Just started rewatching this , what else should i know aside from the tokyo gas attack...

just started rewatching this , what else should i know aside from the tokyo gas attack , also what exactly was the penguin hat and how did it revive himari?

Attached: penguindrum-4209.jpg (388x550, 255K)

also what did she mean buy IMAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sarin attack and Night on the Galactic railroad are the only external references that legitimately help understanding the story. Everything else is either explained in the story proper or doesn't really need an explanation.

so am i stupid for mot getting what did they mean with the kids factory ?

Attached: 51l58ALY1lL._SX385_.jpg (385x289, 27K)

bump

Just re-watch Utena instead user, it's better

Attached: 1555085844177.jpg (960x738, 91K)

the fuck. I watched this a while back. what's this about these references?

Princess of crystal is pure sex.
I want to lick her armpit

nothing, the penguin hat was Momoka's spirit, it extends Himari's life by initiating a surviving strategy, duh. Kanba gave half of his apple (the proof of being a wanted child) to Shouma, then Shouma gave half of his to Himari, but Himari was punished (by destiny) thanks to her parents being terrorists, so Momoka extracted more apple from Kanba (end of first episode) as a temporary solution until the brothers were able to find the Penguindrum.

It means that we live in a society

>the penguin hat was Momoka's spirit
nonesense momoka died in the gas accident , i mean dead people can't do anything to change destiny right?
>Himari was punished (by destiny) thanks to her parents being terrorists
then why didn't (destiny) punish shouma too ?

>dead people can't do anything to change destiny right?
I'm not sure about that, Watanabe was dead too.
>why didn't (destiny) punish shouma too ?
Not sure why only Himari was punished to be honest. Maybe because she was the little girl.

Watch the movie Night on the Galactic Railroad it will help a lot.

Makes no sense at all.
Do not confuse a well written story with random shit trying to be deep.

Imagine watching a Japanese series very heavily referencing metro lines, a huge terrorist attack carried by a radical organization and the number 95 and thinking nothing of it.
Imagine that.

Attached: Mawaru Penguindrum pictograms.png (2000x1237, 814K)

I always interpreted it as kids being broken down and reformed as society wants them to be.

Ikuhara was forced to include the penguins to have marketable mascots, they are mostly comic relief and a bit of foreshadowing

Why penguins??

who was this guy??

Attached: this-is-as-bad-as-yakitate-japan.png (800x450, 423K)

Read Kafka on the Shore and after the quake by Murakami, a lot of the plot and theme comes from those

They don't fit into any category neatly, they're not quite birds or fish. They also have strong family ties. That is what ties them to the theme. Also some of this.

Attached: End8.jpg (1440x810, 228K)

how did the frog save Tokyo?

it fought against the worm and won but not without the help of the average japanese salaryman

I want to give her a hug and make her feel comfortable.
Asahara.

He's wizard ghost rabbit librarian cult leader terrorist scientist doctor bishounen man.

Sanetoshi VA is the same seiyuu as Satou from Welcome to the NHK. Which technically makes Penguindrum a spiritual sequel.

You don't need to know anything because none of it connects in any meaningful way. In fact, not knowing is better because you can maintain the illusion of depth.