Could someone explain to me what the fuck this is all about?

What was the guy with the electric hands and brainwashing powers supposed to be? Were the man eating people aliens? Are there more aliens? Is everyone with jumpy and speed running abilities aliens? What about the guy with a clockwork hat? Was he a robot or was it just his hat?

Just what the fuck is going on? What is the story supposed to be about? I'm 18 episodes in and I don't know what's happening. Is it meant to be a disjointed series of unrelated stories?

Is everything just a manifestation of the hidden parts of their personalities? Is that what the stale, droning on dialogue is trying to get across? Or that people are evolving?

Someone please explain it to me.

Attached: download (2).jpg (1280x720, 46K)

user, every single one of your questions was answered in the show itself, multiple times even.
>Is everything just a manifestation of the hidden parts of their personalities? Is that what the stale, droning on dialogue is trying to get across? Or that people are evolving?
But to answer this one, yes in certain cases like Boogiepop who is more like an alter ego of Touka rather than a possibility. Nearly every supernatural character besides Echo, Manticore, and the synths from the Towa Organization were evolved humans.

Attached: Like she was looking at someone 2 unworthy to kill.jpg (853x480, 39K)

the show isn't supposed to make sense. The purpose of the show is so that we can look at cute boogiepop

Attached: 1555040934677.gif (400x510, 2.74M)

Even if someone were to take the time to adress all your question any the wisdom imparted on you would not stick. It would all melt away like snow in April.

Attached: 1551517955302.jpg (1787x1000, 210K)

>user, every single one of your questions was answered in the show itself, multiple times even.
I'm not denying i'm an idiot, I just need someone to alleviate the pain of being one and help me understand what's going on.
What's the plot of the show? Is it a story about humanity evolving? Then were do all the supernatural villains and assassins fit in?
>Boogiepop who is more like an alter ego of Touka rather than a possibility
Is Boogiepop like the manifestation of someone's personality that's evolved?

You have to be at least 18+ to post here.

Also, if you're eighteen episodes in, you've finished the show. It's only eighteen episodes.

>What's the plot of the show? Is it a story about humanity evolving? Then were do all the supernatural villains and assassins fit in?
The show barely scratches the surface of the main plot since it only adapts four novels out of like 20, so it's alright to be confused on that. The story is basically just about Boogiepop and "Others" trying to stop the emerging Enemy of The World, which is just an evolved human trying to use their power to change the world based on their ideals. The assassins are agents of Towa Organization the shadowy group who wants to stop evolved individuals who could damage the balance of the world by evolving too rapidly, Towa and Boogiepop basically have the same goal but are mostly unrelated.

Boogiepop is just edgy teenage philosophy garbage, like all light novel adaptations.

This is the most based fucking post I've read on Yea Forums in awhile.

Thank you for helping me understand the plot. It makes a little more sense now.

>Is Boogiepop like the manifestation of someone's personality that's evolved?
Boogiepop is Touka's evolved personality but there's some hints in the show that tell us that Boogiepop is just Touka acting chuuni.
It would probably be better to read the LNs to get a better understanding of the story.

No problem, user

Attached: 1551465230426.jpg (665x682, 65K)

humans that have evolved, biologically, but in a manner that expresses "super powers" rather than "survival mutations," and the societal implications of such evolving humans. this is stated several times throughout the show, it's not particularly obtuse about the set up

>Boogie

Attached: PFFFFT.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>Poppu

S2 when?

I NEED MORE NAGI

2deep4u

Attached: firefox_2019-04-08_10-13-10.png (673x301, 22K)

>Someone please explain it to me.
did you watch the whole show?

spooky E is an artificial human. Manticore was also a artificial human. only Echoes is an alien. everyone with superpowers are called mlps, and they are an more evolved human

You may joke, but it actually snowed yesterday here in Germany.

how's this compare to the previous anime adaption?
doesn't seem to have the same gritty noir look

Nagi is for old man only

creepy bubble a cutie. CUTIE!

Attached: 73931718_p0 (1).jpg (2118x1500, 2.12M)

She's not actually a possessed alien?

boogiepop phantom is not canon. the new anime covers books 1-3, 5, and 6

>mfe no translations of books 7-12

Reading the summaries I was interested in books 10 and 12

We will never get a Season 2 right?

The other one was too much episodic bullshit, shit designs and animation

Good soundtrack though

It helps having watched at least episodes 1-3 and 10-13 before Phantom. Or the whole show, since that only leaves the Imaginator and King of Distortion arcs.

Literally made for bullying

Attached: kei.jpg (1626x1264, 484K)

Where the hell did you find the summary from?

kys. Kei is for consensual sex only

Kys, Kei is for bullying and bullying only
t. not saotome

Attached: saotomekun.jpg (1351x1000, 283K)

Saotome wanted to be bullied, not do the bullying

What happened to her?

Attached: Boogiepop-06-13.jpg (853x480, 48K)

The taser removed the brainwashing

Post characters who did nothing wrong

Attached: Warawanai-08-32.jpg (853x480, 46K)