Why was this show so good?

Why was this show so good?

Attached: crybaby_poster2.png (350x495, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hBJ5-ljU9QM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because you're a teen

It was eh. Didn't really care for it that much but it was watchable and I finished it. Certainly not the show two of my friends made it out to be.

confirmed low iq

It's a shame that the manga will never be completely faithfully adapted. It's not even that long, god dammit.

>Crybaby comes out
>instant hit on Yea Forums
>virtually everyone loves it
>normalfags catch wind of it
>becomes popular because muh netflix
>2 weeks later the most hated anime of 2018 on Yea Forums

youtu.be/hBJ5-ljU9QM

because the team behind it actually put effort into making a good product, the same can't be said about 99.9% of most other anime.

Soul.

Attached: souless vs soul.png (1524x2448, 3.58M)

Why do people wank the manga so hard? It's got a lot of heart and soul and good ideas, but also a lot of technical faults. It's just not well written. That's why all adaptations made changes; being completely faithful would just end up with a bad product.

I like Ryo and Akira better in the manga.

Amon was fucking awful

Left is soulless, I agree.

It's the life of a 6/10. People with the most enthusiasm for a medium get there first, energetically consume it, they're over it by the time the weaker ones come around. They haven't consumed as much before and unfairly praise things they're seeing for the first time to that earlier group, who were already tired of it and backlash proportionately unfairly to a work they'd liked okay at the time.

It was adapting a poor story to begin with. And it didn't really do the writing any favors, aside from the rapping guys.
It's a hard 6/10.

Except Yea Forums didn't like it "okay" at the time. Most people here loved it and the threads were hitting bump limit one after another for several weeks, with many already proclaiming it the AOTY.

didn't care for it, ending was way too jarring for me, was weird to see a yuasa anime that didn't have a very optimistic and happy ending

Most people didn't read the manga and had no understanding or appreciation for the vision. This adaption did nothing with its modern advantage and chose to be bland and safe, the exact opposite of what Devilman is. And so it was loved because what people got was a diet Devilman, and even a diet Devilman is still good. Especially when you havn't had the real thing.

Attached: 1530033689216.jpg (728x1139, 79K)

DUDE DONKEY NOISES LMAO

Attached: 1430136857525.jpg (600x600, 41K)

I felt that the Ryo/Akira duality was done much better this time around, giving the ending a bit more meaning and punch to it. Their relationship felt more real and explored with their vastly different characters.

>the anime meant for 20 somethings has more depth than the manga meant for 12 year olds
Woah.

>I felt that the Ryo/Akira duality was done much better this time around
wot? in Crybaby their relationship doesn't work at all

It wasn't that good.

I liked it because it was emotionally resonant and had a great soundtrack and animation. But looking past the emotions I felt in the finale and climax, I think it was filled with super underdeveloped characters, painfully speedy pacing, and very subpar, weightless conflicts (with the exception of the aforementioned climax).

When first watching it I was tempted to flip my shit and give it a 9/10 but I think it doesn't really go higher than a 7.5

Correct. If they knew eachother as kids, Ryo was a psychopath then, and Akira understood enough to protect people and animals from him, Akira never has cause to trust Ryo isn't a psychopath.

I didn't know anything about Devilman before Crybaby. I geniunely thought Miki was gonna make it. ;_;

I guess its cool to hate popular things. Crybaby is the best Netflix anime out there.

>virtually everyone loves it
This is revisionism. It was somewhat divisive with a positive slant.

>"""netflix""" anime
When you compare something to shit everything else shines like gold.

In the manga they were more of a best bro relationship. In Crybaby it was borderline an abusive one.

Nigga even in regular anime, Devilman Crybaby is one hell of a show. I never thought Devilman x Hotline Miami could make such a good combo. In fact, Netflix was a good choice because they didnt have to censor things like the most Jap productions do

>Devilman x Hotline Miami
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read about Crybaby, I hope that you're baiting.

>Netflix was a good choice because they didnt have to censor things like the most Jap productions do
You do realize that they could've released it as an OVA an the show would still be the same, right?

You are fucking retard. Devil man pretty much copied the aesthetics and music style of Hotline Miami and injected them into the series, Its a fact.
I dont know about OVA direction, but I dont think that it would have get enough funding to be a complete superviolent series, hence the Netflix way. Besides, I dont really see many OVA series these days.

>Devil man pretty much copied the aesthetics and music style of Hotline Miami and injected them into the series, Its a fact.
Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1444191313949.png (372x334, 134K)

>OVA series
>2018
Were you just unfrozen from cryogenic sleep or something?

Please go back to Yea Forums and stay there. Do not come back.

Listen to Devil man crybaby soundtrack and then the Hotline Miami and prove me wrong.
Pro tip: you cant

you should go back to /lgbt/ since your massive faggotry is intolerable here

I have, both of them are in my computer and I listen to them almost daily. Not only are you full of bullshit, you actually seem to believe your own bullshit.

Why you lie tho? You cant deny the similarities of the aggressively colorfull art direction Crybaby and HM have, and the similarities in their soundtracks. There are even articles online about those similarities that share. Next time come up with some legit arguements and not just bland denial. But what am I saying, you are propably too dense to realize it, your head is so far up your ass that is being digested in the stomach.

Yes, music in the same genre are bound to have some similarities you absolute fucking moron.
And to your "argument" that Crybaby and Hotline Miami somehow have the same aesthetic, are you actually fucking retarded? A modern take on Devilman and a videogame that takes place in the 80s have the same aesthetic because they have similar colors?
That's not even the fucking case you fucking monkey, Crybaby's color pallet was way more opaque when compared to Hotline Miami.

>There are even articles online about those similarities that share
The only thing I could find talking about it was a fucking Reset-era thread.

>technical faults
It's called the charm of the era. Trying to wash that off and replace with what's modern and trendy is what only the most plebian of plebs thinks of as improvement.

The rave was a good reimagination of the hippy basement party. After that I agree.

Its funny how you want agree with me but cant because you dont want to admit defeat. There are similarities between Hotline Miami and Crybaby. Do a better research and you will see what I mean. So many people talking about this. But anyways better luck next time boyo

Work on your bait next time.

It had one good scene. Everything else was pretty forgettable

Attached: 1535528674351.jpg (833x901, 94K)

>PLENTY OF PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME
Bait thread. Move on.

It was good. Your friends had really good taste. Can't say the same for you baka

>MEAT BAD
Faggot had it coming.

Attached: tumblr_pd0sebz6MO1tfk5hio1_500.gif (500x278, 415K)

Thank you for exemplifying the low intelligence of this board.

Attached: 1533047265103.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Why the kid turned into a demon again?

t. SoL comfy-fag

I don't get what you're saying.

He didn't post Yorimoi, though.

Watched too many Sabbaths on youtube.

It wasnt

fpbp

Because it's an adaptation of Devilman.

It only really did one or two things differently than the story it was adapting that were positive decisions (I refer to the greek chorus style interludes with the delinquent rappers and expanding upon Kaim and Sirene's relationship.), while the rest of it's additions were detractors and ate up screen time on shit that wasn't worth including like all the Miko/Miki stuff rather than the Devilman experimentation labs and acid girl. Also definitely a worse version of Jinmen by far.

The reason it's good despite all that is because Devilman at it's core is a damn good story.

Attached: 1554131026103.webm (800x800, 2.49M)

They literally made Zennon the nost irrelevant character

Attached: 20190308_224636.jpg (720x1122, 607K)