So who the fuck was he exactly?

So who the fuck was he exactly?

Attached: Soul_King_pro.png (362x296, 126K)

just a container. Also the bleach manga video guy deleted all his videos. Feelsbadman

for all intents and purposes, a macguffin

looks like that npc wojak

Aizen's brother/fuckbuddy

Who?

>ukitake actually has a demon inside of himself that can save the soul king
I just reread it and maybe I was speed reading, but what the fuck? Where did that come from?

Preordial diety and father of Yhwach

The demon is the king's right hand, speedreader-kun

Soul King

A mad fucking lad

>Ukitake's zan is called Law of Pisces
>its power is absorbing an enemy's attack and redirecting it
>so basically it represents karma, or events that come full circle
>Ukitake was born with lung disease, is saved by a deity that represents stability
>sacrifices himself to stabilize the world's balance and thwarting Yhwach's plan

And people say Kubo is a bad writer

I know it's the king's right hand, but did they talk about that during the soul society arc?

He was a cool character, but the ending was pretty rushed in my opinion. Did Kubo know he was getting axed at that point in the story?

>a deity that represents stability
Stagnation, to be precise

t. aizen

whatever it was, it was clearly a prisoner and hated soul society. I found it an interesting twist but Kubo didnt expand much on it. Ywhach was basically trying to save him.

Read the novels

The Hogyoku was definitely inspired by the Cintamani. Interestingly enough, the Japanese version of that seems to be the Nyoi-Hoju, or just Hoju. Apparently, the kanji for "-ju" and "-gyoku" both mean "jewel", so "Hoju" and "Hogyoku" are practically synonyms. Kubo might have also chosen the term "Hogyoku" as a reference to "Hogyo", a term which traditionally denotes the death of a god/emperor.

Also, the deity directly connected to the Hoju is called, wait for it, Aizen Myo-o. Aizen Myo-o has a shrine at Kakuonji Temple, in the city of Kamakura. Kamakura used to be the de-facto capital of Japan. Also in Kamakura is the Zuisen-ji, the "funeral temple" of the ancient rulers of Kamakura, who were known as "kubō".

->
Aizen and his wish-fulfilling sphere, the Hoju, reside in Kamakura, a city formerly ruled by the kubō."

post >yfw the soul king was Kubo himself all along

Attached: 615Soul_King_profile.png (1004x973, 786K)

The weakest of baits

What's in the novels?

he is the heart

a dead amputee inside jello

Gerard was the heart

His past.
TLDR: the universe was a chaos, humans, hollows, shinigami and the SK just randomly poped into existance. The SK destoyed the hollows that ate humans, the shinigami proposed him to split the universe into realms for each race. The SK agreed but was betrayed, cut up and put inside that crystal

While I enjoyed bleach, the final arc was the biggest shitfest I've ever seen

Who or what is the soul king?
Why does juha need to absorb him or whatever?
Ichigos bankai breaking twice
Hisagis bankai
What happened to izaru?
Still silver is the literal embodiment of deus ex machina
We never really find out what the fuck happened in the end, who died, how the world still exists when the soul king is dead
The zero squad getting off screened by Juha
Gerard getting auswahlen'd

overall it was fucking awful

>brainlet_wojak.png

The final arc was full of loose ends, plot holes and ass pulls. You can't deny this

(You)

>implying watching Kurotsuchi proving himself the king of asspull and keikaku vs KEIKAKU wasn't entertaining as fuck

Do you hate fun, user?

>loose ends
Novels exist

>plot holes
Name one

>asspulls
Literally a meme

How exactly do you betray an asshole that can see all the futures?

So what was the Hogyoku?

The Soul King is basically the Outsider from Dishonored.

DESU with you I havent actually read the novels, just some bullet points. Thats probably explained

I never finished Dishonored, all i know is that Outsider showed up in a dream to me and gave me super powers. Unless i'm not even remembering that right.

>Outsider showed up in a dream to me and gave me super powers

Unless you're actually Corvo, quit self-inserting. It's not healthy.

Attached: 1555144429154.png (214x198, 46K)

Attached: angel-densetsu-1897831.jpg (750x1157, 89K)

why is gin so smug

Attached: smugin.jpg (1054x720, 59K)

wrong
the real heart was the friends we made along the way

Attached: 1527946513726.png (1920x1080, 376K)

Apparently he let it happen.

In that case my follow up question is, why did he let it happen? I would assume "for the greater good", but other anons say that he was a prisoner, hated it, and Yhwach wanted to save him.

Who were the legs?

The Soul King was a prisoner, but it seems like things with sour with his imprisonment when they started taking body parts and organs from him, and thus, lost most of his powers.

We don't know what Yhwach exactly was to the Soul King, whether he was his actual son or just a part of his power created fight for him.

Because he got to fuck this.

Attached: fee.gif (264x390, 477K)

I doubt he ever fucked her.

Soul King or what he was called was an unfinished idea of Kubo, who incidentally left the whole manga unfinished after his appearance with a half-assed ending.

A McGuffin Deus Ex Machina

Wrong

Not even. He was a beta white knight who had no vision. At least Chadzen took a part of Rangiku and made it great

Prove it.

I'll never know because it's not in the manga.

You made the claim

Tekken?

I made one, what about it?

Prove it

Prove what?

user, however much that makes sense thematically, it was still awkwardly plopped in at the last second to give Ukitake sudden relevance

What do you mean wrong? None of this is explained in the manga, it's all in some novel written after the manga ended.

>awkwardly plopped in at the last second
There were hints shown earlier

Every one of the points I mentioned were built upon throughout the course of the manga; I'm not going to go as far as to say Mimihagi himself was planned from the very introduction of Ukitake, but the foundation was there.

He knew her since childhood, and Rangiku was very attached to him.