsh unknown world that he was suddenly exposed to is beyond your autismo social skills for attachment and bonding. Meanwhile Rem did nothing of that at all and actually tortured him and brutally murdered him, and showed hostility toward him along with her sister. This makes no fucking sense at all. If you want to defend that then go ahead. Meanwhile Emilia never did any of the sort and only sought to defend and protect Subaru before he went full fucking retard and became a self absorbed twat, which he fixed later on the series. Try posting a better argument.

>Re:zero which is a masterpiece of writing

Attached: Rem.jpg (720x468, 45K)

GREAT argumentation skills remtard. Yet again proof that remtards are the absolute worst fans of Re:Zero and provide absolutely zero discussion other than copy and pasting excerpts from the web novel. Wonderful, your contribution to this thread is beyond compare.

>i like the show but it has downfalls
Is literally gigguks opinion. You are just regurgitating other people's opinions that are wrong.

>blah blah blah
Stop having a mental breakdown retard. Re zeros music was awesome and I still listen to all of the songs TO THIS DAY.

That would be 10/10 anime

Why didn't Subaru reveal anything about his condition in a roundabout way? It seemed like he could discuss it a little bit without the witch trying to kill him, so long as he didn't mention anything about the time travel directly. He even mentioned events from previous lives directly without consequences other than a "huh?" From the other characters. Just fucking say "I have a magic condition which suppresses information about itself." And be done with it, so much less tiresome fuckery.

>Meanwhile Rem did nothing of that at all and actually tortured him and brutally murdered him, and showed hostility toward him along with her sister. This makes no fucking sense at all.
Did you even watch the series? Remember when Subaru killed himself after Rem died and how he recognized that the twins were good people? You keep bringing up how Rem killed him or tortured him but did Subaru ever blame Rem for doing it?

FAPPALICIOUS , , , , , ,

Yes. This is what makes the characterization of Rem and Subaru so fucking stupid. It's nonsensical and possibly the worst part of the series. From one extreme to another (complete and utter devotion, love, whatever you want to call it, to murder) It's stupid and quite frankly, out of place with the rest of the series. It's quite obviously why the character of Rem was basically retconned out of the remainder 70% of the series which is currently available.

I don't watch anitubers. my opinion is my own.
I LITERALLY WROTE A WHOLE WALL EXPLAINING MY REASONING

>Blah blah

>picks up fight with someone he disagrees with
>spazes out literally saying nothing but " that's retarded" for every argument
> isn't willing to admit there's a flaw in his favorit show

What are you doing here kid? this site is 18+ Scram.

He may not blame them but damn is it difficult to get it up for someone that killed you.
Not the same guy btw

It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. They just recognize a pattern, namely that Isekai is trash more often than not, and since it's Isekai, they think it must follow that pattern and are actively looking for points supporting their opinion while ignoring those undermining it. That said, calling it a masterpiece is a stretch. It's a solid 7/10.

>i literally wrote a whole wall explaining my reason

With nothing but assertions about how you personally didn't enjoy it. Might as well wrote "i just didn't like it" if you aren't going to bring up specific cuts or specific songs or specific designs.

>favorite show
It isn't my favorite show. It's like my 4th or 3rd favorite show.

He mentioned Rem dying and it summoned the witch when fighting the whale

retards

Attached: 2peu0p44ynaz.png (1024x635, 638K)

user please, stop trying to drawing aggro to my daughter.

Attached: DeX-sYKU0AAhhk_.jpg (768x768, 95K)

Please do not bully my wife. Thank you.

Attached: 1341241413123.png (1200x1572, 1.88M)

Thanks for your input. Also please refrain from using Beako for shitposting, she doesn't deserve it.

I just want to protect her and give her tons of happy memories

Attached: DzgJCscVAAAAZRS.jpg (898x1024, 192K)

Will anything top this?

Attached: 1548825287915.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Based and Subarupilled

Who will protect her smile with me?

Attached: Emilia.(Re_Zero).full.2165980.jpg (2846x1902, 819K)

One of the series' good traits. A lot of people see a fictional world as their time to shine because they're think they're misunderstood geniuses or whatever. The entire world must exist to accommodate for them. But believably a fish out of water would be retard to everyone and everyone can tell when you're bullshitting.

Re:Zero is really good and doesn't deserve a lot of the criticism it gets, but it also isn't a 10/10. There are a LOT of plot holes and macguffins.

Also, not sure I've seen this said before, but when I was watching I couldn't help thinking that the character development ignored the time travel elements. For instance, when Rem gives her "I love you, don't give up" speech to Subaru, she's known him for what, a few weeks? It makes sense for Subaru to have those feelings, but why does she feel that way?

>there are a LOT of plot holes and macguffins

Name them

>why does rem love subaru
Speed watcher. This is thoroughly explained in episode 18. The development is fairly obvious throughout the anime also

Ferris and Crusch are masterpieces.

Attached: Crusch-sama and Felix 28.png (799x1100, 736K)

Look dude, I like Rem. She was best girl. But for her to fall DEEPLY, 15-MINUTE SPEECH ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU in love with Subaru in such a short time is ridiculous.

can't wait to season 2 episode 1 ;)

>such a short time is ridiculous
1. it is the best scene in the anime
2. it is not ridiculous to start loving someone when you go through a bunch of shit together.

It's about the depth of a relationship not the amount of relationship.

This. It's also a fault of the adaptation that they didn't show more NatsukiRem scenes because they wanted to underplay it.

meant the second part to be to this guy

>NatsukiRem
This refers to loop where Subaru and Rem are married with kids. Not their relationship.

did I ask?

No you just got it wrong and I am correcting you.

I can refer to their relationship however I want though, even if that name was used for that side story. I'm not going to stop using a character's name because they had a named chapter.

Beatrice will win the Subaru bowl. They have to be together forever or else Subaru will die

Attached: 43E715D8-9253-4FF0-BFB2-3F55FF1DE4EA.png (1024x1092, 1.25M)

Beatrice already won the daughteru bowl, she doesn't need to fight against any one because she's absolutely number one in subaru's heart.

Attached: 1549225111358.jpg (960x540, 46K)

>I can refer to their relationship however I want though
No you can't. Natsuki Rem is a name. It's Subaru's last name which Rem takes, it doesn't make a lick of sense to label a ship using one's last name and the other's first name because that makes a fucking name because then you are talking about a person not a relationship.

Do remfags still believe that she will win? We literally got an alternate side story for her. This basically confirms that whatever ending the LN has, Rem winning has already been ruled out.

let them believe. I believed in Ichiruki, which was more of a long shot than their ship. JUST LET THEM BELIEVE. (I ship Emilia and Subaru)

Man I love this show but the fans and haters just make it an awful experience. I just want to see more Subaru suffering and being comforted with lap pillows. Why do you guys have to always take it to the most autistic extreme. Show is a 10/10 for me because it strikes that emotional cord I want in a show but I can recognize that it isn't actually perfect.

Attached: 1524007716400.jpg (736x736, 84K)

Waifu Wars. The bane of every series

Blame the author for making a side character the forefront of the first 3 arcs of his series and then completely removing her from existence. It has created a bitter feud between the main heroine and love interest.

The episode isn't just Rem's confessions but Subaru's confessions and him taking a break to get sorted out.

Ferris is so cute. Crusch is lucky as fuck.

>brought up specific stylistic choices that were poor
>brought up specific shots that were done well
>brought up specific directions that weren't very good like shot reverse shot

Nigga are you an actual retard or are you just pretending to be?

Here's your last (you). enjoy sperging out like a fanboy.

Attached: DNe_2sbV4AESrlB.jpg (1024x832, 96K)

>bitter feud between the main heroine and love interest.
You can deny it all you want but Emilia is the main heroine and love interest as well.

Obviously from the story standpoint she is the main girl. But the author fails spectacularly at making her the main lead

Yes. This is what I was implying that Emilia IS the main heroine and love interest. It's obvious to anyone who isn't blind or mentally incapacitated or just biased because they like a character more than another character.

From Arc 4 onward to the current end, Emilia is literally in almost every chapter and an extremely important character. I can admit from Arc 1-3 it feels she is left out a lot. It was a poor design choice by the author.

>Emilia is literally in almost every chapter and an extremely important character.
hell no, did you forget how she spent most of Arc 4 crying in bed?

This is simply not true but nice try

But she did? She literally accomplished nothing in arc 4 until the final loop

Try taking your rem goggles off and read it again.

Please tell me something emilia did in arc 4 before the final loop

>fail the first trial
>cry yourself to sleep
>die to rabbits
>repeat every loop until subaru saves you
This is literally all she does in arc 4

KINO

>Yes. This is what makes the characterization of Rem and Subaru so fucking stupid. It's nonsensical and possibly the worst part of the series. From one extreme to another (complete and utter devotion, love, whatever you want to call it, to murder) It's stupid and quite frankly, out of place with the rest of the series. It's quite obviously why the character of Rem was basically retconned out of the remainder 70% of the series which is currently available.
Rem isn't a sane individual. She has a very warped personality and world view due to her upbringing of living under Ram's shadow then living with the guilt of the emotion she felt when Ram lost her horn which her abusive adoptive parent Roswaal didn't try to remedy. Rem values things like heroics and self sacrifice deeply, the story about Wilhem and Theresa is one of her favorites. Now here comes Subaru.

During that week of the successful loop, Subaru tried his absolute hardest at everything while trying to hide ineptitude which despite his best efforts didn't go unnoticed under Rem's watchful eye. Rem was watching him so very closely because she was originally trying to find a reason to kill him and remove the interloper from her world. Him trying his absolute hardest despite his lack of skill spoke to Rem, Rem wasn't naturally good at anything unlike Ram and so she could feel a connection to Subaru. Then here comes the Ulgram incident, Subaru plunging into the forest to save the kids Rem saw as something heroic which begun Rem's guilt to Subaru. Rem was straight up looking for a reason to end his life without giving him the benefit of the doubt. And then later when Subaru pushes Rem out the way and gets turned into a chew toy, it brings her guilt to a new level because Rem had a chance to pull Subaru with her and "save" him but she hesitated because of the Witch's scent. And later when Subaru sacrifices himself to save Rem a second time it destroys her again. 1/2.

But Subaru comes back alive despite that there was no way for him to survive. And then on Jah, no cap he relieves Rem of her seemingly innate inferiority complex, it doesn't immediately resolve it but it's a start. Imagine it, your hero wakes up and pardons you of your guilt that you feel because he sacrificed himself for you twice (which in your eyes are both your completely fault). He almost died several times over in the last day but can laugh and smile and speaks some magic words relieving you of your inferiority complex, and then gives you a head pat.

You could easily see this, if you read the WN/LN which is something that you said you did. This is something that Tappei spells out for you because he gives you several scenes from Rem's perspective and then in Arc 3 he gives you a entire loop from Rem's perspective where her love for Subaru is tested. Rem's love for Subaru is very easy to understand - if you read.
2/2.

It's much easier to get it up for the girl who "She made a Subaru who could no longer walk and now faced downwards raise his head, took his hand, embraced his chest, kissed his forehead, and gave him courage. with the blue warmth pushing his back and prompting him to walk forward, a Subaru who was supposed to have ended once again started from zero."

Dropped after 2 episode

> Episode 18? Brainlet
Episode 18 was terrible cringe melodrama.

ok retard

White Whale deleting memories.

That's not episode 13.

Ever since I’ve watched it it’s been my favorite anime. Nothing is as well written and executed as this. It’s beautiful. S2 was the best news I’ve gotten this year

Not him but rem kills him once, not twice, the second time ram kills him with wind magic, that is why rem says "sister is too kind" , speedwatcher

nobody cares she still tortured him and would have killed him

see

>nobody cares she still tortured him and would have killed him
Who knows? Maybe she would keep him around forever as her personal pin cushion

Attached: 1538381784238.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Actually good taste.

More like saving. Isekai is the best genre ever and Kenja no mago is current AOTS.

>Kenja no mago is current AOTS

Attached: cmon.jpg (359x240, 15K)

God I fucking hate this thread, a couple of manchildren cant handle criticism of the manga/anime their waifu comes from. Goddamn, grow the fuck up, nobody cares if you think its a masterpiece. Nothing is without flaws.

are you okay user? maybe you should take a break and go outside.

Yeah take a break and go outside. Preferably into oncoming traffic.

You can tell the quality of the show by the content of the threads.
Waifuposting? It's probably an insubstantail story because all the fans can talk about is how much they want to fuck a characer.
Meanwhile you have things like SSY which is still getting threads and all of it is about the story and the philosphy behind it.

Following this Criteria, Re:Zero is above average but by no means a masterpiece.

what the fuck is SSY? and these are all season 2 threads not WN translation threads which were all about the story and philosphy but those threads are never coming back

>You can tell the quality of the show by the content of the threads.
>this fucker is back again
jesus, i remember you from old threads. cant believe you're still doing it. it's so pathetic

God those threads were much comfier, all the deepest lore talk was much better than this shitposting.

I havent even posted im this read before this, I've just been lurking in this thread and for some reason it set me the fuck off.

Masterpiece? Maybe in comparison to other isekai. But it is a pretty good anime. It does Isekai well simply by the fact that the isekai aspect isn't the core of the story, it's the reset that is.

>A lot of contrarians hate on things simply because they are popular
I don't hate Rezero, because it is popular. Way too many series (either good or bad)0are popular, so it's hard to hold 'being popular' against a show. No, I hate rezero, because it is one of the worst shows I have ever watched. The writing was terrible, the show itself is generic rehash of things that have been done better before and it's basically another low quality LN that rides the already overused and stale isekai fad. There is nothing good or noteworthy about this series.

>wrong
>wrong
>wrong

kill yourself dumbass

way to respond to his post jackasses

Name your top three favorite anime then you loser so we can all laugh at you.

It’s obviously just a troll, don’t act like I should bother putting effort into it.
>I don’t hate it just because it’s popular
>I hate it because it’s objectivly trash
>even though it’s so well acclaimed
>totally don’t hate it for being popular
>everyone else is just wrong

>user spoke the truth
>they hated him for it

if so then you shouldn't respond at all dumbass

i did respond to his post reject

>reject
the only thing here that's reject is your credit score, get a life deadbeat.

shut your bitchass up before it becomes my cock holster

>shut your bitchass up before it becomes my cock holster
What? Your dick was too small that it couldn't reach through the glory hole at your local gay bar?

you better hope its small for the sake of your ass.

Attached: 1554672137063.png (1061x591, 665K)

I'm bit of a size queen, don't try to disappoint.

>You all regurgitate gigguk, mother's basement and digibros opinions like lemmings.
I know Mothers basement really liked Re Zero tho

Be honest, who else enjoys Isekai animes the most? I do because I like to think it is kind of a look into the future, VR is getting better and better and go look at things like the Teslasuit and haptic gloves on youtube, we can emualte touch ALREADY or the katwalk treadmill that alllows movement in a treadmill so you can move in the world without actually running out of space in your room

This will all be way better in 15 years, we shall be our own Isekai dreams soon enough. Stay strong until then anons

No he didn't he liked the OP he thought the show was misogynistic and problematic

The absolute state or rezero fags.
>Haibane Renmei
>LOGH
>GTO
>GITS SAC
>If they disagree with me, then they must be trolling
Imagine being this mad.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU HAVE FUCKING TERRIBLE TASTE

Haibane Renmei is a 7/10
GITS SAC is pretentious garbage

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF HAAAAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1554363820314.jpg (854x1078, 70K)

i want to fuck this bird

It is going to be like this every thread? Also updates when?

>It is going to be like this every thread? Also updates when?
It is until you kick them out. Updates never

I really wish rem didn't exist. this would be a better series and much less cancerous

How so?

Rem and characters relationships with rem, as well as Subaru’s character development, and some of the shows greatest moments, rely heavily on rem and her role in the series. Don’t hate just because she’s the most popular waifu

who's rem?

nice one

>problematic
I hate this fucking word so much

what did we do to deserve these shitty threads

Attached: but also but also but also but also but also.png (176x300, 29K)

Doesn't make it any worse, every time a re zero thread happens it always make me wonder if you actually do have autism

Not gatekeep hard enough

>posting something that takes me 15 seconds to do because I have to retrieve the pasta makes me autistic

Emilia is re:zero's biggest problem and the retard magnet that creates cancer

>be me
>like re:zero
>also a virgin incel
/r9k/ where you @?

the anime isn't, but the WN is absolutely a masterpiece

>>>\r9k\

In all seriousness though , is Re: Zero the best isekai. Does anything else even come close ?

I wouldn’t call it best.

based.

fucking based. i will defend this series until the day i die

Attached: 25cd20b277fac1169dd419f7b79e5b54--subaru-re-zero-beatrice.jpg (736x974, 94K)

larger and cleaner

Attached: Rem_1.jpg (1440x936, 142K)

>discuss why Re:zero is a masterpiece
It's not.
It's just that OP likes it a lot to the point where he has a distorted viewpoint and cherrypicks data to support his view BUT ignores data that opposes it.

>This thread is to discuss why Re:zero is a masterpiece
So far, it looks like the even-tempered posters don't think Re:Zero is a masterpiece. In contrast, one or a just a few fanboys of the show doggedly stick to Re:Zero being the masterpiece anime in their lives.

Re:Zero has many isekai tropes in it. Thus praising it as a masterpiece means accepting those tropes as either contributory towards a media item being a masterpiece or at worst, such items do not impact the show having writing and anime qualities of a masterpiece. That's really stretching logic to have those types of tropes qualify a show as being a masterpiece.

Why the fuck is it everytime these group of shitposters get unbanned they start spouting
>Re:Zero IS A MASTAH PEICE
>REMKEKS
>MY FAKE SPOILERS
>MY LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF RELATIONSHIPS AND ENTERTAINMENT
>EMILIA IS THE BEST CHARACTER
Its been three fucking years. THREE YEARS. For fuck sakes people are just translating the WN and reading it to themselves, can't you guys fuck off and not spam the catalog with your inane bullshit? This isn't Yea Forums.

Attached: 358cd6a7d933c895eec3784fd81373f0830200e9.jpg (430x430, 122K)

best scene

Attached: chap68.jpg (310x1200, 86K)

Emilia is the best though.

I'm not a shitposter though

>muh tropes
okay gigguk
okay retard

">>>\r9k\"

try to make yourself less obvious reddit